Should I add some BCAA's into my regimen?

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
I'm currently on protein, creatine, and Anabeta. Wondering if I should add in some BCAA's to promote muscle hypertrophy and recovery. Thoughts? (Running to store tomorrow morning).

Stats:
Age 18
Sex M
Weight 170lbs
Height 6'0

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could only help. I personally like a higher ratio like 8:11, but whatever is on sale or best bang for the buck at your store will work. BCAAs trigger protein synthesis

Bagged01

Awards
  • Established
yes BCAA is key along side a great diet and alot of sleep for recovery and muscle growth

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Prolly depends upon your total calories and protein intake each day but they can be great around training.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think BCAA's can only be a good thing; so if the funds allow it, why not?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Aminos don't trigger hypertrophy though. They induce growth by stimulating protein synthesis (rebuilding your muscles)

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
yes, as mentioned, it can only help. Try and sip on 5-10gs when training and between meals.

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
Alright, I got some, but when do I take it?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I utilize mine mostly intra-workout, but as others have said, in between meals (particularly if there's a long time between) is optimal.

I will say this, though, that at 18, I don't think it's as necessary. I didn't use BCAAs until I was 24 and I'd done fine without any intra-workout drinks up to that point (not saying I wouldn't have done better, just saying I did fine).

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bcaas are a good idea in my opinion lots of benefits to them.

SizeUp

Awards
There's some good info at dangerouslyhardcore.com bout leucine... the guy kinda hates on BCAA's but the leucine info is great. I know there's a company on this site that has a pure leucine powder i'm considering useing it with each meal to improve protein uptake.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I think BCAA's can only be a good thing; so if the funds allow it, why not?
agreed,could even go with a tub of SNS leucine powder =)

fantastic price regardless of where you buy,last a while and take whenever.

I take 1 scoop am and 1 scoop during any training sessions.

SizeUp

Awards
agreed,could even go with a tub of SNS leucine powder =)

fantastic price regardless of where you buy,last a while and take whenever.

I take 1 scoop am and 1 scoop during any training sessions.
This is what i was thinking about using, do you like the product? Company seems pretty legit.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is what i was thinking about using, do you like the product? Company seems pretty legit.
It (sns leucine) is flavorless...so apart from mixing it in with something flavored, it doesn't taste the greatest....but as with all SNS supps, it's high quality...

SizeUp

Awards
Sweet, i'll def give it a try next pay day is gonna be a big order i think lol

yensid

Awards
I just mix sum bcaa-eaa with sum unflavored carb powder for post drink

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
YES!

I dig Xtend- but I tried X7 (I believe is name...?) today and it is OK.

HUGE strength gains with Scivation Xtend!!!!

Look for NRC Ergo-Blitz when they release it!!!! BCAA's and the most advanced NO matrix on the market. cabergolean.com

I'm currently on protein, creatine, and Anabeta. Wondering if I should add in some BCAA's to promote muscle hypertrophy and recovery. Thoughts? (Running to store tomorrow morning).

Stats:
Age 18
Sex M
Weight 170lbs
Height 6'0

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
It's a good idea to have specific periods where you don't. Refractory periods allow you to maximize protein synthesis rates.
Can you explain for me please? I like to learn, and this sounds interesting.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Can you explain for me please? I like to learn, and this sounds interesting.
Basically - and this is in Layman's as I am a bit too exhausted to go into any detail, sorry - if you continually eat protein to provide amino acids in your bloodstream your body gets less responsive to them in regards to protein synthesis rates. If you leave a refractory period between providing the amino acids, the body is more responsive to them.

Think of it like knocking on someone's door to wake them up. Would you constantly knock until your knuckles split and bleed or would you bang a few times and wait before banging a few more times and waiting again.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
BCAA's are superior to lecuine only. 2:1:1 is what is needed for proper function. That's why you can find studies showing leucine added to protein and seeing no difference vs a protein only group. The other two amino's are vital. That's why you see tons of research on bcaa's in that specific ratio and not on the others.