Tansformation Log

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I took need2slin for the first time this morning two caps. Not sure how it is supposed work but let me say this. It fealt like (this is not the word I want to use) bubbles tingling in my body. Kinda like when you put alcoseltzer (sp?) In water and watch it fizzle

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's most noticeable if you haven't eaten anything for a while, then take 2, then in about 20-30 minutes you'd feel hypoglycemic. The other noticeable feeling is 20-30 minutes after taking the 2 caps having a meal with ~50-100g carbs. You get a great PUMPED feeling that lasts a while.

Those are the most noticeable "feelings" that I've experienced, but the best is the results in leaning out or recomping. All around good for your health too with the Na-R-ALA.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I took them this morning on an empty stomach and ate about 40 minutes later. Thats when I was feeling like my body was getting pumped with oxygen. Hard to explain I guess. Then I saw a hot chick driving on the highway next to me and I was like hey how you doing. Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Too funny!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's most noticeable if you haven't eaten anything for a while, then take 2, then in about 20-30 minutes you'd feel hypoglycemic. The other noticeable feeling is 20-30 minutes after taking the 2 caps having a meal with ~50-100g carbs. You get a great PUMPED feeling that lasts a while.

Those are the most noticeable "feelings" that I've experienced, but the best is the results in leaning out or recomping. All around good for your health too with the Na-R-ALA.
I've noticed effects along the same lines especially right before my fast breaking meal. Need2slin is great stuff...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So today is the first day taking the supps at full dosage. I must say i feel good. Hell i even hit personal best today in the gym. I wasn't going to the gym tonight to lift heavier than normal but i felt real good while lifting to i tried to lift just a little more.

Incline Bench Press
1 set of 15 at 190
1 set of 8 at 200 (Personal best)
1 failure set 8 at 200

Dumbbell Bench Press
1 set of 15 at 65 (Personal best)
1 set of 8 at 65
1 failure set of 6 at 65

Dumbbell fly
1 set of 15 at 40 (personal best)
1 failure set of 8 at 40

Seated dip machine
1 failure set of 15 at 150 (Personal best)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Yes I took them this morning on an empty stomach and ate about 40 minutes later. Thats when I was feeling like my body was getting pumped with oxygen. Hard to explain I guess. Then I saw a hot chick driving on the highway next to me and I was like hey how you doing. Lol
LOL

So today is the first day taking the supps at full dosage. I must say i feel good. Hell i even hit personal best today in the gym. I wasn't going to the gym tonight to lift heavier than normal but i felt real good while lifting to i tried to lift just a little more.

Incline Bench Press
1 set of 15 at 190
1 set of 8 at 200 (Personal best)
1 failure set 8 at 200

Dumbbell Bench Press
1 set of 15 at 65 (Personal best)
1 set of 8 at 65
1 failure set of 6 at 65

Dumbbell fly
1 set of 15 at 40 (personal best)
1 failure set of 8 at 40

Seated dip machine
1 failure set of 15 at 150 (Personal best)
Great Job man! I love days like those.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jan. 24 Start

Neck: 18.5
Shoulder: 56.25
Chest: 51.5
Waist: 49
Abdomen: 58
Hips: 53
Thigh: 27
Knee: 17
Calf: 17.25
Ankle: 10.5
Arm: 16.75
Forearm: 12
Wrist: 7.33

Feb. 6th

Neck: 18
Shoulder: 55.5
Chest: 49.5
Waist: 48
Abdomen: 56.75
Hips: 51
Thigh: 27.75
Knee: 16.25
Calf: 16.75
Ankle: 9.5
Arm: 16.25
Forearm: 11
Wrist: 7.25

March 18

Neck: 18.5
Shoulder: 54.125
Chest: 48.5
Waist: 46.0
Abdomen: 55.75
Hips: 49.25
Thigh: 26.5
Knee: 16.0
Calf: 17.5
Ankle: 10.0
Arm: 16.0
Forearm: 12.25

April 24thFinish

Neck: 17.5
Shoulder: 55.25
Chest: 49.5
Waist: 45.25
Abdomen: 54.75
Hips: 48.25
Thigh: 24.75
Knee: 16.0
Calf: 17.0
Ankle: 10.0
Arm: 15.5
Forearm: 11.5

