Short Cycles More Often vs Long Cycles

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I’m on 22mg of lgd right now and it’s week four. My plan all along was to run it for 12 weeks but now I’m wondering if I should run it for six instead and then take a shorter break and run another six week cycle later. It’s mostly because I don’t like the idea of a long recovery and waiting period until I can run a cycle again. It’s also difficult to get to the gym right now but my job is a super intense workout itself so that helps.

What do you guys think? Are you into longer or shorter cycles? Obviously the guys on trt have less to worry about when running long cycles.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Longer cycles sucks because you build most muscles earlier in the cycle and rest then go back on will sort of refresh the body. Don't get me wrong there are different steroids that needs to be used longer like deca but there's still a limit. Then again never going off means you never lose anything but then we have high cholesterol BP etc for a long time which is a huge problem.

But say 6 weeks superdrol rest 6 weeks superdrol vs 12 weeks I'd say you gain more with the first option

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’m on 22mg of lgd right now and it’s week four. My plan all along was to run it for 12 weeks but now I’m wondering if I should run it for six instead and then take a shorter break and run another six week cycle later. It’s mostly because I don’t like the idea of a long recovery and waiting period until I can run a cycle again. It’s also difficult to get to the gym right now but my job is a super intense workout itself so that helps.

What do you guys think? Are you into longer or shorter cycles? Obviously the guys on trt have less to worry about when running long cycles.
Since it is LGD I think you should run it for at least 8 weeks. I have heard gains on LGD don’t even come till week 3 or 4 so if you only run it for six weeks in essence 3 or 4 of those weeks are wasted since you didn’t have any gains during that time. If you run it for 8 weeks a lesser percentage of the total cycle weeks is “non gain weeks” so from a pure mathematical perspective it makes sense.If it were a methylated steroid like DMZ than a shorter cycle would be more warranted sjnce gains come much more rapidly in a short period of time and also due to toxicity.

I would only advise running it shorter if you plan to move on to something more potent on your next cycle like DMZ. Are you planning on running LGD again, if not what do you have planned for your next run?

I have always wondered from a health perspective what would be less of a negative impact to a user, running three short 4 week yearly cycles of a methylated or 2 eight week cycles of a nonmethylated in a year. The first option is a more toxic compound , but the runs are shorter (only half as long) and you are only “on cycle” for a total of 12 weeks a year, rather than 16.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since it is LGD I think you should run it for at least 8 weeks. I have heard gains on LGD don’t even come till week 3 or 4 so if you only run it for six weeks in essence 3 or 4 of those weeks are wasted since you didn’t have any gains during that time. If you run it for 8 weeks a lesser percentage of the total cycle weeks is “non gain weeks” so from a pure mathematical perspective it makes sense.If it were a methylated steroid like DMZ than a shorter cycle would be more warranted sjnce gains come much more rapidly in a short period of time and also due to toxicity.

I would only as advise running it shorter if you plan to move on to something more potent on your next cycle like DMZ. Are you planning on running LGD again, if not what do you have planned for your next run?

I have always wondered from a health perspective what would be less of a negative impact to a user, running three short 4 week yearly cycles of a methylated or 2 eight week cycles of a nonmethylated in a year. The first option is a more toxic compound , but the runs are shorter (only half as long) and you are only “on cycle” for a total of 12 weeks a year, rather than 16.
You’re right, 8 weeks has to be my minimum with this. I’ll probably end up doing my original plan, which is to add yk11 for weeks 8-12.

I’m still figuring out my next cycle but I’m thinking of running tbol, maybe with TD trest as a test base. If I cut this cycle short then I’ll probably use the leftover lgd sometime down the line but I definitely think the main compound in my next cycle will be tbol.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Longer cycles sucks because you build most muscles earlier in the cycle and rest then go back on will sort of refresh the body. Don't get me wrong there are different steroids that needs to be used longer like deca but there's still a limit. Then again never going off means you never lose anything but then we have high cholesterol BP etc for a long time which is a huge problem.

