Strength for cricket

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cricket is a sport that involves muscular strength, muscular endurance, endurance and power.
I need some help making a pre season strength routine for adding basic muscular strength. I am not looking to add or gain mass, but simply increase functional strength.
I have been doing kettlebell routines but feel I have gained nothing.
Any help would be appreciated. Zired if you read this please chime in too.
Background:
5ft 11
167lbs

Thanks

crux

Awards
Explosive compound movements are your key. Power Cleans and Hang Cleans, deadlifts and romanian deads, Squats, presses etc. Core work will be crucial as well. Don't waste a ton of time on isolation exercises. Agility and speed training on off days. Use youtube and this forum to research perfect form on each exercise. Others can chime in on rep ranges and diet.

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
try throwing in some complexes with above exercises..string like 4 or 5 of'em together - maybe 1 exercise at bodyweight only to give yourself a little 'break'

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Explosive compound movements are your key. Power Cleans and Hang Cleans, deadlifts and romanian deads, Squats, presses etc. Core work will be crucial as well. Don't waste a ton of time on isolation exercises. Agility and speed training on off days. Use youtube and this forum to research perfect form on each exercise. Others can chime in on rep ranges and diet.
Thanks man.
I have quick good quad strength and power but I have QUADS not legs lol
Meaning: I need improve hamstring and glute activation.

I run hard like 9 km in 35mins 4 times a week. So speed work is taken care of.
Appreciate both feedbacks so far!!!!

Thanks gents