7. Rogue (1-4) 7.5 points
8. Kris (1-2) 3.5 points
9. Iron Warrior (1-0) 2.5 points
10. JMH (0-5) 0 points
10. Bucknuts (0-2) 0 points
10. Powerhouse (0-1) 0 points
10. Birdo (0-2) 0 points
10. Buff (0-1) 0 points
Thanks for the update, kinda got side tracked with being out of town.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
UNC over Miami.
(I'm picking against them the rest of this year. I know that I'll eventually get an upset-loss right.)

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Man I am a VT fan but that game was pitiful. jmh80 and CED59 are right we do this every damn year. I personally think it is our coaching, Beamer and Bryan Stinespring need to man up and grow some balls. I hate the conservative play calling bull**** and the fact that we will do the same thing every game. Thats how GT beat us so quick, we run the same defensive play on every first series, GT saw and killed us there. Beamer got us to be a "powerhouse" claimed by espn but I highly doubt that he will ever get us a National Championship, Michael Vick was his best chance.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
My opinion of VTech is the same (well - different termanology) - you'll NEVER be a powerhouse because you won't win a national title.
You got there once with a phenom QB (who was really just an athlete) and caught UM with a really talented but young team.

And, VT's best chance was last year and this year. Soon enough (hopefully '07 if/when Coker is fired) we'll be back. And you'll pick up FSU on the regular schedule next year (I think).

I've been to a few UM-VT games at Blacksburg. Other than getting rum spilt on my Miami winter jacket in '97 - you guys were fairly nice.
Just hillybilly though. :lol:
(Who does the hokey pokey anymore - I mean really!)

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
UNC over Miami.
(I'm picking against them the rest of this year. I know that I'll eventually get an upset-loss right.)
Seriously enough is enough! They aren't having a good year ...the coaching and the team syncronization isnt there so get over it. You can't win a National Championship every year. If you want to b**** about it for the rest of the season make your own thread.:rant:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Vtech is just very disorganized. They will upset a few teams each year - but drop a couple easy ones. Long gone are the days when they could get 2 scores a game from special teams - Just as long gone are the days when Oklahoma could hold teams under 100 yards.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Indiana +7.5 win over Illinois (homecoming for Illini)

Jmh - you aren't rooting for Miami with that pick..

I really want to pick Arkansas over Auburn, Mustain is 3-0 has a starter.. but it's a home game for the Alabama Tigers. woo pig

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I really want to pick Arkansas over Auburn, Mustain is 3-0 has a starter.. but it's a home game for the Alabama Tigers. woo pig
I really wanted to as well, but Mustain hasnt been too impressive. They have won(which is what matters), but he hasnt shown to me that he would be able to handle the Auburn D. He is 33-65 487 and 5 TD/5 INT. Although he will/should improve and become a very good QB in teh future. I just think its too early for him to upset Auburn. Hopefully he can prove me wrong, as I would love to see that. Next year though, Arkansas should have a pretty darn good offense.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Seriously enough is enough! They aren't having a good year ...the coaching and the team syncronization isnt there so get over it. You can't win a National Championship every year. If you want to b**** about it for the rest of the season make your own thread.:rant:
As if every thread on AM stays on topic.....

The coaching flat out sucks - and it's not that we aren't winning a national title - I'll take the team putting forth a good effort.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright - I'll change my pick to Oregon over Cal.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
too bad no one picked NC State over FSU ...thats 10.5 points

size

Awards
  • Established
I will go for some points and take PURDUE+10.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Kris,
There was no need to. I already told you (maybe in another thread) that FSU was as bad as Miami and both teams would lose 3 to 4 games.

Since we are both on pace to lose about 7 games - maybe I was a bit conservative on my prediction.

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
Michigan state +17.5 over UM. The Henne Manningham gravy train is over. Look for the upset at the BIG HOUSE.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Wow. That's a pick.

