The PR Thread

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good job. You ever pull without those shoes?
Thanks man. I think I'm going to start wearing my chucks to the gym. I have always been in the habit of wearing tennis shoes, but I'm not really doing any cardio right now so there's no need. If you see at the end of the video my right heel comes up a bit and I think it's because of the shoes.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I'm seeing alot of great numbers goin on in here... Tits guys!

On Monday on bench I did 335 for 10 last 4 where paused, then did 2 sets of 245 1 for 20 second for 17.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got 195x6 on deads today! Haven't been doing conventional deadlifts long so I was pretty excited!! :)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PRs last week:
Bench 205x10

DL 340x7

New DL rep PR today: 320x10

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Hit 275 for a single today on bench. Had 1 or 2 left in the tank

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just broke 315 on squats last week, and this week I got it for 3 reps. New rep PR.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy crap this thread moves fast! Lost of great lifting going on up in this mutha

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Lol... Dude I just squated 405 for 6 then 8 then did 275 for 20 reps! Winded as **** but feel like a can keep goin...

Other than my TRT only thing I'm taking is legal products over the counters. No pro hormones

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol... Dude I just squated 405 for 6 then 8 then did 275 for 20 reps! Winded as **** but feel like a can keep goin...

Other than my TRT only thing I'm taking is legal products over the counters. No pro hormones
That's awesome. Great work on some serious liftin'!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol... Dude I just squated 405 for 6 then 8 then did 275 for 20 reps! Winded as **** but feel like a can keep goin... Other than my TRT only thing I'm taking is legal products over the counters. No pro hormones
Killer numbers man!!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Fork, man. I would have died. You're reppin the shyt out of these big ass weights.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Lol... It's the cardio man! Mine sucks

I had to get out 4 reps and stand there and take a breath or 2 and do another one and so on and so on... Took a long time on the second set of 8!. The 275 was pretty fast till like 15 reps, I did 10 non stop then took a breath or 2 then did 5... After 15 I kinda hit a wall! The last 5 where hard, very hard. Like the kinda hard that you don't want to do kind.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Next time I feel good on legs day I will try to get some vids

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol... It's the cardio man! Mine sucks

I had to get out 4 reps and stand there and take a breath or 2 and do another one and so on and so on... Took a long time on the second set of 8!. The 275 was pretty fast till like 15 reps, I did 10 non stop then took a breath or 2 then did 5... After 15 I kinda hit a wall! The last 5 where hard, very hard. Like the kinda hard that you don't want to do kind.
Oh, I'm right there with you. I love my doubles and triples. Anything over five has the potential to kill me.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome idea Rodja!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pendlay Rows:

225 x 6 PR

Then beat it...

235 x 5 PR
Nothing like breaking a PR with a PR right away! Killer stuff man.

smike

Awards
I was getting ready to write that i got 300 on deads today but then i got the calculator and found out that it was only 297,62 pounds (135kg) for 5 reps.
Also i got 100 kg for 5x5 on squats (220,46 pounds).

During the holidays i plan on testing 1RM. What should i estimate for squats and deads and also what percentages of the estimated max should i use on the preceding sets? As you can tell i've never done this properly before.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still awesome!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got 205 for 2 on my deadlifts today!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am 170 lbs and I set a PR on my bench. 275 lbs! slow, but definitely steady progress!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was getting ready to write that i got 300 on deads today but then i got the calculator and found out that it was only 297,62 pounds (135kg) for 5 reps.
Also i got 100 kg for 5x5 on squats (220,46 pounds).

During the holidays i plan on testing 1RM. What should i estimate for squats and deads and also what percentages of the estimated max should i use on the preceding sets? As you can tell i've never done this properly before.
Nice! Keep it up!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am 170 lbs and I set a PR on my bench. 275 lbs! slow, but definitely steady progress!
That's awesome. I broke 275 at 192 lbs. You're definitely ahead of the curve.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks mountainman!

Any tips for the 1 RM?
I don't think I'm really qualified to be coaching anyone. But I do know that sometimes just a few small tweaks to technique can help improve just about any lift at least a little.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was getting ready to write that i got 300 on deads today but then i got the calculator and found out that it was only 297,62 pounds (135kg) for 5 reps. Also i got 100 kg for 5x5 on squats (220,46 pounds). During the holidays i plan on testing 1RM. What should i estimate for squats and deads and also what percentages of the estimated max should i use on the preceding sets? As you can tell i've never done this properly before.
Weight Lifted x Reps x .0333 + Weight Lifted (again) = Estimated 1RM.

The more reps you calculate into it, the greater (and less accurate) the 1RM estimate will be. It's fairly close with 2-3 reps.

Is that what you meant for estimating squats and deadlifts?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wouldn't it be easier to just do it rather than figure out math? Maybe I am too old school.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wouldn't it be easier to just do it rather than figure out math? Maybe I am too old school.
Agreed. I didn't know why he was asking on estimation but that's it. Me personally, in training and peaking for a meet, I know where my max attempt should be so I can make the appropriate load changes leading up to it. Maybe because he has never done it before, he doesn't know where to start? Having a round about ballpark estimate may help give him an idea, instead of just slapping on 10's each set.

smike

Awards
Thats exactly why i asked. Especially for squats that my max is 5x5.
I don't want to get tired waisting energy with attempts that i don't really need. If that makes any sense.
Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it went.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Had a meet today. Fiiiiiiinaly broke 400 on my squat. My previous best was 369 and hit 402 today.

Matched my bench PR but fell 23lbs shy of a PR with my deadlift .

Still got an 11lbs PR on my total with that big improvement on the squat.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a meet today. Fiiiiiiinaly broke 400 on my squat. My previous best was 369 and hit 402 today. Matched my bench PR but fell 23lbs shy of a PR with my deadlift . Still got an 11lbs PR on my total with that big improvement on the squat.
Good work asooneyeonig

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
The after math of a competition bench PR
Death
Videos to come

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Lol that's me bud after my bench today
It caught my attention in feed so had no idea lol. I mean if I maxed bench 1000lbs once with perfect form in competition at 180lbs, I guess I wouldn't mind my head rolling on the floor after lol.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
It caught my attention in feed so had no idea lol. I mean if I maxed bench 1000lbs once with perfect form in competition at 180lbs, I guess I wouldn't mind my head rolling on the floor after lol.
Haha been a long ass day
Super happy bench didn't go to plan at all but i fought a mean war for that 480 so I will take the 10lbs PR and the journey for 500 continues
10lbs closer

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What was your bench? Reading on phone and text is off. Sorry.