20 X 42.5kg/25 X 40
20 X 57.5kg/25 X 40
17 X 72.5/25 X 40
Single Arm Cable Curls SS w/ Underhand Cable Kickbacks
15 X 15kg/15 X 10kg
10 X 20kg/15 X 10kg
Burnout:
25 X 10kg/22 X 10kg - No Attachment Neutral Grip

It was one of those fun sessions today, my focus wasn't really all there as I was "out of my element" with not being able to use free weights. I had a pretty good pump by the end, everything is still running smooth and still no shoulder issues to report. I'm feeling really good after bumping my cals, and I feel I'm still maintaining shape. I noticed it finally looks like I'm getting some good peaks going, so I'll share with you all

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
04SEP16

Delts/Arms:

Hammer Strength Shoulder OHP Machine SS w/ Side Lateral Machine:
20 X 60's/20 X 50
20 X 90's/20 X 60
10 X 120's/10 X 70
8 X 120's/8 X 70
Rope Face Pulls SS w/ Rope Pushdowns:
20 X 25kg/20 X 50kg
20 X 35kg/20 X 57.5kg
15 X 50kg/15 X 65kg
10 X 65kg/10 X 72.5kg
Hammer Strength Bicep Curl Machine SS w/ 45lb Plate Front Raise:
19 X 70's/15 X 45lb
15 X 70's/15 X 45lb
12 X 70's/15 X 45lb
11 X 70's/15 X 45lb
Rope Cross Body Curls SS w/ Cable Side Laterals:
15 X 15kg/10 X 10kg
12 X 25kg/12 X 10kg
10 X 30kg/12 X 10kg
V-Bar Pushdown SS w/ Reverse Pec Deck:
20 X 42.5kg/25 X 40
20 X 57.5kg/25 X 40
17 X 72.5/25 X 40
Single Arm Cable Curls SS w/ Underhand Cable Kickbacks
15 X 15kg/15 X 10kg
10 X 20kg/15 X 10kg
Burnout:
25 X 10kg/22 X 10kg - No Attachment Neutral Grip

It was one of those fun sessions today, my focus wasn't really all there as I was "out of my element" with not being able to use free weights. I had a pretty good pump by the end, everything is still running smooth and still no shoulder issues to report. I'm feeling really good after bumping my cals, and I feel I'm still maintaining shape. I noticed it finally looks like I'm getting some good peaks going, so I'll share with you all
Geez. Enough with the photos. I get it. You are jacked. Haha.

I was feeling good, I just did some HIIT sprints for the first time in forever and though hairygrandpa was going to be pleased to see me working harder and then I come back and see this...now I feel like I need to go do another round of sprints. If my legs will carry me.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking great! Reminds me of how far I'm from a similar body, damnit! LOL
HIT4ME , yep, at least another round sprints -or better:

hamster.jpg

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Lol! If I can help push you guys just a LITTLE farther in an odd, indirect, Internet-fuelled way then I'm happy! Both you have done your due diligence in pushing me mentally and/or physically!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Did some fasted cardio on the Stairmaster this morning. I was drenched. 20-25 mins is the sweet spot, especially with the Burn. Last 5 minutes my stomach was churning a bit, but I was pushing a little harder than the past couple uses. The wife took a cap this morning with me to see how it was, she was shaking and started sweating before we left the house lol. Good thing she never took it before she went to work.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
05SEP16

Chest/Back:

"Flex Lewis" BB Rows SS w/ Decline BB Press:
15 X 95/15 X 135
12 X 115/10 X 205
10 X 135/8 X 215
8 X 155/8 215
Incline DB Hex Press SS w/ Wide Grip Pull-ups:
15 X 45's/13 X BW
10 X 55's/10.5 X BW
5 X 70's/10 X BW
Cable Flyes SS w/ Underhand Lat Pulldowns:
20 X 15kg - Low Pos/15 X 140
20 X 15kg - Med Low Pos/12 X 180
20 X 15kg - High Pos/8 X 220
Meadows Rows SS w/ Push-ups:
12 X 25+Weight Of Bar/30 X BW
12 X 50+WoB/23 X BW
9 X 75+WoB/20 X BW
Straight Arm Pulldowns SS w/ Hammer Strength Flat Press:
20 X 35kg/12 X 1 PPS
18 X 42.5kg/8 X 2 PPS
15 X 50kg/9 X 2 PPS
Inverted Row Burnout:
13 (+7 RP) x BW

Shorter session today, energy was a little lower as I only had one meal in between the cardio and weights compared to my normal 3 meals in between during the workweek. The supersets took a toll on me here, so rest in between everything was a little more than normal but all said and done it only took me an hour to hammer it out. Was thinking of taking a rest day today, but I decided against it and I'm glad I did. Weight moved today didn't really suffer as I was able to progress on each successive set for the most part.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
06SEP16

