Tried everything...... help ?

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Okay, just real quick im curious....is my schedule good.....i mean i know its an acceptable option but ive been doing it for quite a while now outta habit and i wonder if its the BEST option
typically i train 5 days a week, monday through friday, and take saturday and sunday off. i train in the mornings, and get over 8 hours sleep on the weekend days. wddya think ?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yep. should be fine - just make sure you're putting in the mass builders in your routine. most of us i think train 5x a week - the only exceptions are the DC trainers, and the 5x5 trainers.

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Okay sweet. whats DC trainers? and okay there should be a mass builder of some type EVERY day right?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
DC is a different style than what you want, simply because of your age, and the amount of time you've been working out - look it up though for when you turn 18-19, and have some serious two years of weights behind you.

if you want to gain mass, i would start off with at least one mass gainer workout PER MUSCLE GROUP WORKED - for example, when i do arms, i superset 4 mass gainers - 2 for tri's, 2 for bi's. i start off with dips and chin ups (both with 35 lb plate), then do close grip bench supersetted with barbell curls. it got me pretty big (considering my mini-frame), and at your age with the test flowing like mad, will really make a difference.

they should also be at the start of your workout, since they are the most important for mass, it stands to logic that you'd want to do as many of them with as much weight as you can before you do anything else.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
an exact sample of my arm workout would be:

dips
chin ups | | grip
close grip bench
wide grip barbell curl
blasters - underhand "W" bar grip
leaning forward cable curl
tricep pushdown "^" bar
close grip barbell curl
reverse grip preacher curl
chin ups (close grip)

then again, i'm an ecto with a crapload of endurance - genetics play a big role on what you need to do at the gym. my dad ran 10k's until he was 50 - 6 foot and 160 lbs, and my mom is 60 now, and is just under 105 lbs. i have actually put on over 50 lbs from weight training from what i graduated HS with (127 lbs), and have only been seriously lifting for two years - before that was just whenever i wanted to, with not much of a plan behind it. again, thats why i said earlier that with cutting out drinking alcohol, drinking water, eating a lot better, training properly, post workout shake with carbs - doing all those things, and being at 16, you can EASILY get 20 lbs on you this year.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Someone calculate his BMR and maintenance, I dont have my spreadsheets on this computer. Sounds like we need to straighten out his food intake.

The only exercises you really need right now:

Overhead BB press (STANDING, NO SMITH, not the seated one either)

Flat BB bench press (NO SMITH!!!)

BB row (NO SMITH, NO T-BAR)

Dips (WEIGHTED, don't add weight until you can do at least 10 on your own body weight)

Pull ups/Chin ups (WEIGHTED, don't add weight until you can do at least 10 on your own body weight)

Back Squat (NO SMITH!!! Parallel to the floor or dont bother)

Deadlift (NO SMITH!!!)

Screw your ab work, screw direct arm work and screw decline exercises. Worry about Iso movements later. Don't ever waste your time on a smith machine again. Moving weight is worthless if you can't stabilize it yourself.

dommer

Banned
Awards
Thats a lot of ****ing food...... lol
i really do try to eat as much as i can, lol but sometimes im litterally just not hungry! which is why i do the shakes quite a bit..... but is there someway i can put on the nessacery calories easy and fast? without eating junk?
make very good friends with peanut butter :thumbsup: tis cheap loaded with calories and protein/god fats

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
make very good friends with peanut butter :thumbsup: tis cheap loaded with calories and protein/god fats
mmmmmmm i really wish i could, it might be that holding beack but im deadly allergic to peanuts, almonds, most nuts acctually..... :(

bossdaddy92

bossdaddy92

Awards
Someone calculate his BMR and maintenance, I dont have my spreadsheets on this computer. Sounds like we need to straighten out his food intake.

The only exercises you really need right now:

Overhead BB press (STANDING, NO SMITH, not the seated one either)

Flat BB bench press (NO SMITH!!!)

BB row (NO SMITH, NO T-BAR)

Dips (WEIGHTED, don't add weight until you can do at least 10 on your own body weight)

Pull ups/Chin ups (WEIGHTED, don't add weight until you can do at least 10 on your own body weight)

Back Squat (NO SMITH!!! Parallel to the floor or dont bother)

Deadlift (NO SMITH!!!)

Screw your ab work, screw direct arm work and screw decline exercises. Worry about Iso movements later. Don't ever waste your time on a smith machine again. Moving weight is worthless if you can't stabilize it yourself.

really? .......... thats a different advice.... you think no abs....no arms etc? at all? and lol yea ill admit it i do use the smith machine..... :/ no good huh
but thats for the bulking part right? surely not cutting...?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
most of us recommend chicken. not because we like it that much, more because of 2 hrs later you're hungry for more food. its pretty cheap too. also, if you are allergic to most nuts, check out and see if there's a "whole foods" or "trader joe's" in your area - sometimes they have similar things that they stock for people with allergies. or a health foods store (though they charge a lot). even though whole foods is pricey sometimes, i've seen soy protein bulk going for under 3 bucks a pound.

sunflower butter. for someone with your allergies.
Alternative Peanut Butter

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
No smith machine... almost ever. There are few rare occasions where it's ok. Your arms will get a good workout with each of those exercises so you don't need to work them directly. Why would you want to use a smith machine while you were cutting? You use more muscles to stabilize yourself by usings DB's and BB's.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Well s*** i got here late...
Sorry if i repeat some stuff but ill just tell you what i know.
Im 16, 6', and 165lbs. So im in the same boat as you are. On the whole reason why your still small after those years of workoing out, my best guess is cause your body was too busy growing upwards to be able to actually build muscle like you want.

Onto the present, on your workout, like ppl have been saying youve got to much clutter, trim it down to more sets of simpler stuff. You dont need 6 kinds of curls when 2 will do just fine. Also listen to suncloud, mass builders are key, especially squats. On what weight to use, your right that you want to hit the muscle hard so itll grow, i suggest using a weight that will allow you to do 6-8 reps per set, thats what ive heard and so far its working for me.
On the whole fluid thing, alchohol, soda, energy drinks, starbucks, jamba juice(<-- especially stay away from that crap its got like 80+g of sugar per cup) DONT even think about it. Maybe some sugar free stuff occasionally, but i say stay away from those to so you dont pollute your body with the unneeded chemicals.

Water, water, more water, and then some more water. IMHO you need minimum of 2 gallons a day. Your probably thinking "wtf why that much" because just like you need alot more calories for your new muscle, you need alot more water. And you should drink at least a .5gallon b4 bed, just cause your asleep doesn't mean your body doesnt need water. Yes you probably will have to piss alot, but you need the water.

Food. Depending on your metabolism you need alot more food then these other guys. Were still 16 and have high metabolisms. I am at least. Im an ectomorph, so when i get 3.5k calories of food, thats just a normal day, if i dont get at least 3k, ill start loosing weight lol. So im trying to get around 5k calories a day.
Thats right... 5,000 calories a day.
If your an ectomorph(really high metabolism) like me, you may need a whole lot more food.

Lastly, on the whole supp thing. Were 16 stay away from the s*** for now, theres enough crap going on w/ hormones it doesn't need that stuff. Protein shakes are fine depending on whats in them, i say stick to the more natural stuff w/o all the crazy addatives. Im also taking around 10mg of creatine a day 5 prew/o 5 postw/o. Other then that just forget about it, its not gunna help anyways.

so yeah, thats what ive found out, and what im doing so yeah. Hope i helped.