D2footballjrc's battle against the flab. (Starting weight 382.6 pounds)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I was challenged by MattPorter to start a log of my journey. I decided I would take him up on that challenge. This is my log/story.

I wasn't always such a round roly poly, it took years of slamming beer and pizza in college to accomplish the figure I had achieved. (Not saying it was a good thing) Add in a small addiction to a MMO and a desk job I was destined to be in trouble. I then I was diagnosed with some medical issues and they put me on prednisone for about a year. I ballooned even more. One day I had enough. (July 25th, 2011) I remember the date because I called a Dr. and they had an appointment they could squeeze me into. I went there and the Dr. told me the only way for me to lose the weight was to have gastro or I'd be dead soon. I was pretty upset, I thought to myself "I've let myself go so far that this is my only option" I wasn't going to have it. I went to my GP a couple days later and he checked me over and said, no no, let's try Phentermine and watching what we eat.

Anyways long story short, I took Phentermine and I watched what I ate. I signed up for a gym (August 14th, day of the month my membership is due). I could barely do anything without feeling like I was going to die. I kept at it, ate healthy. Started walking and doing exercise bike. I couldn't even do 5 minutes on the elliptical bike. Well the days turned to a couple months, and I had dropped about 60 pounds. The treadmill I was up to 5.0mph, exercise bike wasn't bad, elliptical was much easier.. I had my Dr. appointment. He took BP, pulse, and blood work. My BP had went from the 150/80's to 128/63, pulse went from 90's to the 70's, and my liver enzymes and kidneys came back in normal numbers. I talked to him about quitting Phentermine and starting to lift. He said there is nothing wrong with me physically that should cause any issues and to keep doing what I've been doing.

At first when lifting I just did a bunch of random lifts, no rhyme or reason. Add in my form was far from perfect. I started to scour the internet for websites to help me. I ended up with a modified 5X5 HL weight scheme that has been working very well for me. I've been getting gains while cutting the body fat. Well that is my background and now to the log/stats.

Some progress pictures:

30 Days in
3211402_5744.jpg
3211402_5803.jpg

First of December(I know I look like a goober!)
3211402_4589.jpg

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
First day of logging info:

Dec. 22nd, 2011

Body Fat: 26.6% (used calipers and omron fat tester) (Started at 39.8%)
Weight: 273.8lbs
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: 108.8 (97 since starting to work out)
Days Healthy: 129 days

Some of my current Lifts:

Bench Press: 5X5 - 205lbs
Dead Lift: 2X5 - 245lbs
Barbell Rows: 5X5 - 180lbs
Squat: 5X5 - 255lbs
Behind Neck Lat Pull Down - 5x5 - 9th block on machine.
Close Grip Front Pull Down - 5X5 - 9th block on machine.
Pec Fly Press - 5X5 - 5th block on machine
Dumbbell Row - 1 side - 5X7 - 65lbs

Today's Diet

Water - 130oz.
Calories - 1954 calories
Calories burnt working out today (according to polar HRM) 815
Protein: 273g
Carbs: 90g
Fats: 50g

Supplements taken:
Morning - none
PreWorkout - MuscleTech Nitro FX 1 scoop, Craze .75 scoops, AI Sports Agmatine 4 250mg pills.
IntraWorkout - AI Sports RecoverPro 3 scoops
PostWorkout - Myofusion Chocolate Peanut butter 1.5 scoops.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Dec. 23rd, 2011

Mood: Anxious, exhausted.

Workout: None, rest day.

Diet:
Cals: 1537 goal 1940, so a bit low might have to snack down something to make up for it.
Protein: 197g
Carbs: 57g
Fats: 46g
Water: 108 oz.

Didn't eat enough most likely today, just not been in the mood. Holidays put me in some sort of funk. I have holidays at my parents tomorrow, and wife's the next day. Was a long day at work.

Supplements Taken:

Morning: Orange Triad, Fish Oils
Lunch: none
Dinner: Protein Powder.
Night: 3z.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Dec 24th, 2011.

Weight loss: lost another .8 pounds.
Hours slept last night on 3z: 7 hours, woke up twice and did a barrel row.

Diet:
Cals: 2347 cals under goal by 230 cals.
Work cals burnt according to hrm. (532)
Protein: 221
Carbs: 131
Fats: 71 (went over by 2g)
Water: 210 oz. (I wanted a beer sooo bad)

Had Christmas at my parents red velvet cake did me and my carbs in.

