Synthagen for Female

hollyahi

Awards
First of all, I am new here, so if there is a thread on this already, I apologize and I will do deeper research next time!

I am 25 and a female who is wanting to know if anyone here can provide me with any information on trying Synthagen - I am an avid listener to Super Human radio (and turned my fiance on to it as well) and love the show. I've always been a proponent of doing your own research and the show stands for much of what I believe in and love about health and fitness in general.

ANYWAYS, back to the point - I listened to yesterday's show and there is supposedly a sale going on at musclemass.com (although I need to find the coupon code/voucher...). I wanted to make sure that it would be worth my time and money to try Synthagen.

I am a soccer player, fitness enthusiast, and was introduced to the world of Olympic lifting via Crossfit. For my size and relative newness to the world of heavy lifting (I always lifted weight but never to the extent/technique that I am learning now), I'm proud of my strength but I am ready to take some extra steps to hit new PR's.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First of all, I am new here, so if there is a thread on this already, I apologize and I will do deeper research next time!

I am 25 and a female who is wanting to know if anyone here can provide me with any information on trying Synthagen - I am an avid listener to Super Human radio (and turned my fiance on to it as well) and love the show. I've always been a proponent of doing your own research and the show stands for much of what I believe in and love about health and fitness in general.

ANYWAYS, back to the point - I listened to yesterday's show and there is supposedly a sale going on at musclemass.com (although I need to find the coupon code/voucher...). I wanted to make sure that it would be worth my time and money to try Synthagen.

I am a soccer player, fitness enthusiast, and was introduced to the world of Olympic lifting via Crossfit. For my size and relative newness to the world of heavy lifting (I always lifted weight but never to the extent/technique that I am learning now), I'm proud of my strength but I am ready to take some extra steps to hit new PR's.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Appreciate the opportunity to answer your question...

We have quite a few women using Synthagen, and their feedback is consistent with the men - lightening fast recovery, much greater muscle fullness and a big bump in work capacity. Virtually any review on the web will confirm what I'm saying, and I'd encourage you to reach out to anyone who's used it. Here's the latest feedback I just saw, on a U.K. board:

Unishaver - "I had to come and post my first impression for MPS! I came down with the cold and had a week off training and ytd when I had my first session after that break I used MPS 5 caps prior training 5 intra and 5 post. Today when I woke up I had almost ZERO muscle soreness when I usually get really really sore after having 1 week break or more. Very nice idd. I'm interested in what's lurking in the future when using this supplement to say the least.

I didn't even eat that much that day since I was very very busy and pretty much kept myself to quest bars + a solid meal after my training..."

JoeBlack - "I love this stuff myself. Surprised it hasn't gotten more plaudits since it combines about 4 supps in one. Some people just look at price I guess…"

Part of Synthagen's beauty lies in the fact it's non-hormonal. That is to say, nothing contra-indicated for a female. And yes, the time to get it is NOW - the super special expires on 1/25/2013 at midnight Pacific time.

hollyahi

Awards
Appreciate the opportunity to answer your question...

We have quite a few women using Synthagen, and their feedback is consistent with the men - lightening fast recovery, much greater muscle fullness and a big bump in work capacity. Virtually any review on the web will confirm what I'm saying, and I'd encourage you to reach out to anyone who's used it. Here's the latest feedback I just saw, on a U.K. board:

Unishaver - "I had to come and post my first impression for MPS! I came down with the cold and had a week off training and ytd when I had my first session after that break I used MPS 5 caps prior training 5 intra and 5 post. Today when I woke up I had almost ZERO muscle soreness when I usually get really really sore after having 1 week break or more. Very nice idd. I'm interested in what's lurking in the future when using this supplement to say the least.

I didn't even eat that much that day since I was very very busy and pretty much kept myself to quest bars + a solid meal after my training..."

JoeBlack - "I love this stuff myself. Surprised it hasn't gotten more plaudits since it combines about 4 supps in one. Some people just look at price I guess…"

Part of Synthagen's beauty lies in the fact it's non-hormonal. That is to say, nothing contra-indicated for a female. And yes, the time to get it is NOW - the super special expires on 1/25/2013 at midnight Pacific time.
I ordered last week and am waiting for the package - I am excited to give it a try, and I will try to update this thread with my experience.

