Sleep aides

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I plan on running the ALRI evoluation (JW, BAM, Restore) cutting plan starting next month with bulk cissus throughout.

I would also like to have a sleep aide on hand because I've read that several people have had trouble sleeping with the JW especially.

In the past, I have tried ZMA which knocks me out. But I have a major side effect. My dreams are so vivid that they wake me up with my heart racing, sweating, and wide awake. Ironic that this particular sleep aide RUINS my sleep.

I have read posts of others having similar side effects with melatonin. Does this make me "prone," so to speak, with melatonin as well?

I've read about mixed results with GABA so I'm not sure where I stand on that one.

I would be greatful for any suggestions or recommendations.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
REM by USP Labs is simply AMAZING to me.

You can use it when you want and then not use it when you do not.

It is ESPECIALLY good if you know you can only get a few hours sleep. You wake up and you feel like you had a full nights sleep.

CROWLER

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established

It is ESPECIALLY good if you know you can only get a few hours sleep. You wake up and you feel like you had a full nights sleep.

CROWLER
I will 2nd CROWLER in that, I also love their PowerFULL, GREAT sleep comes from that also.

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Applied Lipo Pm is awesome!!!

Night time stack for me:
Poseidon 2 scoops/500mg Gaba/3 Caps Lipo Pm!! Forget about it!!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
im goin to have to try that

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
many thanks to poison for suggesting pght. been to sleep clinics and tried prescription sleep aids. pght is the best sleep aid ive tried.

Jarrod

Awards
i have been taking melatonin for a while now.. and i found a nice chewable brand that puts me to sleep well.. i find no effect however unless i use 12mg+. half an hour after taking that the whole area around my eyes starts to tighten up im so tired.. but i have had the same effect youre talking about with ambien. id definitely give melatonin a try though, it's cheap

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i havent tried these personally but i have heard that GABA and Alphalactabumin are both pretty effective as well

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Masterbation...Works every time, and I sleep like a baby...

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Applied Lipo Pm is awesome!!!

Night time stack for me:
Poseidon 2 scoops/500mg Gaba/3 Caps Lipo Pm!! Forget about it!!
Nice stack...I add gaba to Poseidon and I'm out. I'll have to try Lipo PM for those nights when I need something extra. :)

Workin

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to clarify, I plan to take JW month 1, BAM month 2, Restore month 3. Cissus all 3 months as I've had joint/tendon issues in the past. I currently do NOT have trouble sleeping, but have had difficulty sleeping with other supplements which alter test/estrogen. So, I want to be fully prepared just in case.

Here's my impressions up to this point :

The posts about REM make me a bit skeptical that it will help me maintain normal sleep patterns.

I'm leary of the zinc and magnesium in poseiden, for me personally, due to my negative experience with ZMA.

Lipo pm looks like a sweet fat burner. But I think I might be missing where it actually helps with sleep.

Would I take powerful only at night as a sleep aide while I'm on my ALRI stack? Also, does this go into the "supplement overkill" category if I add powerful the ALRI stack?

I have about 50,000 more posts to sift through with GABA and melatonin. I wanna make sure I get this right before I start the stack.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY:
Xjsync, which company produces the sleep aide that you speak of?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I'm leary of the zinc and magnesium in poseiden, for me personally, due to my negative experience with ZMA.
Sorry to hear that celc5. What negative experience did you have from ZMA?

Zinc and Magnesium are both critical to have in your diet daily...particularly as an athlete. I'm not trying to sell you on Poseidon, but am just curious to know what kind of negative reactions ZMA gave you?

Workin

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear that celc5. What negative experience did you have from ZMA?

Zinc and Magnesium are both critical to have in your diet daily...particularly as an athlete. I'm not trying to sell you on Poseidon, but am just curious to know what kind of negative reactions ZMA gave you?

Workin
I have tried ZMA on 3 seperate occasions for 30 days with the same results. The first month was with ZMA PM by twinlab and the second try was with a bulk ZMA. Dosage was as directed by the labels (although I can't remember the exact dosages because it's been over a year ago).

Taking the ZMA at night would help me to fall asleep faster than normal. However, I'd literally jump out of bed after 2 or 3 hours of sleep EVERY night. My heart would be racing with cold sweats because of vivid dreams (maybe it worked too well and I was sleeping more deeply?). I would not feel rested and I couldn't get back to sleep as my heart continued to race. During the day, I would feel generally agitated, anxious, and jittery.

I tried cutting the dosage in half, modifying the time of day when I took the zma, with food, without food. No luck.