Legs:

BB Back Squat:
15 X Bar
12 X 135
10 X 135
7 X 225
4 X 255
Working Sets:
3 X 285
2 X 305
1 X 305
1 X 305
2 X 285
2 X 285
Sumo Pulls:
10 X 135
5 X 225
4 X 315
1 X 365
1 X 365
0 X 385
Hammer Strength MTS V-Squat:
12 X 150
10 X 210
8 X 270
8 X 270
8 X 270
Seated Hamstring Curls SS w/ Lying Hamstring Curls:
20 X 80/20 X 60
20 X 100/20 X 70
20 X 120/20 X 80
Extensions SS w/ Standing Calf Raises:
16 X 130/23 X 130
15 X 170/14 X 190
11 X 210/10 X 235

Well, I'm not gonna say it was a bad session, but my squat weight isn't where I want it to be. I let it get to my head again, even though I did more work with the top sets this time than the last time I squatted. Pulls felt good, smith_69 that video couldn't have been more true. If I was comfortable in my setup then everything was butter. I also started "pushing" with my legs prior to starting the pulls and that has helped produce more power indefinitely. That may seem like an obvious thing to do but I was overlooking it for some time or I just didn't know what that meant. I wanted to hit some RDL's after the Sumos but the free weight area was closing. My lats, especially right now as I'm typing this, are on fire and I can tell they're being worked when I'm pulling the slack out of the bar as well as throughout the movement. I like the way the MTS squat machine feels so it may become a mainstay in my programming...seems like I can easily overload the legs that way and force some growth in there. Went balls out on the isolation moves, I'm already hurting so cardio in the morning should be really fun

Also, took a Burn today with breakfast and what do you know, no crazy cracked out feelings. Just a good burst of energy and focus throughout the day, and I got warmer faster than normal. All great signs that this product has a good measure of duality with it's uses. I was also DRENCHED in sweat today by the time I was done. Granted, it's extremely humid over here right now and there's no such thing as A/C (brilliant!) so that factored in but holy hell I've never had so much sweet pouring out of me by the third set of my first exercise. Muscle failure is happening at a slower rate, so the PH's are helping in that regard, and I'm noticing steady increases in work capacity/strength so it's a win-win right now.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
So I've been day dreaming recently about being able to bulk again...lol is that sad? I'm loving the progress I've been making and honestly I will be sad to see the hard work "go away" but I'm thinking that I'll keep it controlled instead of just be on a see-food approach where I didn't care what I was eating as long as it had substantial amounts of protein. I also wasn't tracking anything, nor doing any abs or cardio. With the tools and knowledge I have now this upcoming "off season" should bring in some epic gains. I will still do cardio, with an emphasis still on the fasted aspect, carbs will be utilised properly yet still let me let loose more often. A nutrient partitioner will be on hand for those carb heavy meals/days. If I can stay relatively lean and add the size I'm looking for then I'd be holding the holy grail. Abdominal work will stay at the frequency it is right now, 3-5 times per week with vacuums whenever I'm doing some posing at home...looking to start this mid-October timeframe and get my PT test done with before then so I don't have to worry about that while bulking back up.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
So I've been day dreaming recently about being able to bulk again...lol is that sad? I'm loving the progress I've been making and honestly I will be sad to see the hard work "go away" but I'm thinking that I'll keep it controlled instead of just be on a see-food approach where I didn't care what I was eating as long as it had substantial amounts of protein. I also wasn't tracking anything, nor doing any abs or cardio. With the tools and knowledge I have now this upcoming "off season" should bring in some epic gains. I will still do cardio, with an emphasis still on the fasted aspect, carbs will be utilised properly yet still let me let loose more often. A nutrient partitioner will be on hand for those carb heavy meals/days. If I can stay relatively lean and add the size I'm looking for then I'd be holding the holy grail. Abdominal work will stay at the frequency it is right now, 3-5 times per week with vacuums whenever I'm doing some posing at home...looking to start this mid-October timeframe and get my PT test done with before then so I don't have to worry about that while bulking back up.
glad you liked the video and enjoying the burn.

as far as the bulk and this works for me- just years of doing it and learning my body, use the fasted state for a week - week and half then switch off then back on. low impact keeping the heart rate at a steady pace helps.

how long will you bulk for 12 weeks?
i know you know the rest, but as always here if you need anything

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
07SEP16

Delts/Arms:

Seated Smith OHP SS w/ Cable Curls - Straight Bar:
25 X 25lb PPS/20 X 30kg
18 X 2 25lb PPS/17 X 42.5kg
7 X 3 25lb PPS/14 X 57.5kg
5 X 3 25lb PPS/10 X 60kg
9(+5 Half Reps) X 2 25lb PPS/12 X 50kg
8(+5 HR) X 2 25lb PPS/18 X 30kg
EZ-Bar Front Raises SS w/ Unilateral OH DB Tri Extension:
20 X 15kg/12 X 30's
17 X 20kg/15 X 30's
15 X 20kg/12 X 30's
12 X 20kg/15 X 30's
Rope Pushdown SS w/ Rear-Facing Machine OHP:
25 X 35kg/15 X 40
13 X 50kg/12 X 50
12 X 50kg/10 X 50
Face Pulls - Cambered Bar, 3 X 20 w/ 20-30 sec Rest:
3 X 20 X 50kg
Side Lateral Machine - Top Half ROM SS w/ Hammer Strength Machine Curls:
20 X 30/18 X 60
20 X 30/18 X 60
20 X 30/18 X 60
Hammer Strength Tri Extension Machine SS w/ Machine Dips:
25 X 40/15 X 90
12 X 60/15 X 120
Crunches - Thighs @ 90 Degrees:
3 X 30 X BW

Time with the free weights was cut short again today. Long story short, the wife's car took its final dump on us so it's stuck at her work until we can get it towed and scrapped. Between the last two days I've spent about 3 hours troubleshooting the issue but all said and done it would cost more to fix than we initially paid for the car. Not happening. I really don't like to have to resort to the machine room but it's better than nothing. I kept rest periods very short, probably 1.5 mins was the max I rated between any of the sets. Tried out taking a 2nd dose of the Burn today around 7 hours after the first dose. I had some energy waves hit me pretty hard but it wasn't unbearable. This stuff really hits hard, and adding in the 2nd cap shouldn't be taken lightly lol. I had recently eaten too so that helped calm it down a bit. I still seem to be a little sensitive to taking it on an empty stomach so for fasted cardio I'll probably take it w/ 2tbsp of PB so it's not the only thing sitting in my stomach. I will try that in the morning. This was an overall good session, gonna start cranking up the amount of pressing I'm doing. There's just nothing like it for me, I feel my delts get worked a lot more efficiently that way.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
glad you liked the video and enjoying the burn.

as far as the bulk and this works for me- just years of doing it and learning my body, use the fasted state for a week - week and half then switch off then back on. low impact keeping the heart rate at a steady pace helps.

how long will you bulk for 12 weeks?
i know you know the rest, but as always here if you need anything
Thanks for the tips, I like the idea switching between fasted and normal cardio. LISS is good for me but I need to have a little more time allocated to the session if I'm doing that as 20 mins isn't usually enough for me to feel like it would elicit a positive response. Low impact is the way to go though, I've found out my knees take a beating pretty quickly if I'm pounding out extended sessions with running on the treadmill. I'm not really sure how long I'll bulk this time around considering my increased knowledge of nutrition and training...I'll probably start off with hitting 3,000-3,300 cals per day but still do some carb cycling as I've also found out that I'm extremely sensitive to carbs if I ingest too much. The past 3 days of averaged about 210g/day and noticed I was looking "softer" so it hit a low carb day today and kept it about 100g lower. Halfway through the day I could already tell that I looked leaner and more vascular, and my performance didn't suffer at all. I'd honestly like to carry my bulk out longer than 12 weeks because I'll be back in the states early next year for about a month in between duty stations and I know I'll want to be eating all the American food I've missed. So, I'll probably keep the bulk slow up until January then loosen up a bit for a month, month and half then do a "mini-cut" once I get to Italy. Then around April I can assess where I'm at and make adjustments accordingly. Also, I'm always down for more information, especially when it comes to training. I'll need/want to change my split up once I'm out of this cut so ideas are welcome.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Potential emergency trip back to the states. Soon, real soon. In short, wife's dad isn't doing so hot. Not looking good right now. Will continue with kit, getting it through an airport shouldn't be an issue if it's in checked baggage? Diet will more than likely take a hit. I'll stay on top of training as much as I can. Shouldn't be too hard to get access to a gym for a few weeks.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Potential emergency trip back to the states. Soon, real soon. In short, wife's dad isn't doing so hot. Not looking good right now. Will continue with kit, getting it through an airport shouldn't be an issue if it's in checked baggage? Diet will more than likely take a hit. I'll stay on top of training as much as I can. Shouldn't be too hard to get access to a gym for a few weeks.
Dang man, I am very sorry to hear about that. As for traveling with it, I would assume you wouldn't have any issues BUT you never know what kind of airport staff you will deal with. Ive taken them all the time and never had an issue