John L. Smith is quite possibly the only coach in America that is WORSE than Larry Coker.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Michigan state +17.5 over UM. The Henne Manningham gravy train is over. Look for the upset at the BIG HOUSE.
thinking of picking that too, but MSU is hardly motivated at this point - they have to be discouraged as hell. Could be wrong though. Michigan, again, draws a reasonably tough opponent under favorable circumstances (similar to playing Notre Dame following a very physical game at Penn St.).

with that said,

go Sparty

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
interesting upset pick. i suppose it could happen but as previously mentioned, they have no momentum. however, they do play big some years against their in-state rival.

i always throw down a huge bet every week through an online gambling site. im thinking either penn state -3, arkansas +15.5, or my favorite, texas -4. what do you guys think?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
scratch that, texas spread is now 3.5. why are people on OU:confused: am i missing something here? besides it being a rivalry game, texas has the much better team IMO.

other bets im considering are iowa -11, bowling green +36(although i cant bet against my buckeyes :(), tennessee -2.5, and texas tech -5. did i mention i almost always gamble on the team favored to win? oh well, this year has been extremely good to me thanks to michigan and ohio state.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Tennessee will beat UGA. small spread though

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Tennessee will beat UGA. small spread though
I like tennessee over UGA too.

Games I'm watching out for are Iowa St. vs 22 Nebraska, i'm not sure on the spread on this but it could be a close one.

I dont know about you guys but i'm waiting for Mich to blow up...I think Mich St. could give them a run for their money, no one is really talking about this classic game this year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Baby J with a 62 yd TD!!!

Longest Miami TD since '02 (McGahee against Pitt).

Man - I absolutely LOVE this kid.
Best Frosh RB in the nation.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is I was wrong about Arkansas. Felix Jones and Darren McFadden just ran all over them. Impressive and now they could(if LSU loses) have a 2 game lead in the SEC West. I guess Tubberville doesnt need to worry about the BCS anymore.

JMH,
Javerris James is a stud, him and Shields will set Miami up for a bright future, with playmakers at RB and WR. Even if it was UNC, at least its a bright spot for the program.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
USC beat Arkansas by 36 and Arkansas beat Auburn by 17... maybe USC is a top 25 team after all.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Indiana comes back on Illinois from 22 down to win me +7.5. Hoosiers ruin Zook UICs homecoming. i am so fly.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I agree w/ Kris. (Did I just type that???)

I'm calling you out CED - USC is NOT a top 5 team. Washington had a very good chance to win that game.
And that isn't the first time this season.

I think Cal beats SC at SC.
(Think of Miami 2003 - there will be a VTech blowout at some point for SC I think. Well - maybe not a 21 point one but it's possible because SC has an Evangel QB also.
:blink: Really odd how both situations seem similar - Miami '03 and SC '06. Hmmm.)

Finally - I've been telling these stank-azz Louisianaians that Les Miles is Larry Coker Jr.
He's not a good coach. He coaches NOT to lose (as opposed to win) and his teams are VERY sloppy.
And - he's winning with the prior coach's players. LSU fans will come to realize JMH80 was right in a year or two. (They are still delusional as I was in '04 w/ Coker...well, at least until that UNC debacle happened.)

Look LSU fans - if there's one think I know - it's a bad head coach.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I don't know 10 teams that are 'better' than USC so therefore they are a top 10 team.. at the very least.

Auburn or West Virginia - no way. Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Texas(?), Tennessee(?) - I'd say those teams are. Notre Dame is not. Georgia is not. Georgia was the worst top 10 team of all time. Louisville is not. Oregon is not. And Cal is not.

This reminds me of when people say Tom Brady isn't a Top 10 Quarterback and their list of Quarterbacks better than Brady include only: Peyton Manning, Dovovan McNabb, Carson Palmer. But they are still positive that another 7 players are better than Brady, they just can't think of them or the players don't have last names.

As for today's game and this season, USC isn't forcing turnovers like they did last year that is why these games are close. I'm not saying that this is acceptable... But this not something you can tag on 1 player. All of USC's TD drives today were over 60 yards I believe. My point is, they are not giving the offense a short field ever.

Today is the only legit 'scare' USC has had. The WASU game was close but USC trailed only once for 4 minutes in the first quarter. The idiots that think The Cougers 'scared' USC are crazy.

