Some questions about social anxiety

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think maybe my Testosterone is low or something .
Why don't you see a doctor then and get tested, stop thinking/guessing

Experimenting with test is a bad idea, when you don't even have a solid set of labs especially. Jumping on the TRT bandwagon = bigthumbsdown.

If you end up getting a good set of labs, and have some issues, try to find out the source of the issues and resolve that before jumping on test. Going to mess yourself up worse and just complicate things :boggled:

Btw, I'm from Toronto too (originally). Just moved to NY 4 yrs ago

Texan281

Awards
I will tell you that Phenibut works, but dont take some and start waiting around for it to "kick in". It doesn't work like that. You might actually fall asleep the first few times you take it but once you find your right dose then you're good.

I started taking Phenibut whenever i heard about it on AM and I started taking it before work because Im a waiter and one of the things i learned quick was the friendlier the person, the higher the tips and Phenibut really helped reduce my anxiety and have more small talk with customers which helped me get better tips. Also Ive never slept better in my entire life. I fall asleep so fast and easy and sleep undisturbed for a good 8-10 hours a night and always wake up feeling extremely refreshed.

BUT Phenibut addiction is real. I will tell you that I am addicted to Phenibut. My main reason for taking 3 grams of Phenibut a day is to avoid withdrawl symptoms because they suck. The times ive tried to stop taking phenibut and went through a mild-depression with extreme anxiety, nervousness and horrible sleep. Not to mention, I was walking around like a zombie and i could think about was how bada$$ i would feel if i took some phenibut. I was also VERY socially awkward.

I just look at it as my addiction. Its not like im breaking the bank buying 300 bucks worth of it a day. a $20 bottle will last me 2 weeks. Ive told people about my addiction before and no one really takes it seriously. IMO it shouldnt be taken to seriously.

But in the OPs case. It sounds like to me that you may have lost your confidence in the past years. If i was you I'd maybe open your mind up to mind-altering drugs. You mentioned in your first post that you wanted to go in a night club and start pickin up chicks. When i was younger i would always want the same thing but I was always too shy. Only when i first tried Ecstasy did it ever happen. It was completely automatic. I never gave a 2nd thought about approaching a girl at the bar and starting up a convo and if the girl seemed lame then it was on to the next one.

I could go on but its all up to you and its a pretty out-there idea. Good luck tho

diesiel

Awards
Yes, I do not rely on doctors anymore brother, at all! Unless its an emergency situation. I am actually doing much much better now for some odd reason. I just stopped taking everything. I still dont feel 100% like I would like to, but thats most likely because I dont have much money right now and I've been eating pure cheap gargabe food. Any TRT or anything I want to try I will order it myself.

I do have some proegnenolone on the way and I'm going to experiment with that to see if that will increase my Cortisol. It's funny that all over the place I hear all this **** about how high Cortisol is so bad,ect,ect, but for me low Cortisol is 100000 times worse and causes me all kinds of problems. I know I've had high Cortisol in the past from stress and never did I get a bad side effect from it that I was aware of.

I actually have some Test on the way and I'm going to experiment with that.
I definitely had high cortisol as well, but i also felt fine and obviously never had any bloodtests done ever. Have you ever taken finasteride?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried PT 141? I have heard many claim that while using it for "wood" they experience awesome levels of calm and become socially engaging. I have no first hand experience, I'm just trying to help.

Good luck

superone

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried PT 141? I have heard many claim that while using it for "wood" they experience awesome levels of calm and become socially engaging. I have no first hand experience, I'm just trying to help.

Good luck

This PT 141 is supposed to be for woman though from what I've read on the net.

I'm actually quite fine now, I was taking a bunch of other **** before and I think maybe it spiked my E2 really high or something.

Yes I've used Finasteride in the past for years on and off and I did get a few side effects that completely went away every time I quit the drug. I do not beleive in these finasteride side effects that wont go away once you quit thats pure bogus imo. I wasnt on Finasteride when I was going through this, and I even tried Proviron during this time, and it made me super depressed.

