Bloodwork trt and finasteride. Dht levels?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey guys 33 years old b&c in past but now just do trt at 150mgs. Had some shedding so decided to hop on fin a year ago. During that year I took a month off to check my dht OFF fin then hopped back on and been back on it for some months now. I recently got blood work on fin as well. Will post below. First one is off fin second one is on fin. Over the past year on fin I feel like it hasn't helped my hair much as I'm still shedding. I want to drop the fin just because I keep hearing how bad it is for you but from my blood work regardless of hair should I stay on it. My dht seems very high for just being on trt and I know that can lead to heart and prostate issues.

So I'm wondering if I'd be better off staying on fin? I also noticed my free t was way higher on fin than off fin as well. I'm also curious as it seems the fin did it's job in lowering my dht then why did my hair loss not got better or at least slow down? Would love to hear your guy's thoughts on this.

Thanks !

Attachments

Last edited:

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not sure why the finasteride didn't slow down the hair loss as it seems to have done its job. Finasteride is a touchy one as some people love it and others avoid it like the plague. Personally, I have been using the topical version and it seems to be working for me. Blood work has been consistently good on it... no issues with estrogen or anything like some people claim they have had. So for me, it's a no brainer. But I also realize everyone is different. If you want to get off but still keep your DHT levels somewhat in check, you can always try some natural supplements... maybe like saw palmetto or something. Someone else might have some better feedback/ ideas.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not sure why the finasteride didn't slow down the hair loss as it seems to have done its job. Finasteride is a touchy one as some people love it and others avoid it like the plague. Personally, I have been using the topical version and it seems to be working for me. Blood work has been consistently good on it... no issues with estrogen or anything like some people claim they have had. So for me, it's a no brainer. But I also realize everyone is different. If you want to get off but still keep your DHT levels somewhat in check, you can always try some natural supplements... maybe like saw palmetto or something. Someone else might have some better feedback/ ideas.
Thanks. Yea was interested in the topical version but I have a baby at home so not sure how safe that is with it being on my hair and stuff?

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i am surprised your dht level was not lower on finasteride, what dose of finasteride, is it from a legit pharmacy or research chem?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i am surprised your dht level was not lower on finasteride, what dose of finasteride, is it from a legit pharmacy or research chem?
From a pharmacy. I missed two days when I got the blood work done so with a short half life I'm sure it was a little lower than that.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
i wish i could go back on finasteride but i cant handle the sides of aching legs/puffy face, and body odor(basically right out of the shower my armptis would smell like cat piss and a middle school locker room. it definitely decreased my cardio endurance

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i wish i could go back on finasteride but i cant handle the sides of aching legs/puffy face, and body odor(basically right out of the shower my armptis would smell like cat piss and a middle school locker room. it definitely decreased my cardio endurance
How long were you on for and what do you use now for hairloss?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow I never experienced anything like that from it.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
How long were you on for and what do you use now for hairloss?
i used it for about a year and half when i was in my late 20's, started to see results from a less tight scalp at around 3 months, some hair thickening by 6 months, and full effect by around a year. i have been off for 14 year now. i don't use anything now, overall hair volume on top is good because i can fluff it up with a hair dryer to add volume before i add hair gel but the hairline has receded about a half inch in the front and about 3/4 inch in the temples in that time period. everyone in my family is bald or balding on both sides of the family. started to have hair loss at around age 19 at the temples