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Dang man, I am very sorry to hear about that. As for traveling with it, I would assume you wouldn't have any issues BUT you never know what kind of airport staff you will deal with. Ive taken them all the time and never had an issue
Good to hear...I'll just roll em' up in a pair of jeans lol. Should be able to maintain the log as well, as it'll only take a few minutes a day to post up workouts and whatnot. On the plus side, today's workout was great. Chest pump is crazy right now, even with heavier weight used. Back feels pretty pumped too, so this was a great workout in my book.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Emergency travel looks like it is happening. Things aren't looking any better, either. Asking for prayers for him to whatever higher power you guys may believe in, father-in-law needs them right now.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Emergency travel looks like it is happening. Things aren't looking any better, either. Asking for prayers for him to whatever higher power you guys may believe in, father-in-law needs them right now.
prayers sent bro

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Prayers man and safe travel wishes to you.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Safe flight Sparks! Prayers are with you and the family brother.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have a safe trip, hoping all turns out well for your family!
Best wishes, HG

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers brother. I hope you have a safe trip and that you all get some good news!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
10SEP16

Legs:

Sumo Pulls:
10 X 135
7 X 225
4 X 315
2 X 365
1 X 385 - PR
1 X 405 - PR
0 X 425
RDL Back Off Set(s) - 225 X AMRAP:
12 X 225
BB Back Squats - Close Stance Pauses:
10 X 135
6 X 225
2 X 275
1 X 275 - Got the Max Effort Shakes lol
8 X 205 - Burnout
Lying Hamstring Curls SS w/ Seated Extensions:
25 X 70/25 X 120
12 X 120/18 X 170
7(+3 Partials) X 140/16 X 220
25 X 40 - Failure/25 X 80 - Failure
Seated Calf Raises:
20 X 45
15 X 90 - Failure
15 X 90 - Failure
20 X 90 - Partials
3 X 20 BW Hanging Leg Raises

Good workout, despite the circumstances. I was thinking that being stuck in airline seats for 15 hours would kill my performance but I guess not. 405 was smooth, so again, I think I have a lot of untapped potential in my sumo pulls. This gym has chalk, which I used on 385+ so my grip MAY be a limiting factor on pull strength when I don't normally use chalk. These were all strapless, beltless, double overhand (I never use mixed grip anymore) so I could say I've definitely made progress. My sumo's are up where my stronger conventional pulls were, and I'm feeling way less fatigue on my lower back doing them this way. I suppose that's the whole point of using a sumo stance, but still, I feel way more lat activation and way less lower back use when doing them this way. Diet is still taking a hit, it's hard to cook like normal when a.) you've been away from America and miss all the food that you've been away from and b.) when you don't have the groceries that you'd normally use to cook your own meals. I guess I'll just up cardio to every day, from this point on and hit abs more often to try and offset the dietary impact. Everyone who has chimed in and wished safe travels, and a positive outcome of the situation, I thank you greatly and appreciate it more than you all know. These are hard times for my wife and I, as well her family and ours. I haven't even been to see him yet, my wife doesn't want me to see him like that...I understand where she's coming from but I will make it out there before its too late.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10SEP16

Legs:

Sumo Pulls:
10 X 135
7 X 225
4 X 315
2 X 365
1 X 385 - PR
1 X 405 - PR
0 X 425
RDL Back Off Set(s) - 225 X AMRAP:
12 X 225
BB Back Squats - Close Stance Pauses:
10 X 135
6 X 225
2 X 275
1 X 275 - Got the Max Effort Shakes lol
8 X 205 - Burnout
Lying Hamstring Curls SS w/ Seated Extensions:
25 X 70/25 X 120
12 X 120/18 X 170
7(+3 Partials) X 140/16 X 220
25 X 40 - Failure/25 X 80 - Failure
Seated Calf Raises:
20 X 45
15 X 90 - Failure
15 X 90 - Failure
20 X 90 - Partials
3 X 20 BW Hanging Leg Raises

Good workout, despite the circumstances. I was thinking that being stuck in airline seats for 15 hours would kill my performance but I guess not. 405 was smooth, so again, I think I have a lot of untapped potential in my sumo pulls. This gym has chalk, which I used on 385+ so my grip MAY be a limiting factor on pull strength when I don't normally use chalk. These were all strapless, beltless, double overhand (I never use mixed grip anymore) so I could say I've definitely made progress. My sumo's are up where my stronger conventional pulls were, and I'm feeling way less fatigue on my lower back doing them this way. I suppose that's the whole point of using a sumo stance, but still, I feel way more lat activation and way less lower back use when doing them this way. Diet is still taking a hit, it's hard to cook like normal when a.) you've been away from America and miss all the food that you've been away from and b.) when you don't have the groceries that you'd normally use to cook your own meals. I guess I'll just up cardio to every day, from this point on and hit abs more often to try and offset the dietary impact. Everyone who has chimed in and wished safe travels, and a positive outcome of the situation, I thank you greatly and appreciate it more than you all know. These are hard times for my wife and I, as well her family and ours. I haven't even been to see him yet, my wife doesn't want me to see him like that...I understand where she's coming from but I will make it out there before its too late.
As said before brother, you take care of you and your family! Let us know if we can do anything

