SNAGged and TORN..No More! (The Saga Continues)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yah figured you must have tried that... more condusive to lean bulking...
yup, for sure..that's my typical approach, rotating carb meals.
I guess ppl would consider me in an all-out bulk right now (and by the face of it would technically be correct) - but, all the carbs consumed right now are clean as hell, mostly complex and fibrous (some fruit in there, lots of brocolli), aside from the dextrose shot following the workout. and, my metabolism has been set up for this. as well, I'll be systematically adjusting intake downward as I go along..so, I consider this a rather lean bulk. I guarantee you I will not have any overspill, or unwanted accumulation - ain't gonna let that happen! should be able to stay in the 8% range or so until I start focusing on getting back to 5% range.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ahh, got interrupted while I was trying to type that, forgot to mention above that I've got the best nutrient repartitioners in the biz working for me too (AP/Pslin), Prime (which has some benefit in that aspect as well, as you know), and Recreate to keep the playing field of excess digressed! :approve:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yo yo Snagglefactor! Im in this shiz!
:djparty:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahaa..good to see ya again Rob. you liven up any thread w/ that dj party of yours! :lol:
Snagglefactor.. :lmao:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahh, got interrupted while I was trying to type that, forgot to mention above that I've got the best nutrient repartitioners in the biz working for me too (AP/Pslin), Prime (which has some benefit in that aspect as well, as you know), and Recreate to keep the playing field of excess digressed! :approve:
Yah that's how I roll on a lean bulk or a higher calorie recomp. That's about as close to bulking as I can afford to get....

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
damn you DW! :rasp: after our little conversation yesterday, you put the thought in my head that I may want to re-evaluate things, so I can stay ahead of the curve..I dreamt of various macro structures all night long! kinda weird when you have visions of macro splits when you're sleeping. :blink:
so anyway, couple changes start today: I'm eliminating @500cals from the diet (all carbs, 125g), and I'm dropping the dextrose postWO and rolling with Beverly's Mass Maker instead. I like Mass Maker immensely; I also enjoyed toying with the dextrose, but this was going to be one of the first things to go anyway, might as well do it now.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn you DW! :rasp: after our little conversation yesterday, you put the thought in my head that I may want to re-evaluate things, so I can stay ahead of the curve..I dreamt of various macro structures all night long! kinda weird when you have visions of macro splits when you're sleeping. :blink:
so anyway, couple changes start today: I'm eliminating @500cals from the diet (all carbs, 125g), and I'm dropping the dextrose postWO and rolling with Beverly's Mass Maker instead. I like Mass Maker immensely; I also enjoyed toying with the dextrose, but this was going to be one of the first things to go anyway, might as well do it now.
It's funny how a little back and forth stimulates new ideas... I have a better grip on my own situation due to yesterdays conversation.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow, hella chest day today. :eek5:
not bad for the first chest session since before Christmas! :approve:

highlight of the day was DB flat benches to lead off (80's for 15 warm-up, 100's 2x12, 120's 3x6)..followed with 4 sets incline BB bench for speed reps (I love changing gears like that), finished w/ one-arm cable flyes 3x12.
hit abs again for a second consecutive day, haven't done that in awhile, different exercises than yesterday.

lil pic of the chest, bw @ 201.5lbs.

I do see some need to tighten up the diet - DW, the timing for our conversation was good! :box:

Attachments

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all right, since I've been getting a few q's as to what carbs I use, here is pretty much my entire line-up of complex carb sources at this time.

oats/oat bran
sweet potatoes
Ezekiel bread
black beans
grain cereals (Bob's Red Mill 10-grain/CoCoWheats)

I use brown rice as well (limited), but ran out so not in the pic.

