Putting Universal Nutrition Sterol Complex to Test

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 16- Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy

A good back session added T-bar rowing to the workout at 315lbs 3 sets 8 reps. Back was fried and left me with little energy to do Shoulders. But, went through the entire workout and did abs.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 17 Legs Hypertrophy

This session almost made me throw up. Kept test periods to just 20secs between exercise and sets. The intensity was a little more than I anticipated. Will bring it down a notch next week.

Squats- speed set: 225x 4 reps x 6sets
Hack squat (smith machine)- 180x 12, 205x 10, 230x 8
Leg Press- 575x 15, 620x 12
Leg Extension- 100x 20, 110x 18, 120x 15
Romanian deadlift- 225x 12, 10, 8
Lying leg curl- 80x 15, 90x 12
Goblet sumo squat- 55x 20, 15
Donkey calf raise- 160x 20, 15, 15, 12
Leg press machine calf raise- 315x 25, 20, 15
3 variations of abs workout.

Completed all this in 75mins.

Muscles are fuller now. Endurance wise nothing has changed/improved. Still the same before the start of the cycle. By the end of every workout I get really winded and left with little energy. I may pull things down a little bit to avoid any muscle recovery problems.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 18 Chest Annihilation, Biceps and Triceps

Added a scoop of Re1gn and the workout just took off to another level.

DB bench press (speed sets)- 65x 3x 6
BB Incline Press- 135x 12, 160x 10, 185x 8, 200x 2
DB incline Press (slow reps)- 55x 10, 60x 8
Machine seated chest press- 135x 15, 135x 13, 160x 12
Incline DB fly- 30x 20, 30x 15

Did giant sets for Bi and Tri.

Completed today’s workout with abs

Traveling to visit my parents now and attend my best friend’s wedding. So, no cardio tomorrow or workout on Monday.

Have a good weekend y’all.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 20 Lower Body Strength

Had a good weekend with parents and skipped my Upper Body Strength day since I was traveling back.

My strength has improved a lot. I am moving weights much better and the strength gain is very steady now. Forgot to take my training shoes as I was rushing to the gym. So, had to do every exercise with just my socks. Ordered for a second bottle which would have been delivered by to my buddy in Japan. Will get it next week in hand.

Squats- 315x8, 360x5, 385x5 (for the 385 I had someone to give a hand just to ensure I don't drop too deep that I don't get out of the hole)
Hack Squat (Smith Machine)- 225x12, 270x8
Single Leg Extension- 90x12, 100x10, 125x7 (Need a little more practice on this one. This was my first time. Studhorse thanks for the suggestion)
Stiff Legged Deadlift- 225x8, 250x6, 275x5
Lying Leg Curl- 100x10, 110x6

Finished with 3 sets of standing and 2 sets of seated calf raise. Did abs post the workout.

I think, if people are looking for strength, Sterol Complex definitely helps. My 3rd week is almost coming to an end and I know I couldn't have progressed this fast without it.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 20 Lower Body Strength

Had a good weekend with parents and skipped my Upper Body Strength day since I was traveling back.

My strength has improved a lot. I am moving weights much better and the strength gain is very steady now. Forgot to take my training shoes as I was rushing to the gym. So, had to do every exercise with just my socks. Ordered for a second bottle which would have been delivered by to my buddy in Japan. Will get it next week in hand.

Squats- 315x8, 360x5, 385x5 (for the 385 I had someone to give a hand just to ensure I don't drop too deep that I don't get out of the hole)
Hack Squat (Smith Machine)- 225x12, 270x8
Single Leg Extension- 90x12, 100x10, 125x7 (Need a little more practice on this one. This was my first time. Studhorse thanks for the suggestion)
Stiff Legged Deadlift- 225x8, 250x6, 275x5
Lying Leg Curl- 100x10, 110x6

Finished with 3 sets of standing and 2 sets of seated calf raise. Did abs post the workout.

I think, if people are looking for strength, Sterol Complex definitely helps. My 3rd week is almost coming to an end and I know I couldn't have progressed this fast without it.
"Single Leg Extension- 90x12, 100x10, 125x7 " That is impressive !

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"Single Leg Extension- 90x12, 100x10, 125x7 " That is impressive !
Thanks. I know my legs are definitely stronger than what it used to be a month ago. Gunning for my old PR 405 for 2 reps in a couple weeks.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I know my legs are definitely stronger than what it used to be a month ago. Gunning for my old PR 405 for 2 reps in a couple weeks.
Holy crap! You still weight 176? squating 385 for 5!!!!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
*chanting* video, video, video *ends chant*

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 21 Deadlift, Traps and Cardio

Reached my previous PR of 405 today. Didn’t want to rep it out because it’s after a long time I am back at lifting 405.