The third experience was with a week's worth of a free sample GABA product called nocturnal GH. Unfortunately, it had zinc in it and I had the same experience. After 3 nights, I threw the rest in the garbage so as to not make the same mistake again.

I generally respond very well to supplements. I've never had any truely negative experiences other than with zma.

Finally, it seems like poseiden is a great product. I simply don't think my body would agree with it's ingredients.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I have tried ZMA on 3 seperate occasions for 30 days with the same results. The first month was with ZMA PM by twinlab and the second try was with a bulk ZMA. Dosage was as directed by the labels (although I can't remember the exact dosages because it's been over a year ago).

Taking the ZMA at night would help me to fall asleep faster than normal. However, I'd literally jump out of bed after 2 or 3 hours of sleep EVERY night. My heart would be racing with cold sweats because of vivid dreams (maybe it worked too well and I was sleeping more deeply?). I would not feel rested and I couldn't get back to sleep as my heart continued to race. During the day, I would feel generally agitated, anxious, and jittery.

I tried cutting the dosage in half, modifying the time of day when I took the zma, with food, without food. No luck.

The third experience was with a week's worth of a free sample GABA product called nocturnal GH. Unfortunately, it had zinc in it and I had the same experience. After 3 nights, I threw the rest in the garbage so as to not make the same mistake again.

I generally respond very well to supplements. I've never had any truely negative experiences other than with zma.

Finally, it seems like poseiden is a great product. I simply don't think my body would agree with it's ingredients.
I've never heard of that before...interesting. :think:

Do you take a multi vitamin? Does it contain Zinc?

Workin

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have been taking melatonin for a while now.. and i found a nice chewable brand that puts me to sleep well.. i find no effect however unless i use 12mg+. half an hour after taking that the whole area around my eyes starts to tighten up im so tired.. but i have had the same effect youre talking about with ambien. id definitely give melatonin a try though, it's cheap
that's quite a dose there....do you feel hung over the next morning from that??

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the answer to everything :box:
A 2001 study[2] examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence followed by masturbation-induced orgasm. It found that abstinence over such periods "does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males."

A 2003 study[3] showed that serum testosterone levels reach a peak seven days after abstaining from ejaculation.

someone break this down into realistic terms.....so is it better to not have sex???

300Fan

Awards
A 2001 study[2] examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence followed by masturbation-induced orgasm. It found that abstinence over such periods "does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males."

A 2003 study[3] showed that serum testosterone levels reach a peak seven days after abstaining from ejaculation.

someone break this down into realistic terms.....so is it better to not have sex???
Even if it was a fact that sex was bad... Id still do it! :head:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never heard of that before...interesting. :think:

Do you take a multi vitamin? Does it contain Zinc?

Workin
Good point because I take a Centrum every mornin with 15mg Zinc and 40 mg Magnesium. No negative effects from that.

Just checkin a few labels and Primaforce ZMA seems to have a typical ingredients list (just as an example) with 30g zinc, 450 mg magnesium, and 10.5 mg B6. Regardless of which is the culprit, I'd rather refrain from adding these ingredients to what's already in my multi.

I've narrowed my choices down to GABA and powerfull. A few people on the USP forums are helping me with some powerful strategies here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/64350-powerfull-sleep-aide.html

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify, I plan to take JW month 1, BAM month 2, Restore month 3. Cissus all 3 months as I've had joint/tendon issues in the past. I currently do NOT have trouble sleeping, but have had difficulty sleeping with other supplements which alter test/estrogen. So, I want to be fully prepared just in case.

Here's my impressions up to this point :

The posts about REM make me a bit skeptical that it will help me maintain normal sleep patterns.

Lipo pm looks like a sweet fat burner. But I think I might be missing where it actually helps with sleep.

Would I take powerful only at night as a sleep aide while I'm on my ALRI stack? Also, does this go into the "supplement overkill" category if I add powerful the ALRI stack?

I have about 50,000 more posts to sift through with GABA and melatonin. I wanna make sure I get this right before I start the stack.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY:
Xjsync, which company produces the sleep aide that you speak of?
What i experienced when using REM, and i used it for 7 months straight was gradual recomposition which was cool, i woke up looking firmer for sure. Also when you take it you just start to feel more relaxed, not like your going to drop just that you COULD sleep. Then when you get to sleep and i always seemed to be out in about 10 minutes on REM i'd have a SUPER deep sleep, i actually FELT recovered it was just awesome. If you can't find REM right now then go with PowerFull at 2 caps before bed or 2 caps of IGF-2 that is also excellent stuff.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
ALRI Lean dreams. I used it during the days one point where I was a stim junkie and it knocked me out every night.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established