Should LG Sciences release more "Basic" supplements?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're on our Facebook page, you have probably seen this question posed; however, if you're not, would you like to see us release more "Basic" supplements such as dessicated liver tabs, multi-vitamins, and joint complexes?

Any and all suggestions or comments are appreciated! :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would depend entirely on the product honestly. I prefer to just eat liver than take the tabs, so I'd pass on that, but a multi-vitamin? Well, I've been wanting a Powdered Multi, one I could add to a pre-workout shake, and noone seems to make one. There's Essentials, but I get all the creatine I need from AS right now, so that's out.

I could go for a good superfood powder too - I realized everything I've come across is pretty underdosed once I actually sat down and did the math.

Finally, how 'bout a good hydrolysate protein blend to stack with BC+EAA for intra-workout?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont know man . . . the thing is, everyone is doing it or has done it. You will still need to find the edge over the competition.

In saying that, your flavoured BCAAs/EAAs blend is the bomb.

I like Resolve's idea of a superfood powder - that would stack nicely with existing products.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so we've got superfoods/extracts. I like that idea.

Any reason you are against the dessicated liver? Have you guys used any of the "good" products out there (there's only one company I know of who makes top quality dessicated liver). In a natural sense, I've never felt so dense and solid as I do on that stuff. I'm actually ashamed I haven't forked over the cash to buy it, but have pumped it into other things that I don't necessarily "need."

How about a multi-vitamin/joint complex/nutrient partitioner. Something that you take 3x/day in 2-3 capsule doses. How does that sound?

Any other ideas, throw them our way! Thanks for the suggestions Resolve and JKP!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, I haven't used desiccated liver - it's just one of those things that seems...unnecessary. When you only have so much cash to spend every month on supps, other things take precedence. But having not tried them, I could drastically be missing out for all I know.

The multi/joint/partitioner is a great idea. Originality like that is what would have to set these "Basics" apart from the competition. As Jakellpet said, EVERYONE makes a multi, so if you want more than a tiny sliver of the available market, you need something that gives you an edge.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How about a multi-vitamin/joint complex/nutrient partitioner. Something that you take 3x/day in 2-3 capsule doses. How does that sound?!
Sounds like you're talking about a 'Super-Slin' . . . nice. That'll give you 'The Edge'

(Not to be confused with the guitarist from the popular Irish band U2)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A multi-vitamin with joint support and a "SLIN Blend/Complex" sounds like an awesome idea. It would be less support than SLIN itself, but helpful nevertheless. ALA+Cinnamon or something?

I really like the superfood idea, too. Spirulina and some other goodies, perhaps?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be down for some good quality liver at the right price; I've had some iron problems from the high amounts of cardio done (Hemolytic Anemia) plus the occassional caffeine use.

As for Green Superfoods, I just stocked up. Got a few lbs of Chlorella, Spirullina, Wheatgrass, Barley Grass.... ugh do they ever taste bad but I'm sure it's worth it lol.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could do without the grasses in a superfood. Spirulina and Chlorella are cool, some good berry extracts and herbs would make it killer. I've actually been working on formulating my own blend...

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A multi-vitamin with joint support and a "SLIN Blend/Complex" sounds like an awesome idea. It would be less support than SLIN itself, but helpful nevertheless. ALA+Cinnamon or something?

I really like the superfood idea, too. Spirulina and some other goodies, perhaps?
Hey now we're talking IC - Spirulina is highly under-rated IMO. The superfood idea could run solo, or even as an additive . . . ?

I'm generally a generic-brand consumer of these types of products, however something like this could definately swing my vote.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
id be down for any of that stuff all sounds good.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
maybe LG omegas fishoil.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
These are all great ideas. Keep them coming. :)

Now that the Anabolic Diet is so popular, I think the superfoods would be a great idea. It's hard to get some of that stuff in, especially the fruits.

Cfour

Cfour

Awards
  • Established
Superfood sounds great. LG ever thought of developing there own cycle support supps?

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see a multi-vit or some sort of greens food or berry mixture type of item <powder form>.

Superfood sounds great. LG ever thought of developing there own cycle support supps?
x2

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im a huge fan of green tea... having a tub of that would be mint!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im a huge fan of green tea... having a tub of that would be mint!
A coleus + green tea weightloss capsule sounds supreme! I've never seen those two put together in one cap, but people are always stacking them for recomposition effects and weightloss.

So far, we've got...

Coleus + Green Tea
Superfoods
Cycle support products
Multi-vitamin/joint support/nutrient uptake
Hydrolysate protein blend
Dessicated liver
Fish oil (there would have to be some distinguishing characteristic to this - Maybe EPA/DHA/CLA)

Now that tea has been mentioned, I also think an LG-specific line of actual tea would be something cool to look into. I know how many tea-fiends are out there. It's just a thought...Maybe different teas geared towards metabolism-boosting and antioxidant effects. "Bodybuilding-specific tea" if you will.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A coleus + green tea weightloss capsule sounds supreme! I've never seen those two put together in one cap, but people are always stacking them for recomposition effects and weightloss.

So far, we've got...

Coleus + Green Tea
Superfoods
Cycle support products
Multi-vitamin/joint support/nutrient uptake
Hydrolysate protein blend
Dessicated liver
Fish oil (there would have to be some distinguishing characteristic to this - Maybe EPA/DHA/CLA)

Now that tea has been mentioned, I also think an LG-specific line of actual tea would be something cool to look into. I know how many tea-fiends are out there. It's just a thought...Maybe different teas geared towards metabolism-boosting and antioxidant effects. "Bodybuilding-specific tea" if you will.

the tea idea is great...;)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A "good" liver product that is well priced and doesnt destroy my stomach would be quite welcomed

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've always liked LG for their hormonal products. There are so many people producing "basic" stuff, it would be a tough sell. But, the superfoods thing doesn't sound bad. Maybe a powder that had all those cool phytonutrients with some dextrose and ALA (or other insulin "potentiators" or "mimickers".

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always liked LG for their hormonal products. There are so many people producing "basic" stuff, it would be a tough sell. But, the superfoods thing doesn't sound bad. Maybe a powder that had all those cool phytonutrients with some dextrose and ALA (or other insulin "potentiators" or "mimickers".
Hormonal products are great, but let's not forget that you have to have everything else in order first, and that means going "back to the basics." - Basics should be the foundation for every bodybuilder.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Hormonal products are great, but let's not forget that you have to have everything else in order first, and that means going "back to the basics." - Basics should be the foundation for every bodybuilder.
I'm not arguing that point. Initial question was what I would like LG to produce... and the basics aren't what I would like to see from LG.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not arguing that point. Initial question was what I would like LG to produce... and the basics aren't what I would like to see from LG.
We'll definitely still be pumping out hormonals. - Some exciting new stuff lined up in that realm. :D

isoc

Awards
  • Established
basic hormone products, especially the mmv2 compound by itself, no support complex, no sublingual, just the hormone, old school delivery. The rest of the stuff surrounding this hormone in the current product and the sublingual delivery are the only things stopping me from purchasing the mmv2. Would love to dose that at about 700-1000 mgs per day for 6-8 weeks, think it would be a great base with another compound, eg, epi or hdrol.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
A multi and a fish oil product. I would buy for life if the price is right and considering all stuff from LG sciences, i know it will be top notch.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is the trend - especially with the uncertainty of hormonal products in the US, companies are covering their bases by branching out into other areas.

It's smart business :thumbsup:

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
basic hormone products, especially the mmv2 compound by itself, no support complex, no sublingual, just the hormone, old school delivery. The rest of the stuff surrounding this hormone in the current product and the sublingual delivery are the only things stopping me from purchasing the mmv2. Would love to dose that at about 700-1000 mgs per day for 6-8 weeks, think it would be a great base with another compound, eg, epi or hdrol.
^^^^THIS:)

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
also i would love to see a good LG joint complex.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Funny you should mention that, we are working on one as we speak!

Da OG Hulk

Awards
quick question.. sorry i am doing this on here i jsut cant figure it out.. but how do i post a new thread?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lord knows I need a good joint support supplement..

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would love to see more basic supps out of LG, especially as the gov is becoming stricter on hormonals. it is nice to see innovative supps like pSARM and T-911 (especially if it didnt have any Y). But I think the trend with the protein and bcaa could keep going into multis, joint support, etc.

