SPORTS, WHATS YOUR FAVORITE?!?!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dunno i guess i think ppl should be hitting atleast .500 like it's nothing...hitting a baseball is not very hard when thats your profession...the strike zone is pretty much the size of a shoebox now a days so u know where the balls going to be
Hmmm.. you do understand that if every contact of the ball was counted it would be well above a .300 right? if they hit into a ground out or a fly out, then it hurts their BA. Go to the batting cages and get in the 90mph cage.... that ball is in the same spot every time, and I can guarantee you will change your tune. As for the strike zone, that is very incorrect, and you forget to include the different pitches that curve, then the bottom drops out before it gets to the plate... you are trying to dumb down a very technical sport to fit your argument... it like me saying all you do is run in soccer, that is the only thing that happens in the game, no technical abilities whatsoever.

I admit Baseball doesn't require the elite conditioning in endurance as some other sports, but aims more at fundamentals and extremely explosive movements and precision.

If we are only looking at conditioning and athleticism, then hockey would be considered more of a sport than football.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm.. you do understand that if every contact of the ball was counted it would be well above a .300 right? if they hit into a ground out or a fly out, then it hurts their BA. Go to the batting cages and get in the 90mph cage.... that ball is in the same spot every time, and I can guarantee you will change your tune. As for the strike zone, that is very incorrect, and you forget to include the different pitches that curve, then the bottom drops out before it gets to the plate... you are trying to dumb down a very technical sport to fit your argument... it like me saying all you do is run in soccer, that is the only thing that happens in the game, no technical abilities whatsoever.

I admit Baseball doesn't require the elite conditioning in endurance as some other sports, but aims more at fundamentals and extremely explosive movements and precision.

If we are only looking at conditioning and athleticism, then hockey would be considered more of a sport than football.
i am only talking about athleticism...and hockey yes would be considered more athletic if...they were on the ice for longer than 3 minutes at a time...when i found that out i was alittle taken back...i didn't know their shifts were that short....but i did play baseball until i was 17...a 17 year old throwing 90 is unlikely but i did face some fast pitchers as well as some curve balls and we used a special ball cut in half during batting practice that had wicked curves to it....so i'm speaking from alittle experience...but just because i don't consider it a sport doesn't mean it's not worthwhile...like i said golf isn't a sport but i love it....i just can't watch more than 2 innings in baseball because it takes sooo long

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am only talking about athleticism...and hockey yes would be considered more athletic if...they were on the ice for longer than 3 minutes at a time...when i found that out i was alittle taken back...i didn't know their shifts were that short....but i did play baseball until i was 17...a 17 year old throwing 90 is unlikely but i did face some fast pitchers as well as some curve balls and we used a special ball cut in half during batting practice that had wicked curves to it....so i'm speaking from alittle experience...but just because i don't consider it a sport doesn't mean it's not worthwhile...like i said golf isn't a sport but i love it....i just can't watch more than 2 innings in baseball because it takes sooo long
And a football play is only 10 seconds at a time, and? I think I am missing your point on that one. Especially when studies are written showing only a full 12 minutes of action on the field of the gridiron. So 3 minute shifts of actual ball to the wall action is quite intense.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/Comparing-Four-NFL-Games.html

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/football-games-have-11-minutes-of-action-011810/?gt1=39002

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And a football play is only 10 seconds at a time, and? I think I am missing your point on that one. Especially when studies are written showing only a full 12 minutes of action on the field of the gridiron. So 3 minute shifts of actual ball to the wall action is quite intense.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/Comparing-Four-NFL-Games.html

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/football-games-have-11-minutes-of-action-011810/?gt1=39002
footballs more intense because it's a constant battle between 2 ppl, usually huge forces, and hockey from what i've seen is rarly balls to the wall...a lot of time the guys are just gliding around and it stops every 3 seconds for whistles and stuff...i think it takes athleticism to be a hockey player...but nothing like football, basketball, or soccer