I even tried 100mg a few nights ago for the hell of it, and it made me more horny for a little bit but it gave me depression again. Either it has to do with my liver, or since Proviron lowers SHBG it also increased my Free Estradiol, or it just shut me down, who knows.

When I stay away from these things I seem to be quite fine.

HurtinPounds

Awards
I got anxiety reading this thread becaue of how similar we are. It's like it was me posting all this but just forgot about it.

Back in your head, you know you have it all or at least everything you need to be happy, but it just doesn't "connect". You have to work for it. You have to convince yourself over and over in your head all the steps to feel good. Then you're ready.

But then comes the brain fog, or headaches, and your once witty and casual personality is just shot, and you can't think. Which leads to not wanting to talk to anyone.

I went through the stage of self diagnosing, doing research, and trying a bunch of supplements or OTC's, and even benzo's. But all that made it worse, due to stuff being too overwhelming (I can't keep track of it in my head, "Is this working? Is it making it worse" "Is it the best source"?). It seems like when I'm off everything, and just eat right and train, I'm at my best (but not where I should be).

Man, there's a lot more, that's not even close to a quarter of it, but the more I write and think about this ****, I'll get into overanalyzing anxiety mode.

srobby90

Awards
It's my opinion that alpha males are born not created. I'm sure most alpha guys have higher than average test, but the kids I knew in high school who ran the school were like that since kindergarten, it's just a learned pattern of behaviors. If you grow up with everyone all males showing deference to you and females showering attention on you those kinds of behaviors will carry through. My point being, I don't think it's something you can solve just through getting test even if you are low.

However if you're feeling ****ty because of low test than you're probably going to be less confident because depression just ruins everything. Even if you had high test if you were depressed I would imagine there would be confidence issues in the same way that if you were pale stuffy and had the flu I doubt you'd be picking up girls and issuing commanding orders to your male peers.

As for things to take for anxiety...you have

Benzodiazepines which are things like xanax, klonopin, ativan, valium etc. Those are for hardcore anxiety, very likely to make you dependant (even in the absence of addiction), and dangerous to abruptly stop after long term use. They don't have an effect on testosterone.

Then there's SSRIs, SNRIs and the like which are the things that typically cause limp **** as you put it. These work for a lot of people and relieve depression and anxiety very well but with a high incidence of sexual side effects. There is currently no proven link to lowered testosterone despite correlation, as correlation does not imply causation. I'm not sure the mechanism of how it causes ED but I'm positive it isn't because of lowering testosterone (alone at least).

There are older tricyclics which also have sexual side effects and I think can raise prolactin which lowers test but don't quote me on that because I'm not sure.

Then there's Remeron or mirtazipine which is a tetracyclic antidepressant. This is what I take, I never responded to SSRIs or a lot of other **** they gave me but this did it. This stuff actually has a tendency to improve sexual function, is very effective for both depression and anxiety, and does not lower testosterone. The most worrisome side effect for most people is the weight gain associated with it. This isn't due to some sinister mechanism like other drugs but rather because it makes you really ****ing hungry, I'm pretty good about my diet so I just fill up on veggies chicken and water. It also makes you pretty tired so I take it before bed since it has a long half life and its beneficial effects will last you through the day.

There's a myriad of other treatments for anxiety but these tend to be the most common (as well as remeron which works for me). Once you get your hormones all checked out and sorted if you still have problems I suggest you look into these things. Also congratulations if you managed to read all of this.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think it's your confidence man ! lack of confidence... you know what ?

sometimes people who act like they are the **** and all that, they have low selfsteem but they try to hide it, 100$ benjamins dont make noise in your pocket as much as quarters do. What I'm saying is people who are the ****, they already know so they dont act like they are the ****, they are chill and relaxed and its not something new for them

also as far as girls, its okay to be nervous but ask them out ! the chances are 50 50 that way but if you dont make any moves the chances are 0 !

What do you do for living ?