the napalm detroit barbell experience...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Solid session man. Deads and rows always for the win. Is this a 5/3/1 setup with joker sets?
Thanks, I do a 351, it's one of wendlers variations. I just tossed some singles on at the end to test the Achilles. I've always done pendlay's for assistance, and judging by how my traps feel, the snatch grips are going to stay too.

Im impressed with the weight u are moving with your injury. hows it been feeling?
Txs bro keeping it stretched is going to be the key. It still pulls some times but that's scar tissue that I have to break up...

napalm

napalm

Awards
They should paint it. Looks infimidating
Go beat yourself about the head and shoulders w a blunt object.

To the left of that dude are the 3 benches, to the right is a platform w band attachments and there's another platform against the far wall under the board. It's pretty small.

My goal is to somehow get on the board...

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice! That is a nice size place too. I'm happy for you brother.

smoker145

Good lord I'm joking boys.... Can't believe everyone took me for serious Susan

napalm

napalm

Awards
Ugh, pendlay's and snatch grips = upper back annihilation.

I'm hoping I don't have to poop this morning, I don't think I could reach around to wipe.

Carry on...

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ugh, pendlay's and snatch grips = upper back annihilation.

I'm hoping I don't have to poop this morning, I don't think I could reach around to wipe.

Carry on...
Better not drink any coffee..

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Makes you wish you had one if those French spray things...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Makes you wish you had one if those French spray things...
Man, if you've never used a bidet, you're missing out, for real (no homo). It's a shower dedicated to your ass. Pretty sweet deal.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just use flushable moist wipes. It's like a unicorn licking your butt clean. No way I'm going to use government ordered single ply after having a mystical creature wipe your ass.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Yeah, I don't think I'd be comfortable (said in my wife's accent: comFORTable) w ANYTHING squirting in that general area...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Squats

Warmup
Stretch, mash, roll

Bar 5x10

95x5x5

135x5x5

185x3x3

That was it, then rolled and mashed some more.

Thoughts (other than I feel like the new kid in gym class)

Well, it's over, and I was nervous. Got through it w/o any issues other than I'm weak as fck. Kept the Achilles stretched before and after each set. Had no intention going any heavier, I'll prolly back off to sets of 135 for a couple weeks. It was a balmy 45 in db today.

Oh yeah, used a buffalo bar for the first time...

smoker145

So many things I could teach you to say to break the ice... Pm me if you want help

smoker145

I just use flushable moist wipes. It's like a unicorn licking your butt clean. No way I'm going to use government ordered single ply after having a mystical creature wipe your ass.
Flushable moist wipes still clog pipes. " flush able"... Lol if you guys only knew

napalm

napalm

Awards
So many things I could teach you to say to break the ice... Pm me if you want help
I'm good, thanks.

Thoughts on the buffalo bar?
Tbh, I only had 185 on it, didn't feel much different than a straight bar.

I'm going to attempt to rebuild my squat from the ground up. Kept a narrowish stance and dropped pretty fast to get some bounce. Polar opposite of how I've always squatted. Don't foresee getting into the suit until I'm repping 315 again...

smoker145

So how often can you drive all these hours away to train napalm?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Squats

Warmup
Stretch, mash, roll

Bar 5x10

95x5x5

135x5x5

185x3x3

That was it, then rolled and mashed some more.

Thoughts (other than I feel like the new kid in gym class)

Well, it's over, and I was nervous. Got through it w/o any issues other than I'm weak as fck. Kept the Achilles stretched before and after each set. Had no intention going any heavier, I'll prolly back off to sets of 135 for a couple weeks. It was a balmy 45 in db today.

Oh yeah, used a buffalo bar for the first time...
Squats are the main thing bro. Gym looks badass, but no way I could get loose and train in 45 degrees

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bitches, why was I not privy to this log's existence?

napalm

napalm

Awards
Bitches, why was I not privy to this log's existence?
Always late to the party.

I posted a link in my worlds thread!

Bonus: went into work today and there was an inch of water in our offices = day off!

Plans are work on my hammy's and quads w the stick, then take apart the snowblower. It's gonna be 20 today so maybe I'll do it outside w shorts and no shirt...

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bonus: went into work today and there was an inch of water in our offices = day off!

Plans are work on my hammy's and quads w the stick, then take apart the snowblower. It's gonna be 20 today so maybe I'll do it outside w shorts and no shirt...
Dude, nice. Sadly no such luck in my part of the woods

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went from 6 to midnight seeing the Detroit BB facility. Place is awesome.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Woo Hoo! Our offices still aren't dry so another day off!

My whole fcking body is still sore, bench later today. Big clay will be there, hope I don't embarrass myself...