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
footballs more intense because it's a constant battle between 2 ppl, usually huge forces, and hockey from what i've seen is rarly balls to the wall...a lot of time the guys are just gliding around and it stops every 3 seconds for whistles and stuff...i think it takes athleticism to be a hockey player...but nothing like football, basketball, or soccer
And this is where is becomes moot, because you do not understand a sport. Your statements about these sports are just ominous.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sport   
–noun
1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature

just following the definition man, i have no problem with hockey, it's a great sport if you like it, i can watch it from time to time but i can't see it live, a game lasts forever, i have no problem with baseball, but i don't consider those guys to be any more athletic than a normal person in the world, but i'm not hating on ppl who like baseball, well unless your a yankees fan, then in that case yes i'm a hater

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sport   
–noun
1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature

just following the definition man, i have no problem with hockey, it's a great sport if you like it, i can watch it from time to time but i can't see it live, a game lasts forever, i have no problem with baseball, but i don't consider those guys to be any more athletic than a normal person in the world, but i'm not hating on ppl who like baseball, well unless your a yankees fan, then in that case yes i'm a hater
First, here is Merriam Websters.
Main Entry: 2sport
Function: noun
Date: 15th century

1 a : a source of diversion : recreation b : sexual play c (1) : physical activity engaged in for pleasure (2) : a particular activity (as an athletic game) so engaged in

Second, a football game is vastly longer than hockey due to the BS non stop commentary and play stop.

And to say anyone can play baseball is really the end of this conversation, because that is just plain idiotic.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Lingerie Football League. I discovered this last week. If i lived in the states i would travel a long way to see that.

Lots of rather ignorant comments on here about certain "sports". NFL is very slow and stop start but some of those guys have incredible physics. Soccer players are in excellent shape, baseballers and golfers need more coordination then a lot of sports out there. Tennis, again, incredibly agile people.

As for race car driving. There is a hell of a lot more stress on the body and chance of injury put on those guys weather its Nascar or F1 then say a footballer. Do footballers even work up a sweat or get out of breath? Could they beat a soccer player in a half marathon? Theres no definitive answer really for what consitutes being an athlete or a "sport". Each to their own. Ive heard about the amount of money in Nascar. If it was that easy, why aren't you doing it?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eh, what am I doing... Ah, here is the right image.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lingerie Football League. I discovered this last week. If i lived in the states i would travel a long way to see that.

Lots of rather ignorant comments on here about certain "sports". NFL is very slow and stop start but some of those guys have incredible physics. Soccer players are in excellent shape, baseballers and golfers need more coordination then a lot of sports out there. Tennis, again, incredibly agile people.

As for race car driving. There is a hell of a lot more stress on the body and chance of injury put on those guys weather its Nascar or F1 then say a footballer. Do footballers even work up a sweat or get out of breath? Could they beat a soccer player in a half marathon? Theres no definitive answer really for what consitutes being an athlete or a "sport". Each to their own. Ive heard about the amount of money in Nascar. If it was that easy, why aren't you doing it?

do football players sweat? lets look at a wide receiver...he's basically running a 30 yard dash every 30 seconds...or running into a wall to block every 30 seconds....i agree football players can't beat a soccer player in a marathon but soccer plays can't out lift a football player and in most cases can't beat them in a 40 yard dash...chad johnson did beat a horse in a race though lol...i'm not in nascar because i hate driving...i'd rather be driven around...but pretty much anyone who can drive a stick has a shot

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
not to mention it costs a but load of money to even start nascar racing from scratch

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
not to mention it costs a but load of money to even start nascar racing from scratch
Which is a waste. You know how many bottles of Cell Tech you can buy for that ammount?

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
damn man you love cell-tech lol. it is pretty good stuff though

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
damn man you love cell-tech lol. it is pretty good stuff though
Broski, It's a joke. It is the most useless thing you can buy for $70 dollars a bottle Lol.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i actually tried it and liked it. gained 7 pounds in 4 weeks. in all reality not that bad. plus i had increased energy, vascularity, and pumps