Tri-Max

MaddCapp

Awards
Think you might be able to get bloodwork again, once or twice, before you start your next cycle? It'd be interesting to see if there is rebound - how bad - and how quickly your levels normalize. Also, are you going 'time on = time off' between cycles?

I'm right in the middle of my UPC-1 cycle ... ran the first two weeks, and I was planning on starting the 2nd two weeks this coming Saturday. I'm now thinking sandwiching in 4 weeks of TriMax before I hit the last 2 weeks of UCP-1.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
throat swollen?? :confused: Please explain. You mean you didn't even start at one cap?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
sounds like he opened the caps and took the powder?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
THere is not gaurentee that you would get any active dose if you tried to onlt take half the powder. 2mg is such a small amount, it is insane.

skratch

Awards
throat swollen?? :confused: Please explain. You mean you didn't even start at one cap?
You can feel this stuff when its starting to work.I started taking 1 pill a day but in halfs.I would work it up every few days.By the third week I was up to 3 pills a day.

Im not taking 3/day any more.I did 3 a/day for 2 days and it was over kill.

I am tapering off this last week.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
I see everyone saying that you should use an androgen or aas with trimax to maintain lbm but what is the minimum recommended dosages of them? My current cutter is 5 mgs m1t and 30 mgs m5aa preworkout, will this be enough?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
You can feel this stuff when its starting to work.I started taking 1 pill a day but in halfs.I would work it up every few days.By the third week I was up to 3 pills a day.

Im not taking 3/day any more.I did 3 a/day for 2 days and it was over kill.

I am tapering off this last week.
yeah I would NOT recommend doing this in the future (opening the caps), and I find it odd that you did it in the first place.

My GF was up to 3 pills daily, I think next cycle I'll have her do 2 though. She has been off a week and so far she is showing some slight signs of hypothyroidism (lethargy and gained a pound), but this should not be unexpected, just as with T3 :)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I see everyone saying that you should use an androgen or aas with trimax to maintain lbm but what is the minimum recommended dosages of them? My current cutter is 5 mgs m1t and 30 mgs m5aa preworkout, will this be enough?

should be fine, yes. :)

skratch

Awards
yeah I would NOT recommend doing this in the future (opening the caps), and I find it odd that you did it in the first place.

:)
I split them up because 2mg is too much to start out with.I had no problems starting out slow and adding more and more each day.I had no sides what so ever.Other than more bowel movments and a slight weird feeling in my throat.

Here is a cut and paste on some info on tricana.

Triacana belongs to the group of thyroid hormone preparations. Its substance tiratricol is a precursor of the iodiferous thyroid hormone, L-triiodthyronine (L-T3). L-T3, together with another iodiferous thyroid hormone, L-T4 (L-thyroxine), is produced in the thyroid and is the distinctly stronger and more effective of these two hormones. School medicine use Triacana in the treat-ments of obesity and hyperthyroidism (e.g. Jod-Basedow phenom-enon-, goiter). Hyperthyroidism is an abnormal function of the thy-roid gland in which the amount of secretion by the thyroid hor-mone is above average. The thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) stimulates the thyroid gland to produce more L-T3 and L-T4. By the use of Triacana an excessive release of TSH can be avoided.

In the medical arsenal of bodybuilders Triacana has had a firm place since the late 1970's. After all, its lipolytic (fatburning) ef-fect is sufficiently known. This is due to the hypermetabolic state, increased irritability, and especially higher body temperature (gen-eration of heat) during the intake of Triacana. These are factors, which help the competing bodybuilder break down fat more eas-ily. By a caloric intake which is higher than usual it is still pos-sible to obtain a lower body fat content together with good muscle hardness. Although Triacana enjoys the reputation among ath-letes as a strong and especially effective fatburning thyroid hor-mone preparation, this preparation is a rather mild, well-toler-ated and relatively harmless compound. The often-made com-parison with the two L-T3 thyroid gland hormone compounds, Cytomel and Thybon, is a poor comparison since Triacana, mi-crogram for microgram, has a considerably lower effect. Even the more moderate L-T4 thyroid hormone drugs such as Synthroid or L-thyroxine are stronger than the substance tiratricol.