I'm a little worried and may hold back a little bit, I irritated my lower back/possible right SI joint in a sport impact - hoping this may help with my recovery a little bit, as well.

Thank you again for the information!

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to hearing feedback from you BOTH! Scooter, is this your first time on Synthagen?

Holly, if there are any exercise work arounds I can assist with - please don't hesitate. This is part of what I do/service I provide - and many a www.superhumanradio.com listener has injuries to address.

Happy to do the same for you...

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, this will be my 1st time. Went with the 2 pack deal

hollyahi

Awards
Holly, if there are any exercise work arounds I can assist with - please don't hesitate. This is part of what I do/service I provide - and many a superhumanradio.com listener has injuries to address.

Happy to do the same for you...
Thank you for the offer! I'm working with a chiro (who also utilizes physical therapy treatments) now who is at least helping me to figure out and rehab my back. I have an evaluation appt today and I'll see if I can get a definite answer to the cause of the pain. Seems like the sciatic nerve is affected, as I get shooting pain on mainly the right side and down my rear/leg, mostly upon twisting or turning. This also, as I said before, originated from a fall, and I've re-activated the pain in the past by getting knocked on my rear from some guys who outweigh me by almost 100 lbs during soccer games.

I would love help in working around the injury, I've been doing pretty well - mostly been doing body weight exercises/workouts, but I've found some weights that don't bother my back. For example (as long as I can pick up the dumbell or kettlebell from a box), I've been able to handle fairly heavy Goblet Squats. Been a fan of those for years. Yesterday I did a workout inspired from the Crossfit workout, "Loredo":
Six rounds for time of:
24 Squats (I used a 55 lb kettlebell and did Goblet Squats)
24 Push-ups
24 Walking lunge steps
Run 400 m (I rowed)

Synthagen Update: I'm not consistent yet due to my back pain, and I am wanting to save the product for a real testing period in a few weeks with strength, etc.
But I have been using Sythagen around workouts such as the one above for about a week (about 4-5 times, 4 before the workout and 2-4 after). I DO notice a difference in exercise with my respiratory and muscular endurance, and I am pretty fit to begin with, I also take a couple before sleep to help with recovery time, and I feel that this helps me wake up feeling better recovered.

What I am really looking forward to is putting Synthagen to the test when it comes to trying to hit some new PR's with the barbell.

I'll update you on the back pain, I seem to be in recovery mode, and once I have a more specific answer from the Chiro, I'd love some help in paving a better path to building strength..

Hope that wasn't too lengthy of a response!

Last edited:

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the offer! I'm working with a chiro (who also utilizes physical therapy treatments) now who is at least helping me to figure out and rehab my back. I have an evaluation appt today and I'll see if I can get a definite answer to the cause of the pain. Seems like the sciatic nerve is affected, as I get shooting pain on mainly the right side and down my rear/leg, mostly upon twisting or turning. This also, as I said before, originated from a fall, and I've re-activated the pain in the past by getting knocked on my rear from some guys who outweigh me by almost 100 lbs during soccer games.

I would love help in working around the injury, I've been doing pretty well - mostly been doing body weight exercises/workouts, but I've found some weights that don't bother my back. For example (as long as I can pick up the dumbell or kettlebell from a box), I've been able to handle fairly heavy Goblet Squats. Been a fan of those for years. Yesterday I did a workout inspired from the Crossfit workout, "Loredo":
Six rounds for time of:
24 Squats (I used a 55 lb kettlebell and did Goblet Squats)
24 Push-ups
24 Walking lunge steps
Run 400 m (I rowed)

Synthagen Update: I'm not consistent yet due to my back pain, and I am wanting to save the product for a real testing period in a few weeks with strength, etc.
But I have been using Sythagen around workouts such as the one above for about a week (about 4-5 times, 4 before the workout and 2-4 after). I DO notice a difference in exercise with my respiratory and muscular endurance, and I am pretty fit to begin with, I also take a couple before sleep to help with recovery time, and I feel that this helps me wake up feeling better recovered.

