summer shredden with Ironflex

Mystere3

Awards
Before this thing happened with my back it was mainly headaches, pain down the neck, numbness in the fingers, and some tension in the neck, Now its a consistent pain down the left side of the shoulder.
There's a couple options; you could deal with it and try to manage with physical therapy, chiropractics (although I don't advise that) and maybe some muscle relaxants and NSAIDs when it flares up, or you can get it worked up with a MRI and possible decompression. There's no right or wrong answer but keep in mind the first couple options are just bandaids if you have a underlying disk or vertebral problem affecting a nerve and will never fix it.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
It depends whether its a herniated or ruptured disc.

Mystere3

Awards
It depends whether its a herniated or ruptured disc.
There are a lot more pathologies that can affect the cervical spine besides disk herniations/protrusion/extrusion. The difference between a disk bulge, protrusion, and extrusion are mostly semantic and don't necessarily correlate with symptoms. Trauma leading to degenerative disease is also a common cause of pain in the cervical spine as well. Figuring out the root cause of cervical radiculopathy will probably require a MRI, although a detailed physical exam from an orthopedist, neurologist, or neurosurgeon (i.e, not a chiropractor) would be the best first step.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
There are a lot more pathologies that can affect the cervical spine besides disk herniations/protrusion/extrusion. The difference between a disk bulge, protrusion, and extrusion are mostly semantic and don't necessarily correlate with symptoms. Trauma leading to degenerative disease is also a common cause of pain in the cervical spine as well. Figuring out the root cause of cervical radiculopathy will probably require a MRI, although a detailed physical exam from an orthopedist, neurologist, or neurosurgeon (i.e, not a chiropractor) would be the best first step.
I agree with you. I herniated 3 discs L3-S1, couldnt stand up or barely walk. My chiro was versed in sports related injurys. He had me 100% in 6 weeks. Thats just my experience tho.

Mystere3

Awards
I agree with you. I herniated 3 discs L3-S1, couldnt stand up or barely walk. My chiro was versed in sports related injurys. He had me 100% in 6 weeks. Thats just my experience tho.
Most lumbar disk herniations will resolve within 6 weeks with no treatment at all, fwiw. The rule of thumb is rest and physical therapy for 6 weeks before even obtaining a MRI with a suspected disk herniation because most of the time the symptoms will go away. The body is capable of removing the disk material on its own. The only exception is when there is outright weakness (usually lower extremity weakness that isn't related to pain) or bowel/bladder dysfunction.

The cervical spine is slightly different, though. There are more things that can cause problems there so MRI is usually done a bit earlier.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
You mentioned DDD earlier, what can you do for that?
Sorry McCrew for jackin ur thread.

Mystere3

Awards
There's a number of options in the lumbar spine, but all of them are really meant to treat symptoms. You can't fix degenerative disease of the spine like you can (to a certain extent) in the joints (and when I mean fix, I mean replace). Diskectomy (usually microdiskectomy), laminectomy (which is removing the lamina to decompress the central spinal canal), vertebral fusion are the most common surgical options. Outcomes are variable. Some people say it essentailly fixes the problem. In other cases, it can not do too much, and the worst case scenario, it can either not help or make the pain worse.

Less invasive options involve epidural steroid injections, nerve injections or RF ablation of nerves, medication, and physical therapy, which are probably what I'd opt for before thinking about surgery.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
No surgery for me. My L5-S1 is 85% gone and causes daily pain. I just keep my core strong and deal with it.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
No worries brother intelligent conversations are welcome!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Well today is day two of the chiropractor and I must say I am feeling a lot less tension/ pain in both my neck and my back.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well today is day two of the chiropractor and I must say I am feeling a lot less tension/ pain in both my neck and my back.
Good to here bud. So, have you decided to stay on or have you entered into PCT?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Good to here bud. So, have you decided to stay on or have you entered into PCT?
I just went into PCT. Doc recommended that I take a couple of weeks off while he works on me so I figured I would listen. I am just doing Torem and DAA for now but In a couple of weeks I am going to start up, Anabeta Elite, Formabolic (100mg) and Quake while continuing with DAA for a couple of months then do a cycle in the fall. Fingers crossed for an Ironflex Trest and DMZ product to come out! Maybe a stacked option...

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
I just went into PCT. Doc recommended that I take a couple of weeks off while he works on me so I figured I would listen. I am just doing Torem and DAA for now but In a couple of weeks I am going to start up, Anabeta Elite, Formabolic (100mg) and Quake while continuing with DAA for a couple of months then do a cycle in the fall. Fingers crossed for an Ironflex Trest and DMZ product to come out! Maybe a stacked option...
Well, hangi in there McCrew! Glad to see you went the the chiro. Did you make it to the masseuse?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Well, hangi in there McCrew! Glad to see you went the the chiro. Did you make it to the masseuse?
Ya there is a trigger point lady at the same office

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Does she do happy endings? I was thinking that was what you needed most.
LOL no there was no happy ending. Its in an open area, the other people doing their physical therapy might start to wonder what kind of insurance plan I have that covers getting jacked off after my message

:lew:

Abadjiev

Abadjiev

Awards
LOL no there was no happy ending. Its in an open area, the other people doing their physical therapy might start to wonder what kind of insurance plan I have that covers getting jacked off after my message

:lew:
They would just be jealous.

WouldgotothisPToffice/10

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
Smont Anabolics 7
NattyDaddy420 Cycle Logs 94
Anabolics 25