sucks I'm this old now.... need moral support

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
56 here. What actions are you talking for the joint issues? Any joint support supplementation? Peptide or testosterone use?
I'm on Flexible from Formutech..that's about it..fish oil

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
56 here. What actions are you talking for the joint issues? Any joint support supplementation? Peptide or testosterone use?
I've had chronic knee pain from chondromalacia (wearing of cartilage) under my kneecap for years. Getting worse. I'm going to try stacking MK677 with some Ostarine and a msm/glucosamine supp (N2Joint). I've tried all of these products on their own and they help with tendon stiffness but they never did anything for the cartilage issue. I'm hoping all of them together might do the trick.

Also 3grams of high quality fish oil reduces the pain as well.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The 50 year old deadlifting 500 pounds at the gym is on TRT, HGH and possibly using other anabolic drugs so we're talking 50 year olds who have the test levels of a 18 yr old or maybe even supra physiological test levels.
Well, maybe I was just lucky. I know my work ethic is one of my best attributes, but I was able to not only deadlift once but hold onto over #550-#600 for a few years when I was age bracket 52-54 or so, drug and trt free only using OTC supplements only. I am a bit weaker now at the moment, as of a few setbacks not all related to gym. I am now getting TRT cream, (not wild about the idea really) and it has not seemed to do the magic some doctors/guys report, let alone make me top be 18 again!?!? maybe libido is a bit better. I also use Dermacrine, along with creatine (seems to help my muscle fulness) and other OTC supps like Erase or Anabeta on occasion. <(I cannot tell how great these really work?) Do not or never really used PH's of anykind.
That said, Roy Mason at 74, did a DL of #535 and Rich Abbott (an old HG author) in his 60's did #495 or something, and that was probably before TRT was even a venue for guys like them.
There is no doubt that TRT can help and drugs make one stronger, but to think everyone that has hit a PR at an older age is using something, to me is painting with a pretty broad brush.
I will say that I "may" have been able to do more as a younger lifter, than say just in the 600's, (so maybe not a true all time PR) but I was not training with the knowledge back in my 30's, that I learned in my late 40's and 50's.
I think also, there maybe certain lifts one can hold onto so to speak, as they get older or are gifted for. My BP in my 50's dropped by #100 or so pounds, my squat was okay, but I was never good at squatting big. My DL is I guess a different story. I was always good/blessed at pulling things or rowing. I saw my uncle once lift a #400 pound iron water tank he was about 70 at the time and was not a lifter. Just a manual laborer (like farmer strong) all his life. Might be a connection, like they say in the Finnish DL program. Coming from that type background might help. Who knows!?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
That accusation of being 50 and being on all that stuff pisses me off..I'm not on HGH, TRT..never done steroids..and I bench 435. ..I wonder sometimes what I could do if I was..

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That accusation of being 50 and being on all that stuff pisses me off..I'm not on HGH, TRT..never done steroids..and I bench 435. ..I wonder sometimes what I could do if I was..
I get the what are you on ? At the gym by the younger guys and I just say nothing but thanks for the compliment.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm 51 going on 52. When I was younger I could quit and start up again without any issues. It is easier to quit while you are young because of this false logic. I bounce up at 4:30a every day and look forward to what it brings.

Some advice:
Don't allow others to define you by their inabilities and perceived inadequacies. As a common theme throughout this thread, I have seen "Age is just a number." You need to realize how important this is. You are alone when you look in the mirror each morning. Love that person first.

You owe it to yourself.

And, OMG, I have milf and cougar groupies... they all beam when I walk into the coffee shop while they are having their get togethers.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Good strong stuff guy and same here.
I always seemed to daydream about using, but when push came to shove, I never really wanted to, since I knew it would only be temporary for me.

Then there is Atomic Freddie, lifetime DF...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSGE_8eym-k
I do love knowing I did it without steroids..I wouldn't be so dedicated if I did juice..that's what keeps me going..my son was at the chiropractor yesterday..told me the dude was freaking out to my son about my size.."your dad is a monster!" That's what keeps me going

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
More people need to do it for themselves and not worry about everyone else! Nice going!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Thanks

oldave

oldave

Awards
This is my kind of thread, much respect for all you guys! I'm 56 and getting a knee replacement next Monday so I'm gonna be learning what I can & can't do after this but I'll still be doing something! Priorities change as we age, strong is great but you really appreciate the everyday things when it's basically a struggle to do them. Looking forward to being on the comeback trail!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is my kind of thread, much respect for all you guys! I'm 56 and getting a knee replacement next Monday so I'm gonna be learning what I can & can't do after this but I'll still be doing something! Priorities change as we age, strong is great but you really appreciate the everyday things when it's basically a struggle to do them. Looking forward to being on the comeback trail!
oldave Good luck on the knee replacement, please keep us (me) informed on your experience, they want me to get one and I keep putting it off. Would love to hear step by step about yours !!

oldave

oldave

Awards
oldave Good luck on the knee replacement, please keep us (me) informed on your experience, they want me to get one and I keep putting it off. Would love to hear step by step about yours !!
Thanks, I sure will Rocket, I've put this off as long as I can, had it worked on 3 times since I was 19 & there's nothing left to work with now, it's bone on bone. My ortho fixes all the Mississippi State football guys & assures me I'll feel like a new man after this. Only restriction is no running, which I haven't done in years just because I really couldn't, not without busting out laughing at myself anyway! Haven't had a good leg session in over a year & can hardly wait to get back under the bar!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good wishes for a speedy recovery. 56 myself and pray the joints take me to at least 100.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Still have all my joints..knock on wood..

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Time to get on. :)

For me TRT converted me from a princess into captain America. In your case, don't try anything funny, more chicks for me, LOL

Dr.C

Dr.C

Awards
Gains can be made easy depending on hormones and lifestyle

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My dad has been finding something to commemorate each birthday since he turned 70. Last year he did 73 bench press reps at 135lbs. This year he did 74 rungs on my brother's monkey bar set up.

Dad's 74th bday.jpg

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Men don't get old. Women do. Men become more worldly and seasoned.

oldave

oldave

Awards
?
Then what? Your period starts? :saevil:
Well there'll be some blood but since I'm past some BPC therapy I'm going with a stainless steel fix. So we'll call it a recovery period I guess. How's the shoulder today HGP?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well there'll be some blood but since I'm past some BPC therapy I'm going with a stainless steel fix. So we'll call it a recovery period I guess. How's the shoulder today HGP?
Ah, 3 days to surgery... That sucks.
My shoulder? At 90%. BPC is not a fix for serious problems, IMHO. It accelerates healing, no doubt, good idea to use post-surgery.

oldave

oldave

Awards
Ah, 3 days to surgery... That sucks.
My shoulder? At 90%. BPC is not a fix for serious problems, IMHO. It accelerates healing, no doubt, good idea to use post-surgery.
I was wondering if it might be an option for me since it's basically gonna be bone implants & not really ligaments or tendons, any thoughts?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering if it might be an option for me since it's basically gonna be bone implants & not really ligaments or tendons, any thoughts?
As I'm aware it's only for soft tissue, guessing that muscles will be cut too, to get to the bone, it would be of help anyway.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well guys I put off visiting this forum for over a year (I'm now 36).... but I suppose I will just have to accept this "aging" thing. How is everyone doing with their training post-35? Can I still make gains, or am I already in a slow decline which means I'm the best I'll ever look? Looking for moral support!
I need support as well. I think I look pretty good for an almost 47-year-old guy. I'm 5 foot 10 and weigh about 163 got a four pack and pretty well-defined with all the basics. On the other hand, While I do look good I don't ever see any improvements. I really need a boost. Not looking for any TRT, because I am scared to death, I will lose my hair. Having said that I really don't know what else to do other than maybe a 1-Andro run. Something like just to get a boost. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need support as well. I think I look pretty good for an almost 47-year-old guy. I'm 5 foot 10 and weigh about 163 got a four pack and pretty well-defined with all the basics. On the other hand, While I do look good I don't ever see any improvements. I really need a boost. Not looking for any TRT, because I am scared to death, I will lose my hair. Having said that I really don't know what else to do other than maybe a 1-Andro run. Something like just to get a boost. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Some Get Diesel Natural Test Boosters maybe just what you need !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks rocket. Give me the lowdown on how you think it will help. I appreciate the response.
Increase Free Testosterone Levels
Increase Strength and Muscle Hardness
Increase Sex Drive and Response to Stimulation
Decrease Bad (16-hydroxyestrogen) Estrogen
Dramatically Increase Erection Hardness
Increase Semen Volume and Sexual Pleasure
Prevent Excessive Cortisol Production

Check out the Web Site; http://www.getdiesel.com/

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Increase Free Testosterone Levels
Increase Strength and Muscle Hardness
Increase Sex Drive and Response to Stimulation
Decrease Bad (16-hydroxyestrogen) Estrogen
Dramatically Increase Erection Hardness
Increase Semen Volume and Sexual Pleasure
Prevent Excessive Cortisol Production

Check out the Web Site; http://www.getdiesel.com/
Always suspicious when I see stuff with over the top marketing, labeling, claims, etc. I am in the industry- FDA would not be amused.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've noticed that certain women will effect semen volume more than others supplements, not so much

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Check with thebigt or Chuck Diesel this stuff works! open you mind !!

Bullfrog6996

Bullfrog6996

Awards
I just turned 40 this past spring and I feel your pain bro. I've had a lot of setbacks throughout my life physically but I'll stick to the script. I physically am unable to meet and keep my goals. Legs are the first to go. Shoulders next, then elbows and wrists. I'm 6'0" 175-185lbs. Just can't hit that 200 mark. When I was 20 yep 205 clean and ripped. Age sucks the life outta some of us. Any advice, I'll take as well!

Bullfrog6996

Bullfrog6996

Awards
New to this site/app don't know how to start my own thread...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Laharl9999

Laharl9999

Awards
I'll be 40 in January. I actually just started lifting this February after my 39th birthday. I used to be in good shape in my 20's. I didn't lift much but I was active. I really let myself go throughout my 30's. Focused on family and work, giving all my time to others. That's part of being a father and provider I know, but I didn't set time aside for myself. No hobbies, just work, work at home and family.

I looked at myself in the mirror on my 39th birthday and decided I didn't want to look like that when I was 40. I educated myself on diet and training. I made good gains as a newb, but I feel like I plateaued quickly due to my age and probably low testosterone. I've been running a few things with help from knowledgeable people on this site and I feel like I'm breaking through this plateau. I feel better about my body, health and life in general.

I feel like 40 will be a new beginning for me. Work is less demanding as I've risen in the ranks since my early 30's. Money is less of an issue. And family knows I need my time too. Life is still good and can be even better after 40, you have the experience to truly appreciate what you have.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'll be 40 in January. I actually just started lifting this February after my 39th birthday. I used to be in good shape in my 20's. I didn't lift much but I was active. I really let myself go throughout my 30's. Focused on family and work, giving all my time to others. That's part of being a father and provider I know, but I didn't set time aside for myself. No hobbies, just work, work at home and family.

I looked at myself in the mirror on my 39th birthday and decided I didn't want to look like that when I was 40. I educated myself on diet and training. I made good gains as a newb, but I feel like I plateaued quickly due to my age and probably low testosterone. I've been running a few things with help from knowledgeable people on this site and I feel like I'm breaking through this plateau. I feel better about my body, health and life in general.

I feel like 40 will be a new beginning for me. Work is less demanding as I've risen in the ranks since my early 30's. Money is less of an issue. And family knows I need my time too. Life is still good and can be even better after 40, you have the experience to truly appreciate what you have.
Started lifting at 40 after 12 year layoff..will be 50 in 8 days..435 bench..results will still happen

Bnbabt611

Awards
Well said! I am 40 and have been weight training since I was probably 14 years old or so. I always trained for strength and neglected my diet, and then about 6 months before my 30th bday, I decided that I was going to have a 6 pack on my bday. Well, I went from ~215 to 180 and was shredded. At first, and this is the problem about being a man, is everyone who saw me said "you are getting skinny", but once the weather warmed up enough and I wore either no shirt or a tank top, every started saying "so what is your diet and training regime". Every year since then, I do a strict diet from Feb-Jun tracking everything I eat from total calories to the macro splits and get down to ~10% bf (measured with skinfold) every year. THis year (I'm 40) I tore my rc completely in March, and managed to train even harder (because I was so pissed), diet even better, and got into the best shape ever. I hear the older guys say to me all the time, "wait till you hit 40", that is only true if you give up on yourself. I refuse to look like those "out of shape" dads and I still believe I can improve.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
51.75 years old and getting better every day. More fit than many half my age I work with.