What I am really looking forward to is putting Synthagen to the test when it comes to trying to hit some new PR's with the barbell.

I'll update you on the back pain, I seem to be in recovery mode, and once I have a more specific answer from the Chiro, I'd love some help in paving a better path to building strength..

Hope that wasn't too lengthy of a response!
Not too lengthy at all! I appreciate the detail...

Glad to hear Synthagen thus far is going well. And yes, the increase in workload capacity/VO2 max threshold is frequently reported. Looking forward to future updates. It REALLY shines during a period of heavy loading, while cutting and/or re-comping. I'm excited to hear your feedback...

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, this will be my 1st time. Went with the 2 pack deal
Hopefully Scooter you experience the same as Unshavedslayer. Admittedly an open skeptic, here was his final review after going through just one bottle of Synthagen. His words, not mine and no - he wasn't "comped" free product LOL.

February 2, 2013

So I promised Mixelflick to shortly write down my thoughts about Mass Pro Synthagen after my 270 caps ran out.
Okay I'm 24 years old, about 175 cm tall and before my experience with synthagen I was around 88.x kg. I've been training for about 6 years now. To really test synthagen I quit taking all other supplements except PWOs and my multivitamin (Animal PAK) My training is basically all about strength but size is a bonus, which is nice of course. As requested by Mike I've written down my usual training scheme below. I must apologize and admit this isn't going to be a very detailed log because I didn't have in mind to actually log/write a review about Mass Pro Synthagen because I was very very skeptical towards it and I got to admit that I just bought it so I could post to prove my point how I'm a non responder to it! crazy yeah I know

(My apologies Mixelflick MPS is awesome!)

Monday: Legs
squats
leg press
standing calves

Tuesday: Chest & Triceps & Shoulders
close grip bench press
normal/wide grip bench press
shoulder press
triceps dips

Wednesday: Back & Biceps
Latpulls
cable rows
bent over barbell rows
pullups
barbell bicep curls
deadlift
( occasionally shrugs, very seldom )

On Thursday I start all over again with legs and Sunday being a day off ( which I hate! )

Anyway I dosed Mass Pro Synthagen as following: 5 caps before training, 5 caps halfway through my training (as advised by Mixelflick) and slowly reduced the dose until I was taking 3/3/3 in the same fashion. I felt that taking only 3 caps was inefficient so the next bottle I buy of Mass Pro Synthagen I will dose 4/4/4, which seemed most efficient.
My first impression of Mass Pro Synthagen was just wow since I had been sick 1 week before I started using it. I woke up the next day with almost zero DOMS, which I usually have A LOT of after having a one week break from training. During the first week of Mass Pro Synthagen I noticed massively reduced DOMS, my almost chronic shoulder pain was gone (already after 15 caps!) and my quad, which I've had issues with lately had improved magnificently.
After talking with Mixelflick on the forum I decided to really test Mass Pro Synthagen by staying in a very harsh calorie deficit to the end of my bottle. I wont describe every single meal but to give you an over all picture of how little I ate while on Synthagen I've put down one example day below.
First meal: 2h before training -> fast oats + 1 scoop of 90+ protein = 190 kcal + 100 kcal = 290 kcal
Second meal: Post training shake -> Fusion Matrix 2 scoops = 234 kcal
Third meal: 60-90 min after training -> 100g sweet potato + 450g chicken breast = 86 kcal + 495 kcal = 581 kcal
Total: 1105 kcal

As you can see that's not in anyway optimal training for muscle mass. While being in this calorie deficit I managed to improve almost in every exercise + recovery was still through the roof and I could witness rapid fat loss. The funny part though being when I stepped on the scale after finishing the last capsules of Synthagen I had actually gone up in weight from 88.x kg to 89.x kg. I'm still rubbing my eyes seeing these results as it couldn't have been possible to gain weight and lose fat while in this crazy calorie deficit? yes? I'm guessing some of you would like to see what I did manage to lift with Synthagen in this crazy deficit so I've written down a few numbers below (Yes I know these are nothing compared to the crazy strong beasts at the forum but anyway!) (and yes every lift mentioned is an improvement from my previous best ones during my time on Synthagen)
Deadlift: 1 x 250 kg
latpulls: 5 x 155 kg
cable rows: 5 x 150 kg
bent over barbell rows: 8 x 150 kg
barbell bicep curls: 5 x 80 kg
close grip bench press: 1 x 140 kg
squat: 3 x 205 kg
leg press: 5 x 520 kg (without the sled cause I have no idea what it weighs)
standing calves: 8 x 250 kg
triceps dips: 8 x bw + 50 kg
(my shoulder does not work 100% though the pain practically vanished after 15 caps so my shoulder press and normal/wide grip bench still sux)

Conclusion:
These are the effects I noticed from running Synthagen.

