SamBoz19's Epic Daily Journal! Enter At Your Own Risk!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well thats certainly a plus...lol. I think she may be lucky as well being a part of "Team Deuce"...lol. :D Seriously though bud...your a pretty honorable and cool dude from what I have seen through your posts.

Cheers to ya bud!:cheers:
I really appreciate that bro, thanks :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thoughts of the day: Well the day was pretty damn blah up until getting into a great 6.5 hour conversation with you ROSIE babe...lol. Still can't believe we chatted for that damn long :).
Yeah, neither, but it was all good :) Man, talking to you is like binging: very hard to STOP once you get started, LOL...Anyways, yep the IGF-2 definitely has those hardening effects; love it too!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dammit your log makes most look a tad plain (although I take credit for the whole song of the day thing....that trauma then stole...bastard)...:lol: Good updates Samm-bizzle .

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dammit your log makes most look a tad plain (although I take credit for the whole song of the day thing....that trauma then stole...bastard)...:lol: Good updates Samm-bizzle .
Now if i only had enough fingers to count the things you ripped off me over the years...........;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sean - Stellar log my friend!

You're doing a very nice and details log. I also love the pics of the day. :D

Keep up the good work buddy. I can't wait to get to bulking here in a few days. :woohoo:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well first to get this rant out of the way....F*ck I hate missing workouts due to outside interference from family members who do piss poor proper planning and have lack of communication. DAMN!!!!!!!:aargh: Ok end of rant...:D

Well first lets get the usuals out of the way...
Good job, so far, bud! Keep it up! :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I really appreciate that bro, thanks :)
No probs bud...I only speaketh the truth...lol. :)

Yeah, neither, but it was all good :) Man, talking to you is like binging: very hard to STOP once you get started, LOL...Anyways, yep the IGF-2 definitely has those hardening effects; love it too!
Yeah we really get going don't we? LOL. IGF-2 has phenomenal hardening effects for sure...I especially feel the hardness in my BI's and Tri's.

Thanks Tripdizzle...lol. As for getting credit for the song of th day thing though...hehe...I first edged ya along in your 3-AD log to post up the music videos and well I was doing the song of the day thing back months ago.

For your reference...my quote from your 3-AD log

Yeah diggin what I am seeing so far Trip! However, you could cosmetically brighten this log up a bit just by adding a youtube music video of your song of the day. Just a suggestion though. Other than that...keep on working hard bud. :thumbsup:
And here is my DRIVE/IGF-2/RPM log I ran back months ago...http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/79970-samboz19-s-partially.html

Its all good though bud...I'll still give you your credit...Hey your by far the innovator for best closing lines for sure...Bananas Bro...lol. :D

Now if i only had enough fingers to count the things you ripped off me over the years...........;)
LOL...gotta love the sibling smack talk...fun times. My brothers and I always talk smack like it's our jobs when we are in the same vicinity as well. Of course I generally get the upper hand considering I'm the young gun and I literally dwarf them in size (5'8" 165 and 5'11" 150 respectively- yes different fathers)...lol. :D

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No probs bud...I only speaketh the truth...lol. :)

Yeah we really get going don't we? LOL. IGF-2 has phenomenal hardening effects for sure...I especially feel the hardness in my BI's and Tri's.

Thanks Tripdizzle...lol. As for getting credit for the song of th day thing though...hehe...I first edged ya along in your 3-AD log to post up the music videos and well I was doing the song of the day thing back months ago.

For your reference...my quote from your 3-AD log

And here is my DRIVE/IGF-2/RPM log I ran back months ago...http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/79970-samboz19-s-partially.html

Its all good though bud...I'll still give you your credit...Hey your by far the innovator for best closing lines for sure...Bananas Bro...lol. :D

LOL...gotta love the sibling smack talk...fun times. My brothers and I always talk smack like it's our jobs when we are in the same vicinity as well. Of course I generally get the upper hand considering I'm the young gun and I literally dwarf them in size (5'8" 165 and 5'11" 150 respectively- yes different fathers)...lol. :D
I just listed the song title, not a you-tube, but it's all good cousin.

Trauma and I have had many retarded arguments, but they never last longer than a few hours...we have grown to appreciate eachothers stupidity...LOL

....as you were Sam-Bizzle :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Sean - Stellar log my friend!

You're doing a very nice and details log. I also love the pics of the day. :D

Keep up the good work buddy. I can't wait to get to bulking here in a few days. :woohoo:
Glad your enjoying how I do things bro. It is only going to get better the further along I go. Once I get set with the financial aspect of things...I'll get even more detailed as I will add in my diet and specific training setup. Continue to follow along for the long haul and you'll witness the evolution.

Good job, so far, bud! Keep it up! :)
Thanks Ike. Its only going to get better...I only know how to do things one way...thats to get going forward and getting better!

Cheers!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I just listed the song title, not a you-tube, but it's all good cousin.

Trauma and I have had many retarded arguments, but they never last longer than a few hours...we have grown to appreciate eachothers stupidity...LOL

....as you were Sam-Bizzle :)
The retarded arguments are classic though...I can't even begin to imagine how many my oldest brother and I have gotten into. Really the arguments get to a point where you just laugh because you can't help, but realize how stupid the argument is...lol. :D

Yeah your songs of the day were pretty kick ass....you have good taste in music there cousin...;)

Cheers Tripdoggy-dizzle:cheers: :toofunny:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Wasted Workout Day!

Well Wednesday night I got a pretty good cardio workout in because of my softball game, but later in the night my weight training workout was cut short...not happy about it. I will explain later during thoughts on the workout...

Pics of the day:

This one is for you Zach...you asked for more JNL...you got it bud...lol. :)

Jessica Canizales....WOW!

A song to kick things off here...3 Days Grace- Riot...I was feeling pumped going into the workout so this fits, however...

[youtube]fMXHMN5bCGc[/youtube]

The interrupted workout:

10 minutes of stretching

Abs

Deadlifts:
15 reps@225lbs
10 reps@275lbs
10 reps@325lbs

Standard and Reverse close grip Lat Pulldowns:
3 sets of 10 each@150 (done in superset fashion so 10 reps each grip back to back)

Straight Bar Bicep Curls:
1 set of 15@135lbs

abrupt end...

Thoughts on workout: Well obviously I had what I would refer to as a lack of a workout. I was feeling pumped to workout and felt good until I got going. I got through my warmup sets of deadlifts and then I was feeling like absolute sh*t...lightheaded and just out of breath so I thought ok I'll come back and finish my working sets maybe after some lat pulldowns...the pulldowns went fine, but then again I was sitting down. As soon as I got back up and did my bicep curls to see if I could get some kind of rhythm going I started feeling like my body was just exhausted...soon after came a trip to big basement sink where I had to puke my guts out...F*ck!!!!!. Anyway, I called it quits after that. I think what happened is that my body was really just too beaten up from being out in the bad humidity during my softball game and then coming home and trying to workout downstairs in the air conditioning just really screwed me up. However, even during the game I was feeling out of breath...just not my day so...Eh sh*t happens. Thursday was an off day...I am thinking of seeing how I feel tonight and will then do a hardcore full out total body assault to make up for Wednesday and Thursday...we'll see how how the body responds...should be good to go because I'll be going to the gym.

Since I was really pissed off about feeling like sh*t and not able to fully complete my workout here is the song to go with the lack of a workout...damn I hate being reminded of my human limitations, but eh what can ya do? Everyone has those days...just got to suck it up chalk it up as a bad day, move on, and continue to go forward.

Lack of workout song:

[youtube]EftfAw68QrU[/youtube]

Workout Rating...I am going to say N/A and omit a rating this time out considering I didn't really have a workout.

Thoughts of the day: The day was pretty good until the workout session. I had a great softball game- Double, triple, single, 8 RBI's and we won 20-8 in 6 innings. The game was a great cardio session considering I was running my a$$ off and I felt like I sweated off about 5lbs...lol. :D.

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 2 Osteobolin-C

30 minutes later: 4 Neovar: Recomped!

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 4 RPM, 2 Lipo-AM, 4 IGF-2, 2 Osteobolin-C

Post-Workout: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!, 2 Osteobolin-C

Pre-Bed: 4 IGF-2, 2 Lipo-PM, 2 Osteobolin-C

Will have a new herb to talk about with the next update...stay tuned if your interested in learning more...

Thats it for this update...until the next time...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well you still got a good softball workout in;) Hope you feel good enough to hit it hard later!!

Pzough

Pzough

Awards
Ha ha.....how did you know that I was actually looking for updates on her website before I cruised over to check your update thread. You're the man! Thanks for the Friday gift.

Also, I am going to email you a spreadsheet that I have been keeping. Should have it over to you this weekend.

Congrats to the good softball game. Do you play in a traveling league?

Well, I am off to go get an early workout in......got tickets for Strikeforce tonight. Looking forward to seeing some good matches.

Have a good Friday Sean....

Z

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
softball is fun...but baseball is soooooo much more fun :)

Start a baseball league...and then uhh...if you live close to me...i'll show up :)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Softball is the best dude. Looking for the triple crown next year in the intramural leagues at school :D.

Oh and my girlfriend walked in as I was scrolling through the thread, and said "ohh sorry" and walked out. I cracked the f up!

I heart this thread bro.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Well you still got a good softball workout in;) Hope you feel good enough to hit it hard later!!
Yeah at least the softball game was worthwhile...lol. Thanks for the encouragement dear. I appreciate it. :)

Ha ha.....how did you know that I was actually looking for updates on her website before I cruised over to check your update thread. You're the man! Thanks for the Friday gift.

Also, I am going to email you a spreadsheet that I have been keeping. Should have it over to you this weekend.

Congrats to the good softball game. Do you play in a traveling league?

Well, I am off to go get an early workout in......got tickets for Strikeforce tonight. Looking forward to seeing some good matches.

Have a good Friday Sean....

Z
Well bud I only get to play in two local softball leagues...Wednesday and Sunday nights. I'd love to play on a traveling team, but eh I don't know anyone involved with those type of leagues.

Send me your spreadsheet and I'll see what I can help setup for you bud. We'll get you on a solid plan to get results for sure. ;)

softball is fun...but baseball is soooooo much more fun :)

Start a baseball league...and then uhh...if you live close to me...i'll show up :)
Baseball is fun...my favorite sport actually...Go Cubs!!! (T1- Cubs vs. Red Sox World Series this year FTW...lol :))

I'd love to play baseball again...I can still crush a 90 mph fastball up in the zone, but if I get the hammer curve or a slider dropped on me I look like an absolute fool at the plate...think swinging in circles and corkscrewing myself into the ground...lmao :toofunny:

Softball is the best dude. Looking for the triple crown next year in the intramural leagues at school :D.

Oh and my girlfriend walked in as I was scrolling through the thread, and said "ohh sorry" and walked out. I cracked the f up!

I heart this thread bro.
Well generally speaking I am always sitting around the tops for the triple crown, but stats aren't really kept for records or anything in local softball leagues. However, I enjoy keeping track of how many guys I gun down at the plate or on the base paths (I play outfield- 8 Outfield assists already this year-4 guys got gunned down at 3rd) Good luck in your quest though bud...kick some ass!!! :thumbsup:

Glad your enjoying my journal BTW...your GF got jealous...j/k...lmao :toofunny:. Hey what can I say...I love beautiful women and I love to admire a woman's body....hahahaha :D.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
....Hey what can I say...I love beautiful women...
Fortunately, beauty is always subjective, and, consequently, is in the eyes of the beholder... :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'd love to see the cubbies make the series this year. I honestly think it's either them or the Dodgers. I know, I know...no one will agree with the Dodgers...but thats my guess, haha.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I somehow doubt he's going to be angry about a beating...or a hug. :dance:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Fortunately, beauty is always subjective, and, consequently, is in the eyes of the beholder... :)
Yes indeed beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To each their own as everyone truly does have their own taste. Now to be honest what I actually find to be a beautiful woman goes far beyond what you see at face value, I'm not necessarily picking women I find to be the most beautiful to me. I just like keeping things entertaining for those that decide to follow along...lol. :)

I'd love to see the cubbies make the series this year. I honestly think it's either them or the Dodgers. I know, I know...no one will agree with the Dodgers...but thats my guess, haha.
My Cubbies are getting that King Kong sized ape off their back this year and going to the show. I'm tired of hearing about the curse...dammit The Red Sox broke their supposed curse, not its my Cubbies turn. Damn you Steve Bartman...lol. It should've been the Cubs vs Red Sox that year. :)

So right there...

...BEATINGS, Sean. Now it's MY turn to give YOU a kick in the arse, LOL. I know how pissed off you will be, so make your next session a THRASHING!

Hugs :)
Thanks smartass. Pissed off...eh don't know if much else can really bother me at the moment as I am pretty damn coiled up and ready to lash out and strike like a viper...stress from life events are a royal pain in the ass! LOL. :D. Thanks though babe...I appreciate it. :)

I somehow doubt he's going to be angry about a beating...or a hug. :dance:
HAHAHAHAHA....of course not...its a win-win situation...lol. :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Partial Full Body Workout+ Kickass Cardio!

Well I did make it over to the gym on Friday night...enjoyed having the gym to myself as usual when I go on Friday nights...I make sure I go real late...its a 24/7 gym...lol. :) Anyway, I was still not up to par really....will explain later on...

Time to get down to business...

Pics of the Day:

A prelude to the workout song:

Some old school LL Cool J with a Bruce Lee tribute video

[youtube]HqwzTkb8j9I[/youtube]

The workout:

10 minutes of stretching

Abs

15 mins of high intensity cycling on the stationary bike

Seated Military Presses:
15 reps@135lbs
10 reps@175lbs
3 sets of 6@225lbs

Leg Presses:
25 reps@500lbs
3 sets of 15@750lbs

Pullups:
3 sets of 12

Reverse Hammer Iso Rows:
4 sets of 10@205lbs

Hammer Curls:
4 sets of 15 using 65lb DB's

Tricep Pressdowns:
15 reps@100lbs
12 reps@120lbs
8 reps@ 140lbs
6 reps @160 lbs
2 sets of 4@200lbs (max stack weight)

30 minutes of boxing work

End...

Workout Song:

[youtube]r3zrJyNgyNQ[/youtube]

Thoughts on Workout: Well I really didn't get in the full workout I planned on doing. I got into the workout and man I just felt weak. I was getting really pissed off about it, but eh I continued on and put some kind of work. I wanted to finish up my deadlifts and do some squats, but my stomach was feeling all sorts of F*cked up and I just felt like crap so I figured instead of doing pointless light lifts with half assed intensity I'd bypass that idea. I wanted to do a whole hell of a lot more than I did with the weights hence why refer to the workout as a partial full body workout. Anyway because I was so damn heated about my body not wanting to respond the way I wanted it too I took some aggression out during a boxing session on the heavy bag and doing some shadow boxing as well. I was actually real happy with the boxing session because my punches were crisp and I was able to switch up to southpaw fluidly and drop some wrecking shots on the heavy bag. I was focusing mainly on snap jabs and throwing in some hooks, but when I started throwing in the bob and weave I got really into it and put some serious power into some of my rising hooks. Had I been sparring...well my partner wouldn't have liked me too much after the session...lol. :D. Well needless to say I wasn't pleased with the weight training portion of the workout, but the high intensity cycling and the boxing session were kickass! So overall I consider the session to be a success...I built up a hell of a sweat and got my aggression out so I felt good.

Workout Rating: 7.5...The only reason I even go that high is because of the great overall cardio workout and it felt good to really get into boxing again...it really helps get rid of that burning aggression that builds up inside sometimes. As for the weight training portion...it was an epic disappointment as far as my standards are concerned.

Thoughts of the day: Well the day was pretty low-key. The pinnacle of the day was between my discussion on personality disorders in my psychology course and boxing. So overall it wasn't too bad of a day.

Random Scientific talk: Suma Root...Suma is said to support hormonal balance, reduce inflammation, inhibit cancer and leukemia cells, enhance immunity, increase libido, and a provide a number of normalizing and rejuvenating effects. One of the reason for its myriad effects may be its ability to increase oxygenation and energy efficiency at the cellular level. Suma contains germanium, beta-ecdysterone, allantoin, and a group of novel phytochemical saponins called pfaffosides.

Called the "Russian Secret", suma root has long been used by athletes from that part of the world as an alternative to steroids. This may be because it contains the phytochemical beta-ecdysterone, and several related chemicals, as well as an unusual concentration of common nutrients and amino acids.

In South America suma is known as para toda (which means "for all things"). The reason the South American people refer to it as para toda and hold it in such high regard is because its various uses such as a general tonic (tones, balances, strengthens) for balancing, energizing, rejuvenating and muscle growth; for hormonal disorders (menopause, PMS, etc); for chronic fatigue and general tiredness; for sexual disorders (impotency, frigidity, low libido, etc); for sickle cell anemia.

Now many of you may be aware of the selling point of ecdysterone (being that it can increase protein synthesis and increase nitrogen retention while providing increases in power and strength) which is extracted from Suma Root, but an interesting thing you may not know is that along with its immune system boosting capabilities suma ecdysterone extracts appear to have the ability to strengthen the water barrier function of the skin, increase skin keratinocyte differentiation (which would be helpful for psoriasis), give the skin a smoother, softer appearance and, also, improve hair appearance. Suma also has the capabilities of being used as a treatment for abdomial, liver, lung, and melanoma cancers due its it richness in pfaffic acids.

Ok thats it for this edition. Remember if you want to know more...just ask and I'll either provide more information or give some sources to check out.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Updates Later!

For those of you following along I will be making updates later. I've been pretty busy over the weekend swamped with research, managing my team (learning team for class), editing, and writing a team paper.

I do plan on trying to get a workout in tonight so if I do I will be making two updates...one for over the weekend and one for tonight.

Thank you to those who continue to follow along.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Log is rolling along nicely my brother!
Thanks for checking in bud. :thumbsup:. I see your progressing nicely during your log as well. Keep up the good work over there.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Chest, Abs, Cardio!

First of all...yes I have not been able to make updates recently because I been busy as hell with research on Parkinson's disease and other related psychology studies, not to mention keeping up with the T-Shirt Design contest I set up for AN. Anyway, enough whining and *****ing...

Lets get down to business first though

Pics of the day:

Jamie Eason...mmm...she really has sculpted herself a great body and the look in her eyes is so entrancing...wow.

Gloria Santiago...quite the stunner herself...

Song to kick things off here...

Some Old School Metallica...still kicks ass!

[youtube]1Rs64Uahs10[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

Complete Ab Workout Routine:

4 sets of 15 Bicycle Crunches

4 sets of 15 V Shape Crunches (A military style workout...legs are lifted in a 45 degree angle and held for the entirety of the set...proper breathing technique is required) Note: An exercise that has stuck with me since going through boot camp for football at Fort McCoy here in Wisconsin.

4 sets of 10 Dragonflags

4 sets of 15 leg lifts

4 sets of 10 Knee Ups

3 sets of 10 Bridges (held for 60 seconds each set)

Ab workout done....my abs were toast, but felt great.

Pushups:
15 incline
15 standard
15 decline
15 clap

Flat Bench:
20 reps@135lbs
15 reps@185lbs
12 reps@225lbs
8 reps@250lbs
6 reps@275lbs
3 reps@300lbs
3 reps@325lbs
1 set of 37@135lbs (burnout till failure)
1 set of 31@155lbs (burnout till failure)

Incline DB Presses Using 35lb DB's:
4 sets of 20

Pec Flyes using 35lb DB's
4 sets of 15

30 minutes of cardio

End of training session....

Workout Music Video:

[youtube]sPYF06hon_w[/youtube]

Thoughts on Workout: Well obviously I got brutal during this training session. I felt great once I got going. The ab workout was awesome...I had that tight feeling so I was happy...I put some work there as I felt they have been neglected...no more of that though...time to get my act back together. As for the chest portion of the workout...I had a phenomenal pulsating type of pump going...that kind where your muscles twitch if you even think about it...felt great. :). Beyond that the thermogenic effects I had going through this workout was fantastic. So needless to say I started this week off on the good foot.

Workout Rating: 9.1... A pretty damn solid workout overall...I felt good and was amped to get into the workout.

Thoughts of the day: Well the day was pretty busy for the most part putting the finishing touches on my learning team's Parkinson's disease paper. Taking care of all the editing and making sure everyone uses proper APA format can be a drag...lol. Needless to say the research was eventful and I feel the paper my team put together was pretty solid. Beyond that...great time having another one of our long ass illustrious conversations Rosie...good times...lol. :D

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 2 Osteobolin-C, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of an undercover new energy supplement

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 4 IGF-2, 2 Osteobolin-C, 3 caps of an undercover new energy supplement

Random Scientific Talk:...Dong quai (Angelica sinensis) root has been used for over a thousand years as a spice, tonic, and medicine in China, Korea and Japan. Although there are few definitive studies on dong quai, it is reputed to relieve constipation, increase red blood cell count (which helps treat anemia), and provide relief from menstrual disorders such as cramps, irregular menstrual cycles, infrequent periods, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and menopausal symptoms. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), it is used for various purposes, including reproductive, circulatory, and respiratory conditions.

Dong quai contains compounds that, in laboratory tests, have demonstrated activities that may prove to help reduce pain, dilate blood vessels, and stimulate and relax uterine muscles. Animal studies suggest that dong quai may treat abnormal heart rhythm, prevent accumulation of platelets in blood vessels (contributing to plaque formation -- atherosclerosis), protect the liver, promote urination, act as a mild laxative, promote sleep, and fight infection.

Now an interesting thing with this herb is that it has been used in some sexual stimulation products because of its ability to promote vaso-dilation, which in effect will help men achieve firmer and stronger erections and also help increase pleasure for a woman as well as sensitivity is increased so arousal happens much easier. Now with vaso-dilation in mind I believe there may be a possibility that the herb could be used for possible anabolic benefit as well as the better blood flow you have the more nutrients that shuttle through your system, which helps promote muscular growth. However, this is just a theory...there still needs to be much research done on this herb, but I believe it has a lot of potential for numerous things. So in closing...yet another gift from mother nature that needs to be explored in further depth...

Cheers! :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your log continues to look awesome brother. Keep up the fantastic work and dedication! :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Your log continues to look awesome brother. Keep up the fantastic work and dedication! :D
Edit: Must spread around more reputation before repping Trauma1 again...lol. I get this message quite a bit between you and Trip...lol. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...Dong quai[/b] (Angelica sinensis) root has been used for over a thousand years as a spice, tonic, and medicine in China, Korea and Japan. Although there are few definitive studies on dong quai, it is reputed to relieve constipation, increase red blood cell count (which helps treat anemia), and provide relief from menstrual disorders such as cramps, irregular menstrual cycles, infrequent periods, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and menopausal symptoms. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), it is used for various purposes, including reproductive, circulatory, and respiratory conditions.

Dong quai contains compounds that, in laboratory tests, have demonstrated activities that may prove to help reduce pain, dilate blood vessels, and stimulate and relax uterine muscles. Animal studies suggest that dong quai may treat abnormal heart rhythm, prevent accumulation of platelets in blood vessels (contributing to plaque formation -- atherosclerosis), protect the liver, promote urination, act as a mild laxative, promote sleep, and fight infection.

Now an interesting thing with this herb is that it has been used in some sexual stimulation products because of its ability to promote vaso-dilation, which in effect will help men achieve firmer and stronger erections and also help increase pleasure for a woman as well as sensitivity is increased so arousal happens much easier. Now with vaso-dilation in mind I believe there may be a possibility that the herb could be used for possible anabolic benefit as well as the better blood flow you have the more nutrients that shuttle through your system, which helps promote muscular growth. However, this is just a theory...there still needs to be much research done on this herb, but I believe it has a lot of potential for numerous things. So in closing...yet another gift from mother nature that needs to be explored in further depth...
I must admit I have been reluctant to try Donq Quai, as it is mostly indicated in the treatment of hot flashes, (pre-menstrual syndrome), menstrual disorders, menopausal symptoms, menstruation-related migraine headaches, and bone-health in women. I believe there are better compounds for inducing vasodilation, boosting erectile power, and triggering anabolism. Yet, like you said, more exploration is warranted...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I must admit I have been reluctant to try Donq Quai, as it is mostly indicated in the treatment of hot flashes, (pre-menstrual syndrome), menstrual disorders, menopausal symptoms, menstruation-related migraine headaches, and bone-health in women. I believe there are better compounds for inducing vasodilation, boosting erectile power, and triggering anabolism. Yet, like you said, more exploration is warranted...
Yes indeed more exploration is needed. I like pointing out potential. I mean in the supplement industry most companies are continuously knocking each other off and using damn near the same identical formulas for the most part. I like to see innovation because while some things are tried and true I always believe in going above and beyond...complacency is not my style...lol. :)

BTW...I was waiting for your opinions...your like the scientific wizard as I play the role of the apprentice...hahaha.

Cheers bud!:cheers:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
......your like the scientific wizard as I play the role of the apprentice...hahaha.
Actually the other way around! :box:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
thats an assload of flat bench dude...haha

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
thats an assload of flat bench dude...haha
Yeah, but I was in that type of aggressive mood and didn't have a heavy bag near by so I thought ok I'm going to get ridiculous and do some damn work. I only throw in burnout sets like that here and there as a means to cause a shock stimulation to the muscles. Needless to say it worked out quite well...the pumps induced from the workout were phenomenal.

Cheers Bud!:cheers:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I was in that type of aggressive mood and didn't have a heavy bag near by so I thought ok I'm going to get ridiculous and do some damn work. I only throw in burnout sets like that here and there as a means to cause a shock stimulation to the muscles. Needless to say it worked out quite well...the pumps induced from the workout were phenomenal.

Cheers Bud!:cheers:
I believe it brother...I'm going to have to shock out Team Deuce sometime this week ;)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
First of all...yes I have not been able to make updates recently because I been busy as hell with research on Parkinson's disease and other related psychology studies, not to mention keeping up with the T-Shirt Design contest I set up for AN. Anyway, enough whining and *****ing...

Lets get down to business first though

Pics of the day:

Jamie Eason...mmm...she really has sculpted herself a great body and the look in her eyes is so entrancing...wow.

Gloria Santiago...quite the stunner herself...

Song to kick things off here...

Some Old School Metallica...still kicks ass!

[youtube]1Rs64Uahs10[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

Complete Ab Workout Routine:

4 sets of 15 Bicycle Crunches

4 sets of 15 V Shape Crunches (A military style workout...legs are lifted in a 45 degree angle and held for the entirety of the set...proper breathing technique is required) Note: An exercise that has stuck with me since going through boot camp for football at Fort McCoy here in Wisconsin.

4 sets of 10 Dragonflags

4 sets of 15 leg lifts

4 sets of 10 Knee Ups

3 sets of 10 Bridges (held for 60 seconds each set)

Ab workout done....my abs were toast, but felt great.

Pushups:
15 incline
15 standard
15 decline
15 clap

Flat Bench:
20 reps@135lbs
15 reps@185lbs
12 reps@225lbs
8 reps@250lbs
6 reps@275lbs
3 reps@300lbs
3 reps@325lbs
1 set of 37@135lbs (burnout till failure)
1 set of 31@155lbs (burnout till failure)

Incline DB Presses Using 35lb DB's:
4 sets of 20

Pec Flyes using 35lb DB's
4 sets of 15

30 minutes of cardio

End of training session....

Workout Music Video:

[youtube]sPYF06hon_w[/youtube]

Thoughts on Workout: Well obviously I got brutal during this training session. I felt great once I got going. The ab workout was awesome...I had that tight feeling so I was happy...I put some work there as I felt they have been neglected...no more of that though...time to get my act back together. As for the chest portion of the workout...I had a phenomenal pulsating type of pump going...that kind where your muscles twitch if you even think about it...felt great. :). Beyond that the thermogenic effects I had going through this workout was fantastic. So needless to say I started this week off on the good foot.

Workout Rating: 9.1... A pretty damn solid workout overall...I felt good and was amped to get into the workout.

Thoughts of the day: Well the day was pretty busy for the most part putting the finishing touches on my learning team's Parkinson's disease paper. Taking care of all the editing and making sure everyone uses proper APA format can be a drag...lol. Needless to say the research was eventful and I feel the paper my team put together was pretty solid. Beyond that...great time having another one of our long ass illustrious conversations Rosie...good times...lol. :D

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 2 Osteobolin-C, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of an undercover new energy supplement

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 4 IGF-2, 2 Osteobolin-C, 3 caps of an undercover new energy supplement

Random Scientific Talk:...Dong quai (Angelica sinensis) root has been used for over a thousand years as a spice, tonic, and medicine in China, Korea and Japan. Although there are few definitive studies on dong quai, it is reputed to relieve constipation, increase red blood cell count (which helps treat anemia), and provide relief from menstrual disorders such as cramps, irregular menstrual cycles, infrequent periods, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and menopausal symptoms. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), it is used for various purposes, including reproductive, circulatory, and respiratory conditions.

Cheers! :)

enjoying the read through bro, especially the insights on extracts.

Also Jamie Eason is a great inspiration. Overcame breast cancer at a ultra young age and persevered and has obtained one hell of a dedicated physique.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I believe it brother...I'm going to have to shock out Team Deuce sometime this week ;)
Doing a shock week, or at least a shock day or two is always a good idea. It helps to produce more hypertrophy and also helps to force your muscles into guessing mode again instead of continuing to adapt therefore becoming desensitized so you hit a plateau. Good luck shocking out "Team Deuce" bud. Keep me posted on how your doing.

enjoying the read through bro, especially the insights on extracts.

Also Jamie Eason is a great inspiration. Overcame breast cancer at a ultra young age and persevered and has obtained one hell of a dedicated physique.
Glad your enjoying it bud, I love to entertain and help teach/educate people if I can. To be honest I have nothing short of an insatiable appetite for knowledge...constant and consistent mind stimulation is quite fulfilling ;).

Yes Jamie Eason is a great inspiration. She is actually quite an insightful and intelligent woman, she really isn't just another pretty face and body with no brains. I've listened to a few of her interviews and read a bit about her and tend to think she has a cool personality to go along with everything else...its always nice to see that. Now when you add in that fact about her overcoming breast cancer and to see where she is now you really have to bow your head in respect and give her a round of applause...:clap2:

Cheers Bud!:Cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Back and Arm Assault!

Well yes I have been absent from my log here for a few days...I was kinda stressed out over the past few days and did not workout. I've been highly stressed an irritated lately, but not much I can do...my only real problem is that my impatience and perfectionist mentality work against me sometimes...lol. :D

Anyway, to get this thing started...

Pics of the day:

Yes this woman is attractive, but I thought the pic itself as a whole was hot...laying with the big cats...sexy and exotic, just a beautiful picture of art in general.

Yes I have a fascination with the beach...the sand and the water...just something about it that grabs my attention...well it always helps when there is a hot woman to look at too...lol. :)

Music Video to get this rolling and if you choose so...watch the video and enjoy...this is not only one of my favorite songs, but favorite music videos period...

[youtube]HOskLZ-w3RA[/youtube]

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

light ab work

Reverse Grip Pullups:
3 sets of 10

Deadlifts:
15 reps@225lbs
12 reps@275lbs
10 reps@300lbs
3 sets of 8 reps@350lbs
1 final set of 3@405lbs

Close Grip Bench Press:
3 sets of 8@225lbs

Hammer Iso Reverse Grip Rows:
3 sets of 8@225lbs

Lat Pulldowns:
3 sets of 8@220lbs

Straight Bar Bicep Curls:
3 sets of 10@135lbs

Tricep Pressdowns:
3 sets of 10@110lbs

Hammer Curls using 65lb DB's:
3 sets of 10

Hammer Seated Tricep Pressdowns (Works very similar to dips)
3 sets of 10@285lbs (max machine weight)

30 minutes of cardio on elliptical

End of workout...

Workout Music Video:

This one is dedicated to you Rosie babe as promised...lol. ;). 12 Stones-Adrenaline...enjoy

[youtube]8WVCUEifZYI[/youtube]

Thoughts on Workout: Well this workout flat out kicked ass! Once I got done with the pullups I was feeling like a damn lion going out on a hunt...stalking prey and ready to pounce on anything that dare cross my path. :twisted:. Anyway, after doing the sets of 8 with 305lbs on the deadlifts on short rests I breaking into a great sweat and then I decided well I need to push it so I pulled the final set of 3 with 405lbs (light by my standards, but the 350 did take something out of me). Further into the workout...the straight bar bicep curls, tricep pressdown, hammer curls with DB's, and Seated Tricep Pressdowns were all done in superset fashion and then once the superset was over I took 2 minute rests. When I hit this portion of the workout my arms swelled up hard as steel and strangely it looked as if my arms are getting bigger...not really expecting any gains like that since my diet is nowhere near aimed at producing that kind of effect...evidently My AN supps are certainly helping me weather the storm. :thumbsup:

Workout Rating:9.4... This was a great workout indeed. The pumps were great...the drive, the aggression, the intensity was all there...my only complaint...I wish I had the money to afford the diet to bulk so I can lift heavier...lol. :D

Thoughts of the day:...Well the day was pretty damn good overall. I had a great night of sleep the night before, had some great conversation with you Rosie Babe ;) and then my class discussions on Axiety Disorders, Phobias, and PsychoSexual development were quite intriguing and fun (toying around with my professor's mind and putting her on her toes was definitely cause for some great interaction...lol:toofunny:...definitely a fulfilling and eventful day overall. :)

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of an undercover new energy supplement, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

30 mins later: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of Lipo-PM, 4 IGF-2, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being, 3 caps of an undercover new energy supplement

Post-Workout: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-Bed: 4 IGF-2, 2 Lipo-PM, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Random Scientific Talk: Astralgus...Astralagus strengthens immunity to disease. It has certain inhibiting effects on molecular pathological changes caused by viruses, increases growth of plasma cells, stimulates synthesis of antibodies, and builds up body defense. Chinese Milkvetch deters aging process and facilitates longevity, delaying the natural aging process of diploid blastocyte, prolonging by one third the life span of the cells. It enhances body energy. It promotes metabolism of serum and liver proteins, stimulates growth of antibodies, increases white blood cells, and thus increases resistance to viruses. Atralagus also induces production of interferon. It is diuretic, detoxifying and reduces proteinuria and cures kidney disease. It inhibits gastric secretions, reduces gastric acid, and thus helps cure stomach ulcers. It is cardiotonic. It has even more remarkable effects on heart failure due to poisoning or exhaustion. It protects the liver and alleviates liver injury.

Reference: Astralagus,growing and medicinal qualities.

The bodybuilding uses of this herb is that astralgus not only shows the ability to work as a great adaptogen and help strengthen the immune system while helping the body cope with stress it also works as a natural diuretic similar to dandelion root, which in effect will help with liver health. Astralagus is also consisdered as an excellent tonic for energy and for shortness of breath and faintness. It is also known for its effect on chronic diarrhea, boils, and chronic open sores. It also helps increase metabolism, produce spontaneous sweating, promotes general healing, and provides energy to combat fatigue thus helping with stamina and overall endurance. Additionally, this herb is also known to help remedy and prevent colds, flu, and immune-deficiency releated problems.

One last thing of special interest...Several studies conducted in China found that astralagus improved survival in some cancer patients, however the quality of these trials is doubtful, thus the value of these findings is limited. Granted the studies may not be conclusive, but I believe that with the known actions of this herb more research in the arena of fighting cancer needs to be done as even at high dosages this herb has not shown any known side effects or toxicity. This could prove to be one the more special herbs that grows here on our planet. Those who doubt that natural herbal ingredients can do special things need to look beyond their ignorance and realize the answers we seek may very well be right under our noses.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Cheers bro!!! In...... better late than never :D

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Cheers bro!!! In...... better late than never :D
Great to have you along for the ride to bud. Thanks for joining in....it'll be a long ride, but entertaining and educational ;).

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Updates Later!

Quick Preview...

I will be making my full entry later.

I took Friday night off because DOMS was kicking my ass and I thought it would be better to not push it and risk injury so I just spent my night kind of relaxing and having a great conversation with you Rosie Babe. ;).

Anyway, I did legs, shoulders, and abs last night and threw in one of the most wicked boxing sessions I've ever had...more on that later.

For some quick entertainment...

I have been addicted to this song lately and honestly it has one of the most kick ass climaxes to a song I've ever come across as well a powerful message towards the end...good sh*t. Also, the video that goes with it is pretty bad ass too...yes I am a DBZ fan...lol (hey there are some pretty cool fight sequences with great music so go figure and besides its fun watching the stuff with my nephews- they think I'm one pretty cool Uncle for watching it with them...:rofl:).

The Song:

[youtube]xQQx4F9Kzxk[/youtube]

Funny story to go along with the music video...I always like to crack the joke to my teammates when playing softball, when we're getting beat, that its time to flip Super Saiyan on that ass and come back and win...lmao...yeah I'm a clown like that.:toofunny:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Legs and Shoulders!

Getting down to business right away here...

Pics of the Day:

Jessica Biel...Man J.T. Better not screw that up...lol.

Punky Brewster...All Grown Up...FYI...Her Real Name is Soleil Moon Frye

Music Video of the day:

Ok I'm pulling some old school sh*t out....hahahahah

[youtube]t0oALRL7uyY[/youtube]

Ok now my fellow followers if you can't laugh at this song and have fun with it do yourself a favor and quit being so damn uptight and loosen the F*ck up...lmao. Without further ado...yes get your laughter out...hahahahaha :toofunny:

The Workout:

10 minutes of stretching

Abs

Squats:
20 reps@135lbs
15 reps@225lbs
3 sets of 10@325lbs

Seated Military Press:
15 reps@135lbs
12 reps@155lbs
3 sets of 8@195lbs

Leg Presses:
3 sets of 15@750lbs

Shoulder Shrugs:
4 sets of 12@250lbs

Lunges w/155lbs on Barbell:
3 sets of 15 each leg

Rear Deltoid Flyes:
4 sets of 12@200lbs

Seated Calf Raises:
4 sets of 15@225lbs

Hammer Grip Shoulder Front Raises
3 sets of 12@35lb DB's

Bodyweight Calf Raises:
4 sets of 50

Standard Shoulder Front Raises:
3 sets of 12 using 20lb DB's

Boxing Session- 35 minutes total

End of workout...

Workout Music Video:

The song- Meaning of Life by Disturbed....The Video- The Movie Hitman (bad ass guy type of movie)

[youtube]vUXGy2LNZhw[/youtube]

Thoughts on Workout: Well the workout was quite intense as I blasted through this workout using only 1 minute rests between all sets and holy hell was feeling some massive pumps. My Quads and calves burning like a son of a B*tch and well my shoulders just blew up so in all in all that felt great. Now the boxing session...well this session was flat out brutal. I had to switch from beating the boxing dummy as I destroyed the padding and cushioning about 10 minutes in so I was hitting the support, now granted those things are made to busted to hell, but I didn't feel like paying for anything so I moved onto the heavy bag and slugged the bag like I was literally trying to shatter someone's face as the snap and pop jabs combo I was throwing led me into some pretty wicked punishing hooks as I was driving through each punch with a pure aggression adrenaline rush. Man the whole session in its entirety was phenomenal...I finished the session in a pool of sweat and damn I loved it...I put in some work!

Workout Rating: 9.5...It was fast paced and just an all out slaughter. The pump and adrenaline rush was just something euphoric feeling...don't know how else I can put it.

Thoughts of the day: Well the past couple of days in general have been pretty damn good. Yes Rosie...our conversations have been quite psychologically stimulating and entertaining to say the least...good times. :). Now beyond that...I'm pretty damn happy...got an interview I have to setup for becoming a store manager for a video store (30k base, with incentives around somewhere in the 40-50k range depending on performance, may not seem like much, but its a damn good start to get me pointed in the right direction to bigger and better things)...this is fantastic news. If I can get managerial experience on my resume it will really give me some great experience and commanding power down the road to go along with my extensive educational background. All I have to do is nail the interview and as far I am concerned...I got that sh*t on lock...lol. :rofl: (I never lack in confidence...;))

I will be discussing rhodiola rosea the incredible and versatile adaptogen with my next update. No scientific talk this time as I do not want to drag out the post. Look forward to it next time dear followers...and quickly to all of you...thank you for continuing to check in and follow along. :thumbsup:

Supplements:

Upon waking: 2 DRIVE, 4 IGF-2, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of an undercover new energy supplement, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

30 mins later: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!

Pre-workout: 4 DRIVE, 1 Lipo-AM, 2 caps of Lipo-PM, 4 IGF-2, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being, 3 caps of an undercover new energy supplement

Post-Workout: 4 NeoVar: Recomped!, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Pre-Bed: 4 IGF-2, 2 Lipo-PM, 1 cap of a new supplement product that shall remain nameless for the time being

Cheers to you all!:Cheers:

Pzough

Pzough

Awards
First off, good luck on your interview. Right when you mentioned video store manager, I couldn't help but think of these two clips that might help. haha. :toofunny:

I have a quick question for you about your supplement intake - what is the benefit of taking 1 Lipo AM upon waking and 1 pre workout, instead of just taking 2 first thing upon waking up? Also, what about the 2 Lipo PM pre workout and 2 right before bed vs. just taking 2 right before bed. Just trying to understand the benefits. Gracias.

Keep up the great posts and of course the pics and vids.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
First off, good luck on your interview. Right when you mentioned video store manager, I couldn't help but think of these two clips that might help. haha. :toofunny:

I have a quick question for you about your supplement intake - what is the benefit of taking 1 Lipo AM upon waking and 1 pre workout, instead of just taking 2 first thing upon waking up? Also, what about the 2 Lipo PM pre workout and 2 right before bed vs. just taking 2 right before bed. Just trying to understand the benefits. Gracias.

Keep up the great posts and of course the pics and vids.
Thanks for the vids bud...lol. :). With the Lipo-AM...its more economical for me to split the doses and it generally helps me a bit with appetite suppression also by taking the Lipo-AM along with the RPM and DRIVE the effects are bit more pronounced because of the naringin in DRIVE and RPM...in a sense it helps keep my metabolism at a higher rate because the half life of the formula is extended.

Now as for the Lipo-PM...I usually only take 2 at night before bed...thats all I need...taking 3-4 sometimes causes heartburn and can make me almost feel hypoglycemic because of the banaba extract in it. Now the reason I throw in an extra dose pre-workout is for an increase in thermogenesis as well as having the banaba circulating through my system to scavenge for carbs, thus helping produce better endurance.

There is always a method to my madness...hahahaha. :toofunny:

Hopefully that answers your questions bud. I will be replying sometime tonight with my thoughts on your spreadsheet...sometime after my softball game, which I am heading off to here in a bit.

Cheers Zach!:cheers:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good times; good times...

Well the past couple of days in general have been pretty damn good. Yes Rosie...our conversations have been quite psychologically stimulating and entertaining to say the least...good times. :)
Is that so? :blink: (You're just waiting to get me back, but don't think I will make it so easy :toofunny:)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just checking in sean. GREAT job on the log buddy!

I agree, Jessica Biel is one smokin' female! :) :chick:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Quite a bunch, there, buddy! 22 capsules! Sounds like a meal! Results must be awesome!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Quite a bunch, there, buddy! 22 capsules! Sounds like a meal! Results must be awesome!
Hey...its helping me to maintain and actually make minor gains (Muscle fullness and better definition in the arms are most noticeable), which is all I expected. Right now its all about weathering the storm until I get completely back on my feet. Taking that many caps a days is like a regular deal for me when I have all my supps on hand...hahahah. I'm a real health nut...think 22 caps is something...well I would say thats a pretty light load for me :toofunny:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Just checking in sean. GREAT job on the log buddy!

I agree, Jessica Biel is one smokin' female! :) :chick:
Thanks John...I appreciate it brutha man :).

Yes indeed Jessica Biel is quite the stunner...:chick:

Cheers Bro!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Is that so? :blink: (You're just waiting to get me back, but don't think I will make it so easy :toofunny:)
Yes thats so ;)....of course I'm waiting to get you back and will do so...you know this...hahahaha. :toofunny:

Cheers Babe!:cheers:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Deprived from training....DAMMIT!

Note to my followers: Due to the whole city suffering from a power outage last night I could not train....seriously the whole city was without power for 4-5 hours. I am not to happy at all with that, but eh sh*t happens. The only workout I got in was my softball game...which sucked I might add, but the day overall was filled with good news...I will go into detail in my next update tomorrow.