The standard is set so high for USC that if they don't win by 4 scores they get called 'overrated'. This team is still finding it's identity, but they are undefeated. Pete Carroll keeps on winning and that is the difference. While other teams win by 30 and 40 - then randomly drop an easy game (See Auburn vs. Arkansas) - USC does not lose games they should definitely win (please don't reference the rose bowl). And That is all they can do.. win. 29 straight in LA. PAC10 is as tough as the SEC-West, in terms of the top teams. USC, Cal, Oregon : LSU, Auburn, Arkansas. Throw Notre Dame and Nebraska in there and USC's schedule is definitely harder than Auburn's and West Virginia.

West Virginia is pathetic. They shouldn't even be ranked until they play a top 50 team

Last edited:
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
please somebody name 10 or 25 teams better than USC.

I can name 2. Ohio State and Michigan.

Florida is a possible 3.

Tennessee and Texas are longshots for 4 and 5.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of Florida CED, I know you caught that game today. :twisted:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Speaking of Florida CED, I know you caught that game today. :twisted:
sure did, great game. Siler's fumble recovery saved the entire season. The single biggest play of the year.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ohio St*, Mich, FLA, UT, and Louisville are all better than SC right now.
I think SC falls in right after those 5. Better than Texas, ND, WVa, and Auburn.

Yeah - I know L'ville's schedule is bad. But, SC's aint much better. SC beat Arkansas when they didn't have Darren McFadden. And Arky didn't start to really play well until last week or whatever.

L'ville doesn't even have their best player - Bush - and second best - Brohm. And Petrino is a better coach than Carroll.
We'll see if they can beat WVa and Rutgers.

I'm just highly suspicious that an Evangel QB can win a national title. Color me a skeptic.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Okay, I agree with most of that.. but that puts USC at #6.. I generally agree. They are definitely top ten. I like them at #4 though. I totally agree on Louisville. They are the definition of 'TEAM'. Unfortunately, eventually they will miss Bush and Brohm. So I'd take Texas > Louisville. Tennessee is nasty and the Gators beat them before they peaked.

I'd say:
Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, USC.

It's kind hard to argue Michigan at #2 though..
so, by default it will probably be:
#1 Ohio State (100%)
#2 USC
#3 Florida
#4 Michigan

In terms of USC's schedule they play the following top 25-30 teams:
Nebraska
Oregon
California
Notre Dame
(4 competitive games)

Louisville, by contrast, play the following top 25-30 games:
Miami (FL)
West Virginia
Rutgers?
(2.5 competitive games)

Now a look at Auburn's Schedule:
LSU
Florida
Georgia
possible SEC Championship
(by my count that is 3-4 competitive games, I don't think UGA is tougher than California or Oregon. Nor do I think the remaining SEC WEST: Miss State, Ole Miss, Alabama are much better than the middle-of-the-road PAC10 teams.)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
please somebody name 10 or 25 teams better than USC.

I can name 2. Ohio State and Michigan.

Florida is a possible 3.

Tennessee and Texas are longshots for 4 and 5.
Umm....I don't think florida possibly is.....they are. USC is a good team, but them gators are looking damn good right now.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Umm....I don't think florida possibly is.....they are. USC is a good team, but them gators are looking damn good right now.
I like this post.

One thing that that i've really begun to understand about college football is that it's not necessarly about the "best" team. It's all about who's plays the best on the feild that day. Emotion plays such a huge role in college football and thus perceptions of teams can completely change from week to week. What makes teams great (teams like USC) is that they always come with their A game when they need to. For their talent level they should be blowing out any team not in the top 25, however a win is a win in a way. When they play top teams in the nation they step it up, like all good programs do. This is the swagger I dont see in my gators, and if they dont develop i feel like they could lose to an inferior team. They will be the best team each day the step on the feild for the rest of the regular season, but the question about all teams in college football is will they play to their potential.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Week 6 Standings
1. Size (3-3) 22 points
2. CED (3-1) 20.5 points
3. Jantrick (3-1) 15.5 points
4. lilkev (2-4) 15 points
5. Binge (1-5) 11 points
6. Inning Eater (1-1) 10 points
7. Rouge (1-4) 7.5 points
8. Kris (2-2) 6.5 points
9. Iron Warrior (1-0) 2.5 points
10. JMH (0-6) 0 points
10. Bucknuts (0-2) 0 points
10. Powerhouse (0-1) 0 points
10. Birdo (0-2) 0 points
10. Buff (0-2) 0 points

