SamBoz19's Epic Daily Journal! Enter At Your Own Risk!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Update to follow later today...

I did my Leg and Shoulder workout last night so I will be making the update for that later on today. Stay tuned if your following along...

Cheers!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Legs and Shoulders!

Ok I have quite an interesting story to tell in thoughts of the day so definitely make sure to keep your eyes open for that. However, lets get down to business here as I am just having enough time to make my update...

Pics of the day:

Music Video to get this thing rolling:

One of my all time favorite classic songs...Bad to the Bone. The video is a montage of Ghost Rider...actually a kickass movie.

[youtube]wavStmgYJOM[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

5 minutes of cardio on elliptical

Squats:
20 reps@135lbs
15 reps@225lbs
10 reps@315lbs
3 sets of 8@365lbs
5 reps of 405lbs
3 reps of 425lbs
1 rep of 455lbs

Barbell Shoulder Shrugs:
4 sets of 10@250lbs (1 minute rests)

Leg Presses:
3 sets of 10@1010lbs

Hammer Strength Seated Shoulder Presses:
4 sets of 15@135lbs

Leg Extensions:
3 sets of 10@305lbs (1 minute rests)

Behind the Back Cable Shrugs:
4 sets of 15@185lbs (45 second rests)

Seated Leg Curls:
3 sets of 15@205lbs (1 minute rests)

Hammer Grip Shoulder Front Raises using 35lb DB's
4 sets of 15 (1 minute rests)

Glute Machine:
3 sets of 15@135lbs

Abs

End of workout...

Thoughts on Workout: Well since this was my last day of using IGF-2 I ramped up the dosages of both IGF-2 and DRIVE and man did it ever pay off. I was certainly in rare form and was blasting through this workout like an absolute machine. It also helped that I had my precious Purple Wraath (thank you babe :)) coupled with some Powerade Zero to fuel my endurance. Honestly this was the best workout I have had in months...just simply dominating!!!! :thumbsup:

Workout Rating: 9.7...A phenomenal pure adrenaline rush type of workout with intense aggression....yeah I was in rare form and felt great!

Workout Music Video:

DamagePlan- Save Me...a Kickass song indeed. RIP Dimebag Darrell.

[youtube]tAYxWdm_Snw[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Well ok now to explain the story...First my buddy Brandon made it to the gym to workout with me and he was able to at least last through my heavy workouts and then he was toast. He ended up heading home after putting in a solid workout. Now the interesting part of the story begins...Ok just as I was finishing my workout two people came into the gym...a woman and a man (a couple). The woman headed for the tanning bed area and the man went off into the cardio area. Anyway, I get done and go take a shower. As I get done taking a shower someone knocks on the door and at first I pay no attention, and then a second knock and a guy says open up Beloit Police Department...I'm like WTF?
So I answer um...kinda can't open the door right now...so he replies get your clothes on and open up. So I do so...when I open the door these three cops are like ready to pounce on me...one has his hand on his gun and other is ready to pull his billy club to beat me down and there is a big guy with them (ironically the coolest and level headed of the three) so I reply "What hell is going on?" The cop tells me the panic alarm was sounded and I'm like WTF?

So the situation cools down and we get everything squared away and I tell them I was the only one in the gym until the man and woman came in so I don't know who or what set the alarm off. Anyway fast forward through all the standard mumbo jumbo...I have my post-workout protein-carb shake and then go over to the leg press to start putting back the 45lb plates. The big cop comes over and is like sorry to bother you again...I'm like hey no problem your just doing your job and he says it was nothing personal about them acting like they were going to beat me down...I opened the door and I'm a big guy and they didn't know what to expect so they were following procedure. Anyway he asks me to go over the story again and I explain it and everything is cool and he says thanks. Now as I am leaving I politely say good night to them and the two smaller (nerd-dork) type cops act like real pricks and the bigger guy says have a good night sir...needless to say talk about a difference in personality. The two smaller cops...overcompensating for their size (neither one were in that good of shape and were probably picked on quite a bit in High School) by thinking they are something special because they hold a badge...those are the worst cops to deal with. The big guy...calm, cool, and collected with confidence...just doing his job...this is how all cops should act. End of story...

Supplements:

Upon waking: 4 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 1 Lipo-AM, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Post-Cardio: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-workout: 6 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 6 IGF-2, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

30 mins later: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!

Post-workout: 4 Neovar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-Bed: 4 IGF-2, 2 Lipo-PM (last dose of Lipo-PM :(), 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Scientific Talk: 7,8 benzonflavone (alpha-naphthoflavone)...is a standardized extract from the flower Maypop. Maypop is also commonly known as the Purple Passion Flower. Now to quickly point something out...do not be confused...this is not Chrysin. Chrysin is a part of the passion flower family yes (Passiflora caerulea) and the extract used from Chrysin is 5,7-Dihydroxyflavone. There is a big difference between these two flowers. While Chrysin is marketed as an anti-estrogen (it is quite potent, but only in rats) it has no effect on humans and the only possible way it could, would be that it would need absorption enhancers like bioperine or DHB to even have a possibility of working in humans. However, what should be noted about chrysin is that it has the possibility of interrupting thyroid function which in turn can make you fatter...definitely not what you want.

Now since that confusion has been cleared up...

Maypop leaves and stems can be used as an antispasmodic, astringent, diaphoretic, hypnotic, narcotic, sedative, and vasodilator. In addition, the Maypop flower is frequently used in the treatment of insomnia, epilepsy, hysteria etc due to its sedative and tranquillising effects. Now while this flower has many beneficial uses it is the extraction of the 7,8 benzonflavone (alpha-naphthoflavone) that is most beneficial to bodybuilders, athletes, and women breast cancer patients. The reason being...it is a very potent anti-estrogen also showing SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) like capabilities which in a nutshell means reduction of estrogen buildup in breast tissue...for guys this means possible gyno elimination and a drier, harder, and defined chest. The 7,8 benzoflavone is more bioavailable and better absorbed than the 5,7-Dihydroxyflavone (Chrysin) and has shown no impact or negative effects on thyroid function, but it is still lacks in absorption along the same lines of trans-resveratrol so therefore in order to reap its beneficial effects it would as well need absorption enhancers to work properly. Also of note...the 7,8 benzoflavone in addition to working as anti-estrogen/SERM has shown to also help stimulate Leutinizing hormone production which in effect means more testosterone stimulation...and obviously with a rise in testosterone means a rise in libido and sex drive hence why the Maypop flower the host of the 7,8 benzoflavone extract is known as the passion flower. However, whether or not the LH stimulation is caused indirectly from the anti-estrogen/SERM like effects the flavone has, or directly caused in addition to the the anti-estrogen/SERM like effects still has yet to be determined and more research is needed. Needless to say...this is one of those substances where a lot more research is needed as it shows a lot of potential...not just in the bodybuilding arena, but also helping out with general overall health.

Thats it for this episode folks....

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've got to love pictures of women and guns. :D

As always, very well done log sean! :thumbsup:

That's a messed up story with the po-po. I've had a few encounters over the years myself. "Napoleon syndrome" is very much a real thing lol!

I like Mr. Morrison's take on it all. Watch from about 2:20 in until the end. The spanish subtitles add a bit of humor as well LOL!

YouTube - THE DOORS MOVIE: NEW HAVEN (SUBTITULADO)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...While Chrysin is marketed as an anti-estrogen (it is quite potent, but only in rats) it has no effect on humans and the only possible way it could would be that it would need absorption enhancers like bioperine or DHB to even have a possibility of working in humans. However, what should be noted about chrysin is that it has the possibility of interrupting thyroid function which in turn can make you fatter...definitely not what you want....
Chrysin deserves a fairer assessment. It is not as bad as it came across here. :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Chrysin deserves a fairer assessment. It is not as bad as it came across here. :)
Well I use to use chrysin however never standalone. I always stacked it with DIM. Needless to say...I made my mistakes of falling for the marketing hype...if your a supplement nut and as curious about sculpting your body like me its bound to happen sometimes. After doing more extensive research on Chrysin my thoughts certainly changed on it obviously. By all means though please enlighten me with your wisdom Master Wizard...lol. :toofunny:. Honestly though Ike...if you have some sources or know something I may not please feel free to share...you can post up in my log and dispute my assessment...I welcome that all the time...its all about learning, or you can just pm me. Thanks for continuing to follow along bud. I definitely appreciate knowing your keeping a watchful eye on me. :)

Cheers bud!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
You've got to love pictures of women and guns. :D

As always, very well done log sean! :thumbsup:

That's a messed up story with the po-po. I've had a few encounters over the years myself. "Napoleon syndrome" is very much a real thing lol!

I like Mr. Morrison's take on it all. Watch from about 2:20 in until the end. The spanish subtitles add a bit of humor as well LOL!

YouTube - THE DOORS MOVIE: NEW HAVEN (SUBTITULADO)
LOL...thats some classic stuff right there John :lol:...thanks for posting that up. :thumbsup: Val Kilmer nailed that role didn't he?

Cheers to ya Brutha Man!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL...thats some classic stuff right there John :lol:...thanks for posting that up. :thumbsup: Val Kilmer nailed that role didn't he?

Cheers to ya Brutha Man!:cheers:
I think he did a great job as jim. The movie wasn't exactly historically correct as far as the doors go, however it was a good film none-the-less.

I just think it was cool he was arrested in New Haven, CT. Not far at all from where i grew up. :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Update to come later today!

I worked Chest, Abs, and did cardio last night. It was a decent workout. Needless to say, stay tuned my fellow followers...more pics, music videos, and scientific talk to come in the update later. :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Busy Busy Busy!

So yeah I've been pretty busy and swamped here this week. Haven't had enough time to make any updates here. However, I will be making updates tonight as I finally have some time to do so. Stay tuned...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
So yeah I've been pretty busy and swamped here this week. Haven't had enough time to make any updates here. However, I will be making updates tonight as I finally have some time to do so. Stay tuned...

Could we at least see some attractive females in the non updates:duel: :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could we at least see some attractive females in the non updates:duel: :)
Geez, do I HAVE to say "MALE!"? (No, you don't, babe...I knew you would say that. Just to get a rise out of you, LOL :D...Oh, so you think it's FUNNY now, do you? Come HERE and say that...I just might :)...Fun and games...) :p

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Chest, Abs, Cardio!

Alright so I have been busy as sh*t this week. Anyway, this workout was done on Tuesday night. Without further ado lets get down to business...