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thats been my passed 3 days right there going from place to place repairing busted pipe I've only been a fitter 6 years now and I'm amazed what ice can do

napalm

napalm

Awards
bench

tbh, after warming up i just did what i was told, more on that later

work
185x2x3
205x2x3
225x3
245x3 2 board
265x2 2 board
295x1 2 board

assistance
vbar pushdowns 60x5x10 SS w facepulls 60x5x10 - different machine, way less than what i was doing at the old gym

thoughts:

holy fck, that's all i can say after today. apparently i was training w 2 world champions today, tim hensly (sp?), benches 760 at 198 - i got a vid of him today 660x2 to a 1 board. the 148 lb filipino kid is apparently a fcking freak of nature: totals >1800 at 148. i got a vid of him pressing 445, the kid squats 800 and pulls 600. they squat sunday and i'm gonna go check them out and do some assistance work. my fcking god. there was another dude pressing 580 to a 1 board for 3. just incredible. the guys couldn't have been nicer, i was just trying to stay out of the way - for obv reasons they're picky who hands off and spots them.

after i did the 225x3, the dude, i forget his name, just told me what to load. i was like...ok, and just did it. i told him i've never pressed to a board before and he said 'don't worry about it.' only a fool wouldn't listen to a >600 lb bencher. when the big boys were getting up there, everyone int he gym stopped what they were doing to watch. it was really cool.

tried to get into the shirt today but couldn't, i'm going to cut about 3/8 inch off the sleeves. my wife knows a guy who is a tailor, he'll have the heavy duty thread and the machine to do it. i knew i was gonna have to get it altered. now for the funny part: as soon as i took my shirt out of my bag i literally got heckled by jj and a couple other guys. come to find out there's not a metal shirt in the gym: the filipino kid is sponsored by overkill shirts, and clay said there's about 4 guys sponsored by inzer.

i think i got 20 lbs stronger just walking in that place.

vids in a minute, i don't have any of me today. new guy doesn't ask people to vid him...

napalm

napalm

Awards
mark, 445 @148

[video=youtube;aTk-tVPhSds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTk-tVPhSds[/video]

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bench

tbh, after warming up i just did what i was told, more on that later

work
185x2x3
205x2x3
225x3
245x3 2 board
265x2 2 board
295x1 2 board

assistance
vbar pushdowns 60x5x10 SS w facepulls 60x5x10 - different machine, way less than what i was doing at the old gym

thoughts:

holy fck, that's all i can say after today. apparently i was training w 2 world champions today, tim hensly (sp?), benches 760 at 198 - i got a vid of him today 660x2 to a 1 board. the 148 lb filipino kid is apparently a fcking freak of nature: totals >1800 at 148. i got a vid of him pressing 445, the kid squats 800 and pulls 600. they squat sunday and i'm gonna go check them out and do some assistance work. my fcking god. there was another dude pressing 580 to a 1 board for 3. just incredible. the guys couldn't have been nicer, i was just trying to stay out of the way - for obv reasons they're picky who hands off and spots them.

after i did the 225x3, the dude, i forget his name, just told me what to load. i was like...ok, and just did it. i told him i've never pressed to a board before and he said 'don't worry about it.' only a fool wouldn't listen to a >600 lb bencher. when the big boys were getting up there, everyone int he gym stopped what they were doing to watch. it was really cool.

tried to get into the shirt today but couldn't, i'm going to cut about 3/8 inch off the sleeves. my wife knows a guy who is a tailor, he'll have the heavy duty thread and the machine to do it. i knew i was gonna have to get it altered. now for the funny part: as soon as i took my shirt out of my bag i literally got heckled by jj and a couple other guys. come to find out there's not a metal shirt in the gym: the filipino kid is sponsored by overkill shirts, and clay said there's about 4 guys sponsored by inzer.

i think i got 20 lbs stronger just walking in that place.

vids in a minute, i don't have any of me today. new guy doesn't ask people to vid him...
How awesome is that. So fûckin jealous.

napalm

napalm

Awards
tim, 660x2 to a 1 board (bar is 50 lbs)
[video=youtube;Qx0OuCMUVBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx0OuCMUVBY[/video]

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I popped a blood vessel in my eye watching the Filipino kid. What a kick ass grind.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Awesome man! What did you think of the 2-Board?
sean, everything was happening pretty fast, there was no screwing around: be ready when it's your turn.

i was a little timid with them today. i got them all up easy, but i was searching for the board. next time i know how much the board is gonna go down, and just wait for the press command. everyone gets one, every rep.

it was wild: when the weight got >500, big clay came over and was coaching everyone up and doing the hand offs. it was awesome to watch these guys work.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's pretty sweet, man. I know you're holding off on suiting up for squats, but what about deadlift?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Somebody's gonna be moving big weight in short order. Hurry up and make that Great Pumpkin shirt fit!

napalm

napalm

Awards
Somebody's gonna be moving big weight in short order. Hurry up and make that Great Pumpkin shirt fit!
yeah, i def have to eat more. meh, i'll get it altered and it will be fine.

That's pretty sweet, man. I know you're holding off on suiting up for squats, but what about deadlift?
maybe in a month or so. i need to do some mediumish raw work for a while to bring the achilles back up to speed.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
O yea u know the time? I'll seriously consider it, would be a cool learning experience just to see it done in real life not YouTube