Stimul8ing myself

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I experienced this same appetite suppression but it only lasts a few hours after workout ended. Had to force myself to eat to make sure the daily macro content was met. Stimul8 - ordered that special from NP. What a deal!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Some loggers have commented on appetite suppression. It hasn't been an overwhelming point of feedback but it has come up a few times.
Good to know I'm digging it

surely, Stimul8 will have a bearing on appetite suppression...it is formulated along the same lines as our PX BLACK, which gets a ton of confirmed feedback for that exact benefit holy shyte on that meal tho brah, good grief :bigeyes:
Thanks for the input :).
The meal was funny. That day I woke late and all I had with me was chicken and bell peppers so believe it or not I structured that meal to almost hit all macros and cals. It was also influenced from your gigantic portions in your thread lol. All was GF which I respond way better to so I wasn't even bloated. Def not part of the normal plan tho

I experienced this same appetite suppression but it only lasts a few hours after workout ended. Had to force myself to eat to make sure the daily macro content was met. Stimul8 - ordered that special from NP. What a deal!
Awesome! Glad to hear it buddy

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Another thing. I'm kinda bored with this form of dieting. Basically I'm maintaining weight with the following macros
285/225/70

I was thinking of going back to carb cycling for the fact I want to tighten up a bit. Any ideas considering how to go about it with my current layout

Legs
Push
Pull
Off
Repeat

Thanks yall

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It was also influenced from your gigantic portions in your thread lol.
yeah but not even my portions are THAT ginormous, sheesh!

I was thinking of going back to carb cycling for the fact I want to tighten up a bit. Any ideas considering how to go about it with my current layout
I like the carb rotation for you, sure..
as for matching it up with your training: meh, I really wouldn't worry about that, not gonna be a game-changer at all bud
now, if you want to have a higher carb day on say leg day or something, sure go for it, but truly man we are splitting hairs here

if it makes you feel better intellectually, run a 4-day carb split, low/mid/mid/high for example, based around those training days with legs being the high day

:shrug:

lots of things you can do, just don't get sidetracked by the small inconsequential things would be my biggest .02 for you

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
surely, Stimul8 will have a bearing on appetite suppression...it is formulated along the same lines as our PX BLACK, which gets a ton of confirmed feedback for that exact benefit

holy shyte on that meal tho brah, good grief :bigeyes:
Just mentioned this in my log, before reading the updates here. Thanks for confirming.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
yeah but not even my portions are THAT ginormous, sheesh! I like the carb rotation for you, sure.. as for matching it up with your training: meh, I really wouldn't worry about that, not gonna be a game-changer at all bud now, if you want to have a higher carb day on say leg day or something, sure go for it, but truly man we are splitting hairs here if it makes you feel better intellectually, run a 4-day carb split, low/mid/mid/high for example, based around those training days with legs being the high day :shrug: lots of things you can do, just don't get sidetracked by the small inconsequential things would be my biggest .02 for you
I like this and it's actually right along the lines I was thinking. I'm used to a 5 low 2 high with a clean, refeed meal on a low day.

I'm thinking
Low- 90-100
Mid - 150
High - 275

Fats and protein stay constant. I'll play around with this

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That was a crazy meal you had there! Carb cycling will do you well. As far as big carb days I like them on or the day before my leg day. When they are the day before I typically have a better lift the next day but that is more my preference due to working out fasted in the morning. Not being able to eat carbs for energy during the day before training makes having more glycogen stored important for performance. Not such a big deal when training later because you can eat carbs pre workout for energy even on a lower carb day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like this and it's actually right along the lines I was thinking. I'm used to a 5 low 2 high with a clean, refeed meal on a low day.