Pics of the day:

A double dip of the incredibly sexy Brooke Burke...

A Music Video to get this thing rolling along:

[youtube]2W2WjTr-_D8[/youtube]

The workout:

10 minutes of stretching

5 minutes of cardio on the elliptical

Bench Press:
25 reps@135lbs
4 sets of 12@225lbs
4 reps of 315lbs
1 rep of 335lbs

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Chest Press:
3 sets of 12@275lbs(Max weight for machine)

Incline DB Presses using 65lb DB's
3 sets of 12

Incline Cable Flyes:
4 sets of 10@140lbs (70lbs each side)

Cable Crosses:
4 sets of 10@140lbs

Abs

15 minutes of boxing work on the boxing dummy

45 minutes of cardio on elliptical (HIIT cardio for 20 mins)

End of workout...

Thoughts on Workout: Well this workout was pretty straight forward. I wasn't in the best of moods so I was quite the a$$hole so I am glad no one else was at the gym, but me. It was a solid workout as I decided to go light weight and high reps. The pumps were pretty solid as my chest was pretty much twitching from the pumps. Beyond that...I was pretty aggressive as when I was finished with the chest session I beat the holy hell out of the boxing dummy...needless to say that thing needs to be replaced soon. I was dropping some vicious shots...mostly working on my snap jabs with the left hand into a combo throwing some massive rising hooks. In other words...had the boxing dummy been a person it would've been lights out for them. Worked up a good sweat there and went onto busting some ass on the elliptical. Overall it was a pretty solid workout, but I have had better.

Workout Rating: 8.8 ...It was a solid workout, but I have had much better. Still can't complain I guess though because the pumps were pretty damn solid and I completely annihilated the boxing dummy.

Workout Music Video:

A fitting song for my mood...All that Remains- It Dwells in Me (definitely hit the nail on the head with this selection)

[youtube]_7u5N-KdFaU[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Alright I am going to make this section short and sweet. This week has been a pain in my ass and I have not been in the best of moods this week. Lots of frustration and just dealing with crap more or less.

Supplements:

Upon waking: 4 DRIVE, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Serving of Purple Wraath during cardio session

Post-Cardio: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-workout: 6 DRIVE, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Serving of Purple Wraath during training session

Post-workout: 4 Neovar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-Bed: 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Scientific Talk: Vitex Agnus Castus is a medicinal herb that has been shown in clinical studies to support fertility and treat common fertility disorders, particularly those associated with cycle irregularity and hormonal imbalance. With a long, safe history of human use, vitex was traditionally taken as a treatment for menstrual disorders, infertility, and menopause symptoms (Daniele, 2005). While the popularity of vitex as a nutritional fertility supplement is now starting to grow in North America, women in Europe have used vitex for over sixty years to regulate the monthly cycle and support their chances of becoming pregnant sooner. In the last decade, modern clinical science has validated the balancing, fertility-promoting properties of vitex - and a number of important clinical studies indicate that vitex does indeed exert a normalizing effect on the monthly cycle, as well as balance the hormones involved in ovulation and menstrual regularity. Better yet, vitex also appears to increase the odds of pregnancy.

Vitex agnus castus works by acting on the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus, which are responsible for releasing hormones or triggering hormone responses throughout the reproductive system. Vitex has been shown to regulate pituitary activity and promote the balance of estrogen and progesterone levels. The estrogens are important during the first two weeks of woman's cycle, preparing the reproductive system for ovulation, while progesterone is dominant during the second half the cycle (the luteal phase) and is instrumental in maintaining a pregnancy. Hormone balance is key to a healthy menstrual cycle and regular ovulation. Here, vitex has proven very efficacious in supporting progesterone levels during the luteal phase (after ovulation takes place). In sum, vitex both stimulates and regulates the key reproductive hormones involved in ovulation and assists in restoring balance and menstrual regularity.

Vitex has been shown to be particularly effective for disorders connected with hormonal imbalance, including LPD (luteal phase defect) or corpus luteum insufficiency. Many menstrual issues or infertility obstacles are associated with low or irregular production of progesterone during the luteal phase, which may contribute to LPD and possibly to a more complicated fertility condition, PCOS. Symptoms of LPD are associated with cycle irregularity and a short luteal phase, precipitated by lower-than-normal progesterone levels during the second half of your cycle. With regard to PCOS, hormonal imbalances and low progesterone may also contribute to the formation of ovarian cysts that lead to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Women with PCOS also tend to exhibit higher-than-normal levels of prolactin, which may inhibit fertility. As vitex agnus castus has been shown to support progesterone production and suppress prolactin, vitex may be suggested as a herbal remedy for menstrual cycle imbalances, luteal phase defect, and possibly PCOS (as normalized progesterone levels and cycle regularity may suppress the development of ovarian cysts associated with estrogen dominance).

Vitex agnus castus is also recognized as a safe herb. Vitex has been used since ancient times for various health benefits, and since the mid-1900s for hormonal imbalances and infertility issues. Vitex has no known side-effects and can be taken for up to 18 months continuously. When pregnancy is achieved, discontinue use of vitex agnus castus-containing supplements, as well as any other herbal-nutritional supplements. The benefits of vitex will increase over time, and maximum benefits are typically achieved after a few months of use. It is suggested to not take vitex or fertility supplements while you are using prescription fertility drugs.

