Finally! Certified Therapy Dog Team

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After my Golden Irish and I couldn't become a certified team for the past 4 years I was pretty upset with myself. Though I do believe that genetically, she is not meant to be. Super nice dog but became reactive after I spayed her. Not violent but alot of barking and whining. Her separation anxiety also increased. Though it has improved, I don't think she would ever be able to pass the tests which really are not that hard.

My wife surprised me with a Cavier King Charles last October and he is an awesome little guy. We passed our Canine Good Citizen and then our Therapy dog assessment 2 weeks ago at 13 months old. He will be my classroom therapy dog in my elementary resource room as I am a special education teacher. We were a little too late in passing our tests. It seems in our small community we have a couple tragic events happen yearly where a therapy dog team would be very beneficial. We had a very popular high school kid commit suicide last Feburary, a 6th grade student die in an accident in late July and we just had a teacher pass away the first week of school. Just crazy for a small town of 3500.

Now that the stress of that is over, then once coaching football is over, time to get my lift on again.

Just pumped about it and wanted to share! I wish I could post a picture of the little guy!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
After my Golden Irish and I couldn't become a certified team for the past 4 years I was pretty upset with myself. Though I do believe that genetically, she is not meant to be. Super nice dog but became reactive after I spayed her. Not violent but alot of barking and whining. Her separation anxiety also increased. Though it has improved, I don't think she would ever be able to pass the tests which really are not that hard.

My wife surprised me with a Cavier King Charles last October and he is an awesome little guy. We passed our Canine Good Citizen and then our Therapy dog assessment 2 weeks ago at 13 months old. He will be my classroom therapy dog in my elementary resource room as I am a special education teacher. We were a little too late in passing our tests. It seems in our small community we have a couple tragic events happen yearly where a therapy dog team would be very beneficial. We had a very popular high school kid commit suicide last Feburary, a 6th grade student die in an accident in late July and we just had a teacher pass away the first week of school. Just crazy for a small town of 3500.

Now that the stress of that is over, then once coaching football is over, time to get my lift on again.

Just pumped about it and wanted to share! I wish I could post a picture of the little guy!
Why can't you post a pic?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can't post pictures from this phone. File is always too big. Don't know ow how to adjust it. Samsung GalaxyS10
Have you tried taking a screenshot of the pic, and posting the screenshot?
That Always works for me (around 40-50% of the pics that I post, I have to screenshot them).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't post pictures from this phone. File is always too big. Don't know ow how to adjust it. Samsung GalaxyS10
Take a photo, go to edit and crop it down. That's how I've had to post every photo I've taken with a galaxy for the past 5 years

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks @Smont

So simple. I suck at technology but that was dam simple.
Also when you attach the picture, underby the post reply button you will have a option for full image and that will get rid of the extra stuff like so...
20230827_201422~2.jpg

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's Awesome Brother..
I have an aging ADA Service Dog....
I have seizures and pass out from a rough C I have...Gabriel has saved my life around 10 times...I trained him for four years...to retrieve help or guard me depending on the Situation..
Always glad to hear of dogs helping people..
Z...