Swanson52 Peak Beta+ Log

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Am I EVER going to DL right? This week, we laugh @ Swanson's attempts at deadlifting!

DL REPS
135, 185, 225, 275, 315

335x6x1. Not sure why I thought 6 was the number, should've been 8. Duh.

4" BLOCK PULLS
355x2x3
Blocks are nice, I like block pulls.

Olympic Stance Box Squat 8x3
Back Raises 15x2, 10x2
Box Jumps 3x8
Core stuff.

Nothing about today felt "right", except block pulls I suppose. Weird.

http://youtu.be/m2wsdrw5ViI

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea 200mg seems to be the standard dose in most pre's.

Add 200mg caffeine and 5g creatine mono to Peak Beta+ for a cheap upgrade to a potent preWO stack.

A lot of people also use Accelerant and Peak Beta+ together pre workout, Accelerant has 200mg caffeine/serving.
I ended up ordering enhanced & uncut.

I'm not doing the PeakBeta+ any justice right now! I never get "tired" or worn out...I GET BORED. WTF? ;)

Seriously, if I can coupe laser focus with the PeakBeta+, I'll wreck the gym. Still using & loving it. I just take for granted that I have the gas to roll through any workout.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear you, Im the same way there are a lot of products that I dont get the most out of unless I am well stimmed for my workouts. We made Peak Beta+ so it would be easily stackable with the users stimulant product of choice.

I havent used Enhanced yet, but was very pleased with Uncut.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bench heavy.

Today was...interesting. I had to enlist the help of the wife, we had a few cluster fawk moments, but it went well.

FLOOR PRESS
As I posted-the bar hits my chest before elbows touch.

Bar, 135, 185, 225, 275

310x2x5

BENCH
255x10x2. Failure at lockout on #10, 2nd set.

Dips, DB shrugs, BW pull ups finished it off. I'm smoked, really hammered it today. Vid coming.

PeakBeta+ FTW. Lots of work today.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW, you must have an insanely big chest/rib cage, etc that the bar hits your chest before your elbows touch the floor... I dont think Ive ever heard of that!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW, you must have an insanely big chest/rib cage, etc that the bar hits your chest before your elbows touch the floor... I dont think Ive ever heard of that!
T-Rex arms. I should bench 5 bills the way I'm put together...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Couldn't resist...Lol

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^

lmao

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick speed squat session before I start loading the Uhaul

Warm up/mobility/prowler

SQUAT
Bar, 95, 135, 185, 225

275x3x8

Leg press, 2 sets walking DB lunge.

Not much, but I got my main set done, fasted nonetheless.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loading the Uhaul as in as awesome metaphor for going heavy? Or did you actually have to move and hit legs in the same day?!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loading the Uhaul as in as awesome metaphor for going heavy? Or did you actually have to move and hit legs in the same day?!
Legs first, loading the Uhaul the rest of the day.

Brutal.

Edit; took my PeakBeta+ prior to loading. It's versatile!! :D

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crazy, insanely sore today. I'm freakin worn out, so as far as diet restriction today...there will be none. I typically limit my refeeds to a time frame, but today will be an all day affair.

BODY DAY
I trained at a tiny little gym where my sister in law lives, so there isn't much equipment. Basically just went in to get moving.

OHP
135, 155, 185, 205
225x8
That's probably my best set of 225 ever. I've done 5-6, but 8 may be a new PR.

Then I just did some mega-sets of flat DB bench, DB rows, side laterals and DB curls.

35' LISS

Followed by 10 egg whites, 4 eggs, 6 pancakes, 4 kolaches, and a big glass of fat free choc milk.

It's on, Skipload FTW.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sick OHP big boy!!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sick OHP big boy!!
Gracias! Oddly enough the 1 lift I'm not training for, the 1 I train with least frequency, yet the one that I'm gaining on noticeably. *shrug*

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was awfully optimistic about ME deads after moving for the last few days. I'm gassed after finishing up today.

So, in lieu of DL, I did some light outdoor jog/walk cardio. There's a path by our house that's marked in 1/4mi increments, so I'd jog a quarter, walk a quarter. Did that for about 45 min...I know it seems like nothing, but it's 85 and I'm not acclimated to the altitude so I was sucking wind pretty hardcore.

I'm going to lie around and destroy my meals at 100% today so I'm ready to roll tomorrow. I'll hit a couple more mobility sessions as well.

God moving just plain sucks. Next time, I'm hiring people.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, Id crumble under 225 on OHP. Beast mode!!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, session in and it felt f'ng GREAT. I wasnt tired, I am finally acclimating to altitude (my "altitude cold" went away), and I rolled in fired up.

Warm up stuff.

FLOOR PRESS ME
Bar, bar, 135, 185, 225, 275
275+20# chain x3
275+40# chain x2
275+80# chain x2
315x2x2
Add slingshot
365x2
I know the chain total isn't exactly accurate because some gets left on the floor, but I just put the total chain poundage.

http://youtu.be/zeafUaqRiTY

FLAT BB COMP BENCH
225x20
225x15x2

SUPERSET
Lat pulldowns some x15x3
Band Tri press down band x25x4

SUPERSET
Seated Klokov 135x10x3
DB shrugs 125x12x3

Pretty thrashed, but I feel great.

Also- gym owner & former competitor is going to coach my DL on Mondays for the next 9 weeks. Hell yes, hands on ass kicking.