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
One thing that that i've really begun to understand about college football is that it's not necessarly about the "best" team. It's all about who's plays the best on the feild that day.
Exactly.. To quote Lou Holtz (in reference to Ohio State playing fairly 'average' against Penn State): They don't have to be the best team in the country, just the best in the stadium.

So true. And This, this alone, sets USC aside in the past 4 years. They win. 29 straight in Los Angeles in fact.

Take LSU, they are the best team in the country 80% of the season. Seriously they are. They are absolutely nasty. They blow teams out. Beat LA Tech by 40+. Smash Tulane by 30+. Then they put up 3 on Auburn. The fans are saying 'hey, what happen...?'.

Emotion plays such a huge role in college football and thus perceptions of teams can completely change from week to week. What makes teams great (teams like USC) is that they always come with their A game when they need to. For their talent level they should be blowing out any team not in the top 25, however a win is a win in a way. When they play top teams in the nation they step it up, like all good programs do.
yes sir.

This is the swagger I dont see in my gators, and if they dont develop i feel like they could lose to an inferior team. They will be the best team each day the step on the feild for the rest of the regular season, but the question about all teams in college football is will they play to their potential.
I agree here too. The offense rallies around the 2nd QB. The Defense somewhat rallies around Brandon Siler. This is true of the crowd too. We rally around Tebow, who sees maybe 10 plays a game. Urban Meyer is hardly a players' coach. The players don't rally around him either. That's fine, so long as we win - that's the whole point.

When LSU had the lead, The Swamp was SILENT. Completely silent. I heard more noise in the Orange and Blue game. The season would have been over if Brandon didn't recover the fumble on the goaline. That single play saved the season.

I like Chris Leak but he is not like Brady Quinn, Troy Smith or Matt Leinart was (for example) in the huddle. He is not much of a leader, the only emotion he shows is after a play or standing disappointed on the sideline. Leak doesn't have 'it'. Players do not rally around him, like say: Vince Young. Leak probably disagrees with half the plays Meyer calls in the first place. With that said, Leak is good enough to take this team to the National Championship with the talent around him.

I like that the student body is now supporting Leak. But the Heisman talk is ridiculous. Leak is on the sideline more than half the time in the Red Zone. He accounted for 0 touchdowns yesterday. Statistics in College Football are overrated (see Jason White) but usually a Heisman Candidate is in the game on 1st and Goal. The MVP of this team is Siler.

LaRon Landry (FS, LSU) did not have a good game. In my opinion he was the best player on the field for either team. Reggie Nelson (FS, UFL) completely outplayed him. Tebow's highlight of the year was blasting Landry in the face on the QB Draw (not the jumpshot). It should be a highlight seen over-and-over again. Just like LenDale White running Michael Huff over in the Rose Bowl. Certain plays come to define a player.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I think it was 6 years ago, the BCS took out 'margin of victory' from the system. So yes, a win is a win. The BCS got that one right.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
please somebody name 10 teams better than USC.
*random placements*
1.Ohio State
2.Michigan
3.Louisville
4.Texas
5.Florida
6.Tennessee
7.California
8.Notre Dame
9.West Virginia
10.Clemson --pushing it but still better
11. MAYBE USC :twisted:
Argue all you want but I think (from this point in the season) that those 10 teams could beat USC.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
CED,
They took it out after the 2003 fiasco that allowed a bogus OU team into the Sugar after getting blown out in the Big 12 title game.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
About that whole "best team on that field on that day"...

