Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut :(

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I’m finally for the first time in my life putting on weight! I need some advice but my situation is more complex then most. For the past 15 years I suffered from IBS, I have lifted on and off the since I was 14 and I’m 33 now. After 15 years of struggling to put weight I finally got my IBS in remission and in the past 4 months I have went from 6’ 1” 157 to 175. I’m getting stronger then ever and bigger then ever. I can’t believe the growth and strength I’ve experienced. But my mid section is growing also, not fat but getting their. I’m really perplexed if I should stop eating so much or just keep going. My diet is about 3000 calories a lot of rice, turkey, corn chips and beef. I have to exclude a lot of foods in order to keep my gut feeling good so my diet is a challenge. I was going to bulk to around 190 and then cut a little to around 185 and see were I go from that point. Any advice would be great. I lift HST 3 times a week. Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut 

:pizza: :hot:

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
I’m finally for the first time in my life putting on weight! I need some advice but my situation is more complex then most. For the past 15 years I suffered from IBS, I have lifted on and off the since I was 14 and I’m 33 now. After 15 years of struggling to put weight I finally got my IBS in remission and in the past 4 months I have went from 6’ 1” 157 to 175. I’m getting stronger then ever and bigger then ever. I can’t believe the growth and strength I’ve experienced. But my mid section is growing also, not fat but getting their. I’m really perplexed if I should stop eating so much or just keep going. My diet is about 3000 calories a lot of rice, turkey, corn chips and beef. I have to exclude a lot of foods in order to keep my gut feeling good so my diet is a challenge. I was going to bulk to around 190 and then cut a little to around 185 and see were I go from that point. Any advice would be great. I lift HST 3 times a week. Finally putting on consistent weight! but starting to get a gut 

You need to give more details concerning your diet but from what you have given, it seems like you need to clean up your diet especially since corn chips appear to be a staple. Drop the corn chips. If the rice you're consuming is white, switch to brown rice. Go for low GI carbs. I imagine the less processed the foods are, it would help with your IBS as well, not to mention it would be healthier.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

contact the board owner, Bobo, through FLA Nutrition - Bodybuilding, Weightlifting, and Weight Loss Training Programs if you're serious about making gains and controlling the gut. If you've got the patience to stick out a good nutrition plan, it will be money well spent.

He's got nutrition WIRED.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
It is probably specialized towards his IBS?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
best bet is definetly Bobo, he can work around almost anything and you will be extremly happy with the results.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I don’t eat milk, soy, eggs, wheat and processed foods and take no suppose except fiber, magnesium and zinc. So diet advice would be a real pain in the ass for me. But I’ll try Bobo a try, here soon.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Probably not a huge deal. In fact, I'm sure Bobo would prefer to be challenged than make a cookie cutter routine. That's just the way he is.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I’m embarrassed to say I bought a body fat calculator, the electronic calculator that you put your thumbs on and it measures you body fat with electricity and it gave me readings of 22% to 26%. I think everyone would agree that is way too much and I’m going to change my diet around a bit. Gone is my days of eating everything in sight. Do you guys think adding cardio would be too much.