What should add or subtract

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey folks wassup AM it's been a minute since I've posted but I certainly been reading and comprehending..

So hopefully someone can chime in with some suggestions.

Iam currently full natty atm no pw,no natural anabolics no nothing. I'll be grabbing a pw and possibly glycosurge possibly next week.
So here's some information about myself iam 45 5'8" 205-210lbs bf unsure I'd say between 15-20%.
Been messaging around in gyms and weights/fitness since the early 90s. While in most my youth I never dove Into the diet side until reaching my later yrs (I was force too).
So enough about all that I'll answer any questions I forgot to mention.But here we go so my workouts usually last about and 90mins on a average. My whole workout routine is supersets. So mybe around the 45 mins mark energy levels are starting to crash down and workout seems unproductive to a degree.
Most days my first meal is my PW consistenting of
45-50g protein
30-50g Carbs
Hardly no fats.
Whenever I go over on the carbs I feel bloated as hell..
Couple months ago during summer I tried working out fasted and to my suprise my workouts were not going how I expected they were actually ok.. I felt and looked flat but energy levels were I'd say exceptional due to my fasted state. .
So iam wondering is it my style of training (which I fucking love)or food choices or something else..
I'll also add I just came off TRT cold turkey in March due to a broken leg which required surgery and sidelined me until early July..
@Smont @Hyde Y'all always offer helpful and quality information so I am definitely tagging you two..
I also try and keep carbs low as I can throughout the day I mainly aim for no more than 200gs carbs daily and 190-200g Protein I honestly don't keep track of Fats (could this possibly have a lot to do with it)

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would subtract hitting the enter key more than one time.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I see your thread title but I don't understand the actual question at hand lol?

I would add a pre workout meal or at least some intra workout eaa and a little carbs. While your workouts might feel really good, if your goal is to build muscle then training fasted is probably worst thing you can do. When you don't have amino acids and carbohydrates to supply to the muscles your body will break down your own muscle tissue to get those amino acids and energy.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

I would add a pre workout meal or at least some intra workout eaa and a little carbs. While your workouts might feel really good, if your goal is to build muscle then training fasted is probably worst thing you can do. When you don't have amino acids and carbohydrates to supply to the muscles your body will break down your own muscle tissue to get those amino acids and energy.
Do you also suggest this on a cut?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you also suggest this on a cut?
Absolutely, you're goal to cut is to preserve as much muscle as possible, if you're in a caloric deficit and there's no food in you you're just going to loose muscle faster. If you wanna do fasted cardio that's fine but weight training is to build muscle, when you lift weights your muscles break down and you need to supply amino acids and glycogen to build them back up and to fuel them. If you have no food in you and you're truly fasted and the only thing your body can do is break down muscle tissue to steal the amino acids. Eventually you're going to eat and repair but you're taking two steps backwards and only one step forwards.

Now if your goal is solely to loose weight and you don't care about preserving muscle then sure, train fasted. But at that point you're really just using weightlifting as a form of cardio or a form of exercise to burn calories. Not a very optimal way to do things

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I would add a pre workout meal or at least some intra workout eaa and a little carbs.
While you didn't understand the actual question it doesn't matter because you provided helpful suggestions and information.

What intra eaa's would you suggest that worked for you? Also with the intra drink is this to be consumed before the workout or during? This is separate from a pre-work drink correct?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Something I just noticed is you said that after about the 45 minute mark you seem to start slacking or whatever you want to call it. If that's the case the later you get into your workout probably the more unproductive it's going to be or you can counterproductive. I would find a way to maximize everything I could in that first 45 minutes to an hour and then get everything after that.

Total calories for the day will determine your total weight loss or gain, but you can still optimize your nutrition for better results. If you're sticking to a fairly low carb diet like you say 200 g of carbs or less I would eat the majority of those carbohydrates around the workout because that's when they're most useful to you.
While you didn't understand the actual question it doesn't matter because you provided helpful suggestions and information.

What intra eaa's would you suggest that worked for you? Also with the intra drink is this to be consumed before the workout or during? This is separate from a pre-work drink correct?
Intra means during your workout. I would still rather see someone eat a meal a hour or so pre workout or even a shake 30-45min pre workout, anything is better then training fasted. But at bare minimum I'd say get some essential amino acids and some fast digesting carbs during your workout. Carbs are most useful around the workout window, so someone like you who's eating a fairly low carb diet, 200 g or less, if my carbs were that low, I would eat all of my carbs around my workouts, or at least the majority of them.

I don't have a eaa supplement of choice. I just look for whatever one has the most aminos for the lowest price and I buy it as long as it's from a reputable brand. For intra workout carbs I normally use plain old dextrose powder because it's dirt cheap.

Total calories and protein for the day are going to be the main deciding factors but to maximize results I'm a firm believer in Peri workout nutrition which means the meals you eat pre and post workout along with whatever you're taking intra workout or going to be the most important of the day.

Around the workout you want protein and carbs, minimal to no fat.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Smont Yeah definitely a good idea to move carbs around workout (which I been doing) but probably wasn't enough..
Appreciate the information and suggestions PW just came early this morning from Amazon so that definitely help workout mentally..
Just waiting on that dextrose drink I ordered. Also added some creatine chews today also. Iam still amped right now from preworkout..

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I kinda like working out all natty it forces you to actually find solutions vs just throwing drugs at the problem. Geared up is just a dam good cheat code. It'll definitely cripple you (knowledge wise)if starting too early in your journey..