starting a weight loss regimen

Mo250

Awards
I'm 5'9 240lbs with 20% BF

I'd like to start on a fat loss regime. The aim is to shed as much fat as possible.

any advice on the kind of meals and macros I would need to consume

cheers

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm 5'9 240lbs with 20% BF

I'd like to start on a fat loss regime. The aim is to shed as much fat as possible.

any advice on the kind of meals and macros I would need to consume

cheers
Good on you for deciding to make a change!

Macronutrient ratios differ based on the individual, and there is no "perfect" ratio to follow, so I will not give you one.

Instead, I recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - this article contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition (and supplementation - you only need the basic staples) and training for effective and successful fat loss.

If you cannot follow the principles and design something re nutrition and training for yourself from that, then I recommend getting yourself a trainer who can and will do this specifically and individually for YOU, taking into account your goals and needs.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

Mo250

Awards
thanks for the link. I appreciate all the info

in terms of calories what would constitute a "small" meal ? would it be say 300 calories?

cheers

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thanks for the link. I appreciate all the info

in terms of calories what would constitute a "small" meal ? would it be say 300 calories?

cheers
No worries :)

"Small" is going to be different for each individual, based on their Maintenance and fat loss calories, their training schedule, etc. But yes, I would say 300 calories constitutes a very small meal - even 500 calories is a small meal, really.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
keep in mind you cannot "lose fat", you lose weight, fat and lean. most of this is diet, being below your maintenance calories. log your intake at fitday.com, and adjust calories downward until you lose ~1lb/week. with time,wt loss, and blunted metabolism, your maintenace drops and you have to shed more calories for the same effect. we cannot "design" a diet, you have to log and experiment and post back here with specific questions and progress. you should have an exercise regimen too.

Mo250

Awards
ok I will come back with a diet plan. I have no problem sticking to it all the way however. As for cardio I am planning to do fasted AM cardio.