SNAGged and TORN..No More! (The Saga Continues)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
they also give steroids too much credit.

sure he juiced. doesn't mean his bat speed or hand eye coordination to hit a fastball was improved...

regardless of steroids, he was a phenomenal batter and even first baseman
yeah..Mac's my boy, but there's no doubt there was some benefit.
think about it - we do natty supps to get a boost, to be stronger, faster, to recover better.
multiply that effect on the juice.
even if all it did was help him get on the field, still - he wouldn't have been able to play some of that time had he not had that stuff going for him..who knows what he would have accomplished.

but, here's the thing: how do you quantify that? how do you even speculate? you can't. to do so is ludicrous.
and, if the playing field (other players) were complicit as well - as is beginning to unfold - and he still put up those #'s, better than anyone else, isn't he still a great player, one of the best power hitters of all time?
Sosa was close - but you think those 2 guys were the only one's juicing?
shoot, Juan Gonzalez had hella natural talent, then Canseco got ahold of him and got him juicing, but the dude never came close to McGwire's power.
I can repeat that statement about numerous players of that 'era'.

Carpee makes a good point: it doesn't help you hit a ball. you need natural talent for that. might hit it farther (add a couple hr's per yr), but ain't gonna help you putting a thin piece of round wood squarely on a little round ball coming at you from 60ft away at 90+ mph.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ohh..and don't get me started about the cheating that's occurred all thruout the history of the game.
the spitballs..the amphetamines..pitchers scuffing the ball..the emory board in Joe Niekro's pocket. gambling was huge back in the early part of the century, players made errors on purpose and threw ballgames..Ty Cobb sharpened his spikes lethally sharp and slid feet up into ppl, trying to take them out..and he's in the HOF.
how do you quantify that steroids are the downfall of the game? :think:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
its just the media man.

tearing apart mcgwire, tiger, etc.

they will jump all over anyone's mistakes big or little. but guess what media...its through mistakes that people learn. its human nature, why do we destroy these peoples reputations when at the same time we are the ones putting pressure on them to be the best at their sport?

People are so quick to judge, but so slow to have empathy for anyone. In Tiger's defense, not that I encourage infidelity...the man's worth over 1 billion dollars, and what 10-13 women stand up? The dudes probably said NO way more times then Yes.
What did you expect from a billionaire...that he will never fall into temptation? He's a golfer not a role model.

The medias destructiveness just makes me sick. These people are just that; PEOPLE, human!

McGwire was a class act on and off the field. And a great baseball player. Give credit where credit is due.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its just the media man.
The medias destructiveness just makes me sick.
absolutely. not trying to state the obvious (but really, I wonder how obvious this is to a lot of ppl out there) -- but think about how the media shapes our consciousness and attitudes towards things..not only by the way and scope of what they write, but what they choose to write about and focus on..
it's no different than me airing my views here on AM; only, it's done on a national level, where everyone is watching. and in a large amount of the population, the news is it man. i.e. well, did you see Barbara Walters said such and such..and it's repeated and talked about because it's the 'news'. and eventually, more often than not, her views become your views. and your neighbors. and this grows into a national mentality.
because, when ppl hear something on the news, subconsciously they absorb that this is how we are supposed to think.

I dunno, maybe I'm rambling..you just hit on a point that's irritated me for some number of yrs now, my dislike for the media.
good to hear someone else shares my view here! :cheers:
(uh-oh..did I shape your consciousness with my words? :poke: )

:D

McGwire was a class act on and off the field. And a great baseball player. Give credit where credit is due.
X2..bazillion. :cheers:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I agree completely...from my own formed opinion haha.

Obviously famous people or political figures are going to have an impact on peoples views, but some things are borderline propaganda.
I know Fox advertises as Fair and Balanced news coverage, but in reality there is no fair and balanced news...it all has a bias one way or the other.
All in all, there needs to be less judgement and more empathy. How do we know the same guy or gal commenting on Tiger Woods mistakes is not currently doing the same thing, or the head of ESPN, or a producer from NBC...people in front of and behind the cameras are all human and probably are in the same situation as Tiger, and they will never be publicly scrutinized for it.

The man hits a little white ball into a little whole a long way away better than most others, and I'm going to watch. If he is puttin his other balls into different holes, I don't need to know or judge him for that.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The man hits a little white ball into a little whole a long way away better than most others, and I'm going to watch. If he is puttin his other balls into different holes, I don't need to know or judge him for that.
hahahahaaaaa CLASSIC! :wave:

wish I could rep ya for that.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
rep me for this:
i had the snag special tonight post workout.
95/5 ground beef w/mustard
and sweet potatoes w/ a little cinnamon and stevia

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^^ nice! :approve:
speaking of food..
a lil pic of my daily breakfast layout on the new plan:

2 whole eggs+3 whites
3/4 cup oats
5oz lean beef (using 96/4)
decent-sized grapefruit

oh, just got my USPlabs shipment in yesterday, hadn't had a chance to put that away yet so I figured, what better background? :D

Attachments

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I saw this poem in an e-mail today, figured I'd post it for today's inspiration.

Don't Quit
Author unknown

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
probably should've had a rest day today, as I am feeling pretty rough around the edges.. (DOMS from legs the other day were not quite nullified despite stretching and cardio) :eek5:
this is the 6th straight day I've weight-trained, and tho I have shorter durations & one bodypart/day schemes right now, the most I like to hit it is about 6-7 days consecutively. got a forced day off tomorrow, and one coming SUN, so I pushed myself this morning..

so, back day: focused on width, rep range 10-12 thruout.
wide-grip behind-neck pull-ups, 3 sets
shoulder-width chin-ups, 3 sets
1-arm DB rows, 4 sets
seated cable rows, 4 sets

and that was that. (phew).
lil pic following, not a good one but you get the general idea.

Attachments

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
heyyy, anybody know what happened to Iron Lungz?
hadn't seen him around lately, and just noticed he was banned! :blink:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
politics bro

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
probably should've had a rest day today, as I am feeling pretty rough around the edges.. (DOMS from legs the other day were not quite nullified despite stretching and cardio) :eek5:
this is the 6th straight day I've weight-trained, and tho I have shorter durations & one bodypart/day schemes right now, the most I like to hit it is about 6-7 days consecutively. got a forced day off tomorrow, and one coming SUN, so I pushed myself this morning..

so, back day: focused on width, rep range 10-12 thruout.
wide-grip behind-neck pull-ups, 3 sets
shoulder-width chin-ups, 3 sets
1-arm DB rows, 4 sets
seated cable rows, 4 sets

and that was that. (phew).
lil pic following, not a good one but you get the general idea.
Yah you look like you could hang glide.... :eek5:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking wide Snags! Not sure about IL, he said he was getting redeployed then dissapeared. Didn't know anything about being banned.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thx fellas.
let's chow.. :food:

8oz chicken breast (4oz of it on Ezekiel toast w/ 2% pepperjack cheese sandwich)
1/2 cup black beans
2 cups broccoli

this meal (#4 daily out of 7) is now my last of day w/ complex carbs.
I can rotate carbs of my choosing (@50g worth) but the chicken/broccoli combo is static, as this meal is meant to be lower in fat (5g or less).
only 2 meals daily have little amounts of fat - postWO and this one.

Attachments

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
here's a better pic, back..
wife took this sitting on the couch, not the best angle..I'm pretty pleased with the progress! :)

Attachments

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking huge Snag!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice cuts and seperation in the delts, back looks thick and wide, looking good Snags!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
gracias fellas. :)

back and legs have been weaker points for me thru the yrs, so I been really focusing on these areas (barring the intermittent leg injuries). I look more cut back there in real life tho than on film. :mad:

more cuts are on the horizon!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Snag,

Are you that dude little kids see at the grocery store and run away crying from....monster!

seriously, i've said it before, being that we are the same height..you are what I hope to look like in a few years!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Snag,

Are you that dude little kids see at the grocery store and run away crying from....monster!

seriously, i've said it before, being that we are the same height..you are what I hope to look like in a few years!
pfffft..
actually, truth be told, I have scared a kid or two in my lifetime. :lol:
(aside from my own kids) :D

thx my friend. keep on doing what you're doing, it'll come. you got some good strength, all you need is the time to let the muscle develop.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
blissful day of rest.. :cool2:

couple odds & ends: man, I am missing PowerFULL immensely. one of the biggest factors I enjoy w/ that is deeper, longer restful sleep. toward the end of last yr, I was actually getting 7 and sometimes 8hrs sleep each night. since I've cycled off, it's been a steady decline back to my 'normal' 6hrs or less. last night, went to bed at 1130, woke up this morning at 430. uggh. :rasp:
on another note - I feel the recovery w/ Prime and PowerFULL together is superior to Prime alone. I recover insanely well when I am stacking those two products. while Prime does help w/ recovery for me for sure, now that I'm running it by itself for awhile I can isolate that aspect a bit and tell a difference. in any event - I am sore this morning! :dead:

and on the food front - oooooo, check this out..
my diet right now currently calls for a hi-fat/hi-protein shake 3x daily (as I mentioned the other day), inc. for the last food intake of the day. the first 2 shakes, I add 4 TBS heavy whipping cream into 2 scoops protein (and it's delicious!), but I'm experimenting with that last shake to give the taste buds a lil different excitement - you know me, mad scientist and all. anyway, check this one out:

1 scoop Cake Batter Monster Milk
1 scoop vanilla Wheybolic Extreme 60
1 TBS PowerButter natty PB
1/2 TBS extra virgin coconut oil
3 TBS heavy whipping cream
18oz water

OMG is this simply Snagalicious! :yup:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds pretty tasty Snag! How you liking the Monster Milk cake batter?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds pretty tasty Snag! How you liking the Monster Milk cake batter?
not bad..a little thick tasting when you use 2 scoops tho IMO.
I like a bit thinner taste. mixing a scoop of MM w/ a lighter consistency protein is the perfect mix to me. myofusion goes really well with it.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ooh.. glad i found this thread... Snag you got some mean wheels man... motivates me to hit the legs harder!!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snagcopter, why are you posting a pic of a cobra...wait...that's no cobra!!! That's a your gnarly ass back! :burnout:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that shake sounds good. I bet I could squeeze one of those into my day. LOL

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snagchef really needs to open up his own bodybuilding restaurant. We could enjoy good food at a great price while having arm wrestling contests.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Snagchef really needs to open up his own bodybuilding restaurant. We could enjoy good food at a great price while having arm wrestling contests.
nice! :toofunny:

Snagcopter.. :lmao:
you never seem to run out of those dude.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
betchya could! :approve:
Especially being a lower carb right now that looks like it will fit the bill pretty well. Thanks for the idea!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
soooo..you might like this one too, Chris.
I just gotta experiment a lil more. on off days, meals drop down to 6 from 7 (no Mass Maker shake postWO), so thought I'd use one of my powder combos w/ a tad more carbs in it.
between me & the wife's stash, we have 23 jugs of protein laying around the house. (I just counted them!) :p
check it out..

1 scoop Cookies 'n Cream NitroCore24
1 scoop CnC Muscle Milk (this one's the wife's)
1/2 scoop vanilla Wheybolic (gets the protein to the 50g level)
4 TBS heavy whipping cream

like I said, a few more carbs this way (22g total) but negligible on the whole day.

mmmmmmmm. shake heaven. :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
soooo..you might like this one too, Chris.
I just gotta experiment a lil more. on off days, meals drop down to 6 from 7 (no Mass Maker shake postWO), so thought I'd use one of my powder combos w/ a tad more carbs in it.
between me & the wife's stash, we have 23 jugs of protein laying around the house. (I just counted them!) :p
check it out..

1 scoop Cookies 'n Cream NitroCore24
1 scoop CnC Muscle Milk (this one's the wife's)
1/2 scoop vanilla Wheybolic (gets the protein to the 50g level)
4 TBS heavy whipping cream

like I said, a few more carbs this way (22g total) but negligible on the whole day.

mmmmmmmm. shake heaven. :D
That is AWESOME 23 bottles. I was just thinking you had a lot of proteins. I just have chocolate and vanilla. However there are some great shakes to make out there with just those two. 22 grams is negligeable to me also. I keep carbs low for a reason but an addition 10-30 grams in a day isn't going to do anything to me as long as I keep the calories about the same for the day. I am all over this since I can't really use milk to get my shakes creamy.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah I don't do milk either. lactose intolerant.
I can get away with a small bit of dairy (piece of cheese here & there, lil cottage cheese), but milk?
fuhget about it. :nono:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah I don't do milk either. lactose intolerant.
I can get away with a small bit of dairy (piece of cheese here & there, lil cottage cheese), but milk?
fuhget about it. :nono:
Mine isn't intolerance just not the carb source I want. I don't get to eat too many carbs so I have to be picky about the ones I do eat. I would rather have some oats or something to fill me up a bit.

orbitron3000

orbitron3000

Awards
  • Established
this thread is awesome! late, but i'm definitely in for the ride. really diggin the recipes here.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
better later than never, O3k..welcome to the fray! :wave:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is AWESOME 23 bottles. I was just thinking you had a lot of proteins. I just have chocolate and vanilla. However there are some great shakes to make out there with just those two. 22 grams is negligeable to me also. I keep carbs low for a reason but an addition 10-30 grams in a day isn't going to do anything to me as long as I keep the calories about the same for the day. I am all over this since I can't really use milk to get my shakes creamy.
Yah I have 3 :eek5:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I stock up when I see the deals. ;)
lotta good stuff was floating around end of yr/new year.
as a rule tho, I like to keep several on hand anyway, so the palate doesn't get bored. :yawn:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I stock up when I see the deals. ;)
lotta good stuff was floating around end of yr/new year.
as a rule tho, I like to keep several on hand anyway, so the palate doesn't get bored. :yawn:
Yah I have a ways to go in that department, I am compulsive so tend to lack in the experimental department. I stick to what I know. I am working on that though.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good arm day this morning. was ridiculously pumped halfway thru the both tri's (worked first) and then bi's..wasn't even going to take a pic (tough to even grip the camera!) cuz with the pump, I look all blocky and undefined. thought it looked kinda cool tho. also, showing the 'weak side' (right) bicep..

order of things today:

close-grip bench, 4x10-15
V-bar tri cable pushdowns, 3x12-15
reverse-grip straight-bar tri pushdowns, 3x12
DB kickbacks, 2x12 (I do these both arms simultaneously, like I'm skiing)
EZ-bar curl, 4x10-12
DB preacher curl, 3x12
standing cable horizontal curl, 3x10

skipped abs today, as I'll do them tomorrow w/ chest.

lats are still a tad tender! :p

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Snags, looking big up in here. Gunz fully loaded.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thx, but truthfully I'm not too excited at this point.
I feel good, and def putting some muscle back together again, but I post this more for a comparison for the end game! :)

getting ready to have my first cheat meal of the yr - me & the wife are taking my 'rents out to an upscale joint, place called the Blu Tomato..I won't be too bad, promise. :p
can't really cheat much on the particular diet I'm running, or it can really mess things up. I'll be sticking to hi-fat/hi-protein/low-carb meal for this reason - some butter-slathered shrimp or something. :food:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds Mathmaticous

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cAs1YBELmA"]YouTube- Mathmaticious[/ame]

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I just melted my brain with that video... I am less intelligent for having experienced that... Thanks Met! :pokey: