DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spoke too early on the DOMS issue.. :eek:
legs started getting sore as the night wore on. it's all good tho.
I should say so ... doms is Gods way of showing you how hard you've worked.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay..I ate wayyy too much on Thanksgiving; the worst part was, quite a bit was not clean! :eek: s'all good tho, just a little extra motivation in the training these next couple days I guess.
anyway, did something a bit different the other day; had to get my biceps in on back day since I skipped them on chest day, pulled out a little scheme I haven't done in ages:
50 pull-ups
50 chin-ups
bicep work
the pulls/chins are basically done every set to failure, rest 1min, then go to failure again; continue till you hit your target #..was really a nice session. will hit another back session (more traditional-type work) either tomorrow or MON; schedule is getting kinda skewed right now, so I'm adjusting on the fly..
this morning I hit shoulders, busted out some DB Arnold Presses - those felt pretty swell too, haven't done in awhile..kept everything fairly heavy today, finished with some weighted ab work..training keeps on rocking! :)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
random entry..
twiddling my thumbs here at work tonight, perusing a couple recipes that interest me, thought I'd pass 'em along..some antioxidant madness! :evil:

Island Red Beans (Habichuelas Coloradas Grandes)
Cilantro, chilis and garlic add rich flavor to kidney beans in this Puerto Rican staple. Red beans are also some of the best antioxidant-rich foods out there. Leftovers are wonderful reheated for lunch.

Serves: 8
Preparation time: 50 minutes

Ingredients
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
2 Anaheim or poblano chili peppers, finely diced
1 small onion, finely diced
1/2 cup packed finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
4 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, rinsed (see Dried Bean Variation)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 to 3 cups water

Preparation
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, chili peppers, onion and cilantro and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add beans, tomato sauce, oregano, pepper and salt; stir to combine.
4. Add 1 to 3 cups water. (Usually the beans are covered by at least 1 inch of water. The more "wet" you like your beans, the more water you should add.)
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
6. Serve sprinkled with cilantro, if desired.

Dried Bean Variation: To use dried beans instead of canned beans, sort 1 pound red kidney beans, discarding any debris. Overnight soak: Rinse beans and place in a large bowl. Cover with cold water and let soak for at least 8 hours or overnight; drain.

Quick soak: Rinse beans and place in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil.

Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
Per serving:
221 calories
3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono)
0 mg cholesterol
38 g carbohydrate
12 g protein
15 g fiber
616 mg sodium
691 mg potassium

Quick Thai Chicken and Vegetable Curry
Curry quick enough for a weeknight supper – especially if you use precut cauliflower and baby spinach. Red curry paste is a blend of chili peppers, garlic, lemongrass and galanga (a rhizome with a flavor similar to ginger); commercial Asian curry paste is a convenient way to add heat and complexity to a recipe. Look for it in small jars or cans in the Asian section of the store.

Serves: 4
Preparation time: 45 minutes

Ingredients
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1- to 2-inch-long julienne strips
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1-2 teaspoons red curry paste, to taste
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup "lite" coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups baby spinach
1 tablespoon lime juice
Lime wedges

Preparation
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
2. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste; stir to mix.
3. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in broth, coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and brown sugar; bring to a simmer.
5. Add cauliflower, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach and lime juice; cook just until spinach has wilted.
7. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.

Vegetarian variation: Substitute 1 pound extra-firm tofu (drained) for the chicken and vegetable broth for chicken broth.

Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
Per serving:
252 calories
8 g fat (4 g sat, 1 g mono)
67 mg cholesterol
14 g carbohydrate
31 g protein
3 g fiber
357 mg sodium
576 mg potassium

this one is da bomb with a side of brown rice..I would never make the vegetarian variation (even if a guest in my house is one -- they can go somewhere else to eat!) :biglaugh:

and then, this one is just flat-out tasty!
Berry-Banana Smoothie
There's no more classic – or antioxidant-rich – combo than fresh berries and bananas. Here, just a touch of honey shines up their flavors even more.

