Restarting

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Like napalm said you can always tweak it to suite your needs even if you are using lighter weight and higher reps. I just threw it out there because it is well rounded and something I'm looking to start next week. Definitely look around there is plenty out there and you may find something better for you.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals. :)

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ditto another one for Napalm's posts.

Who is this gokix?
Another heavy lifter, & who is much younger than me...!!!

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I don't have any advice, but good luck in your fitness goals. :)
Any advice or not I appreciate the support. A little extra motivation from another set of watching eyes is always helpful

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Woke up today dick as a dog. Postings will continue tomorrow

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
How dare u sir. U were clearly aware. I still have vivid memories of u trying to whisper in my ear on all those cold mornings in our chu in Iraq.
In for finding out what really happens in the army barracks.

Subbed for the laughs but more importantly the transformation. Get it done brother.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Wow you must be feeling miserable to be referring to it as a dick of a dog.
was a first for me too
I mean I've heard hair of the dog before, sick as dog, doggone it, doggystyle, doggcrap.....but never dick of dog

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Fml...lol. Yes I feel horrible. Sick as a dog. Guess imma start reading everything more closely before clicking send

napalm

napalm

Awards
Wait, dick as a dog could be code for he's just walking around w a boner...eww...

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Nice to see everybody so actively involved. I make a comment about vagina and not one person replied. A typo and dick makes it onto my posting and everybody got jokes like its open mic night up in this joint. Lmfao.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to see everybody so actively involved. I make a comment about vagina and not one person replied. A typo and dick makes it onto my posting and everybody got jokes like its open mic night up in this joint. Lmfao.
Welcome to AM :)

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to gaybolic minds.com

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Still sick. Hoping to make it back to the gym tomorrow.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sucks. Feel better. Have Dave make you some soup. :)

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Lol if it's anything above the neck then you can do some light cardio without hurting yourself. If your having chest congestion or any other symptoms below the neck then don't bother with the gym. Hope you feel better soon man. I'm going to start that 5x5 today.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Here's the self diagnosis sinus and chest congestion. Started coughing up a lil blood today. Thinking bronchitis. Gonna tough the storm out till tomorrow. Unless I'm dead I'll be in the gym.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's the self diagnosis sinus and chest congestion. Started coughing up a lil blood today. Thinking bronchitis. Gonna tough the storm out till tomorrow. Unless I'm dead I'll be in the gym.
Blood huh......yeah might wanna get that checked out.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Blood huh......yeah might wanna get that checked out.
Yeah imma give it till tomorrow. It was just a tiny amount. I think it'll be fine. If I'm still coughing it up tomorrow doc it is.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Oh yeah... Climbing the recovery mountain. Not a 100% but I'm still calling it a victory. Macros posted today as promised. Getting groceries now then I'll have them up

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Oh yeah... Climbing the recovery mountain. Not a 100% but I'm still calling it a victory. Macros posted today as promised. Getting groceries now then I'll have them up

Nice man. I myself am just getting over being sick. Not nearly as bad as it seemed for you though.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Nice man. I myself am just getting over being sick. Not nearly as bad as it seemed for you though.
It wasn't to bad. I'm still breathing. Got up this morning and had a warm glass of badgers milk , changed my tampon , and realized I was feeling better lol

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Ok as promised my macros. So I'm trying to keep calories between 1900-2100. That break down gives me :
Fat 38-40
Carb 1-115
Pro 225-250

Now these numbers fluctuate some just because I don't always have the financial luxury of always eating what I want exactly when I want. But I will say if I stray it isn't by much or very often. I'm super dedicated to getting back on top of my game and I feel diet is the core to successfully doing so. If u guys feel those numbers need adjusted or really need to see them broken down meal by meal for better eval let me know. I just hate typing.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
cal intake wayyy too low
you will run into metabolic wall very quickly, with nowhere to go for reduction of cals
if you are intent on keeping carbs low, then bump up fats + increase protein
if you bring the carbs up a bit, then still bring up fats some and protein as well

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
cal intake wayyy too low you will run into metabolic wall very quickly, with nowhere to go for reduction of cals if you are intent on keeping carbs low, then bump up fats + increase protein if you bring the carbs up a bit, then still bring up fats some and protein as well
I'm not really intent on any set idea other than "does it work for me". So what would my target fat and protein numbers need to go to??