After watching my beloved Miami Hurricanes get turned into a shell of their former selves by the lovable Larry Coker these last 4 years - I WILL NOT listen to any of that talk.
Because that is the thought process that, today, allows Miami fans to be all bright and happy over a 27-7 win over UNC - one of THE worst 5 teams in Div 1 that got azz-reamed by FURMAN to the tune of 42 points. Yet - I digress (before my blood pressure rises much higher :aargh:).

That's the same thought process most of us had after we beat the tar outta the Gators in the '05 Peach Bowl (a coach-less Gator team nonetheless - but it was still fun).

You have to have perspective on the "best team..." line of thought. Or - you end up giving Larry Coker an extension and your football team ends up being a piece of crap for the next decade.
(Are you listening to me LSU???????? This is where you are headed to by 2008 - mark it down. You'll be back in the Peach this year - and then in the Music City bowl in '08 SCREAMING to get Miles fired.)

SC IS NOT the same team they were the last few years.
Yeah - I get that every team can't have a run like they had every year (and Miami had in '00 to '02).
I'm just saying it so I can call CED out for rooting for 2 teams. And - just to say that the Gators haven't beaten the Canes since 1985.
(Yeah - I know you guys are the best team in the state this year. And, if we don't get rid of Coker, you'll beat the tar out of us in the Swamp in '08. But - it's still fun to say.)

Speaking of - CED, when are you gonna put up some more hot avatar pics of your cute azz???
:pose:

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
About that whole "best team on that field on that day"...

After watching my beloved Miami Hurricanes get turned into a shell of their former selves by the lovable Larry Coker these last 4 years - I WILL NOT listen to any of that talk.
Because that is the thought process that, today, allows Miami fans to be all bright and happy over a 27-7 win over UNC - one of THE worst 5 teams in Div 1 that got azz-reamed by FURMAN to the tune of 42 points. Yet - I digress (before my blood pressure rises much higher :aargh:).

You have to have perspective on the "best team..." line of thought. Or - you end up giving Larry Coker an extension and your football team ends up being a piece of crap for the next decade.
Personally I dont know of many Miami fans that are raving over the 27-7 over UNC. I have a group of friends all from Miami and they only except a natl title and nothing else. After the FSU loss they said the season was over because now they will fall short of the best.

I dont think the thought of "best team on that field on that day" gives Coker or Miles any excuses. I think getting the team ready to play has a lot to do with the coaching staff. While it's up to the players to execute on the field, it's up to the coaches to milk every ounce of potential out of the players.

I'll take my gators for example, I've heard that when the players go out to the campus dinning places, leak tends to sit alone by himself away from the team. The coach needs to tell leak weather he likes it or not that he better be the leader of this team.

Kris that top 10 list is pretty ugly there, I'm no USC fan by any means but at least give them the credit they deserve. My bias is pro SEC anti Big Ten (the most overrated conference year in and year out)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
SC IS NOT the same team they were the last few years.
Yeah - I get that every team can't have a run like they had every year (and Miami had in '00 to '02).
I'm just saying it so I can call CED out for rooting for 2 teams. And - just to say that the Gators haven't beaten the Canes since 1985.
Southern California can't be the same team... The QB has played 5 games and the RBs have never started. But again, we are midseason and undefeated. They sure looked like the same team in Week I. But We are not the same team, we are a different team. Probably not a better team (considering 04,05 were among the best in history).

JMH, come on now, to point that out is like me saying that Miami is not the same team as in 2001. The standard set by Miami01 and USC04 is completely impossible to achieve for 1st year starters. By experience alone, USC can't be the same team, even if the talent level is there (Carroll says it is). The argument can be made every single year. Texas is not the same team (Vince Young leaves), USC is not the same team (Leinart leaves).. when the QB goes the pros it affects every single snap. Next year we will hear that Ohio State is not the same team.

I'm actually completely unfamiliar with Gator Football history. I generally disliked Florida football. I liked FSU and Anquan Boldin. Peter Warrick was the single best player I ever saw play. I know the Gators won something in 1996, there are still commercials on TV about that. I know that this town wants Danny Wuerffel or Rex Grossman as the QB still. They want either a White devout Christian good guy. Or a White devout party boy animal house cokehead. Quite the antithesis. Tim Tebow is the guy-after-the-guy and resembles the former, Danny Wuerffel. I like Gator Football but mainly I like certain players that I know personally... Whereas, I like the entire USC program.

in other news, we aren't we talking about Chad Henne for Heisman? If undefeated Michigan beats Ohio State, I think we have a winner. Henne, not Hart. But if Notre Dame (somehow) beats USC and Michigan and Ohio State lose (won't happen). Quinn wins it, default.

more other news: I just won a Lofa Tatapu USC Jersey on ebay. USC and myself just keep winning.

fight on

Last edited:
CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Argue all you want but I think (from this point in the season) that those 10 teams could beat USC.
not going to argue, but if those teams are truly better than USC they 'should' or 'will' (not could) beat USC.

any team can beat any team. Penn State or Miami could beat Ohio State, that still doesn't put them anywhere near the top 10.

I'm being realistic, I like USC at #4.
AP will have them #3 tomorrow I believe.

in my mind: Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, USC...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I dont think the thought of "best team on that field on that day" gives Coker or Miles any excuses.

I'll take my gators for example, I've heard that when the players go out to the campus dinning places, leak tends to sit alone by himself away from the team. The coach needs to tell leak weather he likes it or not that he better be the leader of this team.
I don't know what I think of Miles.

I tend to point a finger at JaMarcus Russell being garbage in big games.

Early Doucett (WR, LSU) can play. He is tremendous. Minus the safety, can't overlook that, he was dominant. He is better than Skyler Green and will be better than Josh Reed and Marc Clayton. He is the best player on their offense by far.

So why then does Les Miles have him as a kickoff returner? That's completely stupid.

You are right, Leak is 'disconnected' from the team. But he is really close with Dallas Baker, Caldwell, Casey, the O-Line and others leftover from 2002 (Meyer cut a lot of his friends). Leak never goes out in Gainesville (another reason people do not like him, see Rex Grossman). Even girls think he is a racist.

It's a bullsh1t sitaution for him, 3 different coaches in his career, a campus who wishes his skin was a different color, the Ron Zook flop rebuilding era, Rex Grossman withdrawl and now a freshman QB who takes his snaps. He should have gone to Iowa. All he can do is ignore everyone and try to get it done with a the handful (probably only 4-5 teammates) that believe in him. He probably likes playing on the road more than in BHG@FF.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
He should have went to UT, CED. I think he'd be on top of the world in Knoxville w/ Cutcliff back this year.

I tell you what you need to know about Miles - he's an idiot. They'd have lost to Auburn last year if AU didn't pull an FSU and miss like 8 field goals.
But - they beat a bad Miami team in the Peach and all is well.
(Can't see the forest for the trees.)

Gators - a quick perusal of Miami forums will show threads upon threads of "this team is turning around", "when we win the ACC", blah blah blah. Bunch of morons.
I'm really excited about Baby J, Sam Shields, and a couple of O-lineman - but I can't get all that excited becuase they are coached by Coker and could possibly be Cokerized.

Man - I just want my Miami football back.

BTW - I've given up on this contest - I'm trying to go completely defeated until the Mich-OSU* game (in which I'll pick Big Blue and ole Lloyd Carr will exercise the demons of Tressel and win the big game to put UMich in the Fiesta).

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
He should have went to UT, CED. I think he'd be on top of the world in Knoxville w/ Cutcliff back this year.
His brother actually went to Tennessee. CJ Leak. He was QB who transfered from Wake Forest (2002). He backed up Casey Clausen and James Banks. CJ Leak never threw a pass as a Vol. He was converted to Tight End in his senior season and never played... By then Fulmer and Erik Ainge were sleeping with eachother.

Chris wanted no part of Rocky Top. He looked a USC, Texas, Iowa, FSU and Florida. He probably would have started over Chris Rix at FSU. Mack Brown didn't really have interest in him. He would have backed up Palmer, Leinart and probably JDB at USC. Iowa should have been his home.