question about keeping gains

realsoundjim

Awards
  • Established
my question involves 2 hypothetical scenarios - scenarios which i may consider for myself actually. here goes: test enanthate run at the normal dosing (from what i study thats about 500 , right?) + equipoise ( also run normal dosing, forgot what that is but thats not point) versus tren (norm dosing, 75) and boldenone. now, of course the equipoise is in the for the increase in appetite. run with test enanthate this should really help pack on the mass. however, supposedly this mass aquired is extremely hard to keep. whereas, tren and equipoise would produce less mass gains but more keepable muscle. however is it safe to say that after proper pct of both different cycles, u will still net just about the same amount. here check it out to follow me
hypothetically lets say test and eq u grossed a 25 pound gain and then after pct u lose 15 but keep 10. so now weve a net gain of 10. now lwts say with tren and eq you gain 15 pouns, but lose 5. u have a net gain of 10. both scenarios you NET the same after all is over. i ask this due to myself weighing out my options for next cycle, and it seems in the end it may not matter which route i choose. i may be totally and completely wrong in all accounts, but i ask for your thoughts and opinions of such theory, as you guys have the knowledge of experience thanks

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend test be the base of any cycle. I would also up the test to 750 unless this is your first cycle. As far as how much you keep that varies from person to person. Make sure your PCT is in check, and don't make the all to common mistake of dropping your calories to low afterwords. remember you still need extra calories to support the extra muscle you are carrying.

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
I just came off a 12 week cycle of test and have currently lost only 2 pounds of approximately 28 lbs. Granted, I am only a week off, but this is a good start. For PCT I am using 60mg tamox week 1, 40mg week 2,3,4; IGF-1; and keeping calories insanely high :) As has been said by the good guys on this board, correct PCT is the key to keeping your gains.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
gains are dependant on the person and with test enan you'll gain some water which will come off after your cycle, its hard to say which you'll keep more gains after but if you eat a lot and do proper pct and rest and train properly you will be happy after either cycle

as for 750 mg test i would simply run as little as you can get away with while still making good gains
why rush to run 3/4 of a gram when you can still make good gains with 500? you'll get good gains and safe some money

realsoundjim

Awards
  • Established
as for 750 mg test i would simply run as little as you can get away with while still making good gains
why rush to run 3/4 of a gram when you can still make good gains with 500? you'll get good gains and safe some money[/QUOTE]

yes, i agree

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
i am just going by personal experience 500 really didnt cut it for me. but i guess its different for different people

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
no offense but if 500mg of test didn't cut it for you unless you had been doing cycles with 1+ grams you probably didn't have your diet, training, and or resting in proper order

everyone should be able to grow off of 500mg of test until they start using very high doses