Hit the gym when I got home did 4.75 sets. Couldn't finish bench press but it was a pr the four sets before the last one.

Broke personal records in bench, squat, and barbell rows. No stims, no pre workout.

Supplements taken:
Morning: 500 mg AI agmatine
Post workout: 1.5 scoops myofusion.

Was nice to see my family and get to talk, diet wasn't clean today up its hard with family dinners. Tomorrow is true rest day and spike day.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
You doing great bro!!! Hard work always pay off...keep it up...I'm really happy for you...good luck and eat healthy :)

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Best of luck to ya man. Keep at it.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Dec 25th, 2011.

I took the day off from working out.
Cals: 2680 (Spike day so 1,320 under calorie goal)
Water: Did horrible barely got 60 oz.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Dec. 26th, 2011

Sleep Last Night: 7 hours, 1 wake up.
Mood: Good
Weight: Gained 1 pound from the last two days of family christmas dinners. (Guessing maybe some water weight from complete lack of water yesterday)

Workout:
1hr 15min so far lifting.
No real change in weights lifted, but today is first day of the stack.

One thing I did notice, I've heard about diarrhea after taking DAA, not saying the DAA caused it but about 1hr 30 minutes after taking the DAA I had MAJOR stomach issues and dropped a couple liquid loads to the porcelain god. Heard it goes away after a week.

Worried that my stack might be interacting with each other. I'm going to shoot an AI rep a PM to have them look it over.

Supplements taken so far:

Morning: Agmatine (500mg), DAA, L-Carnitine-L-tartrate, Testopro, PES Erase, Protein MyoFusion, Multi, Fish Oil, Organ Shield.
Pre-Workout: Agmatine (500mg), Craze, Nitro Fx
Intra-Workout: Recover Pro
Post Workout: Protein MyoFusion, Recover Pro
PM: Daa, L-Carnitine-L-tartrate, Testopro, DAA, PES Erase, 3Z. (Hopefully Perform ;-) )

Going to go to the gym again tonight to do some Cardio as I haven't done cardio for a few days, also might do a couple more sets of lifting. I feel like pumping some more Iron. I want to try some new workouts I don't usually do. I will update with final diet, lifts, and etc. then.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Okay got the Testosterone Test Results back..

On the piece of paper from the Dr.

Total Testosterone: 538 NG/DH
Free Testosterone: 72.6 PG/ML

He said my total is a bit on the high side for my age, and my Free testosterone is avg. Now to take it again in 30 days.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Dec. 27th, 2011

Sleep: 7 hours (FUNKY DREAM!)

Diet:
Cals: 1760
Protein: 186
Carbs: 152
Fat: 81

Not a perfect diet day but not horrible.

Workout:
Cardio 30 minutes.

Supplements taken:
Morning: PES Erase, AI Sports LCLT, TestoPro, DAA, MultiVitamin, Fish Oil, Aspartic Acid, Agmatine
PreWorkOut: Agmatine, RecoverPro
Intra: RecoverPro
PM: TestoPro, PES Erase, 3Z

Okay so interesting enough, sleep has been great last few days. I had noticed one thing.. Completely off the wall vivid dreams that I'm remembering, I was trying to figure out what was causing it..then a person mentioned.... dude you're taking 3z.. 3z has gave me a great night sleep and I get to watch a movie in my head while I'm sleeping. A+ :)

First night I was doing a rodeo at my gym. No idea how it all fit in my gym but it did.

Last night I was in a giant mansion with a smoking hot wife. I was chilling, when all of a sudden all these spiders kept coming to the hot tub and drowning themselves in it. I jumped out and ran outside and then I woke up in real life.. Weird azz dreams man..

Woke up and was ready to go. Another thing to note, I've been early to work again since taking 3z! I used to always be 15-20 minutes early to work. Lately it had shrank to about right on time, every so often a minute or two late. Back to my old self!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Dec. 31st, 2011

Mode: Happy
Feeling: Gassy

Diet:
Cals: 1683
Protein: 75
Carbs: 136
Fat: 54
Water: 120oz.

Had meeting on the plaza with old friends, so we ate at PF Changs. Then mainly it was eating snack foods for New Years.

Supplements taken:

Morning: DAA, LCLT, TestoPro, PES Erase, RecoverPro
Afternoon: none
PM: TestoPro, PES Erase

Exercise:
None was off day.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Jan. 01, 2012

Hours Sleep: 10 hours.
Mood: Foggy

Diet
Cals:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:

Exercise:

BenchPress
5X 235
5X 235
5X 235
5X 235
5X 235

Tricep Pulldowns
15X (number 9 on machine)

Barbell row
5X 185
5X 185
5X 185
5X 185
5X 185

Dumbell Row
5 X 75
5 X 75
5 X 75
5 X 75
5 X 75

Deadlift
5 X 275
5 X 275

Curls
5X 90
5X 90
5X 90
5X 90

Cardio
30 minutes on elliptical.

Very gassy lately, libido has seen a bump as well.

I did aggravate my cartilage in my chest a bit today. I have some flexeril that my Dr. has prescribed for me since I aggravate it from time to time. I don't think it should cause any issues with any of my supplements, but I will stop any preworks supps while on it.

Strength is gaining, I haven't lost much on the scale but I do notice I look more muscular. First week in and curious and excited to continue.

Supplements taken:
Morning: DAA, LCLT, TestoPro, PES Erase, Fish Oil, Multivitamin, RecoverPro, Agmatine (500mg)
PreWorkout: Agmatine (500mg)
Evening: TestoPro, PES Erase, 3z.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Jan. 02, 2011

Mood: Decent
Sleep: 8 hours (Thanks 3z!)
Weight: Hovering the same, around 1pound higher.

Exercise:
Cardio: 30 min Elliptical, 30 minutes Treadmill. (800 cal burn)

Diet:
Cals: 1760
Protein: 169
Carbs: 129
Fats: 52
Water: 106oz.

Supplements Taken:
Morning: DAA, Testopro, LCLT, Erase, Fish Oil, Multi-Vit
Pre-Workout: RecoverPro
Post Workout: RecoverPro
PM: Testopro, Erase

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Don't take this the wrong way but man have you ever added up how much you are spending a day in supplements? Also the science I've seen on DAA shows it MAY have an effect on test levels if your levels are low but it appears to have zero effect on test levels that are normal or above.
Again though...good luck.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Don't take this the wrong way but man have you ever added up how much you are spending a day in supplements? Also the science I've seen on DAA shows it MAY have an effect on test levels if your levels are low but it appears to have zero effect on test levels that are normal or above.
Again though...good luck.
I won a chunk of them for a log and the others I got on the 50% sale. This won't be a continued for good thing it's part of a 90 day logging stack. I understand diet and exercise is more important then supplements. I do thank you for mentioning it though, because if I wasn't aware I'd really appreciate someone saying something. Reps!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Jan 03, 2012

Mood: Aggressive
Sleep: 9 HOURS!!! WHOA.. Thank you 3Z.
Libido: Whoa, wham bam!

Exercise:

BenchPress
5X 235
5X 240 NEW PR!
5X 240
3X 245 Couldn't finish
4X 240 Couldn't finish
5X 235

Tricep Pulldowns

Barbell row
5X 185
5X 185
5X 195 New PR
5X 195
5X 195

Dumbell Row
5 X 75
5 X 75
5 X 75
5 X 80 New PR
5 X 80

Squat
5 X 250
5 X 275
5 X 285
5 X 295
5 X 295

Deadlift
5 X 275
5 X 275

Curls
5X 90
5X 90
5X 90
5X 90
5X 90

Cardio:
20 minutes on the punching bag
30 minutes on the elliptical
15 minutes on treadmill to cool down

Diet:
Cals: 2464
Protein: 230
Carbs: 310 (Yikes)
Fat: 85

Supplements Taken:
Morning: DAA, LCLT, TestoPro, PES Erase, Multi-vit, Fish Oil, Agmatine (500mg)
PreWork: Agmatine (500mg), Recover Pro
IntraWork: Recover Pro
Post Workout: Gaspari Myofusion Chocolate Peanut butter
PM: TestoPro, Erase, 3z.

General Notes:
Libido... Thing is running full speed, all I have to say is whoa. Power wise, I set several PR's at the gym today while cutting. Diet wasn't perfect but I was trying a Protein Powder cinnamon roll recipe I thought of and they were pretty darn delish. Not high in cals, but high in carbs.

3z: I want to give it a little shout out here. I've went from 2-4 hours of sleep to 7-9 hours of sleep a night. It's also generally increased my mood and disposition. Major Kudos to it!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Jan. 04, 2012

Mode: Normal
Sleep: 7.5 hours
Libido: Still raging.

Exercise:
Off day, I am on call for work.
I tossed in a quick 30 minutes on the recumbent bike at home.

Diet:
Cals: 1740
Protein: 280
Carbs: 165
Fat: 54

Weight Loss: Yesterday I was down 1.5 pounds!

Supplements Taken:
Morning: DAA, LCLT, TestoPro, PES Erase, Multi-vit, Fish Oil, Agmatine (500mg)

General Notes: Wife was gone til late, too tired to pounce when she got home. Being on call for work sucks, at 11pm I had already had several calls/pages of issues to deal with. The on call week always seems to destroy my workout and diet, going to have to kick it in high gear this week. I will do it!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Best of luck to ya man. Keep at it.
Thanks man, having these logs really helps out. Gives me some accountability.

I was paid an awesome complement the other day, and old school teacher told me with my weight loss I look like I was back in my high school days again. (12 years ago) Not quite there but its definitely a huge change from where I was!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Jan. 5th, 2012

Mood: Cranky
Sleep: 3.5 hours (Not 3z's fault, on call for work)
Libido: destroyed by lack of sleep and general crankiness

Exercise:

Bench Press
5 X 235
5 X 235
5 X 235
5 X 235
5 X 235

Barbell Rows:
5 X 195
5 X 195
5 X 195
5 X 195
5 X 195
5 X 195

Dumbbell Row:
5 X 80
5 X 80
5 X 80
5 X 80
5 X 80

Tricep Close Grip Pulldowns
15 X 9 on the machine (max)

Deadlift:
5 X 275
5 X 275

Curls:
10 X 80
10 X 80
10 X 80

Cardio:
20 minutes on Elliptical

Diet:
Cals: 1864
Protein: 182
Carbs: 148
Fats: 61
Water: 200 oz.

Had several pages/calls for work in the middle of the night destroyed my sleep and my cheery disposition.

Supplements Taken:
Morning: DAA, LCLT, TestoPro, PES Erase, Multi-vit, Fish Oil, Agmatine (500mg), RecoverPro
PreWork: Agmatine (500mg), Recover Pro

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Starting to see more definition happening, but getting a bit of joint soreness, thinking about cutting Erase back to one pill a day. I have about 2 weeks worth of Erase left then I'll be using Erase Pro. I might be taking the EOD route with Erase Pro with the joint soreness I'm getting now with reg. Erase. Which on one hand would rock because the bottles would last me twice as long.

Also wanted to add, I lost 2.75 pounds so far this week!

Need to take measurements tomorrow and BF reading.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Jan. 6th, 2012

Mode: Decent, It is Friday. Feel really really aggressive though.
Sleep: 8 hours (NO AT NIGHT PAGER CALLS, thanks again 3z.)
Libido: hubba hubba..

Exercise:

Worked out the legs tonight. I've owed Fl3x a review of his Beast Mode so I popped it for a Pre tonight. Had a great leg work out, but I didn't write it down on my workout log as I went along. I was in a rush tonight to fit in gym time around everything else. At work there is two of us that do the same thing (Exchange administration, BlackBerry Administration, Apple Server Management) and he got fired, so I picked up a healthy work load.

Cardio:
40 minutes of Elliptical
20 minutes of Treadmill

Diet:
Cals: 1690
Protein: 198
Carbs: 159
Fats: 61
Water: 136oz.

Anyone have any advice on the aggression, Not sure what is up with it but its there. I do feel like I could throw cars as of late though. My weight in the gym is increasing slowly but I sure feel a lot stronger. Wife did notice the arms are starting to shape up and was impressed how they are starting to look. She said my shoulders and arms are starting to look...niiiiiccccceeee.

Supplements Taken:
Morning: DAA, LCLT, TestoPro, PES Erase, Multi-vit, Fish Oil, Agmatine (500mg), RecoverPro
PreWork: BEASTMode
PM: TestoPro, 3z.

Next week I'm going to add the AAS to the Morning stack.