Ok after getting all of that out of the way guys should supplement with this herb because Vitex also works as a Luteinizing-hormone secretagogue (LHS), but it also acts as an anti-progesterone and anti-prolactin agent. This means Vitex works to lower progesterone and prolactin concentrations in the body, which means less estrogen, easier release of body fat, and decreased depression. Scary enough, prolactin is even known to cause lactation in men. By lowering progesterone and prolactin you will increase Testosterone through various feedback mechanisms.

Main Reference: FertilAid Fertility Supplements: Optimize Your Chances of Conceiving!

Here are some studies to look if you so choose to look them up...

Vitex agnus-castus

Thats it for this edition...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
hope things start to look up man...never any fun when you're pissed all the time. I hate that feeling.

Im sure things will get better soon though. Keep your chin up!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
hope things start to look up man...never any fun when you're pissed all the time. I hate that feeling.

Im sure things will get better soon though. Keep your chin up!
Thanks for the encouragement bud. Yeah things are quite stressful at the moment and it just seems like I can't catch a break, but eh thats life. I don't back down, I just keeping going forward because eventually something will turn the tides and things will start to fall in my favor. Its all about perseverance.

Cheers to ya bud!:cheers:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
you're 100% right. As long as you take every experience you must go through and learn the positive's and negative's of it...you'll never be at a loss for knowledge. Thats how I like to look at it at least. It makes it a little easier to keep focused and driven when the chips are down with a philosophy like that. I try not to get too caught up with trivial crap at the same time. That's an easy way to over-stress and really cause yourself some trouble.

I'm sure you've got this all covered regardless...you seem to be a pretty smart guy and a good dude. Keep your head up, your eyes on the prize, and learn from it all :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Back Day!

Ok so this workout was done on thursday night. Lets get down to business here...

Pics of the day:

More of the lovely Catherine Bell...a nice double dip edition...yes I've always really had a thing for her. Not only is she stunning, but very intelligent and well-rounded. Her background is pretty interesting.

Music Video to get this thing rolling along:

Some old school Bon Jovi- Wanted Dead or Alive (My fav Bon Jovi Song)

[youtube]TFro05ieV5c[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

5 minutes of cardio on elliptical to warm up

Deadlifts:
15 reps@225lbs
10 reps@315lbs
3 sets of 8@365lbs
1 rep of 475lbs

Reverse Wide Grip Pullups:
3 sets of 12

Hammer Iso Lateral Reverse Rows:
3 sets of 12@225lbs

Lat Pulldowns:
3 sets of 10@220lbs

Seated Cable Rows:
3 sets of 12@270lbs

Abs

30 minutes of cardio on elliptical (15 mins of HIIT, 15 mins stable moderate intensity)

Thoughts on Workout: This was a pretty stellar workout as the intensity was top notch. Short rests all the way through the workout from beginning to end. I blasted through the deadlifts with ease...I'm aiming to get back to pulling 400 like its light weight (sets of 8-10). I had a great pumped feeling throughout the entirety of the workout and I built up a pretty good sweat so it was definitely an eventful workout.

Workout Rating: 9.2...Really can't complain...intense, heavy, and aggressive.

Workout Music Video:

Kickass video and song...

[youtube]twdQevB1YlI[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Well just more of the same BS stress...things have been better and will be better. Just have to keep my composure as I endure through tough times. Nuff said!

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Post-workout: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-Bed: 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Instead of posting a scientific talk section this time I will just be explaining two substances in my update following this one later tonight as I have some catching up to do here...I have to post my workout from last night as well my workout still to come tonight so stay tuned...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow, keep it up. this is the best log ive ever seen. honestly.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Legs and Shoulders!

Ok yes time to catch up here...

I did not workout last night like I planned on doing...my body really needed the extra rest so I'll do my arms tonight. Anyway, lets get down to business here shall we?

Pics of the day:

[youtube]LsU8bDYSoVs[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

Squats:
25 reps@135lbs
15 reps@225lbs
10 reps@315lbs
3 sets of 5@425lbs

Seated Military Presses:
15 reps@135lbs
10 reps@175lbs
3 sets of 6@225lbs

Leg Presses:
4 sets of 8@1300lbs (my legs felt like jello after these, but were massively pumped)

Shoulder Shrugs:
4 sets of 10@315lbs

5 minute rest

Leg Extensions:
3 sets of 12@305lbs (1 minute rests)

Behind the Back Cable Shrugs:
4 sets of 15@185lbs (30 second rests)

Seated Leg Curls:
2 sets of 10@230lbs (45 second rests)
2 sets of 10@275lbs (1 min 15 second rests)

Hammer Grip Shoulder Front Raises using 35lb DB's
4 sets of 12 (1 minute rests)

Glute Machine:
3 sets of 15@150lbs (1 minute rests)

Seated Calf Raises:
4 sets of 10@270lbs (45 second rests)

Bodyweight calf raises:
4 sets of 25 (30 second rests)

Abs

15 mins of heavy bag work with emphasis on my combos leading to switching into southpaw and then working on hooks to the body and finishing uppercuts

30 minutes of cardio on elliptical (15 mins of HIIT, 15 mins stable moderate intensity)

Thoughts on Workout: This workout kicked ass!!! I was in my typical beast form...hard and heavy weight with pure adrenaline and aggression flowing...thats how I roll! Honestly...I was able to go full out this time out because my diet was pretty solid and I felt great, not to mention I was ready to unleash hell and get all of my frustration and aggression out of my system. I needed a good explosion workout like this!

Workout Rating: 9.7...Really I couldn't have asked for more from my body...my mind and body were working together as one cohesive unit.

Workout Music Video:

[youtube]yjdqsA39sp4[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Well the day was pretty uneventful other than the fact I had plenty of time to get my diet up to my standards for the day and I had my buddy Brandon tag along during my training session so it was good times shooting the sh*t in between sets. Beyond that...I'm just keeping my head up and taking on the BS struggles and the frustrating circle of events that surround me head on...I back down from nothing.

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Post-workout: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Scientific Talk: Fenugreek... Fenugreek seeds contain hormone precursors that increase milk supply. Scientists do not know for sure how this happens. Some believe it is possible because breasts are modified sweat glands, and fenugreek stimulates sweat production. It has been found that fenugreek can increase a nursing mother's milk supply within 24 to 72 hours after first taking the herb. Once an adequate level of milk production is reached, most women can discontinue the fenugreek and maintain the milk supply with adequate breast stimulation. Many women today take fenugreek in a pill form (ground seeds placed in capsules). Funny note to add on here...since Fenugreek has shown the ability to stimulate milk production it also in effect can be used as a breast enlargement enhancer.

Ok now that interesting tidbit of info is out of the way...

Early studies suggest that in people with type 2 diabetes (also called non-insulin-dependent or adult-onset diabetes), fenugreek may lower blood sugar levels and may improve problems associated with high blood sugar levels. These problems can include frequent urination, excessive thirst, nerve pain and skin infections. There is one study that suggests fenugreek may also improve blood sugar levels in people with type 1 diabetes (also called insulin-dependent or juvenile diabetes). However, these studies have been small, low quality and not fully convincing. Better studies are underway that may provide more definitive answers. At this time, there is not enough evidence to recommend fenugreek for diabetes. Diabetes is a serious illness and should be treated under the supervision of a qualified health care professional.

A few studies suggest that fenugreek may also help to lower cholesterol levels in the blood, but there is not enough information available at this time to recommend using fenugreek for this purpose.

Furthermore, Fenugreek seeds reduces the amounts of calcium oxalate in the kidneys which often contributes to kidney stones. In animal studies, fenugreek appeared to lessen the chance of developing colon cancer by blocking the action of certain enzymes. Topically, the gelatinous texture of fenugreek seed may have some benefit for soothing skin that is irritated by eczema or other conditions. It has also been applied as a warm poultice to relieve muscle aches and gout pain.

What are the bodybuilding uses of Fenugreek you might ask? Well Fenugreek can help with weight control because Fenugreek can bind dietary fats to reduce their absorption. Fenugreek also helps to keep the heart functioning in good health as Fenugreek is rich in steroidal (furostanol) saponins—notably trigoneosides and diosgenin—which appear responsible for its healthful effects on blood fat and cholesterol levels. Serum total cholesterol, LDL and VLDL (bad) cholesterol, as well as triglyceride levels, can be significantly reduced, while HDL (good) cholesterol levels remained unchanged.

To branch off here...Testofen is an isolated extract of fenusides from Fenugreek. Fenugreek is known to be very rich in Furostanol Saponins and Steroidal Saponins, hence where the creation of Testofen comes from. A lot of the saponins from Fenugreek exist as saponin glycosides. Fenuside is a set of potent saponin glycosides is a unique extraction to Gencor Pacific Group which they have standardised, to give maximum benefits to users. Supposedly, they have done repeated studies and confirmed it's libido promoting properties. In addition to aiding in Testosterone support, it also acts like Testosterone by binding to the Testosterone receptor sites and creating Testosterone like activity. So it's activity is two fold. Testosterone is not just like turning on a tap wherein you fill as much of Testosterone as you want. The body has a balancing mechanism and each human body has it's own threshold for basal Testosterone levels. Testofen helps promote healthy Testosterone levels. In addition it acts like Testosterone and promotes libido and muscle mass.

Here is a link to show results of supposed human clinical trials to help prove the efficacy of testofen.

http://www.testofen.com/images/HumanStudies.pdf

In closing on this edition...please do not believe in the idea that fenugreek is going to aid in a significant testosterone boost...you need the testofen (specifically extracted for fenusides) to get what your looking for there. To give you an example in relation...its pretty much the same ideal where you need the Divanil extract from nettle root to get the desired effect and not the nettle root itself.

Thats all for this episode folks...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind sentiments and checking in bud. :)

Cheers to ya!:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Head UP, Bear. Roar at the world and hear it stun into silence...

...Yeah things are quite stressful at the moment and it just seems like I can't catch a break, but eh thats life. I don't back down, I just keeping going forward because eventually something will turn the tides and things will start to fall in my favor. Its all about perseverance...
That's the attitude, Bear (and I wouldn't expect anything LESS). Remember that "the exciting part is not what you know is there; it's what you don't know" (Dr. Davis McCain, Snowdogs). And even though it make look a little dim right about now, a brighter light is coming, and it will sweep you in its flood of brilliance and give you your chance to shine!

you're 100% right. As long as you take every experience you must go through and learn the positive's and negative's of it...you'll never be at a loss for knowledge. Thats how I like to look at it at least. It makes it a little easier to keep focused and driven when the chips are down with a philosophy like that...