Welcome home

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
O nice, is that Colorado Pro Gym in Aurora? Ive only been once but it looks like the back portion of their gym, such a great facility. I went there with a strongman buddy of mine and they put me through a strongman workout w the stones and log press.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
O nice, is that Colorado Pro Gym in Aurora? Ive only been once but it looks like the back portion of their gym, such a great facility. I went there with a strongman buddy of mine and they put me through a strongman workout w the stones and log press.
Sure is, good eye! Love that place.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sure is, good eye! Love that place.
Great gym, I hope to make it back one day. They also have an Armbrust in that area now. I used to train at the Wheat Ridge Armbrust and loved it.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great gym, I hope to make it back one day. They also have an Armbrust in that area now. I used to train at the Wheat Ridge Armbrust and loved it.
I am going to swing by Armbrust East in the next couple days to check it out. I always need one membership to a 24 hour facility.

Never been to the OG Armbrust; I'll have to get up north to check it out.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe that Phil Heath works out at Armbrust.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He does. Lot of BBers up there.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good pushin man.

Yeah I do chain total also, it makes me feel better

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good pushin man.

Yeah I do chain total also, it makes me feel better
With my bar ROM, pretty small window for chain movement. :D Felt good to mix it up some, even if it didn't do me a hell of a lot of good.

However...I'm freakin STARVING after this session. I've planned out my macros for the remainder of the day, and I'm not sure ill make it. Big boy hungry.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With my bar ROM, pretty small window for chain movement. :D Felt good to mix it up some, even if it didn't do me a hell of a lot of good.

However...I'm freakin STARVING after this session. I've planned out my macros for the remainder of the day, and I'm not sure ill make it. Big boy hungry.
I just got a qdoba taco salad again....except this time the shell will not be eatin

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sitting at 36g of carbs so far today...off day FML

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would be torture while watching all the others gorge on the tasty treats there.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing great today; just some LISS cardio for about 40', getting ready to squat tomorrow.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
80 for me

I'm stuck going to the Cheesecake Factory tonight. Chicken Caesar salad it is..
Ive gotta say though, if you have to go low carb a chicken ceasar salad from them is probably the way to go. Knowing their portions I'm sure they'll have a good amount of chicken and some awesome fatty dressing on there haha.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Should've just waited til tomorrow since my day has been a disaster. But I didn't. And now I'm mad.

Warm up

E SQUATS
285x3x8

REVERSE BAND SQUAT
405x2 w/light band

Oly squat 5x5
Leg press 3x15
Leg curl 3x12
KB swings 3x12

Everything felt ultra heavy, I tried out a different gym because it was close & I was pressed and the atmosphere sucked...my head was NOT in today's session.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't asked but are you using the Enhanced or Uncut now?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went to APG Fitness today; SUPER nice facility. All brand new stuff, lots of different equipment you don't see very often. I used the vertical leg press and THAT was cool.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Body day. Bad things.

Ton of warm up. I foam rolled the hips, quads (which hurt like HELL), and hit a bunch of LAX ball work. All told, I spent probably 30 minutes on this stuff.

OHP
bar, 95, 135 (this is uncomfortable), 185 ( my shoulder hurts, I should stop)...
225x5 then an audible POP from my left shoulder. My left arm went dead, I swear to God my face/neck went numb for a minute, and the lava-like fire of pain set in.

Did I stop? Nope, cuz I'm stupid.

HAMMER INCLINE
225/side x 10 x 3

HAMMER LOW ROW
180/side x 12 x 4

SS with

HAMMER BTN PULLDOWN
180/side x 12 x 4

45' LISS Treadmill

NurseWife and NurseSisterInLaw think I have a SLAP tear based on symptoms, ROM, etc. We're going to try and procure a hasty MRI, but it ain't good.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mobility work, stretching, 6 loaded prowler passes, 45' LISS cardio.

Happy Father's Day, all.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a bunch of **** come up today, so I didn't make it in to DL.

30' mobility, stretching, bastard LAX ball work
35' LISS treadmill.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So after 6 weeks of using the PeakBeta+, I'm going to tie this log up.

Impressions; I was incredibly skeptical of this at the outset, mostly because of unfamiliarity with how/why it worked. After 6 weeks of training, conditioning and plain ol cardio, I've been converted into a believer.

This has become a staple in my supplement protocol. The ability to push through brutal sessions is phenomenal, the way it cuts out the LA burn (calves!) during rough prowler sessions is something I've come to rely on. When I forget it, I know it and I pay for it.

If you're in the market, I'd highly recommend PeakBeta+; I'd wager it'll become a must-have for you as well. Thanks again to Molecular Nutrition for the opportunity-you've earned a customer!!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So after 6 weeks of using the PeakBeta+, I'm going to tie this log up.

Impressions; I was incredibly skeptical of this at the outset, mostly because of unfamiliarity with how/why it worked. After 6 weeks of training, conditioning and plain ol cardio, I've been converted into a believer.

This has become a staple in my supplement protocol. The ability to push through brutal sessions is phenomenal, the way it cuts out the LA burn (calves!) during rough prowler sessions is something I've come to rely on. When I forget it, I know it and I pay for it.

If you're in the market, I'd highly recommend PeakBeta+; I'd wager it'll become a must-have for you as well. Thanks again to Molecular Nutrition for the opportunity-you've earned a customer!!
Thanks so much for the excellent log, we are very glad that all of the loggers have really enjoyed Peak Beta+ and have like you went from skeptics to believers who have made it a staple in their regimen!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump for a final review when you get a chance.