May 23rd 2011 Start of Phase 2

Neck: 17.75
Shoulder: 53.5
Chest: 49.75
Waist: 44
Abdomen: 53.75
Hips: 45.5
Thigh: 25.5
Knee: 16.5
Calf: 17.0
Ankle: 9.5
Arm: 16
Forearm: 12
Wrist: 7

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff jeff! Keep on killing it.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Brother. I still have a long way to go and a short time to get there. I have got to get my arse in gear and focus on cardio along with my training. This past week has been crappy for this. Not getting much sleep and have been super tired in the morning. I have been able to get some good workouts in and my diet is getting better. I have been able to get the calorie intake up. I feel so darn full i have to force myself to eat my snacks. Been so busy at the office that it has been a little hard to focus on eating. instead of every 3 hours it has been more like 4 hours. grrr.

I want to blast about 40 lbs of fat in the next 90 days.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Great Progress!
Just to mention one, hips dropped almost 8 inches, that is really good, you should be feeling really happy about that. Congrats man.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks mrodz. i wish my friggen abdomen would drop 8 inches or more. lol

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Thanks Brother. I still have a long way to go and a short time to get there. I have got to get my arse in gear and focus on cardio along with my training. This past week has been crappy for this. Not getting much sleep and have been super tired in the morning. I have been able to get some good workouts in and my diet is getting better. I have been able to get the calorie intake up. I feel so darn full i have to force myself to eat my snacks. Been so busy at the office that it has been a little hard to focus on eating. instead of every 3 hours it has been more like 4 hours. grrr.

I want to blast about 40 lbs of fat in the next 90 days.
You will eventually get to what man does, he gets grumpy, and that's when you know he's gotta eat.. Just keep a protein bar near. :) :kiss:
I really am proud of you bub. Keep up the good work! xoxo

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job in here Jeff!! You are making some great progress and every day is one step closer to your goal! :cheers:

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Rick.

I have started a log on the NTBM site as well. With pictures included. It is very noticeable the hernia i have developed in the belly button area. Cant have surgery on that until i lose a lot more body fat in the abdomen area.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay you are doing great but I am gonna call you out. You need to get that cardio in. Lifting is the fun part but doing cardio is very important for quick fat loss. Get your ass up in the morning. Take a friggin pre-workout and go do that damn cardio. You will not drop 40 lbs in 3 months without it.

Don't sweat the every 3 hours thing man. Come to the intermittent fasting side!!!!! Fat falls of while building some muscle.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chevy, you and me both need to hop ob this cardio thing. The intermittent fasting is pretty sweet. Takes alittle time to get used to, but once you do, you feel great after you eat, not like when Id feel like a fat slob after I ate..LOL!!

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Okay you are doing great but I am gonna call you out. You need to get that cardio in. Lifting is the fun part but doing cardio is very important for quick fat loss. Get your ass up in the morning. Take a friggin pre-workout and go do that damn cardio. You will not drop 40 lbs in 3 months without it.

Don't sweat the every 3 hours thing man. Come to the intermittent fasting side!!!!! Fat falls of while building some muscle.
Yeah, what he said. lol. All except the whole lifting this... that sux. :eek:p: I can handle cardio, its the sore muscles that sux the worse. :blink: lol. Walk or run at lunch.. Fit it in man, and if your blaming the drive in becuase you have to get up so early to go.. THEN, MOVE CLOSER! lol. Love ya bub.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah I just need to go to bed earlier. Alarm is set for 4:15 but that damn snooze button seems to get hit until 5 am comes around. Excuses are like a$$holes everyone has them. Time to buckle down and get to work. BTW thanks jerks for getting me motivated again. Lol nothing like family to kick you in the nuts to get you started. Lmao.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and one more thing you have now created a monster. Just what was needed for phase 2 of my transformation.

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Nah I just need to go to bed earlier. Alarm is set for 4:15 but that damn snooze button seems to get hit until 5 am comes around. Excuses are like a$$holes everyone has them. Time to buckle down and get to work. BTW thanks jerks for getting me motivated again. Lol nothing like family to kick you in the nuts to get you started. Lmao.
ur damn skippy, ur drill sargents said soo.. lol. Gotta keep that motivation going! :kiss:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent let's see phase two. Remember the lifting part is fun, even for JoAnn, regardless of what she implies she loves to lift heavier. When she gets a new PR she is stoked. She just doesn't love being sore. Either way do that dang cardio!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent let's see phase two. Remember the lifting part is fun, even for JoAnn, regardless of what she implies she loves to lift heavier. When she gets a new PR she is stoked. She just doesn't love being sore. Either way do that dang cardio!
Yeh you need to keep that balance between lifting and cardio for sure when dieting down.

Keep that train a rollin Jeff!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just had to put this quote up. A friend of mine said recently.

"Procrastination is like Masturbation; In the end you're just screwing yourself."

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Down 2 lbs since Monday. Been having a tuff time eating the extra calories. I have increased my calories from 1800 up to 2400. Changing my entire diet up to help add the calories. My first meal is approx 6:30 am and the last meal is around 7 pm just after my evening workout. The last meal is usually a Whey protein drink with some bcaa added. I have been experimenting with no carbs for 4 hours prior to bed time. Which happens to be around 9:30-10:00 pm. While i get up around 4:15ish.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meal plan i will be following.

Meal 1

10 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal with teaspoon of cinnamon
1 banana
16 oz of water
2 OEP
1 Alpha T2
2 Need 2 Slin

Meal 2

Meal replacement drink
16 oz of water
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup of raisins
2 EFA lean gold with Tonalin CLA

Meal 3

8oz of either lean sirloin steak, Venison, or chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 large serving of garden salad
2 Alpha T2
1 OEP
2 Need2Slin
16 oz of water

Meal 4

Meal replacement drink

or

4 oz Chicken, Mahi Mahi fish, or Orange Roughy
1/2 sweet potato
2 EFA lean gold with Tonalin CLA
16 oz of water

Meal 5

4 oz Orange Roughy, or chicken
2 scoops of Whey Protein
2 scoops of BCAA
16 oz of water
2 Need2Slin
1 Pack of ISS Vitamins

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That should do the trick brother man. Remember though there is a simpler way on the diet and not as time consuming...

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That should do the trick brother man. Remember though there is a simpler way on the diet and not as time consuming...
Well then. Send me some info. I was reading about the lean gains just not 100% sure it is for my schedule as you know. I don't work out until after work around 6:30 pm ish. And i am in bed by 9:30-10:00. Since i get up around 4:15 ish. I am also trying to make it easy for Cat to follow as well. Her's will be similar to what i have on here just not as much food.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well then. Send me some info. I was reading about the lean gains just not 100% sure it is for my schedule as you know. I don't work out until after work around 6:30 pm ish. And i am in bed by 9:30-10:00. Since i get up around 4:15 ish. I am also trying to make it easy for Cat to follow as well. Her's will be similar to what i have on here just not as much food.
So you would fast all morning, have a lunch about 1 or 2 so that your eating window could go up until 9-10. eat a meal and maybe a light snack before the workout then come home and eat 1 big meal with about 70% of your daily caloric intake in that one meal or basically from the time you finish working out until the end of your fast.

So for you lets say since you are actually cutting right now about 12-1500 for burn days and 3000 on build days. You could actually do 2500 and not lose any muscle mass and drop the fat faster which is what I would probably opt for at this point with your current goals. For Cathy just like 1000 and 1800 or something would be a good start.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So basically do my current diet but start it around lunch time and end at bed? What about my supplement taking? As well as fasted cardio when I wake up?

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well i found my challenge for now. Wasn't filling super strong today just kinda felt blah. As i started to work out i just put on some weight not thinking about how much it actually was. Pushed up 3 times on the incline bench press and was like what the hell this feels heavier than normal. So i stopped and counted the how much was on there. Well i had 210 lbs on there. I just barely hit 200 lbs as my normal workout weight last week.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So basically do my current diet but start it around lunch time and end at bed? What about my supplement taking? As well as fasted cardio when I wake up?
Your supplements would be just as you were taking them and doing the cardio fasted in the morning is fine.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Lean Gains. You should give it a shot Jeff. What Kleen laid out in his post would be a great way to start it.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So far the first full week of getting used to the new diet and training resulted in a 2 lbs loss of fat. Now we are into the second week and it is only day 3 and I have already bettered last week by 1 lbs and the week is not over. Adding the extra calories seemed to do the trick. Here is my goal. I want to give my new diet a full 90 days to see if it works the way I believe it should. Once my final results are in I will then most likely use the lean gain method to finsh off this journey I am on. I know kleen, dreamweaver, and other are getting excellent results. And I am excited for them. Once I get my body fat to a mid teen level I think is were that diet does well. I have been wrong before. I am hoping for a good number this week. If all goes well I should be in the upper 250s.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far the first full week of getting used to the new diet and training resulted in a 2 lbs loss of fat. Now we are into the second week and it is only day 3 and I have already bettered last week by 1 lbs and the week is not over. Adding the extra calories seemed to do the trick. Here is my goal. I want to give my new diet a full 90 days to see if it works the way I believe it should. Once my final results are in I will then most likely use the lean gain method to finsh off this journey I am on. I know kleen, dreamweaver, and other are getting excellent results. And I am excited for them. Once I get my body fat to a mid teen level I think is were that diet does well. I have been wrong before. I am hoping for a good number this week. If all goes well I should be in the upper 250s.
All I can say is I should have jumped on the lean gains as soon as Chris started talking about it. I would have saved myself a lot of anguish... it's simply the way I was born to eat and I believe that's true for most uf us... I am a totally different body type on this diet, it's made me meso..

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting ... See my only thing that bothers me is. Since I am still in the upper 20s in body fat. That is I drop weught to fast my skin wont have a chance to shrink. And it would leave me with a serious case of dunlap disease. Or skin flab and then need surgery to remove it. I will already need one to remove my hernia in the belly button. Grrrr

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting ... See my only thing that bothers me is. Since I am still in the upper 20s in body fat. That is I drop weught to fast my skin wont have a chance to shrink. And it would leave me with a serious case of dunlap disease. Or skin flab and then need surgery to remove it. I will already need one to remove my hernia in the belly button. Grrrr

Jeff unfortunately with as big as you got there is going to be skin flab as you call it. It isn't how fast you lose the fat that causes this it is how long the rubberband was stretched to it's limit. You can't do anything to change what has already occurred regarding that. The rubberband has been stretched and lost some of it's elasticity. Coming down from 300 you are just going to have a decent amount of loose skin unless you are a genetic anamoly. However the diet or how fast you drop the weight is not going to have any effect on that. You can lose 120 lbs in 6 months or 12 months. At the end of the year your skin would be tighter or smaller having lost the 120 in 6 months because it would have had longer at the smaller size to start tightening up. The skin is only going to shrink back up as fast as it does and it will never be as fast as you can lose the weight. Your current rate of fat loss is probably about the same maybe a little lower than if you were doing lean gains. However the effort you are putting into the diet is twice that of what you would need to if doing Lean Gains. I don't have any problem with you continuing your current course. It will work, has been proven over and over and over again. All I am saying is there is a much easier and for me anyway more effective way to go about it. One that won't result in you restricting yourself from thins so long that you burn out on the diet and go food crazy. Which is almost inevitable with the typical overly restrictive diet.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks to you brother i have these little people on my shoulders. one little chris saying good job stick with what your doing. and in the other ear it is stop being a Poo nanny and do this damn thing. Like the devil and angel. lmao

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do they both sound like me? LOL Either way you are doing it is going to work. Lean Gains is awesome but it is not magic. It works very well and is very simplistic and easy to do. I think it suits me so much better than any other type of dieting which makes it effortless. Effortless with the same or better results than stressing over planning 6 timed feedings every day. Just too much to worry about when there is not benefit from the extra stress off planning 6 meals a day, or depriving myself of tons of food choices just because when I don't really need to.

