Training for multievents - Fitness Five

Juggernaut72

Awards
Hello.

This Fitness Five is very popular in Sweden over 10 years now. But there is no information in English about the training.
Fitness Five consists of 5 different exercises and every exercise is done as max reps as possible in 100 seconds. Usually
muscles give up before time. Every exercise is based on your bodyweight and so it's (almost) same hard to everybody.
These percentages are for men.

1. Bench Press 100% of your bodyweight
2. Barbell biceps curls (bar must touch chin for rep) 50% of your bodyweight
3. Squat (below parallel) 150% of your bodyweight
4. Pull ups with your bodyweight
5. Dips on parallel bars with your bodyweight

Every exercise is done in very strict form and only rightly done reps are counted.
Like in bench you must lock your elbows in the top, same in dips
and in pull ups your arms must be totally straight in down position.

Winner is who has the most reps with 5 exercises.

For me this seems nice goal to train for, but there is some pretty hard obstacles.
First of all is the squat. Kind of embarrassing, but right now I can't squat 150% of my BW, I weigh 95kg (209lbs) and I squat 130-140kg.
Currently I am doing stronglifts 5x5 to get my squat to that level and not to be a zero guy. There are these guys too in those competitions, but I don't
want to be one of them. Biceps curl is also not very good, but I don't mind that, it's easier to develop, with 45kg I get about 8-10 reps. I guess I bench with my BW approximately 20 reps and pull ups are around 18-20 and dips 35-40 reps.

SO my question after all that is: What is your advice for training for this kind of competition. I myself thought that I would do 2 days of 5x5 or strength training for every Fitness 5 exercise and 2 days of endurance or say long sets exercises. And some little assistant work.
Is it pointless to mix up strength with long sets or..?

All advices are welcome and thanks in advance.

smike

Awards
I've never heard of fitness five but it sounds like a lot of fun.
I am not an expert at this, but i also like stronglifts and i'm sure that it will help you get the numbers up.
You can substitute rows with pullups and shoulder press with dips so that you work all the exercises except curls.
I have no clue how you should train for the 100 seconds.

Juggernaut72

Awards
Hey.Thanks. Right now I have kind of combined form of strength workout. I do the stronglifts 5x5 and I added 2-3x8 sets of dips to workout A and chins to workout B from Rippetoes Starting Strength. So far all lifts have been improving, but I have done it only 4 weeks. I guess there is no cure for 100 seconds. Just thought of 2-3 sets of max reps. Before stronglifts I did German Volume Training and I guess it helped my endurance pretty well. 10 sets with 1 minute rests.