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I'm not really intent on any set idea other than "does it work for me". So what would my target fat and protein numbers need to go to??
you have a lot of options
hi protein + @2500cals total would be great starting points -- provided you are working out regularly
there are a multitude of "formulas" you can use to break it down into your macro splits, i'll steer clear of advising finite #s
just keep in mind: if carbs are low, then fats can be moderate to high..
conversely, if fats low, then you will want carbs a little bit moderate to higher
I'd like to see protein for you in the 250-300g range..other than that, you have some options

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
you have a lot of options hi protein + @2500cals total would be great starting points -- provided you are working out regularly there are a multitude of "formulas" you can use to break it down into your macro splits, i'll steer clear of advising finite #s just keep in mind: if carbs are low, then fats can be moderate to high.. conversely, if fats low, then you will want carbs a little bit moderate to higher I'd like to see protein for you in the 250-300g range..other than that, you have some options
Well I work out rigorously 6 days a week. And Dave has been telling me for the past three days I'm not eating enough. He also says that u are the diet guru so I'll retune my diet over the next couple days posting in depth meal by meal numbers and see if I get my intake up to par

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
I do have a question. With the way I've been dieting I have been loosing fat and gaining muscle. By increasing my food intake will I notice a bigger impact in either loss or gains or both still??

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I do have a question. With the way I've been dieting I have been loosing fat and gaining muscle. By increasing my food intake will I notice a bigger impact in either loss or gains or both still??
while initially you may noticed slower fat-loss, think of this more in the long-term aspect, and continued sustainability of fat-loss/recomp

more cals initially may mean slightly slower fat-loss, but the trade-off will be increased ability to gain/hold muscle
more importantly: this will allow you room to maneuver cals downward as you go along, when metabolism begins to adapt to lowered cal intake
when you start off with extremely low cals, not only do you sacrifice muscle retention ability in the long-term, you also set yourself up for hitting metabolic wall rather quickly once you adapt, and thus cals being too low to begin with would allow you nowhere to drop those cals lower to continue fat-loss maneuvers

then, you are in a world of hurt..not only have you sacrificed muscle for your efforts, but you have compromised your ability to lose fat as well
this leads to the dreaded "skinny-fat" physiques you see

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Boom. Starting fresh today. I wouldn't say reinventing the wheel but maybe turning bias ply into radial lol. Started the 5x5 today. Surprisingly I dig it a lot. Was lifting much heavier than I anticipated. Now throughout the day I will retune my eating. Since it's Monday and I'm starting new I'm gonna work in some pics and measurements to help track my progress. Posts soon to follow.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Measurements:
Neck: 15 3/4
Arms: 15 1/2
Stomach: 41

Weight:196.6.

All measurements post gym 90 mins.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Another thing I'd like to add.... This stimul8. Holy Crap man. I feel like there's a decathlon somewhere missing a competitor. And that's after my workout. Hands down the best pre I've taken. Thanks brosef

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Well halfway through the day. Still adjusting my diet to get it right. Working on loading pics. If it's not all up today it will be tomorrow.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
So far so good man! Glad to hear the 5x5 is working out for ya :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Another thing I'd like to add.... This stimul8. Holy Crap man. I feel like there's a decathlon somewhere missing a competitor. And that's after my workout. Hands down the best pre I've taken. Thanks brosef
Love stimul8. It's def my new favorite pre.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know what a decathlon is, but it sounds challenging.
You're welcome, and Merry Christmas.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Thankfully autocorrect catches most mistakes. Otherwise id stay looking dumb. Stupid electronics lol.

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Diet adjustments continuing today. Tried loading pics from my iPod and a camera. Fails every time. Stupid technology. I'll keep at it and hopefully stick them up there. Continued with the 5x5 today. Gotta reiterate on how much a like it. Change is good even though I was doubtful at first. Thanks for all the incoming tips and advice everyone

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
Meal plan:
Grapefruit when I hit the floor
Cal 82 F0 C20 P0

Pre gym shake
Cal 619 F37 C58 P 80

Post gym shake
Cal 310 F12 C18 P32

Breakfast
Cal. 406 F10 C24 P39

Lunch
Cal 496 F 15 C30 P50

Shake
Cal 310 F 12 C18 P32

Dinner
Cal 297 F13 C0 P 40

Bedtime shake
Cal 300 F 3 C8 P 60

Grand totals
Cal 2820 F 116 C176 P333

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount
and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this?

if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well)

what is this zero carbs for dinner?
I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested

let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most

napalm

napalm

Awards
mmm that's a tad high -- esp the fat amount and ESP that preWO shake .. what is the purpose of this? if you are going to have a pre shake, I would slim it down immensely, lower the carbs and the fats (a lot), and place more carbs & fat at breakfast following training (move the grapefruit there as well) what is this zero carbs for dinner? I understand the concept of dwindling carb intake as the day goes on, but dinner is not where you want zero carbs ingested let's reorganize, and get totals down to 2500 cals/150-200g carbs/75g fats at most
^^^post of the day right here