I'm sure you've got this all covered regardless...you seem to be a pretty smart guy and a good dude. Keep your head up, your eyes on the prize, and learn from it all :)
I don't need to say anything more...But I will send you HUGS (LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS...And MORE...)

On a POSITIVE note, I second that! :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
That's the attitude, Bear (and I wouldn't expect anything LESS). Remember that "the exciting part is not what you know is there; it's what you don't know" (Dr. Davis McCain, Snowdogs). And even though it make look a little dim right about now, a brighter light is coming, and it will sweep you in its flood of brilliance and give you your chance to shine!

I don't need to say anything more...But I will send you HUGS (LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS...And MORE...)

On a POSITIVE note, I second that! :D
Thanks for the support and for the hugs babe...right back at ya! :)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
:jaw: where have I been while all this has been going on? subd for more ladies!!! lol and of course to give you some support! Keep up the good work.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
A possessed Chest and Tricep Workout!

Ok some adjustments to add to the party here. I have added a few extra supplements thanks to receiving a nutraplanet gift certificate (thanks Zach...its greatly appreciated and your the man! :thumbsup:) and having some nutrabucks on my account. Without further ado...the additions are: Dymatize Elite Whey (Pina Colada flavor...mmm damn this stuff is good! Taste good in water, but tastes heavenly with skim milk. I also now have some bulk Yellow Gold, Alpha Lipoic Acid caps, SNS RK-125 (Raspberry Ketones), and some caffeine nutratabs.

Now that I have that out of the way lets get down to business here...

Pics of the day:

Amy Weber...DAYUM!!!! :D

Hey Zach as a way of showing my appreciation...more JNL for ya to make your heart throb and your jaw drop bud...enjoy! ;)

[youtube]FJbR56BBUf0[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

Bench Press:
20 reps@135lbs
10 reps@225lbs
5 sets of 5@300lbs

Incline DB Presses:
5 reps using 85's
5 reps using 75's
10 reps using 65's
15 reps using 55's

Guillotine Presses:
10 reps@135lbs
10 reps@185lbs
10 reps@225lbs

Reverse Grip Bench Press: (Isolates the Triceps)
15 reps@135lbs
20 reps@135lbs
25 reps@135lbs

Tricep Pressdowns:
3 sets of 10@130lbs

Cable Crosses:
3 sets of 10@140lbs (70lbs each side)

Hammer Strength Seated Tricep Pressdowns: (modified dip)
3 sets of 10@285lbs

Cable Tricep Kickbacks:
3 sets of 15@50lbs

Abs

Thoughts on Workout: This was damn near the ultimate workout...pure raw intensity...a non-stop adrenaline rush. I was straight jacked. My aggression was at peak level and in a nutshell the wild untamed beast busted out of its cage and was on the prowl for some pure iron carnage. It felt good to hit up some guillotine presses and reverse grip presses (holy hell were my tri's pumped like they were titanium plated after doing these). Honestly, I was relentless through this whole workout and for most of the workout I had the gym to myself so yes in the words of Disturbed I was "Dropping Plates" and Getting "Psycho". Honestly I never tired during this workout...I felt invincible...finally let loose all of the suppressed aggression I have been keeping at bay and it felt great to do so.

Workout Rating: 9.8...I went absolutely nuts during this workout...I'm not sure how to put it into words to be honest...it was just F*cking phenomenal!

Workout Music Video:

[youtube]4EHFhc3BUms[/youtube]

Thoughts of the day: Well the day was pretty easy going for the most part. Still some lingering frustration and some disappointment, but hey talking to you babe brightened up the day. Beyond that all of the aggression and frustration finally was let loose during my workout and I feel a hell of a lot better. Sometimes I really just gotta go nuts and let the beast from within out to play

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 2 caps of Osteobolin-C

15 mins after: 2 caps of RK-125 (250mg of Raspberry Ketones)

15 mins later: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1 cap of ALA, and a 1/8 tsp of YG.

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE

15 mins after: 2 caps of RK-125

15 mins later: 4 NeoVar: Recomped, 1/8 tsp of YG, 1 cap of ALA

30 mins after eating: 1 caffeine tab, 1 gram of bulk L-Tyrosine, 1 gram of Chocomine, 500mg of rhodiola rosea (the tyrosine, Choco, and RR I have had for a while and I have just never used them up so I am doing so now), and 2 Osteobolin-C.

Serving of Purple Wraath before cardio session

Post-workout: 2 NeoVar: Recomped, 2 Osteobolin-C, and one scoop of Dymatize Pina Colada Elite Whey with an old Myoplex lite pack I found I had (still good, hasn't expired yet).

Pre-Bed: 2 Osteobolin-C

Scientific Talk: Stearoylethanolamide (SEA) is a fatty acid that works as a lipolytic lipid and is present in human, rat and mouse brainx. SEA has been shown to decrease food intake independent of PPAR and without changing hematochemical parameters such as glucose and triglyceride levels or leptin (a hormone involved with satiety) expression (Terrazzino et al. 2004).

The appetite decreasing effect of SEA was associated with a reduction in liver stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 (SCD-1) mRNA expression. SCD-1 is the rate-limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of monounsaturated fats and its reduction is believed to lead to increased fatty acid oxidation and decreased lipogenesis in skeletal muscle and the liver (Dobrzyn et al. 2005).

SEA is said to be present in amounts comparable with those of the endocannabinoid anandamide (arachidonoylethanolamide; AEA). Yet, the biological activity of SEA has never been investigated. We synthesized unlabelled and radiolabelled SEA to investigate its binding, degradation and biological activity in rat C6 glioma cells. We report that SEA binds to a specific site distinct from known cannabinoid or vanilloid receptors, and that AEA and capsazepine partly (approx. 50%) antagonized this binding. Treatment of C6 cells with SEA inhibits cellular nitric oxide synthase and does not affect adenylate cyclase, whereas treatment with cannabinoid type 1 agonist 2-arachidonoylglycerol activates the former enzyme and inhibits the latter. C6 cells also have a specific SEA membrane transporter, which is inhibited by NO, and a fatty acid amide hydrolase capable of cleaving SEA. In these cells, SEA shows pro-apoptotic activity, due to elevation of intracellular calcium, activation of the arachidonate cascade and mitochondrial uncoupling. NO further enhances SEA-induced apoptosis. Moreover, the cannabinoid type 1 receptor-mediated decrease in cAMP induced by AEA in C6 cells is potentiated by SEA, suggesting that this compound also has an 'entourage' effect. Taken together, this study shows that SEA is an endocannabinoid-like compound which binds to and is transported by new components of the endocannabinoid system. It seems noteworthy that degradation and pro-apoptotic activity of SEA are regulated by NO in a way opposite to that reported for AEA.

Check this study here: http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1222758&blobtype=pdf

So in a nutshell, this is something you might considering supplementing with during a cut as it can help increase metabolic rate, significantly support appetite control and immune health, help support healthy lipid profiles and insulin levels and promote optimal cardiovascular health. This looks to be something very promising indeed.

Thats it for this edition folks...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geez, thanks, babe. I feel REALLY INADEQUATE now. And somewhat depressed :frustrate (****! I wish this shite would just **** off!)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Geez, thanks, babe. I feel REALLY INADEQUATE now. And somewhat depressed :frustrate (****! I wish this shite would just **** off!)
For one...your not inadequate in any way, shape, or form. Second....no need to feel depressed or get frustrated with yourself :nono:...you look great and will only get to look even better. Keep ya head babe. :thumbsup:. Your a stunner yourself :chick: and you know it! Now granted you'll more than likely want argue about it so you have three options...Option A) :shoot:, Option B) :saw:, Option C) :gore:. Now maybe that can help brighten up your mood.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Waz up sean!

I'm back brother man. Sorry to hear about the stressful week, however as of late i can certainly relate. I think i know the answer to your problems.......move to tampa......that is all. :D

:bb3:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Waz up sean!

I'm back brother man. Sorry to hear about the stressful week, however as of late i can certainly relate. I think i know the answer to your problems.......move to tampa......that is all. :D

:bb3:
I would love to move to Tampa. Hell its beautiful there and then I would have access to Busch Gardens (I love that place) anytime I would like :D. Orlando or Tampa Bay...either one you can't go wrong. I am definitely aiming towards moving down there to that area for sure though, probably sometime in the next year or two if I get things to work out my way.

Cheers Brutha Man!:cheers:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would love to move to Tampa. Hell its beautiful there and then I would have access to Busch Gardens (I love that place) anytime I would like :D. Orlando or Tampa Bay...either one you can't go wrong. I am definitely aiming towards moving down there to that area for sure though, probably sometime in the next year or two if I get things to work out my way.

Cheers Brutha Man!:cheers:
Well i'm only 15 minutes from busch gardens, so we'll have to tear that place up! :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're moving to the states rosie?
I want to. Will definitely be working on it ('course, I want to get AN moving in NZ, too, so will have to juggle it all together, methinks :)) Wouldn't it be nice to have Rosie pop in for a training session? :toofunny:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I want to. Will definitely be working on it ('course, I want to get AN moving in NZ, too, so will have to juggle it all together, methinks :)) Wouldn't it be nice to have Rosie pop in for a training session? :toofunny:
Rosie popping in for a training session...mmm...I might tag along and make her work even harder...lmao. Get some gloves on and put up your dukes babe...we'll go a couple rounds. LMAO. :toofunny:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is awesome to hear. Florida will certainly be representing here on AM that's for sure. :D

It's pretty cool because a lot of us live within 30 minutes of each other already.

I'd be honored to train with you one day rosie if you move on over to florida......hell, i better up my game now just to keep up with you in case that does happen haha. ;)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Well that's good news to hear. I better get started so i can keep up haha.

Florida FTW!
Agreed....I've always been a Florida Man at heart ever since I visited Orlando for the first time...lol. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed....I've always been a Florida Man at heart ever since I visited Orlando for the first time...lol. :)

Well florida wants you back sean!

I sincerely hope you do end up down here man. It was the single best thing i ever did in my life moving here. I met my wife, and it's been amazing ever since! :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Well florida wants you back sean!

I sincerely hope you do end up down here man. It was the single best thing i ever did in my life moving here. I met my wife, and it's been amazing ever since! :D
Honestly...I've been wanting to live there for quite some time. However, due to certain unexpected tragedies (death of father) and life events (no need for a sob story) I've been stuck here in WI. Both of my brothers want to move to Florida as well (my middle brother is a big time fishermen) and the other is just woman crazy (my oldest brother). LOL. :D. Needless to say...I would say its definitely going to happen and I'd take my mother with me to make sure she is taken care of.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly...I've been wanting to live there for quite some time. However, due to certain unexpected tragedies (death of father) and life events (no need for a sob story) I've been stuck here in WI. Both of my brothers want to move to Florida as well (my middle brother is a big time fishermen) and the other is just woman crazy (my oldest brother). LOL. :D. Needless to say...I would say its definitely going to happen and I'd take my mother with me to make sure she is taken care of.

You're a good man sean!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly...I've been wanting to live there for quite some time...Needless to say...I would say its definitely going to happen and I'd take my mother with me to make sure she is taken care of.

What about ME? (she asks in a small, little girl voice; looking up at him with those big, brown eyes, like Puss 'n' Boots...) :toofunny:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
What about me? (she asks in a small, little girl voice; looking up at him with those big, brown eyes, like Puss 'n' Boots...) :toofunny:
Well obviously your coming with too goof...lol. I thought that was a forgone conclusion...hahahahahah. :D. (Smiles and gives her a wink).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well obviously your coming with too goof...lol. I thought that was a forgone conclusion...hahahahahah. :D. (Smiles and gives her a wink).

Was it just? And did you assume that all by yourself? ;) (Just playing...Of course I'm coming; someone's got to keep you balanced!) :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Was it just? And did you assume that all by yourself? ;) (Just playing...Of course I'm coming; someone's got to keep you balanced!) :D
Smartass! :toofunny:. Me assume...I am incapable of such things...that would mean it would make an ASS out of U and ME...hahahahaha. :icon_lol:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I lived in west palm beach for almost a year...I have no idea why I left...and in some ways I truly wish I hadn't. Florida is an amazing state.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a loose cannon myself haha. :p I'm kidding, my wife keeps me in line most of the time haha. :)

A good woman my she is. :chick:

Now.....both of you, make your way to florida! :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I lived in west palm beach for almost a year...I have no idea why I left...and in some ways I truly wish I hadn't. Florida is an amazing state.
Where are you at now?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I'm a loose cannon myself haha. :p I'm kidding, my wife keeps me in line most of the time haha. :)

Loose cannon yourself aye? LOL. Yeah I'm pretty aggressive and fiery myself bud...the alpha male attitude is always strong in me...hahahaha. :D

I'm pretty sure we'll be making our way there for sure! ;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Loose cannon yourself aye? LOL. Yeah I'm pretty aggressive and fiery myself bud...the alpha male attitude is always strong in me...hahahaha. :D

I used to be.....back in my young adult days with trip haha. The fun times we had man.

Now, i'm just an aging married guy........:(.........:lol:

Nah, i still have my moments....... just not as many. :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I used to be.....back in my young adult days with trip haha. The fun times we had man.

Now, i'm just an aging married guy........:(.........:lol:

Nah, i still have my moments....... just not as many. :)
Aging Married guy eh? LOL. Your still young bud. You sound like my oldest brother for god sake...he's turning 42. HAHAHA. :toofunny:

I keep my composure fairly well, but when I get riled up I know I am an ass...lol. In a nutshell...I'm either an all out clown and goof off (I'm very sarcastic), or I am an absolute D*ck...I don't really have much of an in between...I prefer to be decisive and leave nothing in purgatory more or less. I'm pretty calm for the most part though...ignorance, people being inconsiderate, or just flat out stupidity set me off rather quick though...:D. I blame my mentality on my social sciences course studies (anthropology, criminology, psychology, and sociology) LOL. :lol:

Cheers brutha man!:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Both of us are loose cannons, LOL (Sean just controls himself better than I do :p)...Getting there...Baby steps first...

And that Alpha Male has an Alpha Female to contend with! :D...For sure :)

I keep my composure fairly well, but when I get riled up I know I am an ass...lol. In a nutshell...I'm either an all out clown and goof off (I'm very sarcastic), or I am an absolute D*ck...I don't really have much of an in between...I prefer to be decisive and leave nothing in purgatory more or less. I'm pretty calm for the most part though...ignorance, people being inconsiderate, or just flat out stupidity set me off rather quick though...:D
That's what makes you so intriguing, though :)

BTW, we shall have to do Vegas sometime, too...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Both of us are loose cannons, LOL (Sean just controls himself better than I do :p)...Getting there...Baby steps first...

And that Alpha Male has an Alpha Female to contend with! :D...For sure :)

That's what makes you so intriguing, though :)

BTW, we shall have to do Vegas sometime, too...
Yes both pretty fiery so in a nutshell its you growling at me and me roaring back...hahahaha. :toofunny:.

Vegas...definitely...Sin city...let loose of your inhibitions and have fun. You'll just have to help me behave myself, or better yet I may have to help you behave yourself :icon_lol:. J/K. :p

Cheers Babe!:cheers: