Test E with SD kicker SUPERDARKSIDE TIME!!!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
There's no point in running an AI if you are running SD, the SD will dry you out.

Good luck on your cycle too bro :)
Not quite man, SD doesn't aromatise but its doesn't prevent your test from aromatising. It doesn't do anything to the aromatase enzyme like aromatase inhibitors do.

RL92

Awards
Not quite man, SD doesn't aromatise but its doesn't prevent your test from aromatising. It doesn't do anything to the aromatase enzyme like aromatase inhibitors do.

What about those unlucky ones who are prone to Gyno? ?
Exactly why I'm running my AI from the beginning, keep estrogen under control. Also, I don't know if I'm gyno prone. This will be my first cycle. I had ran Helladrol (PH) in the past with no AI, I know it doesn't aromatize, but I was fine.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Ah I see about the AIs, had no problems while running SD though.

Bad news, I got my shoulder checked out by the doctor today and I have a minor tear on my subscapularis(part of the rotator cuff). He said that I shouldn't lift at least until my physical therapy evaluation which is on the 28th, and there is probably a good chance they will recommend not lifting. I do plan on doing some EXTREMELY light weights with my wife, she has a small barbell and dumbbells at home but they don't go very high at all, but I thought it would be good for doing something since I'm not really supposed to be lifting and that will ensure that I don't go heavy at all. Good news was BP was at 133/81 which is pretty decent, over 130 is high normal for systolic but it's not a big deal and happens to people just from stress a lot.

This leads up to me making a decision about this cycle, I won't be able to put forth 100% and I don't want to waste test. So I have two options that I've been thinking of and I'd like some opinions on them. First option would be to stop the test completely, PCT, and save it all for a later time. Second I was thinking was start cruising at 250 per week to help me keep what gains I've gotten, then when I'm finished with my physical therapy and feel like I'm ready to lift again I can bump it up. I just really hate the idea of possibly losing all or most of the gains I've gotten, though I do think that if I keep my diet clean and at maintenance I should be able to retain a good deal of what I've gained. Not sure how long I'll be doing physical therapy for yet either btw.

If anyone else has been through a similar situation(especially while on cycle) I would really appreciate any feedback you can give me about how it went for you.

Also I hate the idea of stopping a cycle partway through and I've never had to before, it sucks pretty bad but the doctor said if I'm not careful it could become a major tear.

mmorton

mmorton

Awards
I'm sure you want to hear the cruise answer. I would. Probably would help with recovery/therapy too. I'm definitely not qualified to give the answer but PCT shutdown sucks lol

mmorton

mmorton

Awards
Shoulder stuff is no joke. Praying for a speedy recovery for you bro. Hopefully it doesn't require surgery either.

jiggero

jiggero

Awards
  • Established
Shoulder stuff is no joke. Praying for a speedy recovery for you bro. Hopefully it doesn't require surgery either.
My doctor was telling me shoulder surgery has a 50/50 chance of working. :(

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Stop the cycle, pct, recover and then start a new cycle when your all healed. I had a partial thickness year of the supraspinatus, didn't heed my doctors advice, kept working out and ended up with shoulder surgery and almost 5 months out of the gym.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Stop the cycle, pct, recover and then start a new cycle when your all healed. I had a partial thickness year of the supraspinatus, didn't heed my doctors advice, kept working out and ended up with shoulder surgery and almost 5 months out of the gym.
Crap man what happened to you is exactly what I'm trying to avoid, glad you are back at it now though.

The more I think about it stopping the cycle and healing up is the only option that really makes total sense as far as recovery. Thanks for the advice man, I'll start my PCT in 10 days then. Still a great cycle for only a month wish I could've stayed on long enough to really see how the test alone was but I WILL BE BACK.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Crap man what happened to you is exactly what I'm trying to avoid, glad you are back at it now though.

The more I think about it stopping the cycle and healing up is the only option that really makes total sense as far as recovery. Thanks for the advice man, I'll start my PCT in 10 days then. Still a great cycle for only a month wish I could've stayed on long enough to really see how the test alone was but I WILL BE BACK.
Yeah man it wasn't good at all. Still weaker in that shoulder by a fair bit and nowhere near as flexible.
You've definitely chosen the right course I mean there's always the next cycle right ;)

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man it wasn't good at all. Still weaker in that shoulder by a fair bit and nowhere near as flexible.
You've definitely chosen the right course I mean there's always the next cycle right ;)
Hey Luke...i saw somewhere that you just started a cycle. Are you logging it anywhere?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hey Luke...i saw somewhere that you just started a cycle. Are you logging it anywhere?
Yeah man the threads up In cycle info under test tren and winny. Cycle starts on Saturday so that's when it should start getting good.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Yep always a next cycle. For now the focus will be cardio and eating healthy, hopefully at least shave off some fat while I'm going through this.

murk01

murk01

Awards
that sux. hope u get better. quick. i messed my hand up , had surgery , was out the gym for over 2months.
got back into it a week ago. and already starting to feel strong... but its almost like starting all over

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
that sux. hope u get better. quick. i messed my hand up , had surgery , was out the gym for over 2months.
got back into it a week ago. and already starting to feel strong... but its almost like starting all over
Yeah I'm a little scared of feeling like that, like I'm starting over. I've been reading that sometimes for minor tears physical therapy can be as short as 6 weeks so I'm hoping for the best. More than time though I'm just hoping my left shoulder will come out of this stronger, so sick of dealing with on and off pain.

jiggero

jiggero

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm a little scared of feeling like that, like I'm starting over. I've been reading that sometimes for minor tears physical therapy can be as short as 6 weeks so I'm hoping for the best. More than time though I'm just hoping my left shoulder will come out of this stronger, so sick of dealing with on and off pain.
Yea but IMO and experience the shoulder is never quite the same again.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Yea but IMO and experience the shoulder is never quite the same again.
My pain has been on and off for about 2 years, sometimes months at a time with no pain at all. I've heard that after surgery it's never the same again, but I'm pretty confident that I can recover from this without problems. However I'd be happy with it as long as it gets better because right now I get pain randomly when I'm not even working out or when I'm trying to sleep and that's what really sucks.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Well I've decided I need to do something as far as working out so I'm going to start doing cardio and whatever calisthenics I can do without hurting my shoulder(so mostly legs and abs) 5 days a week. I'll be eating at maintenance, around 3300 cals, at first and if I don't lean up then I'll adjust but this way I can lean out while I'm off from lifting.

xFireBullx

Awards
Hope you have a quick recovery man! Injuries fken suck!!!

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Hope you have a quick recovery man! Injuries fken suck!!!
Thanks a lot man. I'm starting to see this as a good thing, give me time to really improve my diet and cardio. Just a minor setback gonna come back from this better than ever!

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
PCT begins today. I've been eating at maintenance and doing cardio and calisthenics, I'm down to 185 already but seem to be holding there at least for the last few days. Looking a lot leaner I think I was bloated on even though I didn't think I was before. Here is my plan for PCT, a little simpler since cycle ended up so short:

DAA 3g ED 6 weeks
Nolva 20/20/10/10
Arimidex 0/0/1/1/1/1

I will still post end of PCT pics and stats on here if anyone is still interested or would be interested in what to expect if something like this were to happen.

xFireBullx

Awards
always interested bro! that is why im on these boards.. experiment, research and learn

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
I had a problem nearly 3 years ago. Had a tear on something in my shoulder forgot what. But the pain comes and goes. Some days I can't bench and somedays I can. Since that injury everyday I work/ stretch my shoulder before EVERYTHING! Been a bit better and honestly helped my bench technique. Lol
I hope you have a speedy recovery bro.

Live through my log now >.<

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I had a problem nearly 3 years ago. Had a tear on something in my shoulder forgot what. But the pain comes and goes. Some days I can't bench and somedays I can. Since that injury everyday I work/ stretch my shoulder before EVERYTHING! Been a bit better and honestly helped my bench technique. Lol
I hope you have a speedy recovery bro.

Live through my log now >.<
I had actually recently gotten my bench technique a lot better but I think my shoulder was already damaged too much at that point for it to be enough to stop the injury.