I'm thinking
Low- 90-100
Mid - 150
High - 275

Fats and protein stay constant. I'll play around with this
It's a good place to start!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for some bean5er Stimul8ion!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Push Day

1scoop today wahoo sweat was unreal and felt like I could go for hours :)

Incline BP
3x6

Flat BP
3x6
Drop
1xFailure

Cable cross SS Push up
3 sets to failure

BB Front Press
3x6

Heavy DB Swings
3x20
Last set was a triple drop

Tricep machine
3x8

Bent over Rope Ext
3x10

Dips these kill my left shoulder so I stopped after 1 set

15 min stairs HIIT 45/45

Boom I focking love this stuff

That is all

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Good Chest/Tri split bean!
Thank you bud

Today was Pull Day

Dosed one scoop today and loving the Thermo effect followed by chills. Sweated my ass off

Warmup 7 mins

Sumo Deads
1x15
1x10
2x6
1x4 PR 375

T Bar
3x8

Hammer Strength High Row
3x8

Bb shrugs
3x10

Face Pulls SS Bent over Rev raises
3x10//3x20

Preacher Curl machine
3x8

DB Hammer curls
3x9

Drag curls
3x10

10 mins HIIT

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Well off day today. I did something to my shoulder yesterday which was a pull day. :confused:

It's the worst this shoulder has ever bothered me. Didn't sleep all that well. The pain is right where the trap goes into the delt area. Actually hurts to push on the bone right there. Very confused to be honest. Gonna feel out all my upper body workouts. Kind of frustrated as I usually hurt it on chest days if anything.

Any ideas or experience. Should I use ice or heat or both?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Also when I test my ROM I can feel it popping I'm there. I've never been able to do front raises of any sort. The motion that hurts the worst right now is when the arm is bent and lifting my gal water jug to mouth to drink.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well off day today. I did something to my shoulder yesterday which was a pull day. :confused: It's the worst this shoulder has ever bothered me. Didn't sleep all that well. The pain is right where the trap goes into the delt area. Actually hurts to push on the bone right there. Very confused to be honest. Gonna feel out all my upper body workouts. Kind of frustrated as I usually hurt it on chest days if anything. Any ideas or experience. Should I use ice or heat or both?
AC joint homosaxophone. Same crap I'm dealing with. That would be my guess. OHP motions are fine but lat raises are not? Describe what makes it hurt.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also when I test my ROM I can feel it popping I'm there. I've never been able to do front raises of any sort. The motion that hurts the worst right now is when the arm is bent and lifting my gal water jug to mouth to drink.
Yup, AC joint. You're fukked for weeks. Ice, rest, ibuprofen 800mg 3x daily.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
try a warm compress and a little deep tissue massage

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had that for a little bit from the extra stress on the tendon while doing Heavy DB Swing Partials. I did some icing it post workout and massaged it myself while it was warm from working out or after using a heating pad.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
AC joint homosaxophone. Same crap I'm dealing with. That would be my guess. OHP motions are fine but lat raises are not? Describe what makes it hurt.
Well I didn't ask you to call me names. I do have ghey tendencies but I've never played a saxophone I'm my life!

Yup, AC joint. You're fukked for weeks. Ice, rest, ibuprofen 800mg 3x daily.
Lol well that makes me feel great. Rest meaning what exactly ?

try a warm compress and a little deep tissue massage
Will do

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive delt with an AC joint issue since I was 18...no fun. Seperated it during football and it never healed right. My only advice is get it taken care of

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I didn't ask you to call me names. I do have ghey tendencies but I've never played a saxophone I'm my life! Lol well that makes me feel great. Rest meaning what exactly ? Will do
Sorry to make it seem bleak, but here's what the doc told me. AC joint is a "sprain". The level of the sprain is determined by how far the ligament has stretched and how far out of normal alignment the shoulder is. It never really "heals", as is the case with Danielsan, it just "feels better" over time. As far as rest goes, dude told me ice, no lifting, and 800mg ibuprofen 3x daily for a week and to go back in for X-rays on the 7th to determine the level of the sprain (1-3, 3 being the worst). Now, if it's torn, being that it's a ligament, it would require surgical repair. Judging by what you've already listed, symptomatically, I'd say it's a sprain and not a tear. A tear would render the shoulder useless and the deformity would be impossible to miss (your shoulder would drop as if your collarbone was broken).

