Thoughts on X-gels and Arachidonic acid in general?

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
It is awesome to see arachidonic acid gaining more and more popularity. With this year marking the 10th anniversary of releasing X-Factor it has certainly stood the test of time and has a plethora of scientific validity and positive anecdotal feedback.
I am having a discussion with a couple of friends who state that there isn't any studies om AA conducted on humans showing any improvement in athletic performance.
Is there any?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Reactions: mw1
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What product of LCLT do you guys use?
Never used bulk LCLT, it is in TONS of products (probably one of the biggest bandwagon additions to every formula out there, not that it isn't a solid ingredient) so I usually get it in my pre. 99% of the time that means Genomyx Protocol for me. ;)

And if using ALCAR - is 2g too big of a dose?
That is my preferred ALCAR dose unless I play to use it at multiple times per day.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Compete for me! Several forms of carnitine with lclt as well, tastes amazing.

Mike
Forgot this. I have used Hema+Compete with a run of ArA last year. GVT plus that = insane.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I've got anabeta, forskolin -95, intimidate and may be getting erase pro but have nolvadren xt

I could add x gels... Epic stack!

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
SNS thank you for getting X-gels right this time, IMO ARA is the best supplement out there for imporving body composition. god i wish it was like creatine and i never had to come off of it well that might be a bad example because i dont even take creatine anymore lol

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
SNS thank you for getting X-gels right this time, IMO ARA is the best supplement out there for imporving body composition. god i wish it was like creatine and i never had to come off of it well that might be a bad example because i dont even take creatine anymore lol
Makes me want to buy some!!

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
nutridylan.com/2012/04/24/anabolic-arachidonic-acid-mass-builder-or-massive-waste-of-money-review-4/

But

m.ajpcell.physiology.org/content/early/2012/10/15/ajpcell.00038.2012.abstract?related-urls=yes&legid=ajpcell%3bajpcell.00038.2012v1

Hmmmm, that wasn't much..) Thanks!

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
I have one last question, guys.

How much of an impact does stacking GMS with ArA vs standalone ArA have?
I understand the potential benefits (at a high level) but would the addition of GMS significantly increase the efficacy of ArA?
Are there any people who have run a cycle both ways to notice the difference?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have one last question, guys.

How much of an impact does stacking GMS with ArA vs standalone ArA have?
I understand the potential benefits (at a high level) but would the addition of GMS significantly increase the efficacy of ArA?
Are there any people who have run a cycle both ways to notice the difference?
I have enjoyed pretty much every time I have ran ArA. When I first used it the proposed dosing was 1 cap 4 times a day with meals (sometimes opting for 2 caps pre-workout). While I still found that effective the addition of the GMS + Carnitine seems to quicken the results for me (pumps, vascularity, and DOMS start sooner).

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have enjoyed pretty much every time I have ran ArA. When I first used it the proposed dosing was 1 cap 4 times a day with meals (sometimes opting for 2 caps pre-workout). While I still found that effective the addition of the GMS + Carnitine seems to quicken the results for me (pumps, vascularity, and DOMS start sooner).
Awesome feedback, it seems pretty much everybody (myself included) prefers the Neuron dosing to any other method.

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
I would run it after, if the cardio part is intense like 3k run pumps themselves could be counterproductive.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The bit about endurance taking a dive while using ARA, is that common amongst others or specific in your case?

I ask because I'm currently training to increase my cardio endurance for a few police tests I'm going to be taking and I have my X-Gels and am waiting for my LCLT and glycergrow to arrive. I don't want to run them just yet if they are going to affect my cardio endurance.

Can anyone chime in?
Just don't dose it prior to any physical tests... you're not going to fatigue faster. Get that **** outta your head lol

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Is it just me or is ArA threads popping up everywhere now haha

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
It also depends on how you react to ara in my case I can do cardio but am much more fatigued and would reccomend against it in competition setting othervise it can be good prior get all the benefits and then be leass sore when the compettition is actually going to happen.

But honestly Police tests are usually nothing physicallt taxing so I would not worry too much. I have been a cop in a different country lol by the physical part was a joke imho

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it just me or is ArA threads popping up everywhere now haha
They are, its a nice change!

ArA was far too slept on by the industry as a whole for a full decade. It's great to see great brands like Axis Labs, Universal, SNS and others all getting behind arachidonic acid!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ArA was far too slept on by the industry as a whole for a full decade. It's great to see great brands like Axis Labs, Universal, SNS and others all getting behind arachidonic acid!
Absolutely! Much agreed with you there my man!

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established

Agreed!!

Even though I haven't tried it yet ;)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Universal is, wut where? Serious

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For many years now, Animal Test is a loaded product. Probably the best test booster for mass out there imo.
Srsly? Hmm I need to look at it I've always just kind of dismissed it

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Worth a try man..GMS is a great addition but definitely not a requirement to see some great gains regardless...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Worth a try man..GMS is a great addition but definitely not a requirement to see some great gains regardless...
Its a requirement for me :p gms is just way to awesome IMO.mike

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
If I run a full 200 count bottle of xfa, I have to wait 7 weeks to run another? Being a fatty acid why the need to cycle off? Also is 4 pwo the best dosing method? Is there any advantage to going higher? I'm on day 3 and looking forward to see what this is all about, first cycle I've done.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I run a full 200 count bottle of xfa, I have to wait 7 weeks to run another? Being a fatty acid why the need to cycle off? Also is 4 pwo the best dosing method? Is there any advantage to going higher? I'm on day 3 and looking forward to see what this is all about, first cycle I've done.
4 preWO is the best dosing protocol.

Essentially, the reason why you will see such great results is that going into the cycle your muscles have depleted amounts of arachidonic acid, from your training. Once you have used roughly 50 days worth of usage, most users report their gains continue weeks after their cycle has ended as their muscles are well saturated with arachidonic acid.

There is certainly a point of diminished returns with X-Factor/arachidonic acid regarding both cycle length and dosing.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People usually dose pre-workout 1-2 grams (4-8 caps). For your first run 4 caps will be good.

Run for 50 days followed by a 50 day break.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Stacking it with anabeta would be interesting

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
I picked up 3 bottles of prime which I've never tried before so I'm stacking it with that.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
You guys are making me salivate.....sounds like some awesome additions to an ARA run...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I picked up 3 bottles of prime which I've never tried before so I'm stacking it with that.
Have you never ran ArA either? If not, I wouldn't stack both at the same time until you have ran them separately to get a feel for each supplement and how they work for you.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
I don't care which does what honestly, I feel theyll be synergistic

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just want results.
Everyone is different, but I like to run products solo first. I don't really want to spend money on supplements and not even know if they are working or not when stacking with another product.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
Time is more valuable than money. If one or the other is working, or they're working better together, I'm after results.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Time is more valuable than money. If one or the other is working, or they're working better together, I'm after results.

I think his point was that youll get the best idea of results purely related to eavh individual product by running them seperately (and figuring out what works best for you). This is done by minimizing the variables.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I get that but, I'd rather just run them both and see what the results are. To each their own.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
No I understand the thesis, I'm just doing what I prefer.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My guess would be, chronic inflammation is a no good.

Mike

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really worth the money IMO

Overlooked for that reason I suppose
My guess is it's been around for so long everyone dismisses it and focuses more on what just came out.
It is DEFINITELY worth the money in my eyes. ARA is the single best body recomp/anabolic compound out there, I run it as a bridge between cycles.
Anabeta is a very close second.