Strange arm feeling

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

Yesterday i did a bicep/tricep high volume training ( Bodybuilding.com - Kris Gethin's Muscle-Building Trainer, Day 82 ) and everything went fine on the workout.

However, a couple hours later, when i was working at the computer, i had my arm at about 90º and when i tried to stretch it i couldn´t. I mean, i could but i had to do an extra strength. It seems it was stucked. At the same time i tried to stretch it, the brachioradial "rised up". Then suddently, the arm stops getting "stuck" and i can stretch it. It happened 5 or 6 times. Then it was ok but i feel a slightly weird sensation on that zone for a couple of hours more.

It feels like a trigger finger (which in fact i have in the right little finger and i suspect the cause being working a lot at the computer) but in the elbow zone.

Anyone have any ideia why did this happened?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is it like a muscle cramp? I get those right in my upper forearm after back/bicep workouts sometimes.

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
I get the same thing if I don't cool down or stretch enough after an intense bicep day.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
You overworked it and the muscles tightened up. Is it painful when trying to stretch it? if it doesn't hurt yet, it will.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
Hey, Yesterday i did a bicep/tricep high volume training ( Bodybuilding.com - Kris Gethin's Muscle-Building Trainer, Day 82 ) and everything went fine on the workout. However, a couple hours later, when i was working at the computer, i had my arm at about 90º and when i tried to stretch it i couldn´t. I mean, i could but i had to do an extra strength. It seems it was stucked. At the same time i tried to stretch it, the brachioradial "rised up". Then suddently, the arm stops getting "stuck" and i can stretch it. It happened 5 or 6 times. Then it was ok but i feel a slightly weird sensation on that zone for a couple of hours more. It feels like a trigger finger (which in fact i have in the right little finger and i suspect the cause being working a lot at the computer) but in the elbow zone. Anyone have any ideia why did this happened?
I would put it down to a simple cramp- nothing to be concerned about at all. The high volume workout had developed a level of muscle fatigue- and what you have described sounds consistent with a theory of exercise induced muscle cramps. In simple terms, at the peripheral muscle receptor the fatigue causes a disruption which leads to increased excitatory afferent activity within the muscle spindle and reduced inhibitory afferent activity within the Golgi tendon organ which produces the spontaneous contraction you described.

jwstoick

Awards
Hey,

Yesterday i did a bicep/tricep high volume training ( Bodybuilding.com - Kris Gethin's Muscle-Building Trainer, Day 82 ) and everything went fine on the workout.

However, a couple hours later, when i was working at the computer, i had my arm at about 90º and when i tried to stretch it i couldn´t. I mean, i could but i had to do an extra strength. It seems it was stucked. At the same time i tried to stretch it, the brachioradial "rised up". Then suddently, the arm stops getting "stuck" and i can stretch it. It happened 5 or 6 times. Then it was ok but i feel a slightly weird sensation on that zone for a couple of hours more.

It feels like a trigger finger (which in fact i have in the right little finger and i suspect the cause being working a lot at the computer) but in the elbow zone.

Anyone have any ideia why did this happened?
How did you like this program? I want to try it but it only hits things once a week which I'm unsure of

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Hey, i really liked it.

It´s an intense program and some weeks are very demanding concerning aerobic capacity.

It isn´t a boring program since it changes very often. It´s a nice way to try some different programs to see what you like more and what you body responses better to.

jwstoick

Awards
Hey, i really liked it.

It´s an intense program and some weeks are very demanding concerning aerobic capacity.

It isn´t a boring program since it changes very often. It´s a nice way to try some different programs to see what you like more and what you body responses better to.
Did you make noticble gains at all? Did you ever feel like you weren't doing enough only hitting things once a week?

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
About gains it´s difficult to say. I´m 35yo and i workout for more than 5 years, so i can´t expect much gains in 3 months.

Most of the time, i only workout things once a week (chest is an exception because it´s underdeveloped) so i didn´t notice any disadvantage concerning that.

For me, the best thing about this workout it´s really the diversity of exercices and "sub-workouts" so you target the muscles in almost every possible way.