ryane87s ride to awesomeness

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Burnfire Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 each and everyone of these guys has helped me along my path at one time or another .... blessed to have such good buddies ! come lets lit this ficker up FireTitan no pun intended :)
bighulksmash, Bro, you gave first. You helped me way before I helped you. It is great how helping others become stronger helps them to carry the torch and help even more people. We all need hand when we are down, all the bros on here are an amazing support system.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
bighulksmash, Bro, you gave first. You helped me way before I helped you. It is great how helping others become stronger helps them to carry the torch and help even more people. We all need hand when we are down, all the bros on here are an amazing support system.
We are here to make sure each other wins thats what I love most . Since day 1 there has been no jealousy or hatred. The few people that were ill willers are gone now.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Spent the day with family but better late than......and in for the win! Just caught up - great base, tight diet, and solid workouts - this is gonna be good to follow!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Spent the day with family but better late than......and in for the win! Just caught up - great base, tight diet, and solid workouts - this is gonna be good to follow!
Man I hope it is....haha Thanks for joining up! And I appreciate the good words

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
First actual workout entry. I am trying to get both bigger and stronger. The wife and I were talking and she was like "yeah you were huge before we moved to Texas" she wasn't being mean and was asking how she could help because she knows what I am trying to do. I did weigh a shade over 200 before we moved.

Morning weigh in at the gym was 190 with no shoes. Today was quad focused.

Back squats: 235x7, 245x6, and 255x5. Then 190x13. On a sidenote, I am dealing with bad hip and knee pain on my right side. Bottom of my hip joint is tender to the touch. I had robbed me of "pop", strength, and confidence. I was working in the 275 to 295 range. So if anyone watching has any ideas, I am ears. I have very long legs and a short torso if that is helpful.

Leg press: 5 plates each side x12, 6 plates x12, + 25s to that by 12, 7 plates by 10, and 4 plates eacg side for 32 reps

Single leg squat on smith machine: 70x8 and 8

Single leg leg extension: 60x12 and 12

Barbell hack squat: 135x10 and 10

Ran out of time and only took about 45 secs of rest between these.

3 sets of calf raises to finish

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
First actual workout entry. I am trying to get both bigger and stronger. The wife and I were talking and she was like "yeah you were huge before we moved to Texas" she wasn't being mean and was asking how she could help because she knows what I am trying to do. I did weigh a shade over 200 before we moved.

Back squats: 235x7, 245x6, and 255x5. Then 190x13. On a sidenote, I am dealing with bad hip and knee pain on my right side. Bottom of my hip joint is tender to the touch. I had robbed me of "pop", strength, and confidence. I was working in the 275 to 295 range. So if anyone watching has any ideas, I am ears. I have very long legs and a short torso if that is helpful.

Leg press: 5 plates each side x12, 6 plates x12, + 25s to that by 12, 7 plates by 10, and 4 plates eacg side for 32 reps

Great session!
If you're have leg/hip issues, I'd check the track on the smith machine to make sure it PERFECTLY aligns with your NATURAL motion. For some people - especially long legged folk - even slightly off can cause constant leg or hip issues. Just a thought...

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Great session!
If you're have leg/hip issues, I'd check the track on the smith machine to make sure it PERFECTLY aligns with your NATURAL motion. For some people - especially long legged folk - even slightly off can cause constant leg or hip issues. Just a thought...
I don't use the smith for squats, just the single leg because my balance can be wonkee

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I have trouble with barbell squats :(

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Lighten the load. Squat for 3 sets every other day. Go light and don't push it. It fixes so many issues. But if you have a hurt hip, heavy squats can aggravate it more than anything. Putting the ego aside, going light and adding 10 pounds every other day so you are back to that 250 range in 2 or 3 weeks ...that is what you wanna do.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Lighten the load. Squat for 3 sets every other day. Go light and don't push it. It fixes so many issues. But if you have a hurt hip, heavy squats can aggravate it more than anything. Putting the ego aside, going light and adding 10 pounds every other day so you are back to that 250 range in 2 or 3 weeks ...that is what you wanna do.
Yeah baby , lightweight, yeah buddy ,

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No one wants to hear ^^this^^, cause its a truth bomb!! Let the weight come down, and build it back up properly, itll help you tremendously in the long run

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Well sh*t.....this will be the 2nd time this year I did that. Always around the same weight. 285....I dropped down to 225 earlier in the year and it was flying again. This time around, though, it is hurting even with light weight.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
No one wants to hear ^^this^^, cause its a truth bomb!! Let the weight come down, and build it back up properly, itll help you tremendously in the long run
I did that earlier this year....right around the same weight. I went through this whole process earlier and now it hurts with light weight. I don't mind at all taking weight off the bar, but this is the second time I've had trouble so I think something different may be necessary

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did that earlier this year....right around the same weight. I went through this whole process earlier and now it hurts with light weight. I don't mind at all taking weight off the bar, but this is the second time I've had trouble so I think something different may be necessary
Other than a Doctor, Id say video the lifts and post it, someone here might find even the slightest of flaws in form that could be the culprit.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Other than a Doctor, Id say video the lifts and post it, someone here might find even the slightest of flaws in form that could be the culprit.
I was thinking about that as well

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I didn't have any pain, but a quick video posted fixed my form in shoulder press, and I jumped 60lbs in that lift within like 2-3 weeks.
Most forget to drive through heels straight into the core and out through the hands, visualize the energy transfer and you'll add mad weight to presses.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most forget to drive through heels straight into the core and out through the hands, visualize the energy transfer and you'll add mad weight to presses.
Yep, thats the one!! Still more appreciated than you know

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Chest today. Started with....

Incline Barbell Press: 170x6, 175x4, 175x2x2, 155x10. I was feeling stronger than I thought and left reps in both the 1st and 2nd set. I will get those reps next week

Extra wide barbell bench press: 2 sec pause at the bottom of each rep 165x3 for 3 sets

Reverse Grip Bench Press: 145x6, 155x6, 165x6, 175x4. Left a rep or 2 on last set

Chest dips: 15, 8, 8. The last 2 sets had 2second pauses at the bottom of each rep. Will look to get more next week :)

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Isolated the pain in my hip to actually just below the joint. Soft tissue. A good foam rolling?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isolated the pain in my hip to actually just below the joint. Soft tissue. A good foam rolling?
I would ice it and rest first.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Back session today...

90° bent over barbell rows: 185x7, 190x5, 190x5, 155x7 w/2 second pause at the top of rep. Felt nice and strong even though I forgot that my wife had my earphones. No music made me sad :( lol

Pull up sets: there are 2 places in my gym to do pull ups. In the power rack and at cable station. I favor the power rack because it is taller. Unfortunately, it was being used. To make it worse, some @sshat managed to take up the entire rack with his dumb sht. I made the best out of the situation. I don't like the bar that is there on the cable rack. Too thick and awkward. Makes my shoulders do weird sounds.

Behind-the-neck pull ups + 10 lbs 8+2, 4+1, 4, 3 BW 4 more

Regular pull ups + 10lbs: 4+2, 4 BW 5+2, 5

Neutral grip pull ups: 4+3, 4+3

As I had to wait longer than I wanted, I had to finish before I wanted to with one arm barbell row/ close grip pulldown for 2 sets of 10 reps each exercise

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
lifted67 bighulksmash <<<<you are second.....ha! Lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back session today...

90° bent over barbell rows: 185x7, 190x5, 190x5, 155x7 w/2 second pause at the top of rep. Felt nice and strong even though I forgot that my wife had my earphones. No music made me sad :( lol

Pull up sets: there are 2 places in my gym to do pull ups. In the power rack and at cable station. I favor the power rack because it is taller. Unfortunately, it was being used. To make it worse, some @sshat managed to take up the entire rack with his dumb sht. I made the best out of the situation. I don't like the bar that is there on the cable rack. Too thick and awkward. Makes my shoulders do weird sounds.

Behind-the-neck pull ups + 10 lbs 8+2, 4+1, 4, 3 BW 4 more

Regular pull ups + 10lbs: 4+2, 4 BW 5+2, 5

Neutral grip pull ups: 4+3, 4+3

As I had to wait longer than I wanted, I had to finish before I wanted to with one arm barbell row/ close grip pulldown for 2 sets of 10 reps each exercise
Good work in here bro!!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Good work in here bro!!
I am trying. First goal is getting back to 200 and keeping my current bf level. Oh...and getting some strength back. I miss reverse grip benching 225 for reps.....haha

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am trying. First goal is getting back to 200 and keeping my current bf level. Oh...and getting some strength back. I miss reverse grip benching 225 for reps.....haha
Wow! I wish I could do the reverse grippers myself, but the shoulder wont take it! Power to you!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Respect for the reverse grip. I could do maybe 150 or 170 reversed. So sad.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Just some practice if you have no injuries. I aways notice improvement in my upper chest when I use them

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Wow! I wish I could do the reverse grippers myself, but the shoulder wont take it! Power to you!
Mess around with just the bar and change your grip width. Reverse grip BB bench takes shoulders out of play and utilizes more tris and upper chest.

You guys doing flat or incline reverse grip?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
How am I second? Are we comparing **** sizes or Glock sizes?
Based on sex drives....if I was a single man I would be pounding 6 girls a day before lunch...my shrink says I may have a problem...

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mess around with just the bar and change your grip width. Reverse grip BB bench takes shoulders out of play and utilizes more tris and upper chest.

I'll have to try it unloaded first, and build up. But its worth experimenting with

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established

Flat bench, but I've considered trying them that way because in the end weightlifting is your own personal science experiment

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 8
Vitruvian Man Supplements 13
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 19