Restarting

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this? if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well) what is this zero carbs for dinner? I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most[/QUOTEi

Sweet. Glad u noted so many adjustments. Had no clue my eating was that far off. I'll continue refiguring today and tomorrow with the corrected numbers to follow tomorrow.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this? if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well) what is this zero carbs for dinner? I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most
Funny, I was just texting him the same exact advice. Wonder where I would have come up with that line of thinking?

Edit: I was trying to bring him down to 2600 though...

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
One set of small adjustments that will follow over the next few days will be the dropping of fats and carbs on all shakes. I'm finishing off a tub of muscle milk then switching back to on. I'll make sure to note those changes with the switch.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Got dinner tuned to a better note thanks to the advice. Gonna readjust the rest throughout the day tomorrow with new macros / meal plan posted by dinner tomorrow

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Meal plan revised as promised. Not gonna repost everything but I did make all adjustments that were noted.

Grapefruit moved to breakfast

Pre gym shake changed to
Cal 473
F 14
C 27
P 59

Dinner changed to
Cal 382
F 14
C 17
P 44

With all changes major and minor grand totals at
Cal 2520
F 80
C 150
P 315

As I stated yesterday I will be switching protein this week and I'll numbers will fall to target

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cals and macros look good to me.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
changes look good, not too shabby at all
getting finite, I would still make the preWO shake a bit smaller, reduce mostly fat content (neighborhood of 75cals or so)
move those cals to dinner instead

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
changes look good, not too shabby at all getting finite, I would still make the preWO shake a bit smaller, reduce mostly fat content (neighborhood of 75cals or so) move those cals to dinner instead
Well when I change protein shake mix this week I'll be losing 36g fat daily. I can toss two hard boiled eggs onto my dinner plate. Raise cals and protein and still keep total fat under 75.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
With this selection of Finaflex products I've been afforded the opportunity to enjoy the quality comes at no second guesses. But right now I wanna thank the overlooked packaging guy. I just dropped an entire tub of bcaa/saa into a sink full of water. Not one spec of h2o made it in the tub. Thanks guy. Lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With this selection of Finaflex products I've been afforded the opportunity to enjoy the quality comes at no second guesses. But right now I wanna thank the overlooked packaging guy. I just dropped an entire tub of bcaa/saa into a sink full of water. Not one spec of h2o made it in the tub. Thanks guy. Lol
I've never had a bad experience with FF supps, although, there is no doubt that stimul8 is a little too strong for little old me.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I've never had a bad experience with FF supps, although, there is no doubt that stimul8 is a little too strong for little old me.
Oh for sure. But I love stimul8. I was in no way down playing ff stuff. Just saying I'm an idiot for dropping it in my sink and thankfully the lid kept it dry

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I keep seeing g8 for sleep on lots if posts. What exactly is this??

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep seeing g8 for sleep on lots if posts. What exactly is this??
G8 is FFs sleep supplement.

I tried the old flavor system, worked great but tasted like dirt. I hear they've fixed that though.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
G8 is FFs sleep supplement.

I tried the old flavor system, worked great but tasted like dirt. I hear they've fixed that though.
The new stuff tastes great.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well workout and diet have received a full makeover. Thanks to the tips and everybody's advice. I'm feeling great about the changes ahead. With the trend of fresh starts I've been collectively adding key pieces of home gym equipment. Currently I have some powerblock adj dumbells , a trx suspension trainer, medicine ball , kettle bell , some resistance bands , and this thing called the rack that I absolutely love. I also have a foam roller and lacrosse ball for mobility/stretching drills. Any advice on a must have addition that I'm missing??

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well workout and diet have received a full makeover. Thanks to the tips and everybody's advice. I'm feeling great about the changes ahead. With the trend of fresh starts I've been collectively adding key pieces of home gym equipment. Currently I have some powerblock adj dumbells , a trx suspension trainer, medicine ball , kettle bell , some resistance bands , and this thing called the rack that I absolutely love. I also have a foam roller and lacrosse ball for mobility/stretching drills. Any advice on a must have addition that I'm missing??
Muscles.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I laughed. Seriously though, a home gym is never complete without a squat rack, barbell, and weights.
Well I concur with the squat rack. If it fit the budget. I shoulda been more clear. I also have downed my barbell use. I broke my right fore arm quite severely and it had to have 3/4 of an inch removed. I assumed that barbell use would limit the equal growth of left and right. Anyone think I'm right or that's a misconception??

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I concur with the squat rack. If it fit the budget. I shoulda been more clear. I also have downed my barbell use. I broke my right fore arm quite severely and it had to have 3/4 of an inch removed. I assumed that barbell use would limit the equal growth of left and right. Anyone think I'm right or that's a misconception??
The squat rack will happen, eventually. Even if it's just two uprights and some j-hooks.
As far as unequal growth, I'd see barbell use as better for equal growth. Although one arm IS shorter than the other, and I may be wrong.
Barbells seem beneficial for equal growth because the movement causes both moving arms to work on the same plane to cause a desired effect (efficient movement). With dumbbells, you have more free play and it's hard to tell that both arms are moving along that same plane, stimulating the same muscle groups in the same manner. My opinion is that it would take far more mind-muscle connection to get equal results from both sides on any given movement with DBs than it would with a barbell.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The squat rack will happen, eventually. Even if it's just two uprights and some j-hooks.
As far as unequal growth, I'd see barbell use as better for equal growth. Although one arm IS shorter than the other, and I may be wrong.
Barbells seem beneficial for equal growth because the movement causes both moving arms to work on the same plane to cause a desired effect (efficient movement). With dumbbells, you have more free play and it's hard to tell that both arms are moving along that same plane, stimulating the same muscle groups in the same manner. My opinion is that it would take far more mind-muscle connection to get equal results from both sides on any given movement with DBs than it would with a barbell.

I agree with this^.

I stuck with mostly BB/EZ bars for the longest time after a wrist surgery I had. It was very noticeable when I tried to use DB's how much slower (struggled) one arm was. It lagged on BB's too, but the stronger arm was forced to allow the weaker arm to catch up.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
With the plane issue in mind... Let's use bench press as an example. When my right arm reaches max push and then my left continues rising isn't my left arm in a different plane and in turn stimulating more chest tissue?? Or again misconceptions??

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With the plane issue in mind... Let's use bench press as an example. When my right arm reaches max push and then my left continues rising isn't my left arm in a different plane and in turn stimulating more chest tissue?? Or again misconceptions??
They should generally be on the same plane until lockout. I'd say if you're going for building mass, and it's that big of a concern, I'd press but not reach lockout, but stay a little shy of it. Maybe that will help.
Or use a fat grip on the shorter arm side to balance out?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At that point in the press it will be mostly triceps. Which should get the same tension from locking the weight out anyway.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, if you're concerned with imbalances, do some unilateral work. Something like a lunge for the lower body. Can't think of a way to go unilateral with a barbell for the upper body at the moment, but I'm sure there are ways. There's always going to be a slight imbalance in strength/appearance. You're not stepping onstage at Mr. O, so symmetry isn't a huge issue for you at this point. If an imbalance starts to cause nagging pains or makes your form look dangerous, then yeah, time to fix it. But that could take awhile.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
They should generally be on the same plane until lockout. I'd say if you're going for building mass, and it's that big of a concern, I'd press but not reach lockout, but stay a little shy of it. Maybe that will help. Or use a fat grip on the shorter arm side to balance out?
Not a huge concern. Just already look lopsided enough lol. And I've been avoiding barbell exercises thinking I was training body parts to different proportions but con census seems I'm over analyzing

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well took the advice that was handed down yesterday and incorporated some barbell back into my tri workout today. Still lovin this 5x5.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hmm I tend to disagree with para an RJ. On a barbell your always going to have your stronger side lifting more weight where as with dumbbells your getting the same amount of weight and tension per arm and not favoring your stronger side.
I'd throw some dumbbells in homi and if your worried about imbalances throw in some single arm dumbbell presses starting with your weak side and stop your strong side at where your weak side failed. Just my .02c

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well I like to weigh everyone's opinion. I'm clearly not the most seasoned guy here. But I'm not the dullest tool in the shed either. So my .02c from it all... I need to incorporate some more bar to decide for myself. My concerns were not necessarily uneven strength but more in relation to uneven movement therefore developing uneven growth. My arm isn't weaker. Just shorter. The opinion of the minds was is not enough difference to notice. But I'm still leaning towards maybe it is but I wouldn't bet a pay check on it. So I'm throwing some bar use back in. If I feel the scales tipping in either direction of helping/hurting or bigger/smaller than I'll dwindle use back down or leave it In. I'm always up for a challenge , even when it's just with myself so I know. Before Dave talked me into hopping on here I never would have even thought about it but now I just want the knowledge behind my lifting. Makes me feel more accomplished. So for now the bars in until I feel it shouldn't be. I'm not abandoning dumb bells by any means though either

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Personally i use both. I like to get the heavy sh** done with the bar and than for a finishing set or 2 i'll use db's to complete that particular excersize. Best of both worlds in my books but i totally support whats been said thus far. And remember quality over quantity

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Boom...pow. Now these numbers aren't gonna win anyone over but my best to date since I laid wide open on an operating table : 225 deadlift and 275 squat today and I'm fuken stoked!!!

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Boom...pow. Now these numbers aren't gonna win anyone over but my best to date since I laid wide open on an operating table : 225 deadlift and 275 squat today and I'm fuken stoked!!!
Great job! With a positive outlook like that you'll be banging out a ****load in no time!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
That's good man! Definitely not a weight to sneeze at, I know a few guys that have lifted for awhile and can't lift that. Good work.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Both were only done in 5x5. I'm in no hurry to go up from these numbers for a while either. These lifts require a ton of focus and prep for me. Was completely surprised with myself that my back was ready for this honestly. But like I said I'm stoked about it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No joke man, I hear you. That's not light weight after a long time out and post-surgery.

Hell, I don't see a whole lot of peeps at my gym put >185# on the rack.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
No joke man, I hear you. That's not light weight after a long time out and post-surgery.

Hell, I don't see a whole lot of peeps at my gym put >185# on the rack.
Ya either that, or they use really warped form!

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Well my form is on par. Been especially good about it to avoid injury
As long as your trying and have a spotter to correct you:) a few years ago i was gung-ho bout lifting heavy deads and didn't worry bout form... I screwed my lower back up big time! Had to take a long break..

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
As long as your trying and have a spotter to correct you:) a few years ago i was gung-ho bout lifting heavy deads and didn't worry bout form... I screwed my lower back up big time! Had to take a long break..
True story. That's the exact reason I haven't done any heavy lifts for so long. My backs been trashed for a few years. But as of late my paranoia of destroying it has made pay much more attention to detail.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
True story. That's the exact reason I haven't done any heavy lifts for so long. My backs been trashed for a few years. But as of late my paranoia of destroying it has made pay much more attention to detail.
Yup! Since ive started deads up again, the weight i use is down considerably but the pump and growth have been waaay better!

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Yup! Since ive started deads up again, the weight i use is down considerably but the pump and growth have been waaay better![/QUOTE

I'm in total agreement. Thanks to my boy Dave and the advice of the rest of the crew on here I've came to the conclusion that when u lift , smart and strong is a better combination than dumb and tough