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great job on the PR! Also, great job hitting the gym hard so soon after the trip, amazing. Where in the states are you (if you don't mind my asking)? Strong effort brother.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
As said before brother, you take care of you and your family! Let us know if we can do anything
Thank you brother, you guys being there for support via these forums are more than enough. Sometimes all you need to do is talk about it.

Great job on the PR! Also, great job hitting the gym hard so soon after the trip, amazing. Where in the states are you (if you don't mind my asking)? Strong effort brother.
Thank you, again my friend. The gym is one of the only things that can constantly be used as a stress outlet. Maybe that's why I hit some PR's today too. We're in Ohio right now, staying in the Dayton area. Both of us are from this area so we can both be with family during these times.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice some great fast food places there. I'm in MA, we have fewer options, haha. I believe you are in Evomuse country.

Glad you both have family close by. Like firetitan said, anything we can do, let us know. Wish I was closer, we could lift heavy shut together.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
all the above and we are here-

as always anything at all, just ask
hairygrandpa might even give a rusty trombone :lmao:

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
As others have said, best wishes for a positive outcome to your family's situation and a safe flight back. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers. (sorry for being so late to post).

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ditto to everything everyone has said here, bro!

Except maybe...ah what the hell, including the rusty trombone

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
yo rusty trombone is pretty funny I'm not going to lie I laughed about that. But seriously your progress is going I'm proud of you to start you were in good shape as it is but now u r in even better shape. Sparkss i been following up on u . Glad everything is going well!!!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Lol a good rusty trombone always brightens my day, just let me know where and when. As far as this whole situation, the outcome is looking grim. Tomorrow will probably be the day, unfortunately. Again, everyone who has sent prayers and well wishes, we appreciate it more than you guys know. He's been through a lot in the past year, and this looks like everything just took too much of a toll on his body. Quality of life has slowly declined to a point where we know it was hurting him more than helping.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
bighulksmash thanks my man, like I've said many times it is you all that keep me accountable. Although I'm not eating right or enough right now, it's honestly the PH's that are keeping me up to par with training. That's a testament to their effectiveness if nothing else.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Lol a good rusty trombone always brightens my day, just let me know where and when. As far as this whole situation, the outcome is looking grim. Tomorrow will probably be the day, unfortunately. Again, everyone who has sent prayers and well wishes, we appreciate it more than you guys know. He's been through a lot in the past year, and this looks like everything just took too much of a toll on his body. Quality of life has slowly declined to a point where we know it was hurting him more than helping.

laughter does help once in awhile because we all know that life throws us curve balls. You have to take the time once in awhile and just laugh at something silly to regain ones senses.

hearing about this is tuff- as i sent you a pm, both on this boat called the SS wtf. Im really sorry to hear that it isnt going better sparks and being at the point you are at, i cant imagine that for anyone. i feel for you and your family bro

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
11SEP16

Delts/Arms:
R
Behind The Neck Standing BB OHP:
20 X Bar
15 X 95
12 X 115
5.5 X 145
8 X 135
15 X 95 - Slow Negs, Pauses
Flat DB Skullcrushers SS w/ Standing DB Side Laterals:
15 X 30's/12 X 30's
12 X 35's/10 X 35'seeet
10 X 40's/8 X 40's
Preacher Curls - EZ- Bar SS w/ Bent Over Rear Delt Flyes:
15 X 55/20 X 20's
15 X 65/15 X 30's and
15 X 75/12 X 30's
Rope Pushdown SS w/ Cable Front Raises:
25 X 60/12 X 20
15 X 100/12 X 30eq is really tee shirt and a half hour
10 X 130/8 X 40
27 X 80/20 X 20
DB Cross Body Curls SS w/ Rear Facing OHP Machine:
15 X 35's/15 X 100
12 X 45's/9(+6 Partials) X 100
10 X 55's/7(+8 RP) X 100
Shrugs - Used Supported Row Machine, Slight Forward Lean To Engage Mid/Lower Traps More:
15 X 45
15 X 90
12 X 135
15 mins Basketball

12SEP16

Chest/Back:

Incline BB Press:
15 X Bar
16 X 135
6 X 205
5 X 205
Drop Set - 195, 175, 155, 135:
Lat Pulldown - Slower Negs:
12 X 140
10 X 170
9 X 210
5 X 250
18 X 120
Decline DB Press SS w/ Horizontal Row Machine:
8 X 100's/13 X 120
6 X 100's/10 X 160
5 X 100's/8 X 180
Burn Out Decline - 75's X AMRAP:
10 X 75's
Flat BB Press SS w/ Close Neutral Grip Pulldowns:
10 X 135/20 X 100
7 X 225/17 X 100
1 X 275/20 X 100 - Longer Rest Period
Cable Flyes SS w/ Straight Arm Pulldowns:
25+ X 30 - High Pos/20 X 30
20+ X 30 - High/Med Pos/15 X 60

13SEP16

Legs:

BB Back Squat - Pause:
15 X Bar
10 X 135
8 X 185
6 X 245
2 X 275 - Failed @ 3rd Rep
8 X 225 - No Pauses
Sled Press:
20 X 245
15 X 425
10 X 605
8 X 785
4 X 965
14 X 605
Sumo Pulls:
12 X 135
8 X 225

Sorry for the late update guys. Everything has been pretty hectic. The delt/arms and chest/back sessions were pretty good. My left shoulder started feeling "dry" again, probably slightly dehydrated. No big deal, I know how to work around that and how to remedy it; jus my drink more water lol. I haven't been tracking anything as far as eating goes. Laziness is a part of that, it'd be pretty tedious to try and figure out all the places we're eating as well try and figure out what all anyone that cooks put in the dish. It's a slight mental break, a little relieving not having to do it all the time. My weight seems to be holding steady, I'm 188.2 with shorts and t-shirt on, so I may have been ALOT lower than than I thought I was, or I haven't gained much of anything. I still feel pretty lean, slightly bloated feeling most of the time. My sodium and carb intake has been higher than it has been for months though, so my body is probably still trying to figure out how to balance all of that stuff again. Also not using apple cider vinegar right now, which I know helped with digestion so that's a factor in this as well. I'll throw some more pictures up in the next couple days. Tomorrow might be a rest day, I picked up a 2nd job working with my brother doing lawn care for an elderly community to make some extra cash on the side. Should be able to do a couple days per week, give my checking account a break lol. Anyway, this past leg session looks incredibly short, and it was, but the caveat to that was I pushed to the max on everything, with the exception of the pulls. I wanted to focus more on squats today. As far as the squats go, I found that stopping at parallel or slightly below was giving me knee trouble and that I was largely neglecting a potential power house muscle group - the glutes. Pausing, ironically, in the ATG position with a closer "Olympic" stance and knees slightly flared is easier than keeping the weight moving while going that low. All squat sets were done that way, same with last leg session, and it felt more productive. Had a good pump today too, for some reason my mom had a tub of PES High Volume in her desk drawer, it's stuff my bothers didn't use, not sure why it was at her work though. We'll see how it works for a delt/arms day. So far though I'm thinking the higher price tag on it may be worth it. Also tried 5150 by 5% Nutrition for my workouts since I've been home, and as much of a d0uche Rich Piana can be sometimes, his products seem to be legit. That's honestly one of the best PWO's I've used, easily in the top 5.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
laughter does help once in awhile because we all know that life throws us curve balls. You have to take the time once in awhile and just laugh at something silly to regain ones senses.

hearing about this is tuff- as i sent you a pm, both on this boat called the SS wtf. Im really sorry to hear that it isnt going better sparks and being at the point you are at, i cant imagine that for anyone. i feel for you and your family bro
You are right, humour is something that helps me cope pretty well. The SS wtf has definitely set sail, and I'm hoping that your situation is going better than my wife and myself's. Your support, as well as everyone else's, is a reminder that we aren't going this alone.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You have had some killer workouts. I hope today went better than expected. Sorry to hear it isn't going better bro.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
You have had some killer workouts. I hope today went better than expected. Sorry to hear it isn't going better bro.
The only way to go now is up. All I will say publicly out of respect for him and family is that he was with the people that he wanted when that time came. Thanks though brother, I'm pleased with the fact that my workouts are still going great, although in the grand scheme of things it seems kinda selfish to worry about that at this point in time. However, most people don't understand that I feel that I need the gym, as it is more to me than just a hobby and is a huge coping mechanism as I've found out these last few days. So to me, it's not selfish. I just worry about how some others may see it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't worry about things that others don't understand. We all have a journey that begins and ends. Those that go before us should remind us to use our time wisely. It is gone too soon. Certain people never leave us, they change us and live on in us for our entire lives.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only way to go now is up. All I will say publicly out of respect for him and family is that he was with the people that he wanted when that time came. Thanks though brother, I'm pleased with the fact that my workouts are still going great, although in the grand scheme of things it seems kinda selfish to worry about that at this point in time. However, most people don't understand that I feel that I need the gym, as it is more to me than just a hobby and is a huge coping mechanism as I've found out these last few days. So to me, it's not selfish. I just worry about how some others may see it.
Nah, bro. It's fine.
Gym is also for therapy. Sounds cheesy -but life goes on.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
11SEP16