Attachments

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha I love your little supplement lazy susan in the background :lol:

you work out at home right Snag? I would love to see pics of the home gym! Chest looks priestly bra :yup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha I love your little supplement lazy susan in the background :lol:
haha, well that one is actually my wife & kids!
me - I take up a whole cupboard section! :D
(the wife hates it!) :lol:
you work out at home right Snag? I would love to see pics of the home gym! Chest looks priestly bra :yup:
thx..yup, nothing fancy, just a basic rack w/ pulleys..built a pull-up bar into the ceiling, have cable attachment grips hanging on the pegboard on the wall..on the front half of the garage I have another, different rack, my old one, that holds the majority of my DB and other plates - not taking a pic over there right now, it's crazy messy where my wife has Christmas boxes piled all around waiting for me to put it up in the attic. :eek:
got me my music set up out there, decent unit w/ killa bass for rumbling the neighborhood when I train, and a reclining chair for those periods of the yr when I smoke. :smoker:
I'll try to get stuff cleaned up out there and take a pic, lil embarrassed right now to show it off.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
in the meantime tho, you can look at my last meal. :food:
:D
time to start upping the ante on chicken breast.

Attachments

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds like an awesome man cave :head:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice log.I am in maybe I can learn something. Man I had an injury at 26-28 last year i had to take the whole year off of upper body. It is still not healed like it was. nmay never beAll i can do the best I know how.

Muscle memory is fun though after the injury is pretty well healed.it was from doing max-ot 4-6 rep range (on all exercises) for 3-4 years on end.

you skin looks tight around the mid section are you doing a competition this year?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
welcome, Smeton..no plans this yr for a show, altho (with me) you never never know.. :thinking:
I fully anticipate such big results from this progression that it may just force my hand. :)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
mulling over the next dietary transition, think I've got it pegged.
here comes another swing of the pendulum - will soon be going to higher protein/higher fat/moderate carb (220-250g'ish) split before I get to my next goal of cutting it down next month.
to that end, I made me a lil shake yesterday in preparation of what I'll be consuming 3x daily -- OMG is this combo da freaking bomb! :yup:

1 scoop vanilla Monster Milk
1 scoop vanilla Myofusion
4 TBS heavy whipping cream
18oz water

wow..I only took a few sips of this as I'm not ready for that kind of fat intake yet (gave the rest to the wife, she chugged it down approvingly), but man, I tell you what, delicious! can't wait to make the switch..in the meantime, I'll enjoy the rest of the time on my carb madness.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to get some muti-grain hot cereal, getting tired of steel cut oats. I had some Kashi squares on Saturday that was a nice change. The indredient profile looked good.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to get some muti-grain hot cereal, getting tired of steel cut oats. I had some Kashi squares on Saturday that was a nice change. The indredient profile looked good.
I like the steel-cut, do those too, but just not in the mix right now..the ease of regular oats (throwing in w/ protein powder in shaker for on the go) is just too convenient, a must have for me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNAGS!!!! I am in... I haven't read any of this yet, just happy to see another log here by you. For those of you who don't know Snags, the time is now to get to know Snags! Subbed!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
fantastic leg session this morning..
car was in the shop this morning (had a radiator flush & fill last week, some moron put a hole in one of my hoses so had to have that rectified); so, had open the other half of the garage where my car usually sits, decided to bust out some walking BB lunges.
went like this: BB squats, walking lunges, leg extension ss w/ leg curl, standing BB calf raises.
I am continually amazed with the weight Doug Miller plays with on these walking lunges, he's off the chain. at my best, I've gone up to 135lbs at <10 steps per leg. Doug could prolly walk a mile with that weight on his back! :biglaugh:
as it was today, following some decently heavy squats, I was only able to use 95lbs for 12 steps per leg, 2 sets. about passed out from that! :eek5: been awhile since I did them bad boys tho, usually stick with straight DB lunges due to lack of space..have walked up & down my driveway w/ the BB during the summer before tho, get weird looks from my neighbors as they drive by.. :blink:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SNAGS!!!! I am in... I haven't read any of this yet, just happy to see another log here by you. For those of you who don't know Snags, the time is now to get to know Snags! Subbed!
aww, thx Kleen, welcome man! :wave:
always good to have you along.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's funny how a little back and forth stimulates new ideas... I have a better grip on my own situation due to yesterdays conversation.
Isn't it funny that way? We just start talking and bam! A light turns on and we realize it is time to go.
mulling over the next dietary transition, think I've got it pegged.
here comes another swing of the pendulum - will soon be going to higher protein/higher fat/moderate carb (220-250g'ish) split before I get to my next goal of cutting it down next month.
to that end, I made me a lil shake yesterday in preparation of what I'll be consuming 3x daily -- OMG is this combo da freaking bomb! :yup:

1 scoop vanilla Monster Milk
1 scoop vanilla Myofusion
4 TBS heavy whipping cream
18oz water

wow..I only took a few sips of this as I'm not ready for that kind of fat intake yet (gave the rest to the wife, she chugged it down approvingly), but man, I tell you what, delicious! can't wait to make the switch..in the meantime, I'll enjoy the rest of the time on my carb madness.
Man that sounds great, and that new macro set up is perfect for you to keep anabolic but not spilling over. If you can keep your conditioining as tight is it is right now and still keep gaining that is going to be insane. You and I are close in size right now me being at 206 and 10% you at 201 and 8%. I hope that means back at 8% I am looking swole and leaner like you are. Well after a carb refeed anyway.

I got a box of Wheatena, that stuff ain't to bad and the fiber is really high.
fantastic leg session this morning..
car was in the shop this morning (had a radiator flush & fill last week, some moron put a hole in one of my hoses so had to have that rectified); so, had open the other half of the garage where my car usually sits, decided to bust out some walking BB lunges.
went like this: BB squats, walking lunges, leg extension ss w/ leg curl, standing BB calf raises.
I am continually amazed with the weight Doug Miller plays with on these walking lunges, he's off the chain. at my best, I've gone up to 135lbs at <10 steps per leg. Doug could prolly walk a mile with that weight on his back! :biglaugh:
as it was today, following some decently heavy squats, I was only able to use 95lbs for 12 steps per leg, 2 sets. about passed out from that! :eek5: been awhile since I did them bad boys tho, usually stick with straight DB lunges due to lack of space..have walked up & down my driveway w/ the BB during the summer before tho, get weird looks from my neighbors as they drive by.. :blink:

I bet but by now they know to expect some interesting things. I have done my share of walking lunges down my driveway.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I bet but by now they know to expect some interesting things. I have done my share of walking lunges down my driveway.
haha. :yup:
yeah, my neighbors know me. :ntome:

there's one of those detailed feedback posts I love from you dude. ;)

I'm not done adding on the weight quite yet, altho I do hope it levels off a bit before I start trimming things back. not feeling too immobile yet, but tend to when I get @205-210.
weight hit right at 202 this morning. in a perfect world, I'd like to stay right there and just recomp/cut, get at 5-6% bf range. we'll see how close I can get. :006:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha. :yup:
yeah, my neighbors know me. :ntome:

there's one of those detailed feedback posts I love from you dude. ;)

I'm not done adding on the weight quite yet, altho I do hope it levels off a bit before I start trimming things back. not feeling too immobile yet, but tend to when I get @205-210.
weight hit right at 202 this morning. in a perfect world, I'd like to stay right there and just recomp/cut, get at 5-6% bf range. we'll see how close I can get. :006:
Just a bit above maintenance lots of Prime does that for me, don't know how well it works at such low bf though...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always felt 200lb bw @ 5% bf was the pinnacle for me..
wouldn't say it would 'complete me' or anything - but I would feel hella accomplished for sure. :)
Prime will def help to that end.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ho-hum... [sigh]
altho I tire of eating a lotta cals, I never tire of eating clean.

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you and I are looking to the same final goal 200 at 5-6% is my goal. I wont realize that until next season I know but it is the long term goal I have. I just want to be standing there looking Jack3d and that is the perfect weight / size for our height range without going overboard into losing aesthetics and functionality.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am thinking of adding black beans to my repatoire... are they good on there own, any prep tricks etc... a little variety would be nice.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am thinking of adding black beans to my repatoire... are they good on there own, any prep tricks etc... a little variety would be nice.
hellz yeah they're good! :yup:
quick & easy too..lil salt 'n pepper and you're good to go.
probably my fav combo is the beef & beans.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love beans, when I am eating moderate carbs beans are one of my mainstays. Tons of fiber, and complex carbs, a little extra protein, then the antioxidants in them are great too. Like Snags said very easy to add a little flavor to them.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just cooked black beans with mixed with rice. Snag is the man with recipes

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Black beans are the bee's knees! I eat black beans with my black beans!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0vTeV-wls"]YouTube- 200lb log lunges with squats[/ame]

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ooooo, legs are screaming at me this morning! :aargh:
hehehe, I like it!

switching dietary gears today..I know, I know - a little earlier than planned, but I feel it's the right time.
cals will come in at @ 3850 daily..macros 220c/400p/150f.
I will run this gaining phase for a few more weeks, then alternate with a hardening phase (which will be an easy switch, as it just entails eliminating the majority of the fat and the postWO Mass Maker shake, keeping all other food the same)..some other support supps will come into play when I get to that phase (like PowerFULL, Oxy Elite Pro, Isatori ISA-TEST natty test booster, BCAA/EAA), will detail at that time.

I'm psyched! :1244:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds great Snags, man that was some imressive crap, not only the lunges and squats but how he manhandled that thing off of the one shoulder to grab it with the other arm. DAMN Dued is part Silver Back!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^ for sure.

speaking of crazy strong..RIP to one of the original World's Strongest Men, Joe Rollino - it took getting hit by a truck at age 104 to finally put this beast down..

Coney Island strongman, 104, dies after being struck by van
COLLEEN LONG

Associated Press

NEW YORK – A famed strongman who once lifted 3,200 pounds at Coney Island during its heyday and was still bending quarters with his fingers at age 104 died Monday after he was hit by a minivan.

Joe Rollino was struck as he crossed Bay Ridge Parkway in Brooklyn and suffered a broken pelvis, head trauma and broken ribs. He died a few hours later at an area hospital. Police said the driver was going the speed limit and had not been drinking. No criminality is suspected, but the driver was issued a summons for a defective horn.

During his storied life, Rollino hobnobbed with Harry Houdini, watched Jack Dempsey knock out Jess Willard and was friendly with Mario Lanza. He even had a bit part in “On the Waterfront.”

Rollino would’ve been 105 on March 19 and was the model of health, according to friends. A vegetarian for life, he didn’t drink or smoke, his friends said, and he exercised every day. He was a lifetime boxer and was part of the Oldetime Barbell and Strongmen, an organization of men who can still rip book binders at the seam.

A decorated World War II veteran, Rollino got his start as a strongman in the 1920s during the high point of the Coney Island carnival, and he billed himself as the “Strongest Man in the World.”

He later made a living as a traveling boxer under the name Kid Dundee and fought in armories in cities around the country where boxing was forbidden.

Rollino said in 2008 that he was just simply born strong.

“Fighters would hit me in the jaw and I’d just look at them. You couldn’t knock me out,” he told writer Robert Mladinich in an interview for the boxing Web site The Sweet Science.

Ten-time Golden Glove winner Peter Spanakos met Rollino in the 1950s.

“He’s a hero’s hero. We should celebrate him,” Spanakos said. “A true patriot, an athlete’s athlete.”

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
..and on the topic of strength.. [huge sigh]
it's a sad day in Big Mac Land today. not the fact that Mark McGwire admitted his steroid use (I don't think there was anybody who ever doubted the man used steroids & hgh, except maybe the most naive) - but rather, the fact that the freaking media is villifying him for it. Mac was a class act, both on & off the field. he was a big part of bringing baseball back from the dead after the greedy bastards went on strike in 1994. who doesn't remember the summer of '98? the dude hit 2 home runs on the day my son was born, en route to breaking the all-time HR record. he wasn't c o c k y or arrogant (like Barry Bonds), he didn't lie about his use (like Roger Clemens). he simply didn't want to incriminate himself at Congress in '05 and took the 5th. so, he comes clean and apologizes, and gets mad hate.
Mark - you're still my dude! :biggthumpup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, impressive life. A true strongman, sad to hear how he died but inspiring to hear how he lived.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all right, editorial time is over. :lol:

shoulders today, decent session. followed with 20min moderate cardio..was a good thing I'm not doing HIIT yet - no way were my legs up for that! :dead:
but I handled the moderate pace well, should help w/ DOMSicles too.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
..and on the topic of strength.. [huge sigh]
it's a sad day in Big Mac Land today. not the fact that Mark McGwire admitted his steroid use (I don't think there was anybody who ever doubted the man used steroids & hgh, except maybe the most naive) - but rather, the fact that the freaking media is villifying him for it. Mac was a class act, both on & off the field. he was a big part of bringing baseball back from the dead after the greedy bastards went on strike in 1994. who doesn't remember the summer of '98? the dude hit 2 home runs on the day my son was born, en route to breaking the all-time HR record. he wasn't c o c k y or arrogant (like Barry Bonds), he didn't lie about his use (like Roger Clemens). he simply didn't want to incriminate himself at Congress in '05 and took the 5th. so, he comes clean and apologizes, and gets mad hate.
Mark - you're still my dude! :biggthumpup:

It was the only point I actually liked baseball...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This was probably the best summer I had in my teen years and living in Chicago at the time it was pure baseball bliss as the race went on. I am with Snag on this, he actually shows some ba**s and admits to his use and is treated like crap. No one mentions that he is now going to be the hitting coach on the Cardinals or is one of the greatest hitters in the game. Bonds is and always will be a douche in my eyes and Mark always showed appreciation to the fans for supporting he and Sosa's summer of craziness. Anyways, back to the Snag log; you hit a nerve there with that post so had to soap box for a few.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
those were fun times weren't they? every morning checking out the newspaper first thing or tuning into ESPN to see what one of those guys did the previous day..got the whole country into it.

This was probably the best summer I had in my teen years and living in Chicago at the time it was pure baseball bliss as the race went on. I am with Snag on this, he actually shows some ba**s and admits to his use and is treated like crap. No one mentions that he is now going to be the hitting coach on the Cardinals or is one of the greatest hitters in the game. Bonds is and always will be a douche in my eyes and Mark always showed appreciation to the fans for supporting he and Sosa's summer of craziness. Anyways, back to the Snag log; you hit a nerve there with that post so had to soap box for a few.
I feel ya man. it's like these damn sportswriters (and HOF voters) lay the entire blame of the era at Mac's feet. unbelievable. :sick:

my question to that is: what happened to memories of Jose Canseco? :think:
you want to blame somebody for 'spreading the word' and infiltrating the game with that stuff, there's your culprit. every team that dude went to, he got somebody (if not half the damn team) to use..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It just cracks me up that they act like that over it at all. Nobody is shocked about football players on them, or hockey players, or even basketball players, but OMG let it get into baseball and it is horrible. Same with Tiger Woods, everybody is trippin that he has women all over the place. DUH!!!! Just cuz it is golf doesn't mean the players can't get play. Why people think top players in one sport are above doing the same things that top level players in other sports do all the time and aren't even an afterthought. Silly really... Juice is a major player in the top ranks of every real sport there is. It is unfortunate but it is true.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
they also give steroids too much credit.

sure he juiced. doesn't mean his bat speed or hand eye coordination to hit a fastball was improved...

regardless of steroids, he was a phenomenal batter and even first baseman