Deadlift- 225x12 (warm up), 315x5, 340x5, 365x3, 405x1
Again circuit training for about 20mins. Some abs workout and Traps.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man if you hit 385x5 at depth then you have 405x2 or very close. How tall are you again. You have pretty thick build so I am guessing 5'5-5'6? Either way the weight to weight lifted ratio is awesome!!!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man if you hit 385x5 at depth then you have 405x2 or very close. How tall are you again. You have pretty thick build so I am guessing 5'5-5'6? Either way the weight to weight lifted ratio is awesome!!!
I can’t dig too deep into the hole yet. But, I don’t do a half rep as well. I am 5.7. Yeah, I wanted to get my lifts to 3x my body weight. That’s the goal.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can’t dig too deep into the hole yet. But, I don’t do a half rep as well. I am 5.7. Yeah, I wanted to get my lifts to 3x my body weight. That’s the goal.
Are you going below parallel like would your squats count in a meet? If not why not back down weight and go all the way so you don't have to explain it like that.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you going below parallel like would your squats count in a meet? If not why not back down weight and go all the way so you don't have to explain it like that.
Yes. I go below parallel for sure. Will take a video and post it after my next session.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes. I go below parallel for sure. Will take a video and post it after my next session.
Oh okay then there really is no reason to go ATG with maximal weights. Going into that exaggerated ROM with very heavy weight is just not needed and is where the most risk for injury resides. My ortho had to point that out over and over to me. Things have been much safer for me and far less tweaks now that I save my ATG squats for lighter loads and work the ROM more, but for heavy stuff I try to only go as low as required for a white light in a meet.

At your age it probably wouldn't matter too much but as you get older being aware that the moving heavy weights in the outer areas of the ROM becomes more and more of a dangerous situation.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh okay then there really is no reason to go ATG with maximal weights. Going into that exaggerated ROM with very heavy weight is just not needed and is where the most risk for injury resides. My ortho had to point that out over and over to me. Things have been much safer for me and far less tweaks now that I save my ATG squats for lighter loads and work the ROM more, but for heavy stuff I try to only go as low as required for a white light in a meet.

At your age it probably wouldn't matter too much but as you get older being aware that the moving heavy weights in the outer areas of the ROM becomes more and more of a dangerous situation.
I think it would be invaluable to me to get your feedback on my squats. Let me get the video next week. If you see any room for change or improvement that would help me a lot.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use to hit my squats too deep. after about 15 years I tore my erector spinae in my lower back. Dr. told me I wasn't limber enough in my lower back. (They didn't know much back then)It's never been the same.
Wish we knew all this stuff 25 years ago. Big a ss weight and whatever it took to lift it crap. Way too much ego.
I still see the younger guys doing behind the neck presses and Lat pulls at my gym and squats that are way to heavy for them.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think it would be invaluable to me to get your feedback on my squats. Let me get the video next week. If you see any room for change or improvement that would help me a lot.
Certainly, I will definitely let you know anything I see that looks like it could be improved.
I use to hit my squats too deep. after about 15 years I tore my erector spinae in my lower back. Dr. told me I wasn't limber enough in my lower back. (They didn't know much back then)It's never been the same.
Wish we knew all this stuff 25 years ago. Big a ss weight and whatever it took to lift it crap. Way too much ego.
I still see the younger guys doing behind the neck presses and Lat pulls at my gym and squats that are way to heavy for them.
Yeah I didn't find out about any of that until after my first surgery. Then having an ortho to bounce things off of when I was starting to hurt is when i really learned the most. We had the "You keep training your way, and you are going to make me a lot of money over the years!" conversation on more than a few occasions. It took a bit but I gradually let it sink in pretty good. I still get all egocentric on lifting sometimes when things are going really good. I take proper precautions now but I still have to push and challenge myself to the limits. I just have to figure out what those limits are at any given time.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 22 Back and Shoulders

Day 23 Legs Hypertrophy

Not getting into the entire workout. But, I need some help.

It has been a week that I am noticing, post workout my body is completely drained after in a couple hours after playing with my son. I just want to hit the bed because I am really tired.

My concerns are
1) Am I not recovering well? I get around 6:00-6:30hrs of sleep every night. That's all I can get with my son and putting him to bed.
2) Am I lifting too heavy?
3) Should I take a mid week off (wednesday). Instead of doing Deads and Traps, should I just stick with cardio?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 22 Back and Shoulders

Day 23 Legs Hypertrophy

Not getting into the entire workout. But, I need some help.

It has been a week that I am noticing, post workout my body is completely drained after in a couple hours after playing with my son. I just want to hit the bed because I am really tired.

My concerns are
1) Am I not recovering well? I get around 6:00-6:30hrs of sleep every night. That's all I can get with my son and putting him to bed.
2) Am I lifting too heavy?
3) Should I take a mid week off (wednesday). Instead of doing Deads and Traps, should I just stick with cardio?
What are all of your supplements you are taking now and around your workout. Also what does your peri workout nutrition look like? How long has it been since you had a deload week and how often are you deadlifting and squatting?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are all of your supplements you are taking now and around your workout. Also what does your peri workout nutrition look like? How long has it been since you had a deload week and how often are you deadlifting and squatting?
6:30AM- sterol complex
12:30 PM- Anavite 1tab
30mins Pre workout- sterol complex
1x or 2x a week Pre workout
Post workout with meals- Ayurvedic joint support
Dinner- KSM66 with 1tab Anavite
Sometimes ending the day with whey and peanut butter shake.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nutrition is mainly rice, chicken and veggies with some Indian curry

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Nutrition is mainly rice, chicken and veggies with some Indian curry
Oh man I love Indian curry...pm me if you have any really sick recipes I’m always looking for really good ones

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh man I love Indian curry...pm me if you have any really sick recipes I’m always looking for really good ones
For sure.. but, it’s not really simple to make Indian curry. Will share some with you.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mean macros around training not just food sources, that really doesn't give me much info at all if I don't know how much of each you are getting.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Carbs 300 Gms
Protein 180gms
Fat 50-60 gms
During your peri-workout period? IE... Pre workout intra workout and post workout meal only, or are you just eating macros evenly throughout the day and not doing any specific peri workout protocol?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
During your peri-workout period? IE... Pre workout intra workout and post workout meal only, or are you just eating macros evenly throughout the day and not doing any specific peri workout protocol?
It’s evenly distributed through out the day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s evenly distributed through out the day.
Then you might try rearranging it a bit to get more carbs and overall nutrients in around training. As far as carbs, think maybe 100-150 spread out in all other meals and 150-200 in the peri-workout nutrition window. That being pre-workout, intra workout drink, post workout shake and meal 30-60 minutes later. Putting most of your calories and carbohydrates in the periworkout nutrition protocol has been proven to increase recovery noticeably. Plus if you don't normally have intra workout nutrition you will LOVE the intra-set recovery aspect of having nutrient dense blood constantly feeding the muscle.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to close this thread. I still have a few days left on Universal Nutrition and another bottle to go through. For those looking to get into this supplement, here is my summary

Week 1
Pros- None
Cons- Lethargy

Week 2
Pros- Slight increase in strength, Lethargy slowly moving out, better libido
Cons- Still 50% Lethargy can be expected

Week 3
Pros- No lethargy, noticeable strength gains, muscle fullness and pump is better
Cons- Libido normalises and a slight reduction is semen volume (this could be just me)

I do not notice any change in hunger (no increase or drop). No noticeable change in body composition. Since I am on a lean bulk, carbs to protein ratio is 1.5:1. But, I still am able to keep my body comp the same.

If you have any questions, let me know. Will continue to use this for another month and then move on to Ep1logue or Orig1n or Testify or Clear Muscle. I haven't decided.

TheBigBrodie

TheBigBrodie

Awards
  • Established
Going to close this thread. I still have a few days left on Universal Nutrition and another bottle to go through. For those looking to get into this supplement, here is my summary

Week 1
Pros- None
Cons- Lethargy

Week 2
Pros- Slight increase in strength, Lethargy slowly moving out, better libido
Cons- Still 50% Lethargy can be expected

Week 3
Pros- No lethargy, noticeable strength gains, muscle fullness and pump is better
Cons- Libido normalises and a slight reduction is semen volume (this could be just me)

I do not notice any change in hunger (no increase or drop). No noticeable change in body composition. Since I am on a lean bulk, carbs to protein ratio is 1.5:1. But, I still am able to keep my body comp the same.

If you have any questions, let me know. Will continue to use this for another month and then move on to Ep1logue or Orig1n or Testify or Clear Muscle. I haven't decided.
Thanks for your input man. I appreciate it a lot.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
move on to Ep1logue or Orig1n or Testify or Clear Muscle. I haven't decided.
For what it's worth, have a look at PhosphaMuscle instead of ClearMuscle. PhosphaMuscle was a far more fun and far better run in my experiences with the two.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For what it's worth, have a look at PhosphaMuscle instead of ClearMuscle. PhosphaMuscle was a far more fun and far better run in my experiences with the two.
No more spending on suppz.. I got Clear Muscle for almost nothing.. so, will run it just for the F of it

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No more spending on suppz.. I got Clear Muscle for almost nothing.. so, will run it just for the F of it
Ahh o.k, didn't know you already had it in.
Anyways, thanks for the log. Sterol Complex was, and sounds like it still is, a top natty supp and hopefully your log may help others reap it's benefits

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ahh o.k, didn't know you already had it in.
Anyways, thanks for the log. Sterol Complex was, and sounds like it still is, a top natty supp and hopefully your log may help others reap it's benefits
Thanks brother.. I hope so. The price point is a major winner for me. For $53 I get a 2 month run with pretty good strength gains. Will finish my second bottle and see what else this gets me.