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to make it seem bleak, but here's what the doc told me. AC joint is a "sprain". The level of the sprain is determined by how far the ligament has stretched and how far out of normal alignment the shoulder is. It never really "heals", as is the case with Danielsan, it just "feels better" over time. As far as rest goes, dude told me ice, no lifting, and 800mg ibuprofen 3x daily for a week and to go back in for X-rays on the 7th to determine the level of the sprain (1-3, 3 being the worst). Now, if it's torn, being that it's a ligament, it would require surgical repair. Judging by what you've already listed, symptomatically, I'd say it's a sprain and not a tear. A tear would render the shoulder useless and the deformity would be impossible to miss (your shoulder would drop as if your collarbone was broken).
Talked to a PT at my gym (doctorate holder) about my wife's and he said it sounds like a labrum tear.

The clicking/popping along with the pain through certain movements (and none through others) but he also said its impossible to know without an MRI.

So, yeah. Worst case scenario (for both of you, and my wife) = labrum tear.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to read the bad news. Lets hope you pull an Adrian Peterson and just heal up like a freak!

Awards
  • Established
Any notable sides from the Rauwolscine Bean?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
yeah I dunno what para was thinking, sheesh..some ppl :rolleyes: you're an accomplished skin flute player, of course he ain't cap'n jack, he's cap'n black damn downer
Skin flute, now we are talking my language.
Finally someone who understands me lol.

Sorry to read the bad news. Lets hope you pull an Adrian Peterson and just heal up like a freak!
Haha dude is a freak for sure. Thank you sir!

Any notable sides from the Rauwolscine Bean?
No sir. Very pleased with this stuff.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Okay good news and bad news. I'll do the bad first. Second time I've gotten a headache at 1 scoop so it's back to .75 scoops tomorrow.

Good news is my shoulder feels a bit better today. Still hurts BUT I was worried about squats this am and tbh I only went up to 275 for box squats but no real pain with the weight up there. I have a hunch as to how or why this happened on a pull day. Since I started doing DL (in June) I've always used a double overhand grip, well Sunday (heavy day) I was playing around with having my left hand under and right have over. I'm thinking the combo of going heavier than I've ever gone and having my left hand in a position it's never really been in was enough to tweak it.

Thoughts?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
On to my workout

Leg day (hypertrophy)

BB Box squats
3x12

Leg Press feet close (quad focus)
1x20
2x15
1x12
Followed by stripping one plate off till I got down to only a couple plates per side. Huge pump lol

RDL
3x10

Leg Ext
3x12

Calves seated 5x20

Glute machine
3x12

Notes-

As I stated above post, this was the second day I had a headache after dosing 1 scoop. Granted it was leg day. I've often thought of going stim free on leg days as my HR is usually very high on these days.

Tbh honest I really don't see any benefit for ME to go any higher than .75 scoop so that is what I'll do. Might even try half scoop to compare.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used 3/4 scoop in my beta test of it.

Stimul8 is strong....

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Full scoop is too much for me right now. I haven't experienced a headache, but I definitely wanted to puke on leg day.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Today dosed .75 scoop. No headache, great thermo and phenomenal focus. Really liking the focus this product brings. Everything about this is smooth considering how strong this formula really is. I've used two products in the past (lit up and Muscle Marinade) that hit hard and fast but literally cracked me out then a huge crash. Stimul8 comes on smooth and slowly goes away after a few hours. General sense of well being is great as well.

Push day today.

Was supposed to be a heavy day but I think those are going to go away for a while considering my shoulder. I've decided to work around this shoulder issue just like I did in prep. I started implementing Simple 6 warmup routine.

Inc BB BP
3x12

Incline DB press
Shut these down after two sets absolutely lit my shoulder on fire :confused:

Pec deck focusing on big stretch and not rolling shoulders forward to complete movement. So basically a 3/4 rep
4x12

Low cable cross
4x12/12/10/8

Modified Shoulder Press
3x12

DB lateral raise tempo was 2/2/2
3x12

Tricep machine
6x12/12/12/10/10/8

12 min HIIT stairs

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You may want to try a little closer grip on your incline bench if you are going to try to do them. Closing the grip in takes a lot of the stress off of the shoulder.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
You may want to try a little closer grip on your incline bench if you are going to try to do them. Closing the grip in takes a lot of the stress off of the shoulder.
Tried that and actually incl bb doesn't really bother it too bad. DBs however hurt bad. I don't really get that

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried that and actually incl bb doesn't really bother it too bad. DBs however hurt bad. I don't really get that
Strange strange. I tweaked my db incline form. Instead of just laying back and starting I'll lay back then pull my shoulder blades together. I always do this with flat bb bench but never thought to with db incline. The stretch is astounding and it takes more pressure off my shoulder as well.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Strange strange. I tweaked my db incline form. Instead of just laying back and starting I'll lay back then pull my shoulder blades together. I always do this with flat bb bench but never thought to with db incline. The stretch is astounding and it takes more pressure off my shoulder as well.
Did this as well. I always pull my shoulders back. Tried elbows In out nothing helped

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just saw the post on how you think you tweaked the shoulder. Lately when I go extra heavy on say shrugs I get the same thing. Lots of tension in the tendon and it mainly occurs with a neutral grip so yeah that might have been the culprit with underhand grip.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I just saw the post on how you think you tweaked the shoulder. Lately when I go extra heavy on say shrugs I get the same thing. Lots of tension in the tendon and it mainly occurs with a neutral grip so yeah that might have been the culprit with underhand grip.
I'm thinking this as well. I never go heavy heavy on shrugs or DL and I did both that day. Another thought is my strength skyrocketed this past summer on my little hormonal run and I'm thinking I jumped weight too quickly didn't let my body adapt.

Taking things slower now. Tweaking my routine a bit. No more heavy days. Il still keep the same split per say but I'll be focusing on more mind muscle connection instead of moving heavy shyt around. I will still push the weight and reps but I will keep reps above 6.

Any how I've been a bit busy as of late. I have 23 days till my state exam BUT my diet has been great all week. Had a very good pull day and legs are on tap tomorrow.

I am dosing my stimul8 on off days now because the appetite suppression is great along with overall sense of well being. My mod has been superb lately even with all the personal **** I have going on.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
I am dosing my stimul8 on off days now because the appetite suppression is great along with overall sense of well being. My mod has been superb lately even with all the personal **** I have going on.
How much of this are you dosing on off days?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Just a half scoop maybe a tiny bit over.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Sorry guys took a couple (3) days off to study and recoup a bit. Had a nasty headache Sunday and Monday, but got up hit legs this day feeling somewhat refreshed.

Dosed 1/2 scoop today and within ten mins those BA tingles came on and had me ready to go. Warmed up with some bike, foam rolling and stretching.

Squats BB (just below parallel)
1x15
1x12
1x12
1x10
1x7
1x5
1x3

Leg Press (quad emphasis)
3x20/18/18
Drop
1x22

Leg curls (single)
3x12

Leg Ext
3x12

SLDL
3x12

Seated calves
6x20. Varying angles

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys took a couple (3) days off to study and recoup a bit. Had a nasty headache Sunday and Monday, but got up hit legs this day feeling somewhat refreshed.

Dosed 1/2 scoop today and within ten mins those BA tingles came on and had me ready to go. Warmed up with some bike, foam rolling and stretching.

Squats BB (just below parallel)
1x15
1x12
1x12
1x10
1x7
1x5
1x3

Leg Press (quad emphasis)
3x20/18/18
Drop
1x22

Leg curls (single)
3x12

Leg Ext
3x12

SLDL
3x12

Seated calves
6x20. Varying angles
That's some good stuff right there! I don't know how you do the SLDLs at the end of your workout, especially after so many squats. But then, you ARE you, so that explains a lot right there.