"Stimulant Break" Necessary, Science or BroScience?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll listen to Synapsin and Mr.Cooper69, thanks. They have brains. I don't know about Joe Rogan.....I just never thought of that guy as "Smart".
Can't really believe everything Joe Rogan says, some of his guests and some of the things Rogan says clearly demonstrate that they are off their rockers.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Can't really believe everything Joe Rogan says, some of his guests and some of the things Rogan says clearly demonstrate that they are off their rockers.
Wait wut? are you saying Joe Rogan is not the go to guy for science backed radio.....my world will never be the same. :sly:

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait wut? are you saying Joe Rogan is not the go to guy for science backed radio.....my world will never be the same. :sly:
Bwah ha ha ha. I consider him a pseudo-science-hippie tbh.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I was making a list of terms that get misused the most on exercise forums, "adrenal fatigue" would probably only be topped by "synergy" and "overtraining"

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Hello Horizons, The answer to your question is yes taking 1 week off a month from taking a break from stimulants. What happens is the body becomes so immune to the stimulants from caffeine or caffeine containing pre-workouts that they essentially stop working due to the adrenal glands working overtime & the fact it can damage your adrenal glands by literally blowing them out. Also, if you need a product to get your adrenal glands back to normal a must look into product from CTDLABS is Adrenal Reset this will help your adrenal glands back to normal as well as build your immune system, cheers :)
Thanks for clearing everything up :blink: literally?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool thread, except the adrenal fatigue rubbish.

whyteboi

Awards
I didn't think adrenal fatigue was real until I started napping 2 hours after taking 2 scoops of alphamine, or 1 hour after 25mg ephedrine recently on my 5 month non-stop use of stims

Have a hard time coming to terms with napping after such powerful stims to just be 'tolerance' related

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Symptoms were exhaustion at end of day, sleeplessness, hangover like headaches in the morning. I would drink a Monster and feel tired 30 minutes later. I simply felt awful. So I stared weaning off the caffeine, and voila, I started feeling better.

So adrenal fatigue is a hoax? Well tell me how someone can drink two Monsters in 15 minutes and be taking a nap an hour later.
By upregulation of CYP enzymes and depletion of various NTs plus downregulation of DA receptors. Not because of adrenal fatigue, which is known as Addison's disease. Read the whole thread

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
isnt there some long term negative effects of long term stimulant use?

also anyone feel like mentaly slow once the preworkout wears off?

turff49

turff49

Awards
isnt there some long term negative effects of long term stimulant use? also anyone feel like mentaly slow once the preworkout wears off?
I think it depends on what we call the "stimulant". If talking caffeine then I think the answer is really no. People have been drinking coffee forever. But couple in the other ingredients and sweeteners and then the answer gets a little more complicated.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mr. Cooper, Would taking tyrosine or anything else help prevent any of those things you first mentioned?

Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards
Symptoms were exhaustion at end of day, sleeplessness, hangover like headaches in the morning. I would drink a Monster and feel tired 30 minutes later. I simply felt awful. So I stared weaning off the caffeine, and voila, I started feeling better. So adrenal fatigue is a hoax? Well tell me how someone can drink two Monsters in 15 minutes and be taking a nap an hour later.
Lol oh well that must be adrenal fatigue... No other explanation..

Not srs

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
I repeatedly see threads talking about "Stim Breaks". People in these threads are always saying how your adrenal glands can be burned out if you stay on stimulants too long. Is this actually true?. What is the point of a stimulant break besides to lower tolerance so you can lower your dosage and save money by getting the effect from a lower dosage?. Why not just switch products or stimulant types?. Wouldn't this accomplish the same thing?. I mean I'm a lifelong coffee drinker. I don't cycle my coffee or take a break and start drinking decaf. Really I don't know any lifelong coffee drinker that does such a thing. The thought of it is absolutely ludicrous. Please put this "Stimulant Break" THEORY to bed, or prove that it absolutely without a doubt is necessary for continued health. Somehow I doubt that your adrenal glands can actually be "burned out".
Everything too much can harm you man
Doesn't take science to know that just
Good ol common sense

If too much water in one day can kill you
You thinks it's completely safe to drink
2 cups of coffee a day and NO Explode
Preworkout long term ??

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
By upregulation of CYP enzymes and depletion of various NTs plus downregulation of DA receptors. Not because of adrenal fatigue, which is known as Addison's disease. Read the whole thread
This is the best answer. So people are not feeling symptoms that are not there they are simply due to reasons other then the supposed "adrenal fatigue."

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Everything too much can harm you man
Doesn't take science to know that just
Good ol common sense

If too much water in one day can kill you
You thinks it's completely safe to drink
2 cups of coffee a day and NO Explode
Preworkout long term ??
It wouldnt if you have adapted to that level of use

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I thinks its safe. Nothing wrong with coffee daily. Some might even say it's beneficial. I don't know about NO Explode though...People still actually use that stuff?