Starting my shred, need training advice. Any help appreciated!

SwoldierAU

SwoldierAU

Awards
I'm currently sitting at 200lbs, 6'1, about 9-10% body fat after a 2 month bulk. Gained close to 20lbs.
I'm naturally lean and ready to start a cut, any pointers in how to train(rep range, set range, how many exercises, compound/isolation)?
I was under the impression that high reps lower weight with added super sets would be the best way to cut & maintain hard muscle.

I've calculated my calorie intake needed which is about 3200cal to start with, was having 4000cal on my bulk.
(3200cal-200g protein, 500g carbs, 105g fat)

Any helps appreciated :)

progress (800x800).jpg

81kg - 90kg. 8 weeks consistent diet & training, no alcohol, no going out, proper rest etc.

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,

Me personally, I never change my workout routine, I always maintain the same rep range and I try to maintain the same weight.

Usually at the start of my cut I will switch to a low carb diet with carb ups 1-2 times a week.

Once I noticed that my weight loss is slowing down and my strength is starting to drop I will switch to carb cycling so high, medium, low carbs days. With high carb up days being on my heaviest lifts and low carb days on off days.

I have lost 10kg following this method over 3-4 months.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

SwoldierAU

SwoldierAU

Awards
Hey bro,

Me personally, I never change my workout routine, I always maintain rep the same rep range and I try to maintain the same weight.

Usually at the start of my cut I will switch to a low carb diet with carb ups 1-2 times a week.

Once I noticed that my weight loss is slowing down and my strength is starting to drop I will switch to carb cycling so high, medium, low carbs days. With high carb up days being on my heaviest lifts and low carb days on off days.

I have lost 10kg following this method over 3-4 months.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Thanks bro, 10kg in 3-4 months is good stuff!
I'll look more into carb cycling and try it out.

Thanks for the help :)

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
I actually wouldn't change my routine either.

I have my routine setup
Chest/Tri
Back/Bi
Rest
Shoulder/Traps
Legs/Deadlift
Rest
Repeat.

And for the sets they rotate through
Heavy Set/5x5 Variation on certain exercises
Rep Range
Drop Set and Super Set
Century Set
Rep Range
Etc...

That's just me :/ I haven't incorporated Century sets yet, but I would like to.

Are you planning on naturally leaning out or with the help of designer steroids/etc...

SwoldierAU

SwoldierAU

Awards
I actually wouldn't change my routine either.

I have my routine setup
Chest/Tri
Back/Bi
Rest
Shoulder/Traps
Legs/Deadlift
Rest
Repeat.

And for the sets they rotate through
Rep Range
Drop Set and Super Set
Century Set
Rep Range
Etc...

That's just me :/ I haven't incorporated Century sets yet, but I would like to.

Are you planning on naturally leaning out or with the help of designer steroids/etc...
Thanks for the help.

No I'm doing this naturally, no steroids. Just a fat burner & the usual supps.

I was going to stay away from drop/super sets whilst in calorie deficit, but I'll give them a go and see how I feel.

My current set up is:
Chest
Back
Rest
Shoulders
Bi's/Tri's
Legs
Rest

Cheers bro

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
No need to change your routine, but technique, try to raise the intensity of your routine, throw in supersets 1 week and tri sets the next, instead of resting 1 minute,take 5 deep breaths, look into Vince Gironda, I just started using his technique and it's really good stuff,keep getting big,but looking leaner