But say 6 weeks superdrol rest 6 weeks superdrol vs 12 weeks I'd say you gain more with the first option
Well my plan has been to add yk11 for the last 4 weeks so it’ll serve as a myostatin inhibitor. Hopefully that’ll help the gains keep coming. After I posted this I realized that six weeks is to short with lgd.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think both have good arguments for/against, but I personally favour shorter blasts.

Newth

Awards
I would look at 8 weeks.
Weeks 4-8 have a good growth rate on a lot of cycles, 9-12 helping to hold bodyweight and mature the gains a little.

If you add YK11 and MK677 for weeks 5-8 you can maximise your gains with folistatin and igf-1.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
What if someone only ran one cycle.... ever.

Would the short still over power the 12-14 week cycle?

Newth

Awards

Interesting question but a hard one to do in reality.
16-20 weeks due to including EQ would be the start IMO.
But to make it as close to your genetic potential you need multiple compounds.
Unless you have a very good PED trainer and doctor on board plus diet and training on point you would have way to high chance of problems.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the gains are just starting to come now and I’m just about 3.5 weeks in. I’m up 5 lbs and look like I may even have slightly leaned out in the midsection just a tiny bit.
Newth - mk677 is a good idea. I’ve been holding on to 4 weeks worth and I’ve been tempted to throw it in the mix early but my plan has been to use it during pct. I figure this will help me keep gains when I come off the lgd and yk11.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Feeling wise I wish I could be on all year round lol. Not talking blast and cruise just be on multiple compounds all year. But we all know the bad effects of doing that.

Newth

Awards
I think the gains are just starting to come now and I’m just about 3.5 weeks in. I’m up 5 lbs and look like I may even have slightly leaned out in the midsection just a tiny bit.
Newth - mk677 is a good idea. I’ve been holding on to 4 weeks worth and I’ve been tempted to throw it in the mix early but my plan has been to use it during pct. I figure this will help me keep gains when I come off the lgd and yk11.
Yeah probably better keeping it then.
You'll also get to see how the YK is itself.
I'm really interested in YK, I'm sitting on 2 bottles atm. So many options.
What SERM do you have?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's like training natural really..whenever you work out you'll stop gaining so you eat more or take steroids. Or.. You just rest from working out, with steroids rest is less needed but that's about it. You won't keep building on 500mg test or natural close to the amount you did at the start.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sounds like your about 4 feet from the DARKSIDE.

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Man I couldn't handle lgd for that long and I tried. 8-9 week run was the longest I could push my self to handle it. Felt like death from about the week 4-5 point it's just not worth it to me.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah probably better keeping it then.
You'll also get to see how the YK is itself.
I'm really interested in YK, I'm sitting on 2 bottles atm. So many options.
What SERM do you have?
I have some clomid. You plan on doing 30/30/30/30 for pct.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I understand your comparison here but lol at 12 weeks of Superdrol. That would kill me. I wouldn’t even bother getting out of bed after week 5. Sane people don’t run SD for 12 weeks or even 6 usually, unless maybe they’re pulsing. I think a better analogy might be something like Halodrol for 4 vs 12 weeks. The difference in muscle mass gain would be significant for different length cycles. But you are definitely on the money with the risk vs reward factor on longer cycles.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand your comparison here but lol at 12 weeks of Superdrol. That would kill me. I wouldn’t even bother getting out of bed after week 5. Sane people don’t run SD for 12 weeks or even 6 usually, unless maybe they’re pulsing. I think a better analogy might be something like Halodrol for 4 vs 12 weeks. The difference in muscle mass gain would be significant for different length cycles. But you are definitely on the money with the risk vs reward factor on longer cycles.
Just taking about something everybody knows haha, but yeah superdrol is one I wouldn't wanna go that long with even though I'd think it's possible.. I actually don't get sides from anything else than tren and that's if I go too high and get night sweats, I also noticed crackly fingers during winstrol cycle.

I think dosage is more important than the compound. 5 or 10mg of superdrol is still gonna give more muscles than an average dose of most other steroids but nobody goes that low and arguably give less sides since it's barely androgenic.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

What if someone only ever had sex one time...and they would never do it again, even though they just felt better than they ever have in their entire life?

Unless you mean they never come off, doing one cycle isn’t going to happen for almost anyone. I would have stayed natty for sure vs risk my HPTA function for 3 months.

But to answer your question directly, the longer cycle has no downside over the shorter in that specific scenario provided the body can make an equally healthy recovery.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
IMO, cycle length on testosterone is much different than on orals/SARMs. plenty of the above listed compounds cause low E2, liver/kidney issues, etc, whereas IM testosterone does not. so it's kinda hard to compare them, as the side effects are completely different....

with that being said, I know some guys who favor shorter cycles as they prefer people don't know they're "on" and would like to keep gains more predictable. additionally, mysostatin has been shown to increase at 8 weeks or so on cycle, so gains can be limited by that mechanism, as well.

as far as HPTA recovery, I've seen more issues with recovery at 14+ weeks as far as the cycle length.... so if you're hoping to recover consistently, then cycle length definitely matters.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm starting to favor long Cycles with low dose AAS. Three compounds at the lowest therapeutic value possible for 20 to 25 weeks

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That's the spirit :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMO, cycle length on testosterone is much different than on orals/SARMs. plenty of the above listed compounds cause low E2, liver/kidney issues, etc, whereas IM testosterone does not. so it's kinda hard to compare them, as the side effects are completely different....

with that being said, I know some guys who favor shorter cycles as they prefer people don't know they're "on" and would like to keep gains more predictable. additionally, mysostatin has been shown to increase at 8 weeks or so on cycle, so gains can be limited by that mechanism, as well.

as far as HPTA recovery, I've seen more issues with recovery at 14+ weeks as far as the cycle length.... so if you're hoping to recover consistently, then cycle length definitely matters.
Agree with everything here big time.

Compounds matter too. If wanting a speedy recovery, avoid 19-Nors, and keep the cycle to 8 weeks tops.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish someone on AM would run dbol for 12 weeks and log it. I think that would shake up some of our beliefs about what could be run for extended cycles. We all know it used to be run super long in the ‘70s.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wish someone on AM would run dbol for 12 weeks and log it. I think that would shake up some of our beliefs about what could be run for extended cycles. We all know it used to be run super long in the ‘70s.
I want to know what happened to that guy who was recently running a log on here for DMZ and stopped posting half way through his cycle a couple weeks ago. Makes me wonder if posters like that had a heart attack and died or something.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to know what happened to that guy who was recently running a log on here for DMZ and stopped posting half way through his cycle a couple weeks ago. Makes me wonder if posters like that had a heart attack and died or something.
Hahaha. He dead bro.

I guarantee he just got bored or stopped his cycle. I’ve seen a few cycle logs on here that came to a random stop.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course you can run it long but it's not the smartest thing to do.

DarkWarrior

Awards
most I would do an oral only cycle is 8 weeks max and thats only the mild ones, var and tbol.

I know someone that ran superdrol 1 month on, 1 month off for several months and he put on a **** ton of mass with 0 bloat. But he had hella sides.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course you can run it long but it's not the smartest thing to do.
Messing with UGL steroids isn’t the smartest thing to do period. We make a lot of rules about these compounds that help serve as basic guidelines so that way users avoid some potential problems. As far as I know, the reason why people recommend using dbol for 4-6 weeks is totally based on liver toxicity and I think that fear has been blown out of proportion with just about all AAS, but especially dbol. With compounds like sdrol it makes more sense because it’s known to cause lethargy, but dbol is the opposite. Some say it makes you feel so good it’s almost euphoric.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Messing with UGL steroids isn’t the smartest thing to do period. We make a lot of rules about these compounds that help serve as basic guidelines so that way users avoid some potential problems. As far as I know, the reason why people recommend using dbol for 4-6 weeks is totally based on liver toxicity and I think that fear has been blown out of proportion with just about all AAS, but especially dbol. With compounds like sdrol it makes more sense because it’s known to cause lethargy, but dbol is the opposite. Some say it makes you feel so good it’s almost euphoric.
The reason any oral is 4 to 6 weeks is because when prohormones were created in the 2000s the companies didn't and still don't wanna kill someone and be sued because its basically medicin were using without prescription which effects hormones liver etc. There is no scientific research that recommend 4-6 weeks. When a thing like anadrol is prescribed it's sometimes months and at 100-150mg.