• Increased recovery
  • fat loss
  • increased strength
  • better skin
  • increased muscle mass
  • anti inflammatory effects
  • greatly increased mobility (the need for stretching is over!)
  • increased endurance (noticed this quickly because I don't do a lot of reps)
  • minimal rest times needed in between sets
Hopefully I didn't leave out any info! I have never actually written a "review" of any supplement before so feel free to ask if there's anything I've missed to mention.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well the dosing is tricky - the above review started with 10 caps then ended with 9 (3/3/3) but also a statement that the amount was not enough so next time would be run at 12 caps or 4/4/4.

I want to get the most out of the supplements effects while also conserving my funds so my plan was to start at 5/5 or ten caps/day and not reduce but maybe increase.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well the dosing is tricky - the above review started with 10 caps then ended with 9 (3/3/3) but also a statement that the amount was not enough so next time would be run at 12 caps or 4/4/4.

I want to get the most out of the supplements effects while also conserving my funds so my plan was to start at 5/5 or ten caps/day and not reduce but maybe increase.
Understand man, it's all about dialing in your dose... Please do keep us updated!

hollyahi

Awards
Alright! Back pain is finally on an upswing, I'm working back to using heavier weights slowly, and can't handle much "twisting" yet, but I've spent the majority of the last week or so close to pain free!
I'd been taking Synthagen almost daily, around 4-6 caps a day, sometimes split 2 and 2 or 3 and 3 before/after exercise, for my basic workouts which have mainly included cardio and various body weight exercises/TRX, etc. Once I get into heavier training, I will try to dose around sleep as well.. But I need to be a little frugal with these.

I will say that I have not LOST any noticeable strength, or muscle - Sunday evening I decided to see how heavier front squats felt - I maintained close to my old max and my legs felt sore but not horrible the day after!: 8 reps at 105, 8 reps at 115, 6 reps at 125, 5 reps at 135, 3 at 145, 2 at 150, and 1 rep (easily) at 155!
I didn't want to push it but I can safely say that I'm about where I left off for front squats. I'll be testing and finding my current 1RM's and will start to update to see if I can find a noticeable difference in my workouts and strength gains!

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright! Back pain is finally on an upswing, I'm working back to using heavier weights slowly, and can't handle much "twisting" yet, but I've spent the majority of the last week or so close to pain free!
I'd been taking Synthagen almost daily, around 4-6 caps a day, sometimes split 2 and 2 or 3 and 3 before/after exercise, for my basic workouts which have mainly included cardio and various body weight exercises/TRX, etc. Once I get into heavier training, I will try to dose around sleep as well.. But I need to be a little frugal with these.

I will say that I have not LOST any noticeable strength, or muscle - Sunday evening I decided to see how heavier front squats felt - I maintained close to my old max and my legs felt sore but not horrible the day after!: 8 reps at 105, 8 reps at 115, 6 reps at 125, 5 reps at 135, 3 at 145, 2 at 150, and 1 rep (easily) at 155!
I didn't want to push it but I can safely say that I'm about where I left off for front squats. I'll be testing and finding my current 1RM's and will start to update to see if I can find a noticeable difference in my workouts and strength gains!
Very nice. You are back from some substantial injuries and wisely - didn't push things. Despite dosing Synthagen lightly, you didn't lose any strength and are set to springboard to new PR's.

Can you tell me how much Synthagen you have left? From there, I can help you w/how to dose most effectively in and around your heavy training/what to do on off days.

Thanks for sharing!

JD261985

Banned
Awards
What is synthagen? *member walks over* "Google it"