I wouldnt want to see liver tabs though, as the liver is meant to filter out toxins and with everything they put into cows these days...

Just seems like with liver tabs you may be consuming many unwanted chemicals as well as prions.

protempsfish

Awards
I would love to see a couple of things. One company makes a supp that is geared to male consumers. The product claims to 'Reduces excess body fat-especially in the abdominal region. Increases the body's natural production of testosterone. Preserves and builds lean muscle tissue. Enhances the body's cellular repair mechanisms. Facilitates the conversion of a powerful-cancer-promoting- estrogen, to the safer beneficial 2-hydroxy and 2-methoxy estrogens. Maintains prostate health. Fights excess free radicals. Helps the body deal with excess stress. Reduces excess inflammation'
This to me would be something I would take every day and I would consider a basic supp. All natural ingredients also make it very appealing and easy to market. The other product I'd like to see would be a super powder supp that would include daily intake of veggies/greens. One that has hawthorn b for heart, milk thistle for liver, taurine for heart/clarity/energy.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
whatever happened to the PB lipotropic protein? Any chance of bringing that back on your site at least?

For basics, I would say price is number 1 factor for me

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
whatever happened to the PB lipotropic protein? Any chance of bringing that back on your site at least?

For basics, I would say price is number 1 factor for me
You know our products are very high quality, and I find it hard to beat our prices as well. We take care of you guys. ;)

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
You know our products are very high quality, and I find it hard to beat our prices as well. We take care of you guys. ;)
yeah, i definitely didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just meant that pricing is probably my number one factor for basics personally. i really like the green tea and forskolin combo idea too. now what about the PB lipotropic protein!! :afro:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, i definitely didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just meant that pricing is probably my number one factor for basics personally. i really like the green tea and forskolin combo idea too. now what about the PB lipotropic protein!! :afro:
From what I understand, all of the previous flavors will be upheld in our protein, but it may be a while from now that they are all offered, but I may be wrong. Craig or Eric could help answer this more clearly.

I am currently using the new chocolate and like it very well, but I agree that the peanut butter was DELICIOUS!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
An anti-catabolic product with creapure and beta-alanine would be to my liking.

protempsfish

Awards
I am not trying to sound like Donald Trump or anything but I am a partner in a couple of successful companies and I have taken business 101. Even though my company’s don’t sell supps, it is the same in any business. To sell a superior product that will instill buyer brand loyalty and manufacture your product at the most cost effective price. Everyone wants the same thing. I would think in the supp business you are up against numerous companies that sell similar (if not identical) products. I know LG is famous more for the cycled prohormone supps i.e. Methyl 1-D, Methyl Masterdrol etc. but this company should strive for a product that is utilized on a daily basis and thus would be able to be taken by the every day consumer, such as multi v's, natural supps etc. You dont want your customers using your product 4 weeks on and taking 4 weeks off! This is probably why this thread was started in the first place. I would think LG's current prime demographic target would be males aged 18-25 and your 'signature product' (the prohormones) are a great thing to market. HOWEVER, if you want long term success, LG needs again to focus on other demographics, the ones that can use your products from 18-60 yrs old! Easier said then done but it can be done if you follow the afore mentioned advice. You already have a steady and loyal following and you need to carry it over to an older generation. Word of mouth is a powerful selling tool and if word gets out that LG is a reputable company that has its consumer’s needs as its number one agenda then success will surly follow. Just my 2 cents.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what I understand, all of the previous flavors will be upheld in our protein, but it may be a while from now that they are all offered, but I may be wrong. Craig or Eric could help answer this more clearly.

I am currently using the new chocolate and like it very well, but I agree that the peanut butter was DELICIOUS!
I've still got several tubs of the PB - saving it for future enjoyment! :D

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've still got several tubs of the PB - saving it for future enjoyment! :D
I think you bought us out!...with a little thanks from.....................;), Next time Im in Dallas you might have to sell me a tub:lol:

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I would love to see a bar like VPX's. No sugar alcohol and no soy. That would be a dream come true!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That is tough to do for sure. We are moving as fast on as many projects as possible. I will keep everyone informed of our progress.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LegalGear would u ever consider releasing mmv without the y or with a y substitute like alpha y for those of us who really like mmv2 but cant tolerate very much because of the Y.