Unanswered Ring Pushups Cycle

locutus24

locutus24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If anyone does ring push ups in training program, I was wondering whether they've been able to cycle with weighted ring push ups to build some mass or better definition in chest? In particular, the upper chest? I have recently started doing them one day a week. Can do up to 12 depending on how fresh my body feels for several sets and working up to 15 or maybe 20. I normally Bench or do parallel bar dips, dips unweighted and high rep.

Rings seem easier on shoulder joint due to the freedom of the degrees of movement of rings, but more challenging than regular push ups as it requires more balance and seems to use core quite a bit. You also get an extra outer stretch of pecs as you go down since the rings are normally elevated. Also it feels as I push back up I can bring my hands together in a fly-like motion and feels like performing chest fly upside down.

I am not sure how well this lift can work or last in cycle if weighted since the back can probably bend depending on where the center of mass of weight is located. Was thinking a vest or maybe tight backpack with weights inside. Wanting to hear some opinions. Never used a vest before either.