Regardless of the diet Jeff, you are doing the damn thing and if 6 meals a day and the knowledge that that method is tried and proven makes you feel more secure in your plan of attack then stick with it. You may just need that type of structure right now to make you feel you are doing it right. It doesn't really matter either way how you diet down so long as you stick to it.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As of today i am 4 lbs away from breaking into the 250's. Hopefully come Sunday there might be a chance i can break into the 50's. If not all is good. Really enjoying the supplements i am on right now. And the diet well like i have said before i still need to get used to it. Adding the extra calories and taking these supps. Make it sort of tough but manageable. In the beginning it was tough. But all is good.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As of today i am 4 lbs away from breaking into the 250's. Hopefully come Sunday there might be a chance i can break into the 50's. If not all is good. Really enjoying the supplements i am on right now. And the diet well like i have said before i still need to get used to it. Adding the extra calories and taking these supps. Make it sort of tough but manageable. In the beginning it was tough. But all is good.
You got it Chevy!! The 250s are all yours bro:)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep killing it Jeff! You are keeping your sister and I very proud of you with all your dedication. I can't wait for you to see your goals.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update. Well this past week has ended. I didnt hit what I was looking for, but that is just me with high expectations. Started the week at 268. As of this morning fresh out of bed after the morning tinkle I was 263.6. I was pushing to break into the 250s for the first time in years. So my new goal for this week is to hit the mid to low 50s.

I am so thankful for all the responses and encouragement by all of you.

Thanks

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Update. Well this past week has ended. I didnt hit what I was looking for, but that is just me with high expectations. Started the week at 268. As of this morning fresh out of bed after the morning tinkle I was 263.6. I was pushing to break into the 250s for the first time in years. So my new goal for this week is to hit the mid to low 50s.

I am so thankful for all the responses and encouragement by all of you.

Thanks
Beast! How about if you get at least 2-3 lbs you are ecstatic. That way you can really enjoy your progress instead of setting goals like on weight loss itself. Set goals like how many days you can go without deviating from your plan to achieve the weight loss. That will do more for your progress than anything else. Anything in the 2 lb range is doing very well anything else is a complete bonus. Stop counting on them, you set yourself up for frustration. Remember that 250 is just a mile marker but you will get well below so don't let it get in your head as something you need to race to. Enjoy each step of the loss without huge expectations. As far as the 250, just celebrate it when it arrives.

So if you want to set a goal set one of not deviating from your plan, not messing up the diet and not missing workouts. Tell us each day and lets see how many days you can make it without skipping a workout, or being too lenient with a food choice. I think we would all celebrate that along side you and cheer you on. String enough good days together and you will be built like an athletic stud before you know it.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright fine turn me into a detailed logger. Lmao. This will build up fast with a billion pages. I will go back and post up for the last 4 days of workouts. Remember I go 5 days straight then take day 6 off. Then 3 days on day 10 off.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW thanks for busting my balls in public.. Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Beast! How about if you get at least 2-3 lbs you are ecstatic. That way you can really enjoy your progress instead of setting goals like on weight loss itself. Set goals like how many days you can go without deviating from your plan to achieve the weight loss. That will do more for your progress than anything else. Anything in the 2 lb range is doing very well anything else is a complete bonus. Stop counting on them, you set yourself up for frustration. Remember that 250 is just a mile marker but you will get well below so don't let it get in your head as something you need to race to. Enjoy each step of the loss without huge expectations. As far as the 250, just celebrate it when it arrives.

So if you want to set a goal set one of not deviating from your plan, not messing up the diet and not missing workouts. Tell us each day and lets see how many days you can make it without skipping a workout, or being too lenient with a food choice. I think we would all celebrate that along side you and cheer you on. String enough good days together and you will be built like an athletic stud before you know it.
I love this post, tried to rep but i got to spread some around :)

You have a lot of great support in this log, and apparently family too that really care. Your a lucky guy Chevy. I love the support received on these forums, it helps me out cause the fam though loving and well meaning isn't at all fitness oriented. I do IF and just brushed the subject at my grandmothers and 2 aunts freaked and 1 even called me later LOL.
Your blessed and doing a great job.