In order to achieve a visible fat-reducing effect most athletes must usually take 10-14 tablets/day. Generally, two 0.35 mg tablets are taken on the first day of intake and with two tablets added each successive day until 10-14 tablets/day are taken. The half-life time of tiratricol is 5-7 hours, so Triacana is usually taken 3-4 times daily. This guarantees a constant quantity of the sub-stance in the blood and thus a continued effect. Many athletes, in the meantime, are combining Triacana with Clenbuterol or Ephe-drine and report considerably better fat breakdown than when Triacana alone is taken. Among competing female bodybuilders and participants at the Miss Fitness pageant, in particular, the simultaneous administration of 8-10 Triacana tablets/day and 80-100 mcg Clenbuterol/day is a favorite. A series of bodybuild-ers use Triacana in combination with growth hormones in order to meet the body's increased thyroid hormone need during STH treatment (see chapter "Growth Hormones"). The theoretical ap-proach seems to be correct but Triacana is not an "ideal" thyroid hormone drug. The preparation Thyreocomb from the German Berlin-Chemie Company taken with a combination of the iodiferous L-T3 and L-T4 thyroid hormones would be more suit-able.

As for the duration of application the opinions of athletes vary greatly. Some use Triacana for only 4 weeks, mostly because they are afraid of a thyroid dysfunction. Others take it over a period of months. When looking at the physiological character-istics of the substance tiratricol, it becomes easier to make more accurate indications as to a possible duration of intake and the potential health risks that go along with the use. When taken in a dosage of 0.6 mg/day the reduction in the body's own TSH release can be obtained; with increased dosages it can be com-pletely suppressed. The fear that the TSH release will be continu-ously disturbed or suppressed after using the medication is with-out reason since this is a reversible, temporary process. 'Already 2-3 weeks after the intake is discontinued the TSH release is com-pletely normalized" (from Vidal 1994, page 1498). With this back-ground knowledge and based on the experiences of several ath-letes we would choose an intake interval of 10- 12 weeks.

Potential side effects such as palpitations, tremors, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, restlessness, nervousness, and excessive perspiration occur mostly during the first few days of intake. Those who in-crease their dosages slowly and evenly over several days as sug-gested usually have few problems with Triacana. Toward the end of the intake period a step-by-step reduction in the daily tablet dosage is better than abruptly discontinuing the substance. In summary one can say that Triacana is a (mild) alternative to the strong L-T3 thyroid hormone compounds such as Cytomel or Thybon with their strong side effects. It has only a lower lipolytic effect but can be taken over a prolonged period of time. Mistakes made during the intake are forgiven with Triacana rather than with Cytomel. Ambi-tious bodybuilders and athletes who are able to responsibly use strong medication choose Cytomel; persons who, however, fear side effects, who do not know much, or believe that "more is better," should select Triacana

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I am well informed as to what triacana is, but I do not necessarily believe that 2mg is too much to start, in that it justifies breaking open a capsule to try and personalize doses less than that. That's my opinion. Considering suppression: much akin to test... if one will be supressed quite easily (which seems to be the case with T3, T4, and triacana), why not take an effective dose high enough to ensure desired results (not saying that 3 caps are need, 6mg is alot)?

In other words I'm saying: I feel that many users could probably get good results with 1 cap, but IMO opening them up in an attempt to get a lower dose may not be the best idea, or convenient in any way (especially considering if one gets a "swollen throat"). To each his own I suppose.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I'll definitely be doing more bloodwork before my next cycle. The next cycle I will not go to 3caps/day at all, I'll start at 2caps/day and stay there for 3 weeks with clen the whole time. After running 3caps/day for the better part of 3 weeks with some very potent anabolics, I feel that 6mg/day is too catabolic and that 4mg/day will do just fine for fatburning.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll admit that I did the same thing as Skratch - I would split a cap by pouring roughly half into an empty gel cap. I knew it may not be evenly distributed, but if I only wanted 2mg day, the worst case would be that one cap would contain all the actives, while one contained only filler - essentially the same as taking one cap. If it did happen to split the active, then mission accomplished. Obviously, it's a pain in the ass, so I'll probably go for the 1mg caps next time!

If I just take 1 2mg cap a day, would that be too much fluctuation? I wouldn't want to be burning fat for the first few hours of day, only to be storing it after levels plummeted at night!

I am well informed as to what triacana is, but I do not necessarily believe that 2mg is too much to start, in that it justifies breaking open a capsule to try and personalize doses less than that. That's my opinion. Considering suppression: much akin to test... if one will be supressed quite easily (which seems to be the case with T3, T4, and triacana), why not take an effective dose high enough to ensure desired results (not saying that 3 caps are need, 6mg is alot)?

In other words I'm saying: I feel that many users could probably get good results with 1 cap, but IMO opening them up in an attempt to get a lower dose may not be the best idea, or convenient in any way (especially considering if one gets a "swollen throat"). To each his own I suppose.

skratch

Awards

Chill bro....I only split like 5 pills to start off slow.The swollen throat is not the best way of me explaining it.

I can feel my thyroid working in my throat is that better?Im sure others that have been on this know what im talking about.

Every other triax copy had 1 mg per cap in it.I only tried to get 1mg for the first few days.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey supersoldier, how much of the bottle do you have left after using it for your cycle?

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool, I was just wondering if it was a whole bottle or half. Price comparison to T3 for me is why I was wondering.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
You're gonna have PM in about a minute :)

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Based on the amount of feedback here, I'm assuming that Tri-Max would be a no-go for a natty like myself?

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I used it on a cutting cycle without any androgens and while I may have lost a little muscle, I stress it was very little, as my strength stayed the same and I looked better than ever. Just keep the cycle short.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
How long was your cycle Sir Foxx and what dose did you use?

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone experienced any of the side-effects that one would get with high dose T3? Like the runs for example?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Based on the amount of feedback here, I'm assuming that Tri-Max would be a no-go for a natty like myself?
I would think that if you're diet is in check (high protein ratio especially) you could certainly use it without a severe degree of muscle loss, although some may be unavoidable. Natty's always have a hard time with that anyway :)

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
As posted by Bobo:

Potent thermogenic action of triiodothyroacetic acid in brown adipocytes.

Medina-Gomez G, Hernandez A, Calvo RM, Martin E, Obregon MJ.

Instituto Investigaciones Biomedicas (C.S.I.C.-UAM), Arturo Duperier 4, 28029 Madrid, Spain.

Triiodothyroacetic acid (TRIAC) is a triiodothyronine (T3) metabolite with high affinity for T3 nuclear receptors. We compared the thermogenic action of TRIAC versus T3 in brown adipocytes, by studying target genes known to mediate thermogenic action: uncoupling protein 1 (UCP-1), a marker of brown adipocytes, and type II-5'deiodinase (D2), which provides the T3 required for thermogenesis. TRIAC is 10-50 times more potent than T3 at increasing the adrenergic induction of UCP-1 mRNA and D2 activities. TRIAC action on UCP-1 is exerted at the transcriptional level. In the presence of an adrenergic stimulus, TRIAC is also more potent than T3, inducing lipoprotein lipase mRNA and 5 deiodinase (D3) activity and mRNA. Maximal effects occur at very low concentrations (0.2 nM). The greater potency of TRIAC is not due to preferential cellular or nuclear uptake. Therefore, TRIAC is a potent thermogenic agent that might increase energy expenditure and regulate T3 production in brown adipocytes.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey SS, so how much of your bottle did it take to do four weeks?

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Talk Abolut Fast Recovery

Baselines taken 4/9/04 TSH 1.43; T3 142.86; T4 6.9; Free T4 1.30

Today (9 days off) TSH 1.52; T3 131.58; T4 4.8; Free T4 2.14

This is with no added Tyrosine, FL7, ect.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established

Ôhis is with no added Tyrosine, FL7, ect.
Very promising and yet again may show how permanent thyroid shutdown due to responsible exogenous thyroid hormone supplementation (or close relatives, lol) doesn't seem highly likely. Those numbers look better than I would expect for 9 days :)

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
SS, numbers look good. All the more reason to try it. I can't wait to start mine this Sun. I've decided to run it alone 2-4wks depending on how my body reacts.....if I notice muscle loss...ect. I'll start with 1 cap a day and stay there if it is effective at that dose. Otherwise I'll only ramp up to 2 caps then back down to one towards the end. I'll be sure to keep a log.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

NICE!

fieyaa

Awards

I read a study somewhere (im sure it was pubmed) that TSH/T3 hit baseline within 10-14 days after discontinued use of exogenous t3 supplementation and spiked afterwards and will return to normal in about 40 days.. it was something similar .. ill look for the study in a bit..

fieyaa

Awards
A report of hypothyroidism induced by an over-the-counter fat loss supplement (Tiratricol).

Scally MC, Hodge A.

Texas Health and Wellness Clinic, 8707 Katy Freeway Suite C, Houston, TX 77024, USA.

Prior to presentation, two physically fit adults, a 39-year-old male and 40-year-old female, began supplementation with an over-the-counter thyroid preparation marketed as a metabolic accelerator and fat loss aid, tiratricol. Both participants took the supplement for 5 weeks (3000-4000 mcg/d) and 3 weeks (6000 mcg/d), respectively. At presentation, both complained of lethargy, loss of appetite, and muscle weakness. Upon initial laboratory evaluation, results revealed low thyroid stimulating hormone with profoundly elevated T3 values in both patients. After an extensive review of the literature, the cause of the problem was found to be the nutritional supplement they consumed contained tiratricol. After discontinuation of the supplement, thyroid levels slowly returned to baseline 40 days and 5 months later, respectively.

I need to look around for the other study i saw..

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I think that is why the key is tapering down. Ramp up quickly, taper slowly, so you avoid things like that.

also why most will use something for 2-3 weeks tops in regards to T3

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
A report of hypothyroidism induced by an over-the-counter fat loss supplement (Tiratricol).

Scally MC, Hodge A.

Texas Health and Wellness Clinic, 8707 Katy Freeway Suite C, Houston, TX 77024, USA.

Prior to presentation, two physically fit adults, a 39-year-old male and 40-year-old female, began supplementation with an over-the-counter thyroid preparation marketed as a metabolic accelerator and fat loss aid, tiratricol. Both participants took the supplement for 5 weeks (3000-4000 mcg/d) and 3 weeks (6000 mcg/d), respectively. At presentation, both complained of lethargy, loss of appetite, and muscle weakness. Upon initial laboratory evaluation, results revealed low thyroid stimulating hormone with profoundly elevated T3 values in both patients. After an extensive review of the literature, the cause of the problem was found to be the nutritional supplement they consumed contained tiratricol. After discontinuation of the supplement, thyroid levels slowly returned to baseline 40 days and 5 months later, respectively.

I need to look around for the other study i saw..
I have seen this several times, and IMO it doesn't show us the full picture here at all. It shows us that triacana works bascially the same way T3 dooes, and it WILL shutdown thyroid production....but this is expected when using exogenous hormones (or their like).

IMO the question we wish to answer is HOW LONG would one be supressed and is this dose dependant? I thought I read this elsewhere that the male who took less was supressed for 5 months, and the female vice versa, I'll have to look at where I saw it.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As others have mentioned, it makes good sense to use an androgen during a Trimax cycle to avoid LBM loss, correct?

I agree that 2 week cycles make the most sense if you're worried about long-term supression, as does a "PCT" protocol of some sort.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are studies showing the use of T3 for 35+ years and when the dose was disconintued, thyroid function returned to normal within 45 days. So I don't think there is to much to worry about. Just eat clean and you will be ok.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
For the guys that are running this with androgens and/or other goodies, how low are you keeping your cals? What kind of defecit can we get away with?

MaddCapp

Awards
2500? Wow. If I'm remembering correctly ... you're a pretty big dude, aren't you? How far below maintenance is that jweave?