sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Congratulations on your progress.

There are a lot of considerations for why you may be stuck or that your progress has slowed down.

One major thing is that the leaner someone gets, usually the harder it is to get any leaner. For example, its normally easier to go from 30% to 25% than 15% to 10%.

Some people say that cheat days/meals stall them out; for me, they're critical because my weight loss will stall out without them. But they're not for everyone - one has to make sure they can do them and then get back to the diet without it making them fall off the wagon haha.

For me, I have a tendency to go too low on my calories when dieting bc I'm impatient, and I've learned over the years that when I increase them for a week or two, I'll see more fat loss and then be back to losing when I decrease them again.

There are a lot of methods that someone can use, but the biggest thing is that different things work different for different people.

I've kind of went back to being old school with this now days myself. Over the years, I've tried different diets and methods and things that a lot of people say works for them, and a lot of it just never works for me the way it seems to for other people. Like fasting for example - I know it works for some people and some people say they feel better, but I feel like crap and tend to lose muscle, which then makes me feel worse about myself.

I had lost a lot of muscle and gained a lot of fat after my accident in 2022 and this year I had started cleaning my diet up back in Feb. and lost 40 lbs. from Feb. to June, which I was very happy with considering that I couldn't train at all or even do any cardio during that period. I wasn't dieting strict, I had just cleaned my diet up and was using a lot of fat loss supplements.

I was able to start back working out in June but having to be very careful to ease back into it. My weight loss had stalled out to a degree anyway, so I had switched my focus back to trying to build muscle back and just at least not gain any fat. Since then, I've managed to put back on around 25 lbs. and decrease my waistline by between a quarter and half an inch, so I've been super happy with that.

Week before last, I started back trying to lose fat again because even though I lost a lot earlier this year, I'm still nowhere near I wanted to be.

For me, what works best is the old school 4 to 6 meals per day - high protein, low carb, low to moderate fat approach. It's not the best for performance or feeling great, but its the best for me for fat loss and it helps me get the results that I want as quickly as possible. Even if its not something to stick with for everyone, some will find it's a good way to shock their system into losing or losing again.

I take 1, sometimes 2 cheat meals per week - typically Friday and Saturday night. I used to worry about them but over the years I've found I do much better when I do take them than when I don't.

Supplement wise - the fat loss supplement part of my regimen is Lean Edge (2 caps 3x per day), Reduce XT (1 cap 3x per day), Thermo Scorch (3 caps in the morning), and LipoVantage (3 caps at night).

I hope some of this helps.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
went from 263 to 211 and i am STUCK! any tips supps etc?
Diet will be the key to unstucking yourself! Gradually start increasing calories until you see the scale start to move. Supps can help but diet will be the biggest impact.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The issue could me many things, but since you've already lost 52 lbs, then maybe you have been cutting a bit too long without a (short) maintenance phase?

This lecture by Mike might have some beneficial insight.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Congratulations on your progress.

There are a lot of considerations for why you may be stuck or that your progress has slowed down.

One major thing is that the leaner someone gets, usually the harder it is to get any leaner. For example, its normally easier to go from 30% to 25% than 15% to 10%.

Some people say that cheat days/meals stall them out; for me, they're critical because my weight loss will stall out without them. But they're not for everyone - one has to make sure they can do them and then get back to the diet without it making them fall off the wagon haha.

For me, I have a tendency to go too low on my calories when dieting bc I'm impatient, and I've learned over the years that when I increase them for a week or two, I'll see more fat loss and then be back to losing when I decrease them again.

There are a lot of methods that someone can use, but the biggest thing is that different things work different for different people.

I've kind of went back to being old school with this now days myself. Over the years, I've tried different diets and methods and things that a lot of people say works for them, and a lot of it just never works for me the way it seems to for other people. Like fasting for example - I know it works for some people and some people say they feel better, but I feel like crap and tend to lose muscle, which then makes me feel worse about myself.

I had lost a lot of muscle and gained a lot of fat after my accident in 2022 and this year I had started cleaning my diet up back in Feb. and lost 40 lbs. from Feb. to June, which I was very happy with considering that I couldn't train at all or even do any cardio during that period. I wasn't dieting strict, I had just cleaned my diet up and was using a lot of fat loss supplements.

I was able to start back working out in June but having to be very careful to ease back into it. My weight loss had stalled out to a degree anyway, so I had switched my focus back to trying to build muscle back and just at least not gain any fat. Since then, I've managed to put back on around 25 lbs. and decrease my waistline by between a quarter and half an inch, so I've been super happy with that.

Week before last, I started back trying to lose fat again because even though I lost a lot earlier this year, I'm still nowhere near I wanted to be.

For me, what works best is the old school 4 to 6 meals per day - high protein, low carb, low to moderate fat approach. It's not the best for performance or feeling great, but its the best for me for fat loss and it helps me get the results that I want as quickly as possible. Even if its not something to stick with for everyone, some will find it's a good way to shock their system into losing or losing again.

I take 1, sometimes 2 cheat meals per week - typically Friday and Saturday night. I used to worry about them but over the years I've found I do much better when I do take them than when I don't.

Supplement wise - the fat loss supplement part of my regimen is Lean Edge (2 caps 3x per day), Reduce XT (1 cap 3x per day), Thermo Scorch (3 caps in the morning), and LipoVantage (3 caps at night).

I hope some of this helps.
How much of a deficit do you go with throughout the week? And how big of a cheat meal are you doing?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How much of a deficit do you go with throughout the week? And how big of a cheat meal are you doing?
I don't talk a lot about my diet on here because I don't do things that way that most people on here do. I've tried a lot of different things over the years, and that's one big difference this time is that after the accident, I kind of view this as my last chance to really get into better shape again and I'm not experimenting anymore, I'm going back to what works best for me.

I do not like to do prolonged dieting bc I have a hard time sticking with it. Feb. to June of this year I had lost 40 lbs. and I wasn't so much strictly dieting as just cleaning things up some.

Right now, I'm in the middle of a 20 week run on Anabolic XT, Anabolic Effect, Phosphatidic Acid XT, Pepti-Plex, and Recomp20. I wasn't as lean as I wanted to be when I started, but I was anxious to try to build back muscle so I had started out focusing on that and then had planned a quick cut during the middle of it to try to drop as much fat as possible and then start back to focus on building again.

I never track calories. I'm kind of OCD and if I track calories, I focus too much on that and it becomes all consuming and just not good for me mentally. But my quick cut is low carb, high protein - like the old school way, not so much what people call keto now days because I don't intentionally do high fat. I do eat some fats, but only intentionally twice per day so I can have some food on my stomach to take my vitamins with.

Right now, for the quick cut, my goal is around 300 grams of protein per day which would be 1,200 calories plus probably another 200 calories of incidentals - like minimal carbs and fat in the shakes and the almond milk. Then probably another 400 calories per day from fats.

On the weekend, the goal is to take 2 cheat meals and eat whatever I want. I do not hold back on my cheat meals. A lot of people on here strict about their diets would probably fall out if they saw my cheat meals haha. This past weekend, it was 10 cheesesticks and a pizza. But I've found that I actually do better when I do make myself have my cheat meals than when I don't - I'm less likely to mess up on my diet throughout the week and I also do normally notice that it helps keep my weight loss from stalling out.