Training with Tennis Elbow

njt11

Awards
Unfortunately I've developed tennis elbow in my right elbow. I've always had dry joints but I've been able to work through. This is a whole new level. I thought my elbow was going to fall off after pull ups yesterday. Rather than further injury, I just want to maintain mass/strength the best I can while not working my elbow too hard. With summer coming, some additional cardio won't hurt. What do you guys think of this for the next 2-4 weeks while it recovers:

5 days per week
Chest/Tri/Front Delts/Side Delts
Legs
Back/Bi/Rear Delt/Traps
Abs/Cardio
Legs
Rest
Rest

Upper body exercises focused on dumbbell and cable work to avoid added stress to elbow. Lower weight/higher volume.

Any other suggestions? I'm taking high dose fish oil and joint support to help its cause as well.

j4ever41

Awards
i had inner and outer elbow pain bad at 1 time, I fought with it for awhile and tried many things that did little to nothing, the thing that worked the best for me is when I found a good A.R.T. practitioner, my elbows felt better after the first session, the first few sessions hurt like a bitch, and I did not have to back off of training, as a matter of fact I was able to increase weight used, and increase intensity of my training sessions while I was getting treated, anyway that is what I would suggest.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First and foremost, try to stop or at least minimize any motion that hurts it. Focus on your other weak points to help take your mind off it while you "neglect" it ha.

Second, I'd try out SNS joint support xt and/or cissus xt. It's helped me work through some patellar tendinitis just this last month as wel as many others around here. The effects seem to be noticeable in just a week if not sooner

Donna

Donna

Awards
Drop weights down...

Each day 3 times per day, cold ice-hot water, minute by minute 5 times