Quick diet/weight loss question

codered5

Awards
Ok on a new diet and training program to try and shed some excess weight. How much will my efforts be sabotaged if I drank just one soda a day. I am addicted to the stuff and it is the ONLY thing I am having trouble giving up. It is not tough for me to only have one but to have zero is tough for me. Is it that bad to just have one?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok on a new diet and training program to try and shed some excess weight. How much will my efforts be sabotaged if I drank just one soda a day. I am addicted to the stuff and it is the ONLY thing I am having trouble giving up. It is not tough for me to only have one but to have zero is tough for me. Is it that bad to just have one?
Soda is not the best option if you're using it for energy or pick-me-ups.

However, as long as you factor the calories from your soda into your daily caloric intake, and your nutrition is targeted at fat loss, you will be fine.

~Rosie~

codered5

Awards
Yeah its not a pick me up thing with me, its actually more of a comfort thing. I just happen to like it a lot, its like a treat at the end of the day.

What do you look for in a nutrition plan targeted at fat loss? I am not an expert in this by any stretch of the imagination and always appreciate comments from those in the know.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah its not a pick me up thing with me, its actually more of a comfort thing. I just happen to like it a lot, its like a treat at the end of the day.

What do you look for in a nutrition plan targeted at fat loss? I am not an expert in this by any stretch of the imagination and always appreciate comments from those in the know.
If it's a comfort thing, then try and wean yourself off it - if you want a treat, go for some fresh fruit or something instead.

If you want fat loss, you have to be in a caloric deficit from your Maintenance calories - whether you get this deficit through diet or training is up to you.

I recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation, and training for effective and successful fat loss.

~Rosie~

codered5

Awards
Couple of things...one diet soda tastes like crap I absolutely HATE it...second I have some type of allergy to diet soda (no idea there) and third, aspartame is basically poison and I don't want any of it in any levels in my body if I can avoid it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple of things...one diet soda tastes like crap I absolutely HATE it...second I have some type of allergy to diet soda (no idea there) and third, aspartame is basically poison and I don't want any of it in any levels in my body if I can avoid it.
Soda is pretty much the same - you'll be better off without it, but you will do what you will do, so all the best.

~Rosie~

Fat Ass 101

Fat Ass 101

Awards
I've been off soda for a few years now and don't really miss it. Now, if I could only give up beer.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
OK, but I can assure you drinking regular soda is a lot worse for you than a little aspartame.

Good luck.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
When I got serious about dieting in high school, I woke up one day in 10th grade and I said "i'm not going to drink soda anymore" and I haven't had a sip of it since that day. And that was about 9 years ago....