Thoughts on X-gels and Arachidonic acid in general?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
so your tryng to say, il take that with preworkout along with ArA and GMS at the same time? my tummy will bloat it before i hit the gym,
Seriously?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6-8 grams is recommended so personally I would add some.
Agreed.. I used hemavol but still added 3 scoops glycergrow. Pumps insane!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I saw bdcc had this.. tempting..

sdunlimited

sdunlimited

Awards
SNS X-Gels 50 Day Cycle Notes & Review

Hi Guys,

Early on in this thread my log from running SNS X-Gels was mentioned and I figured I'd chime in here with a few notes and a link to the detailed review I put together over at SupplementReviews.com

Notes:

At a weight of ~175lbs I took 4 caps per day. Workout days were 4 caps 20-60mins PWO. Off days were usually 4 caps spread throughout but it could've been 2 caps twice or on some occasions, 2 caps all day

Dosing didn't really seem to be very time-specific to me. Once I was 'on X-Gels' that was it - they worked

I didn't over think it at all and feel a need to add any supporting ingredients to help the performance of ArA. I essentially just took it as is (with a few other standard supps thrown in) however, it is a supplement you can really feel and see working

DOMS were present but not horrible. The caveat being, during the 2-3wk period after you stop taking ArA - be careful! The DOMS I experienced during that time were the worst in my life. Very strange and unexplained - not sure if anyone knows any more on this but it was pretty crazy

The all day pump was my favorite. Seriously noticeable in the mirror every time you walk by. My BF% was ~10% but I don't think that makes a huge difference. The best thing was that I really seemed to look bigger and bulkier at 175 than I typically would at 180ish

Endurance was not affected at all. If anything it was improved. I had some killer cardio/HIIT sessions while taking these and really can't say if I was more sore afterwards or not

I really think ArA is as effective as creatine with respect to positive effects you get from it. You can see and feel it working - hard to beat!

Can't wait to run these again!

Review:

http://supplementreviews.com/serious-nutrition-solutions/x-gels#Review28422

Hope this info helps out. I spend more time over at SR but if you have any questions for me don't hesitate to post up here in the thread or PM me.

Cheers~

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Great feedback sdun. X-Gels really are a great product; and that's not just my bias toward SNS talking. ArA is legit.

Profion

Awards
Ill have to give my experience so that people can judge more from the pro´s - con´s

1. Since i live in Denmark the Price of Xfactors Ara was like 50£ for a 100count bottle, thats kinda heavy for some unhealthy oil.
2. Studies have shown no effects of supplementing Ara, Google, "study ara muscle"
3. I experienced dry joints, and some soreness.

Nevertheless, i did not become a giant, nor stronger. In the end, when you quit adding in around 1-2g of ara, you aint getting the pump.. hence buy some more

I would advise people to think alittle, people are throwing Cash in the percuit of becoming what they want... but some times it only requires time, time, food, time. Imo Ara was a Waste, i would rather run a cycle of testosteron for 20£ and gain 15kg on 2months. As for my second choice i would eat more meat then supplementing with ara Again..

just my toughts.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ill have to give my experience so that people can judge more from the pro´s - con´s

1. Since i live in Denmark the Price of Xfactors Ara was like 50£ for a 100count bottle, thats kinda heavy for some unhealthy oil.
2. Studies have shown no effects of supplementing Ara, Google, "study ara muscle"
3. I experienced dry joints, and some soreness.

Nevertheless, i did not become a giant, nor stronger. In the end, when you quit adding in around 1-2g of ara, you aint getting the pump.. hence buy some more

I would advise people to think alittle, people are throwing Cash in the percuit of becoming what they want... but some times it only requires time, time, food, time. Imo Ara was a Waste, i would rather run a cycle of testosteron for 20£ and gain 15kg on 2months. As for my second choice i would eat more meat then supplementing with ara Again..

just my toughts.
Which X-Factor was it? OG or Advanced? They are markedly different products.

Sorry to hear that ArA didn't 'work' the way you intended, however comparing ArA to Test is a little unfair on a natty product. lol.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Google building muscle torn muscle fibers inflamation.

Ara is an omega 6. This increases inflammation.

It isn't going to mean anything without proper rest and food.

sdunlimited

sdunlimited

Awards
It isn't going to mean anything without proper rest and food.
Absolutely agree here. Also, like with anything, it's hard to try and speak in favor or defense of a supplement without first hand experience. If it's too expensive in Norway to give it a shot, I totally understand. I've been on the fence with trying iSatori's Bio-Gro that, to me, kind of falls into the same category price-wise - I hear some good things about it and others say 'It does nothing'. X-Gels/ArA on the other hand, not only has seemingly more people saying positive things about it but it's something you can see and feel working - and I now know this from experience. Who knows, maybe I'll be singing the praises of Bio-Gro at some point in the future as well, but I'm more inclined to speak highly of something that works very well for me.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I thought I read something that ArA can actually act systemically as an anti-inflammatory, which is against everything I thought prior. Is this true?

It may have been from the Baylor study.

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
I thought I read something that ArA can actually act systemically as an anti-inflammatory, which is against everything I thought prior. Is this true?

It may have been from the Baylor study.
If I recall correctly while there was an increase in local muscle inflammation there was an actual decrease in whole body inflamation

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If I recall correctly while there was an increase in local muscle inflammation there was an actual decrease in whole body inflamation
Bingo, that's what I thought I read. Any thoughts on this?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
lol, yes, I'm just curious how it acts as an anti and pro inflammatory, all in the same dosage. :)
ArA breaks down into both pro-inflammatory an anti-inflammatory molecules

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^

Great review!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ArA breaks down into both pro-inflammatory an anti-inflammatory molecules
This is important to remember guys. A lot of unknowns still exist with ArA but as with all things they can travel different pathways, convert to different things etc eliciting responses that we aren't aware of yet...