I'm living through several logs now, including yours lol!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
If benching hurts your shoulder man look into powerlifting style bench. Shoulder blades pinned back, pronounced arch in your back and elbows in, this takes a lot of the emphasis off your shoulder and elbow joints.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
If benching hurts your shoulder man look into powerlifting style bench. Shoulder blades pinned back, pronounced arch in your back and elbows in, this takes a lot of the emphasis off your shoulder and elbow joints.
This is how I started benching a couple months ago, also if done right your elbows usually only go down to about 90, maybe a little lower. My pain is actually when doing flys mostly though because I tore a part of the rotator cuff that's toward the back. At first only felt in DB flys and then after awhile started to get pain in rear delt fly and also lateral raises.

xFireBullx

Awards
this is how i bench now due to shoulder injury as well. Helps so much more. I tried benching the normal way and I can now, but I feel the pain

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
So I had my phys therapy eval and it went well, the doctor said it doesn't seem like my shoulder is injured too bad, usually he gets people coming in that can't even move their arm anymore. Luckily I still have full ROM I just have pain and stiffness a lot of the time, so that's a relief that it's not too bad. He said I'll do 3 weeks of once a week phys therapy sessions and then on the 4th week I'll have a follow up appointment to check my progress. He gave me some stretched and resistance band exercises to do at home 3x a day. I would list the stretches/exercises but they are pretty hard to describe. The only familiar resistance band exercises were internal and external rotations.

TLDR: Phys therapy shouldn't be too long, hopefully only a month things are going good!

Also weight still at 185 :) Haven't been sticking to cardio going to hit some up tomorrow.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
YouTube and link ^^ ill do them with you.
Don't know if I wanna do the YouTube thing but I can PM you the packet thing he gave me, which has pictures and I can describe them in a little more detail for you. Might take me a couple days to get to it but I'll definitely help you out.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Alright so PCT is going fairly well, I'm a good deal leaner, down to 180 fasted the past few days. Still not too bad that's 7lbs kept and I haven't been working out. I think I've retained most of my muscle mass, just lost fat and whatever bloat I had. Taking just Nolva and DAA right now, sex drive was never gone and it's still going strong so that's good. I'll start Arimidex at on friday. Haven't been doing as much cardio as I'd planned, but some, hard to feel motivated lately. Good news is I have another eval in 2 weeks and I think I might be good my shoulder is getting better much faster than I ever thought it would. It's crazy the difference resting with these stretching and band exercises makes vs just resting without any of that. I still have some very light pain in my shoulder but it's not close to what it was before. High hopes to be back in the gym by next month.

thyrod: I'm gonna send you that packet soon man I totally spaced on it, sorry it's taken me a little bit if my scanner at work wasn't broken I'd had done it already but I'm probably gonna try to take pics of it with my phone or something(ghetto scanner) lol.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Alright so PCT is going fairly well, I'm a good deal leaner, down to 180 fasted the past few days. Still not too bad that's 7lbs kept and I haven't been working out. I think I've retained most of my muscle mass, just lost fat and whatever bloat I had. Taking just Nolva and DAA right now, sex drive was never gone and it's still going strong so that's good. I'll start Arimidex at on friday. Haven't been doing as much cardio as I'd planned, but some, hard to feel motivated lately. Good news is I have another eval in 2 weeks and I think I might be good my shoulder is getting better much faster than I ever thought it would. It's crazy the difference resting with these stretching and band exercises makes vs just resting without any of that. I still have some very light pain in my shoulder but it's not close to what it was before. High hopes to be back in the gym by next month.

thyrod: I'm gonna send you that packet soon man I totally spaced on it, sorry it's taken me a little bit if my scanner at work wasn't broken I'd had done it already but I'm probably gonna try to take pics of it with my phone or something(ghetto scanner) lol.
Keep at it man. That sucks you can't lift! But ey 7lbs is still damn good considering what's going on!
No problem take your time.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Next couple weeks probably little to no updates from me. I'll be working 7pm to 7am so I won't have any time really. After that I'll be stopping Nolva then just 2 weeks Arimidex and PCT is done! I am worried some about how my eating will go during these two weeks but I'm gonna try my best to keep it fairly healthy and eat enough.