Serves: 2
Preparation time: 5 minutes

Ingredients
1 ripe banana, sliced
1/2 cup raspberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1-1/2 teaspoons honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/2 cup ice

Preparation
1. Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse twice to chop the fruit, stir well, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
Per serving:
126 calories
0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono)
0 mg cholesterol
33 g carbohydrate
1 g protein
5 g fiber
4 mg sodium
338 mg potassium

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
killer workouts continue..lil update pic from this morning. not ready to show the wheels quite yet, but those guys are progressing well, another leg session or two and I'll snap a shot.

Attachments

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hope that was a good sh*t! :D
more improvements on the way..I'm pretty critical of myself, and I'm not where I want to be right now, but like I said I'm pretty pleased with the progress. the great thing about natural supplementation in general (and USPlabs products specifically) is, while it may be a little more difficult to build muscle rather than using hormonal agents, that muscle you gain hangs around a lot longer and doesn't just disappear when you stop lifting!! :)

all right, today was leg day. after running a lighter leg session my last time around following my breakout killer leg day before that, thought I'd duplicate that all-out schematic before I move up in weight..and, it was on! :firedevil:

ATG BB squats 5x15/12/10/8/8 (went to 275)
leg extensions 2x15
leg curls 5x15/12/10/8/8

killer session once again..skipped the calf work today; after off day tomorrow, will come back with calves, traditional back work, and bring regular deadlifts into play on Wednesday. after this week, hopefully I'll be back on my regular schedule..not really tripping on it tho, as mixing things up is always fun anyway, keeps my mind fresh.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
it was a fantastic sh*t.

You're massive, but still very lean.

I can only dream of one day being a monster like you snag

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ahh shoot, thx man, very kind words! :wave:
massive I don't know about, but I do strive to stay lean, don't exceed 10% bf very often in my life.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it was a fantastic sh*t.

You're massive, but still very lean.

I can only dream of one day being a monster like you snag
It's from years of dediction, day in and day out. The only way to achieve this state really. I have been able to put together 3 or 4 years here and there but this kind of result for a natural athlete takes longer than that. Sure natural supplementation has improved but without total dedication it's not going to get us there. This kind of consitancy is not easy. I am finding it's less goal oriented and more lifestyle. Sure you have goals but adopting it and accepting it as a permanent lifestyle is more important. Realizing that we will never be perfect. That is a very positive thing cuz if your never perfect you can always get better.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's from years of dediction, day in and day out. The only way to achieve this state really.
I am finding it's less goal oriented and more lifestyle. Sure you have goals but adopting it and accepting it as a permanent lifestyle is more important.
heyyy, seems like I've heard that somewhere before..it's like deja vu all over again! :D
true dat DW, you make a good point once again. there is no doubt that lifestyle plays a part. health & fitness, athleticism, and a decent build with good symmetry play a huge priority in my life, and especially over the last 10yrs or so there's been very few times where I've not had it as a high priority. good supplements help, but good habits are definitely the essential element to consistency.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
heyyy, seems like I've heard that somewhere before..it's like deja vu all over again! :D
true dat DW, you make a good point once again. there is no doubt that lifestyle plays a part. health & fitness, athleticism, and a decent build with good symmetry play a huge priority in my life, and especially over the last 10yrs or so there's been very few times where I've not had it as a high priority. good supplements help, but good habits are definitely the essential element to consistency.
Yah I know it's the same speil but I figured this kind of thing needs to be pointed out periodically. Keep it forefront in our minds.. hek I may just be saying to remind myself .. Stay focussed !! :bigok:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
fantastic session yesterday..led off with deads, followed with bent BB rows, D-grip pulldowns to front, calf work, and non-weighted abs. was a good mix..back was pretty swole, lats flaring - king cobra look going on, ahaa. :D
some moderate cardio today, come back tomorrow with shoulder work.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fantastic session yesterday..led off with deads, followed with bent BB rows, D-grip pulldowns to front, calf work, and non-weighted abs. was a good mix..back was pretty swole, lats flaring - king cobra look going on, ahaa. :D
some moderate cardio today, come back tomorrow with shoulder work.
That is hard core!! :shocked1:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is hard core!! :shocked1:
it was hella effort for sure..haven't done that mix in awhile let alone regular deads, and my legs were a bit DOMSicled from monday still.
felt GRRREAT tho when I was done! :hammer:

supp notation: running 15/12 Prime split now; soon will bump it to CEO dosing along with 9 PF daily (3x3 dosing) before I'm thru with this run, then break for 4 weeks. :hump:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it was hella effort for sure..haven't done that mix in awhile let alone regular deads, and my legs were a bit DOMSicled from monday still.
felt GRRREAT tho when I was done! :hammer:

supp notation: running 15/12 Prime split now; soon will bump it to CEO dosing along with 9 PF daily (3x3 dosing) before I'm thru with this run, then break for 4 weeks. :hump:
I'm up to 12 800mg ed and 6 600mg pw 2 more weeks to go...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You two are out of hand with the Prime dosing and Snag, 9 PF! Dang boys, making me hella jealous of your supp stash. Keep killing it Snag, reading your workouts is making me tired!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah, I take the benefits for granted sometimes but I step back and look at the big picture. I am losing fat, getting stronger and bigger all at the same time. I'm 51, gaining and looking better than I did when I was 40!! I honestly don't know where I will end up when it's all done, all I know is better than I have ever been. Uncharted waters for me...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BEAST!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
working on it! :D

nice shoulder day this morning..pre-fatigued with some cable front raises, then busted out some military's (straight sets w/ 165), wide-grip shrugs, bent laterals, ended with weighted ab work.
man, workouts are just flowing, loving this zone I'm in! if I wouldn't have put up that pic last night I'd show how swole my shoulders are today, but you'll just have to take my word for it.. :head:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
working on it! :D

nice shoulder day this morning..pre-fatigued with some cable front raises, then busted out some military's (straight sets w/ 165), wide-grip shrugs, bent laterals, ended with weighted ab work.
man, workouts are just flowing, loving this zone I'm in! if I wouldn't have put up that pic last night I'd show how swole my shoulders are today, but you'll just have to take my word for it.. :head:
I have been able to string together some really nice workouts lately myself. In the zone for sure....

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow, just..WOW. :bandit: insane session this morning, tore the chest up with some new schemes..decided to make this a decline-focused day, and busted out a taste of supersetting.
decline BB (went to 275) ss w/ decline straight-arm DB pullovers, 6 sets
decline DB flyes, 3x12
close-grip decline BB, 3 sets
decline lying tricep extension w/ EZ-curl bar, 3 sets
OMG, killer day, chest is ginormously pumped! :D tri's feeling pretty swole too, just a fantastic workout. they keep getting better and better! (just when you think you can't have a better workout.)
have two forced off days next week (TUE & THUR) so I'm adjusting training schedule to fit everything in appropriately.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, just..WOW. :bandit: insane session this morning, tore the chest up with some new schemes..decided to make this a decline-focused day, and busted out a taste of supersetting.
decline BB (went to 275) ss w/ decline straight-arm DB pullovers, 6 sets
decline DB flyes, 3x12
close-grip decline BB, 3 sets
decline lying tricep extension w/ EZ-curl bar, 3 sets
OMG, killer day, chest is ginormously pumped! :D tri's feeling pretty swole too, just a fantastic workout. they keep getting better and better! (just when you think you can't have a better workout.)
have two forced off days next week (TUE & THUR) so I'm adjusting training schedule to fit everything in appropriately.
Seems as though that little rest healed up some parts!!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah I'm feeling hella rejuvenated these days. :saevilw:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cruising right along, hit the wheels hard today..
BB squats, DB lunges, BB Romanian DL, DB standing calf raise single leg.
had a tough time climbing my stairs to update here this morning..
feeling great! :hammer:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh yeah..forgot to mention, my chest is sore on a whole other level today, feeling used and abused - painful to the touch..I love it!! :cool2:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gad to see that you've blasted through the pain and injury and are making those weights yo bee-yatch!!! :spank:

Nothing like a Snagency log to get me fired up for my own workouts. I'll be siphoning some intensity from you bro!!!! :aargh::firedevil:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ahaa, shoot - nothing like a visit from TG to get a guy hyped for a blitzkrieg session! :hammer: good to see ya big guy. :wave:

feeling kinda rough this morning, last couple workouts have been fierce (ohhh, my butt hurts this morning!) :p
with days off looming on the horizon tho, want to get something in today; will run my 50 pull-up/50 chin-up/bicep scheme today, give my lower back a break..
off to get it right now! :run:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
ahaa, shoot - nothing like a visit from TG to get a guy hyped for a blitzkrieg session! :hammer: good to see ya big guy. :wave:

feeling kinda rough this morning, last couple workouts have been fierce (ohhh, my butt hurts this morning!) :p
with days off looming on the horizon tho, want to get something in today; will run my 50 pull-up/50 chin-up/bicep scheme today, give my lower back a break..
off to get it right now! :run:
kill it

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
much needed rest day today..time to grow! :)
walking around with these all-day pumps, feeling great!
butt and hammies still a bit smoked from SUN.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
much needed rest day today..time to grow! :)
walking around with these all-day pumps, feeling great!
butt and hammies still a bit smoked from SUN.
Nothing like smoked ham!!!!:laugh:

Rest up Slayer. You deserve the much needed downtime. This is when you grow!!!! Eat good, sleep well, and love like a machine!!! :hump:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing like smoked ham!!!!:laugh:

Rest up Slayer. You deserve the much needed downtime. This is when you grow!!!! Eat good, sleep well, and love like a machine!!! :hump:
As we speak mine are screaming at me ... my glutes too!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:yup:
ahh, gotta love it.

seriously feeling extra swole today, body is taking shape well, hardening up and gaining muscle, weight hanging at 198. itching to show the next update pic! :D
haven't felt the need to change diet, the roughly 3k cals I'm getting daily is a sweet spot right now..taking 15 Prime today on off-training day, oooooo. :32:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
21 Prime today on the CEO Stack baby! :dance:
feeling pretty indestructible right now, alpha-male feeling in full effect, ahaa..even with the continued soreness in my hams :scared:, and today my lats are just crazy sore :fool2:, I'm still feeling PowerFULL as hell! :D (yeah pun intended)..the tri-dosing PF scheme is creating good synergy as well.
today I had every intention of getting shoulders and tri's in w/ some abs, get back on schedule, but I am really liking the split how I've fallen into it; chest/tri's, legs, back/bi's, and shoulders/abs, fitting another ab day (or two), cardio, and rest days where I feel like it. think I'll continue doing so for now.
so, shoulders and abs this morning: standing DB shoulder press (straight sets 4x10, 75's), bent-over 1-arm DB raises, and shrugs, all fairly heavy today with mid-range reps. followed with bodyweight ab work.
great session, loosened up the lats a bit too.
another off day tomorrow, time to grow some more! back to 15 Prime for the off day. :yup:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
21 Prime today on the CEO Stack baby! :dance:
feeling pretty indestructible right now, alpha-male feeling in full effect, ahaa..even with the continued soreness in my hams :scared:, and today my lats are just crazy sore :fool2:, I'm still feeling PowerFULL as hell! :D (yeah pun intended)..the tri-dosing PF scheme is creating good synergy as well.
today I had every intention of getting shoulders and tri's in w/ some abs, get back on schedule, but I am really liking the split how I've fallen into it; chest/tri's, legs, back/bi's, and shoulders/abs, fitting another ab day (or two), cardio, and rest days where I feel like it. think I'll continue doing so for now.
so, shoulders and abs this morning: standing DB shoulder press (straight sets 4x10, 75's), bent-over 1-arm DB raises, and shrugs, all fairly heavy today with mid-range reps. followed with bodyweight ab work.
great session, loosened up the lats a bit too.
another off day tomorrow, time to grow some more! back to 15 Prime for the off day. :yup:
Just when I think my dosing is above and beyound, you have to hoover 21 prime... :ponder: gets me to thinkin what if I were to take more!!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my wife made me feel good yesterday, we were putting tanning lotion on to go tan, she was rubbing it on my back and said how meaty my upper back was, that I looked more cobra-ish than usual. :D
good shiz! :hammer: that's what I'm talking about. she rarely mentions anything like that, so it must be some swole progress! :yup:
embracing recovery today, lats and hammy tenderness have eased up (finally)..feeling pumped, ginormous and very alpha-male! :hump:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
refreshed and recharged, knocked out a solid chest/tri session this morning..chest is coming back into its own, getting some deep indents going on near the armpits..strength is back up to par in this area!
BB incline bench, flat DB bench, chest-focused dips, skullcrushers, bent DB kickbacks were the order of the day, followed with weighted ab work.
another great session, I'm just grooving in the zone! :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
refreshed and recharged, knocked out a solid chest/tri session this morning..chest is coming back into its own, getting some deep indents going on near the armpits..strength is back up to par in this area!
BB incline bench, flat DB bench, chest-focused dips, skullcrushers, bent DB kickbacks were the order of the day, followed with weighted ab work.
It's easy to see that you have good genetics, particularly in the chest, I am not surprised that it's popping back up.

I wish my wife had a better eye, she has a tendancy to overestimate my progress and when I see pics I get a little disappointed. She's my biggest fan though..:veryhappy:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's easy to see that you have good genetics, particularly in the chest, I am not surprised that it's popping back up.
aww thx bro, yeah chest is definitely my strongest/most developed area, always has been. that's what makes it so depressing when it's deflated! :(
I wish my wife had a better eye, she has a tendancy to overestimate my progress and when I see pics I get a little disappointed. She's my biggest fan though..:veryhappy:
and that's important! :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Snagency is back with a vengeance!!
Keep it in kill zone up in here!!! :AR15firing: :rocketwhore:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah!..lit up da legs today, liked the format from last leg day, yet wanted to work in the higher rep ranges (12-15) rather than 8-12, so I modified a lil bit.
4x15/15/12/12 BB ATG squats
3x15/15/12 DB lunges
2x15 leg extensions
4x15/15/12/12 standing leg curls
3x12 each single-calf DB raise ss w/ BB standing calf raise (12 reps DB w/one leg, 12 the other, then 12 standing BB raises is one set)
toasted! :smoker:
I feel like that 'weebles wobble but they don't fall down' slogan - legs are like rubber but I'm still rocking! :rambo:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man, chest is still tore up from the other day, thought strongly about just turning this into a cardio day, but I'll have enough cardio coming soon enough..also, will have forced off training days TUE/THUR/SAT this week, so decided to run straight thru the rotation and hit back/bi's today and shoulders/abs tomorrow.
simple (yet strenuous) workout today:
4x12-15 D-grip cable pulls to front
2x10/8 bent BB rows (standard grip)
2x8 bent BB rows (reverse grip)
2 sets of 4 different exercises for biceps, all DB
and that was that. great pump going on today; lats and bi's just bulging, chest still swole from the other day, legs feeling it from yesterday..time to veg out and relax! :D

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
gearing up for some shoulder smash this morning, ETA about 1.5hrs..feeling great! :yup: