Thoughts on X-gels and Arachidonic acid in general?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
My guess is it's been around for so long everyone dismisses it and focuses more on what just came out.
It is DEFINITELY worth the money in my eyes. ARA is the single best body recomp/anabolic compound out there, I run it as a bridge between cycles.
Anabeta is a very close second.
You're right, I've never tried it personally so I can't judge it. The profile is ok.

Would rather get x gels

Reactions: mw1
FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're right, I've never tried it personally so I can't judge it. The profile is ok.

Would rather get x gels
Oh you missed what I did there ;)
I made it look like you were talking about X Gels. MUAHAHAHAHA

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So much hype lately surrounding them that I cracked and ordered x-gels, will be running stacked with Prime in a month when I'm trying to slow bulk again.
I've seen mentioned to avoid fish oil pills with them, should I drop them entirely for my run or just space out the doses?
And to be safe I will ask if there is anything else I should avoid stacking with x-gels

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So much hype lately surrounding them that I cracked and ordered x-gels, will be running stacked with Prime in a month when I'm trying to slow bulk again.
I've seen mentioned to avoid fish oil pills with them, should I drop them entirely for my run or just space out the doses?
And to be safe I will ask if there is anything else I should avoid stacking with x-gels
Anything with anti inflammatory effects should be dosed hours apart

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I run a full 200 count bottle of xfa, I have to wait 7 weeks to run another? Being a fatty acid why the need to cycle off? Also is 4 pwo the best dosing method? Is there any advantage to going higher? I'm on day 3 and looking forward to see what this is all about, first cycle I've done.
From what I've seen all the studies done have shown a safety range of 50 days hence, the 50 day cycle. Anything outside of that is not "clinically studied" I do however think Bill MN runs ArA low dosed consistently.

It's an exciting time for ArA as more and more info is popping up really supporting what Bill was saying long ago. There are still quite a few unknowns in regards to ArA as well. Such as ArA showing possible anti inflammatory properties... crazy I know.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what I've seen all the studies done have shown a safety range of 50 days hence, the 50 day cycle. Anything outside of that is not "clinically studied" I do however think Bill MN runs ArA low dosed consistently.

It's an exciting time for ArA as more and more info is popping up really supporting what Bill was saying long ago. There are still quite a few unknowns in regards to ArA as well. Such as ArA showing possible anti inflammatory properties... crazy I know.
Correct, the reason we settled on 50 days was that was the duration used in a safety study at that time. We also more recently have been recommending the lower dose of 250-500mg/day, for longer durations. We do still recommend to cycle off occasionally though even if doing the low dose.

Regarding the bold, its been an amazing year for sure with more brands catching on the best natural anabolic to ever be on the market.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yup, gonna be bumping down to 250mg/day after my 50 day cycle.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Space them out. Will you be logging the xgels ? If so send me a link~~I like to send out shirts:)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Space them out. Will you be logging the xgels ? If so send me a link~~I like to send out shirts:)
I will when I start them up :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think one thing people need to look at with ArA is how effective it is on its own. It is an expensive single ingredient, but based on results it is on par with many comprehensive blends of ingredients. I already miss taking my X-gels pills since I ran out last week. :(

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^ this. Very effective on its own, my first run with it was solo and had great results...and have run it in some pretty large stacks with very similar results...I try to be less stack happy these days...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think one thing people need to look at with ArA is how effective it is on its own. It is an expensive single ingredient, but based on results it is on par with many comprehensive blends of ingredients. I already miss taking my X-gels pills since I ran out last week. :(
This, I always tell people to limit the variables when trying new products. Additionally, it is more always more rewarding (for us and the users) when they get great results and can attribute it only to the X-Factor rather than a $200 stack of products x, y and z.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This, I always tell people to limit the variables when trying new products. Additionally, it is more always more rewarding (for us and the users) when they get great results and can attribute it only to the X-Factor rather than a $200 stack of products x, y and z.
This ;) lol

I think across the board most of the veterans here recommend that principal. To me it's the only way to go when trying out a new routine, diet or supp.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
I have a question regarding ArA uptake..

From Neuron's post on another board:

"In the context of Arachidonic Acid, the final destination should be skeletal muscle. Luckily, there is an energetic state which favors fatty acid delievery to this tissue: Exercise (or acute starvation) [1]. In an exercise-induced environment, LPL on skeletal muscle becomes active which serves as an adjunct to glycolysis for the TCA cycle via beta-oxidation. Similarly, the enzyme DGAT also becomes active in skeletal muscle which functions to store excess fatty acids as triglycerides. Since both of these enzymes are heavily active during exercise, it is clear that an excess of fatty acids are being removed from blood plasma into skeletal muscle as a reservoir (this also serves to decrease insulin insensitivity [2])."

Based on the green highlight, could one get a similar result from dosing ArA after a 16-20 hour fast on non-workout days? just curious because I have less gym access during the summer and with work coming into play I was wondering if this could be beneficial for weeks where I can only manage 2-3 workout days. Good idea, bad idea?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I am definitely running this solo

So what exact effects does everyone get apart from the obvious DOMS and strength wise?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Epic pumps. Good recomp. Fullness.

Younglifter16

Awards
I have a question regarding ArA uptake..

From Neuron's post on another board:

"In the context of Arachidonic Acid, the final destination should be skeletal muscle. Luckily, there is an energetic state which favors fatty acid delievery to this tissue: Exercise (or acute starvation) [1]. In an exercise-induced environment, LPL on skeletal muscle becomes active which serves as an adjunct to glycolysis for the TCA cycle via beta-oxidation. Similarly, the enzyme DGAT also becomes active in skeletal muscle which functions to store excess fatty acids as triglycerides. Since both of these enzymes are heavily active during exercise, it is clear that an excess of fatty acids are being removed from blood plasma into skeletal muscle as a reservoir (this also serves to decrease insulin insensitivity [2])."

Based on the green highlight, could one get a similar result from dosing ArA after a 16-20 hour fast on non-workout days? just curious because I have less gym access during the summer and with work coming into play I was wondering if this could be beneficial for weeks where I can only manage 2-3 workout days. Good idea, bad idea?
yes empty stomach is reccomended on non workout days but you really only need it on workout days. Maybe once your saturated after a week or two you can just take it on workout days. I would just use 6-8 caps on the workout weeks where you can only train 2-3 times, and forget taking it on the rest days.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What a sec, ara needs to be taken on an empty stomach? If so, I just wasted a full bottle this past month.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
What a sec, ara needs to be taken on an empty stomach? If so, I just wasted a full bottle this past month.
Recommended but not necessary I believe. Are you taking it with a preworkout meal? From the maximizing ArA threat (Neuron):

"In a post-prandial, high fed, state, the dominant hormone is insulin. Similarly, the only isoform of LPL that is active with insulin is located on adipocytes. It should be obvious now that consuming fats when eating will direct them to adipose."

Based on my understanding from the thread taking ArA on an empty stomach preworkout will direct it towards skeletal muscle rather than adipose tissue.

rooster1

Awards
Recommended but not necessary I believe. Are you taking it with a preworkout meal? From the maximizing ArA threat (Neuron):

"In a post-prandial, high fed, state, the dominant hormone is insulin. Similarly, the only isoform of LPL that is active with insulin is located on adipocytes. It should be obvious now that consuming fats when eating will direct them to adipose."

Based on my understanding from the thread taking ArA on an empty stomach preworkout will direct it towards skeletal muscle rather than adipose tissue.
I guess I've been wasting it too since I take it with the pre workout shake consisting of protein, carbs and stims.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive done about 50/50 at this point between running cycles per Neurons recommendations and our original spread out w meals recommendation.

I do prefer Neuron's in terms of results, but only slightly, I didnt notice any drastic difference results wise. I do seem less prone to sides such as headaches, joint pain, etc with the new preWO dosing protocol so that alone makes the preWO empty stomach dosing protocol ideal for me.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take it with 10g BCAAs to get through my workout then pound a shake when I'm done.

Also gonna be running a 7 weeks cycle of 2g/day coming mid summer :fawkyeah:

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
So is GMS is a absolute necessary thing to take while on ArA?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't say absolute but I personally will prefer to use them combined.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Effects of ArA. Run LCLT for DOMS.
Sweet thanks!

I use agmatine & citruline and maybe some BA. Pumps would be ferocious I think!

Do people still use creatine while taking ArA?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet thanks!

I use agmatine & citruline and maybe some BA. Pumps would be ferocious I think!

Do people still use creatine while taking ArA?
Yes sir :)

manos215

Awards
Well, ive used x factor advanced the winter for 50 days along with a powerlifting program at the gym.It was perfect! And the most important i kept the gains in strength i think ara really works because you can keep your progress!

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
OK, guys I have just finished my xfactor 50 day cycle, I did it with agmatine and I have to say I had some wicked pumps,

as per eye observation my bf remained more or less the same but I assume I have gained a solid 0.5kg of muscle, as the scale shows about 1.5kg more;

strenght gains were not amazing but apparent not on big lifts this time but on secondary work, strange.

Doms were hectic though and sometimes caused me to skip training altoghether, it is not a supplement for the meek or week :)

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
OK, guys I have just finished my xfactor 50 day cycle, I did it with agmatine and I have to say I had some wicked pumps,

as per eye observation my bf remained more or less the same but I assume I have gained a solid 0.5kg of muscle, as the scale shows about 1.5kg more;

strenght gains were not amazing but apparent not on big lifts this time but on secondary work, strange.

Doms were hectic though and sometimes caused me to skip training altoghether, it is not a supplement for the meek or week :)
Thanks for the feedback! How much were you dosing?

And I think you could have saved the DAA for a more hormonal stack but that's just me

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, ive used x factor advanced the winter for 50 days along with a powerlifting program at the gym.It was perfect! And the most important i kept the gains in strength i think ara really works because you can keep your progress!

Great feedback guys, I always love hearing from people who just discovered X-Factor and are running or have recently finished their first cycle.

If DOMS are a problem, a few supplements I like for killing DOMS are LCLT (such as in Peak Beta+) and PeptoPro (such as in Strive by Omega Sports).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LCLT is only for DOMS? You mean to prevent them?
No not for only DOMS, just between LCLT/ALCAR/PLCAR, LCLT will help with DOMS. Many other benefits you get from LCLT.

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
I ran the recommended dosage, along with lclt and purple wraath, psyko but that was not much help at all bros.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ran the recommended dosage, along with lclt and purple wraath, psyko but that was not much help at all bros.
Yea, some users get the DOMS much worse than others. I dont get them much if I use 250-500mg (which still warrants solid results), but the soreness is certainly more evident for me at 750-1,000mg.

Did your intensify throughout the cycle? I had that happen my first time I ever ran it and the DOMS were quite painful at times, oddly now I get really sore for the first week or two when I run X-Factor and then not as much further into the cycle yet I get all the benefits, so its a win win.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Yea, some users get the DOMS much worse than others. I dont get them much if I use 250-500mg (which still warrants solid results), but the soreness is certainly more evident for me at 750-1,000mg.

Did your intensify throughout the cycle? I had that happen my first time I ever ran it and the DOMS were quite painful at times, oddly now I get really sore for the first week or two when I run X-Factor and then not as much further into the cycle yet I get all the benefits, so its a win win.
I get DOMS very regularly so I am going to assume ArA is going to kill me haha

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
I get DOMS very regularly so I am going to assume ArA is going to kill me haha
This.
I'm a little afraid. (I'm gonna run X factor in a couple of months)

But my desire for gainz overshadows my fear of DOMS. :D

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
no bros do not worry I have doms and cns fatigue normally from workouts.

So do not worry it is not a killer doms as much as recovery from them.

As for intensity I guess ara kinda pushed my limits causing a tad of cns fatigue as well, also wicked thing was

a) I got shin infection from doing box jumps and in the beggining of a cycle had to start taking an antibiotic after I hurt that shin again in an mma sparring;

b) the weather got better and one of the gyms started their ac, now I have what I call ac allergy and immidiatley messed up my sinus.

terrible all around things happening and I am taking nolvadren xt and pr xt see how that will treat me

today was an off day and I had 2 0.5l boxes of haagen daas :)

I wanted to take the soy natural/dietary ice cream but they had more calories weird.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't fear the DOMS from ArA. Running X-Gels at 1.5g pre workout really hasn't increased DOMS that much from what i can tell.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't fear the DOMS from ArA. Running X-Gels at 1.5g pre workout really hasn't increased DOMS that much from what i can tell.
This, they are noticeable but not worth fearing.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What they said, the DOMS arn't worth fearing. You could always start with a lower dose and taper up to assess

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would go no less than 3x/week...maximum effect would come from a more frequent use...I prefer dosing ~500 mg on off days though...but that's more personal preference than anything....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm with schizm on this one; once to twice per week wouldn't be enough to yield much benefit. If you want to "limit" the amount of inflammation, you can dose fish oil as far away from the dose as possible however, youi have to expect some inflammation if you take ArA, however I would suggest aiming for a minimum of 3+ times per week, with the emphasis on more frequent would be more beneficial.

KingCharles

Awards
Hey everybody.

Anyone have a recommendation on dosing older x-gels. I have a what looks like around 120 caps of whats left of it and I feel like finishing them up. I thought I bought the new ones when they were released but apparently I got this lower dosed batch. Much appreciated.