Weird testosterone fluctuation? Or not.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just got bloodwork back and my test is HALF what it was 6 months ago. Same 175mg a week dose broken out m/w/f evening. 6 months ago got my blood work Thursday morning 6am and it was 1072ng/dl free T was in the 300s... Last week my blood work came back and my total T is 571 and free is in the 170s. Bloods drawn Thursday morning 6am, same time as last draw.

I'm used to weird fluctuations from UGL stuff because ya know, it's bathtub water. But is seems a bit much for doc prescribed hormone.

Anyone else experience this? Should I shoot them an email like "yo I got bunk test from the compounding lab". I know there's tolerances they are allowed, but half is a bit extreme man

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bro if that was a script I'd be pissed!!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just got bloodwork back and my test is HALF what it was 6 months ago. Same 175mg a week dose broken out m/w/f evening. 6 months ago got my blood work Thursday morning 6am and it was 1072ng/dl free T was in the 300s... Last week my blood work came back and my total T is 571 and free is in the 170s. Bloods drawn Thursday morning 6am, same time as last draw.

I'm used to weird fluctuations from UGL stuff because ya know, it's bathtub water. But is seems a bit much for doc prescribed hormone.

Anyone else experience this? Should I shoot them an email like "yo I got bunk test from the compounding lab". I know there's tolerances they are allowed, but half is a bit extreme man
You Definitely need to talk to your Dr.

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
Is it from Rx or UGL?? If UGL that can be quite normal. (Not regulated). If Rx (like Mike513 said) I'd be pretty pissed.
It will fluctuate, but I've never seen it that extreme.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is it from Rx or UGL?? If UGL that can be quite normal. (Not regulated). If Rx (like Mike513 said) I'd be pretty pissed.
It will fluctuate, but I've never seen it that extreme.
Yep, it's Rx... Compounding lab though not like brand name stuff. Damn it and I just cleaned out my med box right before I got the bloods haha threw out the script box with lot numbers. They'll probably want that

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id be surprised if they even give a fukc. I suspect your doc will just be "hmmm, that is strange, but lets see what your next draw looks like". If your numbers are low again, itll be you thats changed (how you metabolize, or whatever) and will not be a manufacturing error. Unless of course a whole bunch of patients report weird numbers, but then I doubt theres some central reporting going on where this would be checked anyway...I dunno *shrug*

What did your doc say? He's surely seen the numbers too?

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Id be surprised if they even give a fukc. I suspect your doc will just be "hmmm, that is strange, but lets see what your next draw looks like". If your numbers are low again, itll be you thats changed (how you metabolize, or whatever) and will not be a manufacturing error. Unless of course a whole bunch of patients report weird numbers, but then I doubt theres some central reporting going on where this would be checked anyway...I dunno *shrug*

This is probably the most likely scenario. Doctors don’t usually take one test that seriously unless things are completely off the rails, and you’re technically still within “normal” T ranges. A repeat test is really your best course of action. Aside from the numbers, it might be good to tell your doctor any changes you’ve noticed physically that the numbers might explain. That said, 175mg a week would put many people near the top or above the reference ranges.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Well so far they definitely aren't accepting that the test isn't properly dosed LOL they are questioning my injection schedule, methods, and testing timing. Said they'd have someone call me... They haven't yet. But it's a TRT clinic, so who knows, I doubt they will end up replacing the bottle.

It's really not that big of a deal I guess, not like I'm over here withering away. Just really annoying to have this big of a fluctuation

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is probably the most likely scenario. Doctors don’t usually take one test that seriously unless things are completely off the rails, and you’re technically still within “normal” T ranges. A repeat test is really your best course of action. Aside from the numbers, it might be good to tell your doctor any changes you’ve noticed physically that the numbers might explain. That said, 175mg a week would put many people near the top or above the reference ranges.
Probably what's going to happen, they said they'd have someone call me but they haven't so I'm going to bug them again Monday. Just annoying to have levels like 30 points away from the top plummet 50%.

Might as well go back to UGL stuff if this keeps up though, 175 bucks a month might be cheap to some people, but I could run test&primo year round for TRT at 175 a month haha

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Probably what's going to happen, they said they'd have someone call me but they haven't so I'm going to bug them again Monday. Just annoying to have levels like 30 points away from the top plummet 50%.

Might as well go back to UGL stuff if this keeps up though, 175 bucks a month might be cheap to some people, but I could run test&primo year round for TRT at 175 a month haha
That's what I'm gonna do. It'll be test mast and gh tho