Transdermal Magnesium

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone use transdermal magnesium to meet their daily magnesium needs? If so, is there a particular brand and dose (and possibly application locations) that you found to work best? I'm using it to help with anxiety and sleep. I recently bought some to add to the magnesium taurate that I take every day (250 mg with breakfast, lunch and dinner). I tried it at night and while it seemed to help the first night, I didn't notice much after that (I used approximately 200 mg of elemental magnesium right before bed).

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What's wrong with oral magnesium? Albion TRAACS magnesium is my go to.

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
Oral magnesium is great for relaxing, especially for your muscles.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's wrong with oral magnesium? Albion TRAACS magnesium is my go to.
Nothing. Just read that transdermal is absorbed better and thought to give it a try.

edit: just wanted to add that either way I was planning to keep taking oral magnesium. Magnesium taurate (up to 1 gram some days) has eliminated the heart palpitations I started having a few weeks ago. So, I don't plan on dropping that. I just wanted to get opinions on the use of transdermal magnesium and how others would compare it to oral magnesium in effects.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just get SNS ZMA ...cheap and reliable. Not gonna say it is night and day, but I do believe I sleep better, stay asleep longer, wake up less, and fall asleep faster if I do wake up. I also believe it helps recovery to a good degree...not just working out but from stress in general.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No clue why you'd be so concerned with absorption to want to resort to transdermal application haha. Oral is just fine.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No clue why you'd be so concerned with absorption to want to resort to transdermal application haha. Oral is just fine.
I'm not concerned about about anything. I was just curious about any experiences others my have had and how it compares to oral magnesium (i.e. is a lower dose of transdermal more effective for relaxing at night...thus providing a cheaper and more effective alternative).

To look at it another way, some people like trying and discussing different types of stimulants and their effects. I prefer trying different supplements that help me relax/unwind. As I'm sure you know, even different forms of magnesium can have different effects depending on what it's bound to (i.e. magnesium taurate is more relaxing than magnesiym citrate due to the taurine). Thus my question about transdermal magnesium...

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
epsom salt baths or i use a magnesium spray

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I also use a magnesium oil spray which seems to work well locally