Then of course most steroids aren't used in medicin but regardless the 4-6 weeks is some prohormone recommendation for teenagers not to run it year round.

Basically it's highly exaggerated and rightfully so because else we'd see people run M1T for 5 months.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
Agree with everything here big time.

Compounds matter too. If wanting a speedy recovery, avoid 19-Nors, and keep the cycle to 8 weeks tops.
Thinking about doing.
Test 250 a week
With 10mg a day of SuperDrol now.

Test for 8 weeks SD for 6 weeks.

Yay or nay?

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
What if someone only ever had sex one time...and they would never do it again, even though they just felt better than they ever have in their entire life?

Unless you mean they never come off, doing one cycle isn’t going to happen for almost anyone. I would have stayed natty for sure vs risk my HPTA function for 3 months.

But to answer your question directly, the longer cycle has no downside over the shorter in that specific scenario provided the body can make an equally healthy recovery.

No I meant just one cycle. Been out of the game for 5 years due to injury. I’ve cycled some phs before hand like SD and EPI. Been back for 6 months now making solid gains. But obviously I want to speed **** up. Playing catch up essentially.

But the reason for only 1 cycle is because I’m 25 and my hair is starting to go. I’m cool with going bald, just not in my 20s. I’ll be starting RU58841 here next week for it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thinking about doing.
Test 250 a week
With 10mg a day of SuperDrol now.

Test for 8 weeks SD for 6 weeks.

Yay or nay?
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but you should take a little more: 4-500mg of test. That’s 100% more test with a very modest increase in sides, and won’t make any palpable difference in recovery vs 250 for the same duration IMO.

No I meant just one cycle. Been out of the game for 5 years due to injury. I’ve cycled some phs before hand like SD and EPI. Been back for 6 months now making solid gains. But obviously I want to speed **** up. Playing catch up essentially.

But the reason for only 1 cycle is because I’m 25 and my hair is starting to go. I’m cool with going bald, just not in my 20s. I’ll be starting RU58841 here next week for it.
If you don’t plan to be on TRT in your 30s at some point, don’t cycle exogenous hormones - that’s as plain as I can say it. There are long term effects from shutting down your production. That being said, you can cycle androgens that are very mild on the hairline. Primo and anadrol could give some massive recovery without hitting the scalp so hard.

Or, perhaps wait a few years? The drugs will still be there if it’s still important to you.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but you should take a little more: 4-500mg of test. That’s 100% more test with a very modest increase in sides, and won’t make any palpable difference in recovery vs 250 for the same duration IMO.

If you don’t plan to be on TRT in your 30s at some point, don’t cycle exogenous hormones - that’s as plain as I can say it. There are long term effects from shutting down your production. That being said, you can cycle androgens that are very mild on the hairline. Primo and anadrol could give some massive recovery without hitting the scalp so hard.

Or, perhaps wait a few years? The drugs will still be there if it’s still important to you.
I’ve thought about it, the whole point is so I can reach where I left off. Muscle memory is wonderful and amazing but still. Just want to speed it up some more. Know what I mean? I’m okay with trt. The idea of it, but def something I should put more thought into.

It’s just the thought of gaining my
Levels back and getting more lbm faster that is a good gamble in my mind.

Brenwad

Awards
If you decide to **** your hormones up by using gear, either proper gear you inject, or ****ty prohormones/sarms, you better prepare for a life of hormonal replacement. Long term test is the way to go. So few people ever recover completely from using gear, so dig in for the long haul. Blast and cruise, avoid using orals more than 12 weeks total per year, and stick to tried and tested compounds.