Delts/Arms:
R
Behind The Neck Standing BB OHP:
20 X Bar
15 X 95
12 X 115
5.5 X 145
8 X 135
15 X 95 - Slow Negs, Pauses
Flat DB Skullcrushers SS w/ Standing DB Side Laterals:
15 X 30's/12 X 30's
12 X 35's/10 X 35'seeet
10 X 40's/8 X 40's
Preacher Curls - EZ- Bar SS w/ Bent Over Rear Delt Flyes:
15 X 55/20 X 20's
15 X 65/15 X 30's and
15 X 75/12 X 30's
Rope Pushdown SS w/ Cable Front Raises:
25 X 60/12 X 20
15 X 100/12 X 30eq is really tee shirt and a half hour
10 X 130/8 X 40
27 X 80/20 X 20
DB Cross Body Curls SS w/ Rear Facing OHP Machine:
15 X 35's/15 X 100
12 X 45's/9(+6 Partials) X 100
10 X 55's/7(+8 RP) X 100
Shrugs - Used Supported Row Machine, Slight Forward Lean To Engage Mid/Lower Traps More:
15 X 45
15 X 90
12 X 135
15 mins Basketball

12SEP16

Chest/Back:

Incline BB Press:
15 X Bar
16 X 135
6 X 205
5 X 205
Drop Set - 195, 175, 155, 135:
Lat Pulldown - Slower Negs:
12 X 140
10 X 170
9 X 210
5 X 250
18 X 120
Decline DB Press SS w/ Horizontal Row Machine:
8 X 100's/13 X 120
6 X 100's/10 X 160
5 X 100's/8 X 180
Burn Out Decline - 75's X AMRAP:
10 X 75's
Flat BB Press SS w/ Close Neutral Grip Pulldowns:
10 X 135/20 X 100
7 X 225/17 X 100
1 X 275/20 X 100 - Longer Rest Period
Cable Flyes SS w/ Straight Arm Pulldowns:
25+ X 30 - High Pos/20 X 30
20+ X 30 - High/Med Pos/15 X 60

13SEP16

Legs:

BB Back Squat - Pause:
15 X Bar
10 X 135
8 X 185
6 X 245
2 X 275 - Failed @ 3rd Rep
8 X 225 - No Pauses
Sled Press:
20 X 245
15 X 425
10 X 605
8 X 785
4 X 965
14 X 605
Sumo Pulls:
12 X 135
8 X 225

Sorry for the late update guys. Everything has been pretty hectic. The delt/arms and chest/back sessions were pretty good. My left shoulder started feeling "dry" again, probably slightly dehydrated. No big deal, I know how to work around that and how to remedy it; jus my drink more water lol. I haven't been tracking anything as far as eating goes. Laziness is a part of that, it'd be pretty tedious to try and figure out all the places we're eating as well try and figure out what all anyone that cooks put in the dish. It's a slight mental break, a little relieving not having to do it all the time. My weight seems to be holding steady, I'm 188.2 with shorts and t-shirt on, so I may have been ALOT lower than than I thought I was, or I haven't gained much of anything. I still feel pretty lean, slightly bloated feeling most of the time. My sodium and carb intake has been higher than it has been for months though, so my body is probably still trying to figure out how to balance all of that stuff again. Also not using apple cider vinegar right now, which I know helped with digestion so that's a factor in this as well. I'll throw some more pictures up in the next couple days. Tomorrow might be a rest day, I picked up a 2nd job working with my brother doing lawn care for an elderly community to make some extra cash on the side. Should be able to do a couple days per week, give my checking account a break lol. Anyway, this past leg session looks incredibly short, and it was, but the caveat to that was I pushed to the max on everything, with the exception of the pulls. I wanted to focus more on squats today. As far as the squats go, I found that stopping at parallel or slightly below was giving me knee trouble and that I was largely neglecting a potential power house muscle group - the glutes. Pausing, ironically, in the ATG position with a closer "Olympic" stance and knees slightly flared is easier than keeping the weight moving while going that low. All squat sets were done that way, same with last leg session, and it felt more productive. Had a good pump today too, for some reason my mom had a tub of PES High Volume in her desk drawer, it's stuff my bothers didn't use, not sure why it was at her work though. We'll see how it works for a delt/arms day. So far though I'm thinking the higher price tag on it may be worth it. Also tried 5150 by 5% Nutrition for my workouts since I've been home, and as much of a d0uche Rich Piana can be sometimes, his products seem to be legit. That's honestly one of the best PWO's I've used, easily in the top 5.
I'm feeling you on the squat form training.

I'm going to retrain myself yet again and strip the bar down to maybe 135 and work on engaging the legs themselves more, my ass takes over the whole lift. My problem is the reverse of yours lol

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
However, most people don't understand that I feel that I need the gym, as it is more to me than just a hobby and is a huge coping mechanism as I've found out these last few days. So to me, it's not selfish. I just worry about how some others may see it.
Nah, bro. It's fine.
Gym is also for therapy. Sounds cheesy -but life goes on.
exercising (working out in our instance) is most definitely therapeutic and I have also found it to be a great outlet and coping mechanism at various points in my life. It was always a coping mechanism, but at those certain points it was more obvious (especially to me), probably because of how effective it was.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I was thinking about this, and it is funny to me how people will judge you for doing something that is good for yourself, when they won't even put in the effort on a bad day. Like they expect you to just give up and curl up in a ball, as if that is more respectful of someone passing than if you actually try to carry the torch and work, work, work. Working out is healthy and therapeutic and probably more effective than most other coping strategies in a lot of ways, and people will take everything good in your life and make it negative if you let them. Don't worry what other people think. They just don't understand and they are often misguided. Just do you.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
15SEP16

Delts/Arms:

Machine OHP:
20 X 70
17 X 110
12 X 170
10 X 200
Face Pulls - Cambered Bar SS w/ Pushdowns - Cambered Bar:
25 X 60/25 X 60
20 X 100/20 X 100
20 X 130/20 X 130
12 X 200/12 X 150
Behind The Neck Pull-ups SS w/ Single Arm DB Preacher Curls:
8 X BW/10 X 25
8 X BW/8 X 35
7 X BW/6 X 40
Rear Delt Flyes - Done Unsupported On Hyperextension Equipment SS w/ EZ-Bar OH Tricep Extensions:
20 X 20's/20 X 45
20 X 20's/20 X 65
20 X 20's/18 X 85
BB Shrugs SS w/ DB Hammer Curls:
25 X 135/15 X 30's
20 X 225/15 X 30's
15 X 315/15 X 30's
10 X 405/15 X 30's
*Attempted 495, 1st rep was sloppy, quit to prevent injury
Tricep Extension Machine SS w/ 10lb Plate Side Laterals:
20 X 60/25 X 10lb Plate
15 X 90/25 X 10lb Plate
10 X 110/25 X 10lb Plate
Bi's Burnout - Cable Curls, Cambered Bar:
30 X 90
Tri's Burnout - Diamond Push-ups:
27 X BW

20 mins cardio - Treadmill

Not much to note with this one, aside from having a really solid pump. It wasn't a crazy one, but it was solid and lasted the whole session. Delts felt more engaged too, so that feeling was nice. PES looks to have a good novelty product to throw in the stack every now and then. Shrugs felt great, strength looks to be on the rise as I haven't done BB shrugs in a while, yet still knocked out higher reps for all sets leading up to 405, plus the final set of 405 too.

16SEP16

Chest/Back:

Incline DB Press SS w/ Incline DB Rows:
15 X 45's/12 X 50's
12 X 70's/11 X 65's
8 X 85's/10 X 65's
Decline BB Press SS w/ Pull-ups - Random Grip Every Set:
12 X 135/12 X BW
10 X 205/12 X BW
10 X 205/12 X BW
6 X 225/10 X BW
Bent Over BB Rows SS w/ Pec Deck:
17 X 115/15 X 100
15 X 135/12 X 150
12 X 155/9 X 200
Rows Dropset - 175, 155, 135, 115:
Lat Pulldowns - Shoulder-Width Neutral Grip SS w/ Machine Flat Press:
24 X 90/13 X 130
24 X 110/10 X 160
DB Pullovers:
10 X 70
12 X 60
20 X 40
Crunches -Done on Flat Bench:
3 X 20 X BW

Shoulder issue is still prevalent, more so with BB movements, I didn't go much heavier on decline because of it. Narrowed my grip a little and it took stress off the joint. I'm thinking it could be a slight impingement as the pain is familiar in that sense and when I was doing the DB Pullovers I felt my left pec do this weird stretch/"pop" (not painful, like a release) coming from where the upper chest and anterior delt ties in. No pain on flyes, no pain on Pullovers, no pain on rows, and no pain on DB's or machine presses. Slight discomfort on pull-ups/Pulldowns and BB presses aggravate it the most. That anecdote also leads me to believe I'm got something hemmed up in there. I really should start doing RC exercises, and stretching more. Anyway, productive session and strength is still on the rise even with the slight shoulder issue.