Thyrod empty some messages so I can send you that info I put it all together for you today :)

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Next couple weeks probably little to no updates from me. I'll be working 7pm to 7am so I won't have any time really. After that I'll be stopping Nolva then just 2 weeks Arimidex and PCT is done! I am worried some about how my eating will go during these two weeks but I'm gonna try my best to keep it fairly healthy and eat enough.

Thyrod empty some messages so I can send you that info I put it all together for you today :)
Hey man my bad. All clear now.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards

Man I know how you feel, I work 7 12 hour night shifts a month, they're not fun.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Man I know how you feel, I work 7 12 hour night shifts a month, they're not fun.
Yeah at least I'm not going to the gym right now, being on 12s and then working out you're lucky to get 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night, so I guess that's one upside to being injured lol.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Yeah at least I'm not going to the gym right now, being on 12s and then working out you're lucky to get 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night, so I guess that's one upside to being injured lol.
Haha always think of the positives! I get up at 3pm, train till 430 eat, leave for work at 530pm get home from work at 7am, bed then repeat. It's rough but it has to be done lol.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Alright so week one of my long shifts is over, been eating like crap but going to fix that this week just cooked up a crap ton of chicken breast. I have really leaned out, I'm actually happy with the way I'm looking right now and am thinking I need to get super shredded for once so that may be my new goal when I'm hittin' the gym again. My shoulder is better but the pain still keeps popping up a couple times a day but not like it was. Hopefully be better in a couple weeks, but won't sweat it if I need more time. Not sure what I weigh, but if I had to guess I would say I'm probably around what I started at, will try to get a fasted weight soon. Here is a mid-PCT pic:

20130617_midpct.png

Keep in mind this is also after a week of eating like garbage, so I think once I clean up my diet maybe I'll look a little leaner than this even...

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Looking solid bro! Congrats I'm like you, I've never gotten shredded. But I'd rather lift heavy then be shredded. So I'm not a fan of seeing weight go down.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Looking solid bro! Congrats I'm like you, I've never gotten shredded. But I'd rather lift heavy then be shredded. So I'm not a fan of seeing weight go down.
I hate seeing weight go down too which is why I think this time I shouldn't weigh myself as much while I'm cuttin up because I always scare myself out of getting shredded when I see my weight dropping

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Weighed myself this morning fasted and surprisingly I'm at 178lbs, about the same as the last time I weighed myself about 2 weeks ago. Was expecting to have lost more weight, idk why just felt like I did. I'm happy with the way I'm looking right now, I feel like even though I had to cut it short I still got a decent increase in lean mass. Also I think I have lost more fat and bloat in dropping down from 190 than muscle for sure, so that's good. I have been eating much cleaner this week as well, chicken breasts w/bbq sauce and brown rice FTW.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Alright so PCT is over, I actually ended it about a week ago because I was getting pretty bad dry joints from the Arimidex and lowering the dose from 1mg ed all the way to .5 eod didn't relieve it. Im good now though, no estro signs have popped up so far so I'm not worried. Here is my last progress pic, I'm at 174 so back to my beginning cycle weight.

20130702_afterpost.png

BUT I'm not upset at all, looking back at my beginning pictures I think I have a decent amount more lean mass than the 173 I was sitting at precycle.

Also in good news my shoulder is pretty much all healed up and I'm gonna hit the gym again this coming monday, very light weight starting but still very excited to get back in it. As for future plans I've got some D-Pol Powder on it's way in the mail right now and I'm going to run that by itself to see how I like it for an off cycle booster. Late this year or early next year, not sure which yet but probably sooner knowing me lol, I'm going to run a Dbol/Test cycle, still at 500 e/w for the test since I didn't really get a chance to see how I react to that and I'd like to figure out eventually what the least amount of test I can run for the best results is so I need to know for sure how I react to 500.

From now on my workouts are going to be based more on Weider principles and FST-7 rather than heavy weight, and I'm optimistic about that. Despite the injury and the time out of the gym, I still think this cycle was good and a great learning experience.