Topic of the Week: Phosphatidic Acid or Arachidonic Acid?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Title sums it up -- you can choose only one which do you pick and why? Which is better in your opinion?
I choose PA and have for the past 6+ months. My reasons for choosing PA over ARA are:

No accompanied joint pain, I have enough of that already (shoulder).
PA does not need to be cycled and does not lose its effectiveness.
It does not increase DOMS.
It is considered the healthier option.
PA is less expensive (Soy Lecithin granules )

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Though I haven't tried ArA, PA will be a staple for me from now on.

Inside of a week I've increased volume, set PRs, gained about 1lb despite being at maintenance, and measured an extra 1/4 on both biceps. Nuff said

Fearn @ 2-2 1/2 tbsp pre & 2 post

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
ARA>SL/PA For strength and muscle gains in my experience but SL/PA>ARA In affordability which really determines whether an individual will buy a product.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that if some of you took all of the time they've been spending trying to look into the minutia of how PA works, how to best dose it, when to time it, what to take or not take with it, etc...

And added that to your time spent exercising and sleeping.

You'd probably have made more of an improvement in your physique than you did by obsessing over PA.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I think that if some of you took all of the time they've been spending trying to look into the minutia of how PA works, how to best dose it, when to time it, what to take or not take with it, etc...

You'd probably have made more of an improvement in your physique than you did by obsessing over PA.
Yip, true. Point taken.

It can be difficult not to get caught up in the "gotta optimize the gainz, brah!!1!" mindset. Even if we are only talking a very tiny percentage, its only natural to want to do by ourselves, and others, the best we can.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I just had a similar post in another thread, good advice

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yip, true. Point taken.

It can be difficult not to get caught up in the "gotta optimize the gainz, brah!!1!" mindset. Even if we are only talking a very tiny percentage, its only natural to want to do by ourselves, and others, the best we can.
I agree with De__eb but some of the best days are when cheap ingredients are found and they work. This has happened multiple times here throughout the years and sometimes its just fun to try and optimize everything. Im a tinkerer at heart...

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I agree with De__eb but some of the best days are when cheap ingredients are found and they work. This has happened multiple times here throughout the years and sometimes its just fun to try and optimize everything. Im a tinkerer at heart...
Well, compare the granules to most other supps we encounter on the forums. The latter generally have well founded and clear dosing protocols; there is something of a vacuum in this regard for the granules.

With PA, or Mediator, the dosing protocol is based largely on the prevalent data. However, as our discussion elsewhere showed, sh!t, maybe the granules have an 'optimal' dosing protocol that differs from PA/Mediator.

As has been alluded to already, we all want the most out of our supps, not just due to cost but because gainz can be such slim pickings.

But yeah, a bit of perspective is a good thing too :)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, compare the granules to most other supps we encounter on the forums. The latter generally have well founded and clear dosing protocols; there is something of a vacuum in this regard for the granules.

With PA, or Mediator, the dosing protocol is based largely on the prevalent data. However, as our discussion elsewhere showed, sh!t, maybe the granules have an 'optimal' dosing protocol that differs from PA/Mediator.

As has been alluded to already, we all want the most out of our supps, not just due to cost but because gainz can be such slim pickings.

But yeah, a bit of perspective is a good thing too :)
I remember all this when the first GDA's were coming out. It is sort of exciting to see something that produces this way and its been sitting there for $6 for years and years and nobody really knew. Its also the reason why I show caution as well.

I also remember a time when the biggest and brightest were saying ARA was junk and won't do anything.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I remember all this when the first GDA's were coming out. It is sort of exciting to see something that produces this way and its been sitting there for $6 for years and years and nobody really knew. Its also the reason why I show caution as well.

I also remember a time when the biggest and brightest were saying ARA was junk and won't do anything.
You must have a good inner censor, dunno if I could restrain myself sometimes if I were to know what you do.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You must have a good inner censor, dunno if I could restrain myself sometimes if I were to know what you do.
Nah, I'm just a raving lunatic behind it all. You didn't know AM was run from prison?

:D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Nah, I'm just a raving lunatic behind it all. You didn't know AM was run from prison? :D
I had to interview with a plexiglass screen between us,
Truth

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Truth
I can see this "just touch the glass"... I need to get a better "feel" for your "forum style"

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Actually speaking of ArA, havnt seen SwolenOne post here for a while, must be focusing his efforts elsewhere...

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually speaking of ArA, havnt seen SwolenOne post here for a while, must be focusing his efforts elsewhere...
Molecular left. They've been on and off a couple times for various reasons.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Molecular left. They've been on and off a couple times for various reasons.
Very good to know, we will all be referencing X-gels for ARA discussions

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very good to know, we will all be referencing X-gels for ARA discussions
Ha..I wouldn't go that far. They've come and gone a couple times and Catherine from Molecular is one of the nicest people I've talked to. Good people.

But I'm sure Steve at SNS won't mind your position. :lol:

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ha..I wouldn't go that far. They've come and gone a couple times and Catherine from Molecular is one of the nicest people I've talked to. Good people. But I'm sure Steve at SNS won't mind your position. :lol:
Not sure who from MN spoke to SuppTalk radio before I did but I know Shawn liked them too

I'll play both fields than ;)

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Truth
You didn't think it was weird when he kept asking you to spin, so he could "get a good look at you"???

roy_jones

Awards
Easily one of the coolest things about a forum like this. So many willing lab rats that if a new study comes out indicating the potential of an ingredient, it gets put to the real-world litmus test quickly.

It's exciting to have only tried one of these two products (PA) because for ArA to compare favorably it must be a lot of fun to run.

cciaffone

Awards
Ok 50 days on then take 50 off if I like the effects?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You didn't think it was weird when he kept asking you to spin, so he could "get a good look at you"???
Put it this way,
By the end of the interview the guards dragged me out, for lewd behaviour

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are missing one of most important keys ;)... diet/eating

Good point, and ofcourse there will allways be those with horrible diet, bad workout routine, no sleep due to gaming whole night and party like mad in weekeds, and expecting huge gains stacking 5-10 supps :D

That will allways be waste of money.

But there is also guys who has pretty good diet, workout routine etc and find it interessting with more info and shear info with others :)

cciaffone

Awards
I saw someone say they couldn't take ARA because of their medical history. What side effects does it have and why would someone not be able to take it?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw someone say they couldn't take ARA because of their medical history. What side effects does it have and why would someone not be able to take it?

Inflammation issues and/or joint issues. ArA works by causing inflammation.

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
If I was to replace gms with lecithin would the omega 3 content in the lecithin be an issue? Can you have the best of both worlds, ara and pa?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I was to replace gms with lecithin would the omega 3 content in the lecithin be an issue? Can you have the best of both worlds, ara and pa?
I am not sure how much omega 3 its in granules but I cant believe its so much. So I mean it would cause any issue

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
I am not sure how much omega 3 its in granules but I cant believe its so much. So I mean it would cause any issue
Thanks man. I will give it a crack :)

cciaffone

Awards
When's the best time to take ARA and with or without a meal?

cciaffone

Awards
Sounds good tomorrow's day one. I shall post updates.

JONimal

JONimal

Awards
  • Established
is it possible to get the PA from sunflower lecithin or is soy the only way with substantial phosphadites? I'm looking into giving it a go but so many lecithin options...

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
You guys taking it on training days only do you take it 50 training days or just 50 days counting the off days?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is it possible to get the PA from sunflower lecithin or is soy the only way with substantial phosphadites? I'm looking into giving it a go but so many lecithin options...
I seem to recall reading that sunflower isn't as high as soy as far as the phosphatides are concerned...plus the studies were done with soy...